Music

Jill Scott files for Divorce after 15 Months of Marriage

BellaNaija.com

Jill Scott files for Divorce after 15 Months of Marriage - BellaNaija

Jill Scott and Mike Dobson. (Photo by Marcus Ingram/Getty Images)

Singer and actor Jill Scott has filed for a divorce from her husband of 15 months, Mike Dobson.

According to Bossip, the couple have been separated since September.

Scott, 45, reportedly cited “irreconcilable differences” and “inappropriate marital conduct that such further cohabitation would be unsafe and improper” as a reason for the divorce.

Dobson, who spoke to Bossip, said he was completely blindsided by the divorce suit.

They had agreed to live separately, he admitted, adding that they’d work on their relationship and continue to wear their rings.

“She’s an evil woman,” he said, adding:

I’m telling you. It’s like what Jill Scott wants, Jill Scott gets. People are in her ear, and if someone comes in to challenge the dumb s**t, they made me be the bad guy and that got me outta there.

She’s got issues. There’s no men in that family, there’s only women. And when a man comes in, it’s like a challenge.

She likes to have men that she can control. You’re not gonna control me. What’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong.

She likes to emasculate men – that’s her problem. I told her, she’s from Philly, but I’m from New York, and if you want to try to disgrace me, try to slander me, I can fight dirty.

Photo Credit: Marcus Ingram/Getty Images

1. M

November 8, 2017 at 12:12 pm

I am so scared. So scared of marriage or maybe its people. I wonder if it’s just best to stay single and enjoy companionship when you can.

• Pat

November 8, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Go with your heart. Married is great with the right person just as been single is great. Its a choice we make.

• Weezy

November 8, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Don’t be ridiculous. Are you Jill Scott? Do you know what kind of wife she was or what kind of husband this Dobson was? Why should someone in another country from another culture with another lifestyle (singer) make you fear marriage.

2. iyabo

November 8, 2017 at 1:11 pm

:…….marry marry marry marry…….let people be!

3. Cmbo

November 8, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Why am i laughing. But she hasn’t said anything yet na. Marriage is not for everyone o, they were supposedly in a long term relationship before they got married so when and where did the evil come in. lol

4. Funmilola

November 8, 2017 at 3:20 pm

For crying out loud, when did this people get married?
    Na wa ooo, irreconcilable differences as usual.

5. Uberhaute looks

November 8, 2017 at 6:30 pm

She didn’t say anything but her hubby don dey shit for yansh hahaha

6. BC