News

Our plan was to rob GUS Winner Hector Jobarteh – Suspect

BellaNaija Weddings

Our plan was to rob GUS Winner Hector Jobarteh - Suspect - BellaNaijaIsmaila Adeyemi, one of the suspects in the death of “Gulder Ultimate Search” winner “Hector Jobarteh” said they had planned only to rob the deceased, and not to kill.

The 49-year-old said he and his gang members had trailed Hector to his home from a petrol station, Punch reports.

Adeyemi claimed he did not pull trigger. Another gang member KK did, he said.

He added that all they got from the robbery was a pair of shoes, underwear, and a phone sold for N7000. He said:

I met KK through Nonso, whom I worked with in a filling station in Apapa some years back. I met Nonso about five months ago and I gave him the address of where I live in Sango, Ogun State. KK just returned from outside the country.

I did not know who the man (Jobarteh) was before the operation. On that day, we parked at a filling station around his house and a lady came to meet KK. After a while, he received a call from the lady and we saw the man drive into the close.

We followed him, but did not know where he entered. KK approached a woman and lied to her that the man’s car hit his and he sped off. He begged her to direct us to where the man entered and she did. When we got into the building, we saw the car and met another lady on the premises.

KK asked the lady to lead us to the man’s apartment, but she declined. It was when he pointed a gun at the woman that she complied and took KK upstairs. He called us to come upstairs, but by the time we got to a living room upstairs, he had shot the man’s father in the hand.

I did not shoot at all, although I was holding a gun too. I quarreled with KK for shooting them, because our plan was just to rob. He threatened to shoot me and I kept quiet. It was a pair of shoes and flowers that were in the bag we collected from him. We didn’t find money there.

I took away only his white handset while KK went with the bag. I gave the phone to my brother, Usman, to help me sell it. He said he sold it for N7,000. I collected N5,000 and gave him N2,000

1. debby

October 3, 2017 at 10:08 am

End time robbers, what a waste.

2. Tri.

October 3, 2017 at 10:13 am

It’s obviously not a random robbery, so the question remains, why him, why was he a target?

3. Physio Tinu

October 3, 2017 at 10:24 am

I’m at a loss for words.
    What a waste! So senseless a death. What makes you think you can just collect somebody’s hard earned income? Because you have a gun? Chai. Chai. Chai.

4. Som

October 3, 2017 at 11:02 am

It’s obvious a woman set him up. Maybe a woman he hurt or some woman he told his brother was coming into the country and she assumed he would have collected dollarsenal from said brother.
    Still a waste

5. Sexy O

October 3, 2017 at 12:38 pm

Such senseless killing and disregard for human life because of less than 10,000. May God judge them and remove His mercy and Grace from their lives and families. So sad?

6. Dolly

October 3, 2017 at 5:01 pm

This is def hire to kill, the stolen items was just a cover-up to make it look like a random robbery. How do you explain all that journey to find him and none of those met got robbed?

7. kati

October 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I feel like tearing these guys up with my bare hands, bit by bit. A full grown man, a human being you killed like this? someone who had toiled through life, had hopes, had a family and dreams? had people that loved him and you killed him for 7thousand naira that is cheaper than the price of a ram? what is wrong with our lazy annoying generation? Where have we lost it? Just last week a young boy of 20 I knew was shot and his old bike he used to hustle inorder to support himself in school taken from him. All the robbers wanted was the cranky bike that will sell for less than 20k.
    When did we lose our minds? even if economy is hard that is no excuse. The sooner they activate the firing squad the better it will be. Most human’s have lost their soul.

Can this generation make it right?
    Can we please bring up our kids well? teach them contentment? Because I feel most parents in the past generation missed it somewhere.