Events

#MissWorld2017: Nigeria’s rep Ugochi Ihezue wins Model Challenge & advances to Top 40!

BellaNaija.com

Our girl Ugochi Ihezue made it to top 40!

It’s just been announced that Nigeria’s rep at the 2017 Miss World won the Fast Track Model Challenge, which means she automatically advances to the top 40 and will walk the stage come November 18th!

We’re so proud of her. Let’s bring the crown home!

1. Drgbaks

November 11, 2017 at 4:33 pm

So proud of you! Well done. You are favoured. We won’t stop rooting for you!!!

I screamed my head off when your name was announced! Gosh! This just made my weekend.

2. Cozygal

November 11, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Awww. Happy for her.

3. Cozygal

November 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm

BN, why is my avatar different?

4. Californiabawlar

November 11, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Yay!!!!! ??????????

5. O

November 11, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Finally My work here is done!

Our representative has moved to the top 40 and she got there by HER OWN TALENTS and not even our votes.

Keep soaring girl! I’m so sure you’ll definitely make top 15.

Now time to be a little petty.

Nay-sayers! Where y’all at?
    She won’t make top 40
    Her cat walk is bad
    Her diction is poor
    She’s underweight

Shame on you all. This goes to show that we all need to drop this cyber bullying and negativity.

The stone Nigerians rejected has indeed become the corner stone.

Nigerians! We need to do better! We all love a winner… But we fail to put in the work and support to build one. It’s an inherent problem. Look at how we are all screaming ‘Anthony Joshua’……but where were Nigerians when he was an unknown boxer? Did we train him?

I was spurred on to campaign for Ugochi when I saw the way Asians esp Indians, Nepalese were campaigning for their own people. Even Liberians and Ghanians are so supportive of their own.

Thanks to everyone who voted for this girl and most especially Bella naija for providing a great platform.

Stephanie! You’re next in line! Make us proud at miss universe.

6. teeA

November 11, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Yay!! Go girl!
    next step: top 10

7. Frida

November 11, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I’m so so happy! I predicted her winning the top model challenge since the beginning of the pageant.

She absolutely deserves it!

She’s so tall (1.88m) , graceful, poised. She was a top model at Beth models Inc before winning mbgn. It would have been clear ‘ojoro’ if the miss world judges did not declare her winner of the top model challenge.

I laughed internally at the comments here criticizing her catwalk.

Congrats girl! You have made Nigeria proud and even if you do not eventually win the miss world title, I’m so sure a top modelling agency will snatch you up.

8. Asa

November 11, 2017 at 7:09 pm

See as I rejoice. You go think say I get stake. Go girl! If you said she wouldn’t go far and her catwalk is crap, come here and eat your words osiso.

9. O

November 11, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Since BN refused to post my previous comment let me just say: My job here is done!

Ugochi has made top 40 based on her own talents and not even our votes.

Thanks to everyone who supported her esp Bellanaija who used their platform to promote her.

People don’t know how much kind words of encouragement mean to people.

Nigeria we need to do better when it comes to supporting our own.

Everyone loves a winner but few are willing to give people the support needed to win.

All the best Ugochi! I know you’ll make us even prouder!!

10. Santos

November 11, 2017 at 9:20 pm

Congratulations ugochi, you have made yourself and Nigeria proud by winning the Miss top model award. Bring the crown home girl,,, haters eat your dirty faces.

11. Mayrose

November 12, 2017 at 12:34 am

Woow… 6ft 2. incredible

12. obitex

November 12, 2017 at 10:09 am

she is already in top five cos top model challenge and beauty with a purpose challenge are very vital at miss world contest. check d past winners and quote me

• Frida

November 12, 2017 at 4:47 pm

You’re right Obitex! 5 previous winners of the miss world crown won the top model challenge in their time.

All the past top model challenge winners made it to the top 15 at worst.

Fingers crossed for Ugochi!