News

“I wish I pressured you more not to” marry Maryam – Friend of man stabbed to death by Wife

BellaNaija.com

Bilyamin Bello and Dikko Mustapha

The son of former People’s Democratic Party chairman Haliru Bello, Bilyamin Bello, who was allegedly stabbed to death by his wife, would have celebrated his 36th birthday today.

Bilyamin’s friend, Dikko Mustapha on his Facebook page, penned an emotional tribute to his friend. Mustapha reflected on the time they had spent together, stating he wished he had continued to put pressure on Bilyamin not to marry Maryam Sanda, his alleged murderer.

He wrote:

Today I would have called to say Happy birthday to you Bilya as you clock 36 but you are no longer with us
I am looking up and I trust you are looking down. Because I am insisting on smiles and not a single frown, I am trying so hard but these tears of pain keep flowing down my cheeks. Sitting down here thinking about you, thinking about life without you Bilya.

I am in so much pain and I am so sorry for drifting apart when you wanted to marry Maryam, I wish I pressured you more not to, I tried but I should have tried harder I was angry with you at the moment and That was selfish so we left you all alone with this murderer. First, she separated you from your beloved wife then she separated you from your family and friends
As I sit here pondering about what would have been if we had pressurised you, I feel guilty down my spine.My thoughts are these.

If I had put so much pressure on you and succeeded in making you understand our point of view when you wanted to marry Maryam
1. You would have left her and probably this wouldn’t have happened.
2. As Number 1 didn’t happen, if we hadn’t drifted a little too apart when you married Maryam you would have confided in me, Usman, Abba or Bello about the harsh condition in your marriage And we would have adviced you accordingly and probably all this wouldn’t have happened.
Oh Bilya I am so sorry I am so devastated by your demise I wish I could turn the hands of time but it’s too late.

Maryam has finally separated you from this world completely.
I recall what you used to say back in the days “when I get married I am going to Submit to my wife totally I don’t like woman wahala let peace reign kawai” and we will call you names, Well you did let peace reign and she took advantage of it.
You will forever be in our heart body and soul. Insha Allah Alisha your daughter will hear the story of a great man called Bilya her father because you were a great man. #Justiceforbilya

Photo Credit: Facebook – Dikko Mustapha

1. Nunulicious

November 23, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Sounds like she is an ogre. N.a. wa. Wonder what the end of this saga would be.

2. John

November 23, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Not suprised… Typical standard practice of all wives who want to completely dominate their husband. They will first chase your friends away, then your family, under the umbrella of don’t let us allow third party. Finally,they send you away to the other side.
    Guys, Just be wary of any woman who tries to separate you from your hommies and especially your family. Once she succeeds, the next thing is to isolate you and deal mercilessly with you.
    Once she alienates you and deprives you of any possible support, then she will strike.
    A good woman will never create a gap between you and your family and friends.

• Biker Chic

November 24, 2017 at 2:35 am

Vice versa. Learn to use that grey matter in that thing on your neck biko. How difficult can that be? You are predictable and that is lazy. You are boring and l hate boring.

• Oga John

November 24, 2017 at 4:56 am

Then advise your fellow men to remain faithful to their good wives. You obviously didn’t read that he left his “beloved wife” and got married to the woman who murdered him

• John

November 24, 2017 at 6:33 am

You are predictable and that is lazy. You are boring and l hate boring………I don’t care if you bored…I am not here to entertain the likes of you. You clam I am predictable and boring and yet you still can’t ignore me….If u don’t like my comment…just jump and pass and piss off but yet you can do it…Now,Who is the fool?

• John

November 24, 2017 at 9:22 am

@Oga john so bcos he was unfaithful “as u claimed” that gives her the right to stab him multiple times and kill him..what happens to the feminist mantra of “walking away”…can you even hear yourself..Ok, No problem, I will remember to use your justifications when Next time a Man beat his wife to death..hypocritical fish brains

• Fizzy

November 24, 2017 at 9:44 pm

@John, but you are predictable now. That is not good when you are in the mist of very intelligent women. They will find you boring. Ok [email protected] Chic hurt you with her observation. Sorry. LMAO

3. Hauwa Garkuwa

November 23, 2017 at 10:47 pm

May his soul rest in perfect peace. Ameen

4. Godwin

November 23, 2017 at 11:26 pm

It is very unfortunate. Rip Bilya.

5. Baymax

November 24, 2017 at 12:09 am

Why did he leave his first wife? Was she childless? The way I see it, the man left his first wife to be with this woman. It sounds like he wanted to eat his cake and have it. Sad he died for his mistake.

And once again, if the murdered party was a woman, the articles would have had 100 comments by now.

• Cocolette

November 24, 2017 at 1:51 am

‘If the murdered party were a woman, the comments would be 100 by now’
      Did they hold the mouth of men? Is he not a fellow man? Shouldn’t they feel this more than the women? Men should open their mouths/fingers and shout/type too

• hmmm

November 24, 2017 at 7:23 am

To be fair, this is a female-dominated website( mostly from abroad) .If you want to see men comments in their thousands..goto bigger blogs like Nairaland and yabaleft(especially their Facebook page).You will see men worse than John and Chief

• CrazyWorld

November 24, 2017 at 8:35 am

I don’t like the tone of Baymax but you do know when things like this happen and women keep quiet, it means that they don’t care if a life is lost or not. Men are everywhere too condemning DV against women. The way you put it sounds really off.

One day when you need help and someone looks at you, gives you a number to call, shakes his or her head and walk away is when you’d understand what your comment mean.

• Fizzy

November 24, 2017 at 9:36 pm

John is not a man. Pls. do not mention John and that gender in the same sentence.

6. Victor Adegoke

November 24, 2017 at 6:48 am

That Maryam of a woman must face the LAW.

• Osa

November 24, 2017 at 11:18 am

Not likely bro. She’s been let off. End of matter.

7. B.E

November 24, 2017 at 7:42 am

This is just sad!!!!! Anger is from the devil. Never let an angry spirit take over because yes it is a spirit

Whenever you get angry to an uncontrollable state, walk away, go get some fresh air. This act was brutal and the woman should face justice baby or no baby!

8. Chinny

November 24, 2017 at 7:58 am

Maryam, All you need right now is Annalise Keating.
    I repeat, hire Annalise Keating.
    This is not difficult for Annalise. piece of cake.
    *evilgrin

• Tessa Doghor

November 24, 2017 at 10:11 am

I laughed but it’s not a joke
      I think she already has an Annalise working for her
      The crime scene has been wiped clean.

• annonymous

November 24, 2017 at 10:34 am

Annalise abi Olivia Pope? This one needs a fixer.

9. Doroanon

November 24, 2017 at 9:06 am

I condemn domestic violence.Im a woman,why did the deceased not divorce her after realizing shes a beast.the Maryam should br sentenced to death or lynched.An eye for an eye.the deceased daughter is who i pity shes a victim of circumstance in the society where we live in for her to get a partner would be tough .she would get to hear this”her mother killed her father let her not kill our son oooo,the spirit that rules her mother rules her too,over my dead body u marry my son” Bilyas family should take their daughter from that beast shes a murderer”

• Osa

November 24, 2017 at 11:20 am

It was momentary madness. Dont call her a beast love.

• Jummy

November 24, 2017 at 12:44 pm

Osa you are a complete hyporcrtie! Wow!

If this was a a man who stabbed his wife you would have never called it “momentary madness

Shame on you!

10. Loki

November 24, 2017 at 9:11 am

Can everyone just give up on making this a gender issue? It just shows the incurable ignorance of the average Nigerian.
    This is a case of domestic violence gone out of hand; and it affects both men and women and shouldn’t be condoned in either case, Period! We should be focusing on educating people to recognise potential abusive situations; rather than defensively shouting wives vs husbands. If you are not part of the solution; then you are part of the problem…or at least the precipitate..
    Most abusive situations follow this same pattern. It starts with charm and continues to isolation. If you find yourself in a circumstance where the person is so charming and seemingly perfect and then starts separating you gradually from family and friends, flee the situation. People mistake it for love- “he/she wants me for themselves and doesn’t want to share me with anyone”. That’s a lie; the person is a sociopath. Run fast and far; it won’t end well. A person who truly loves you will try to fit into your life…not separate you from it (Unless you were a member of Al Qaeda or the Taliban. In which case…)
    The next step is manipulating you emotionally. Some will use softer emotions through blackmail; others will apply anger to scare you into complying.
    When you are nothing more than a shell of your former self, violence will be employed to maintain the status quo.
    Whether you’re a man or a woman; recognise abuse for what it is. Whether it is you, or a loved one in the situation, recognise and act. Forget maintaining the peace. Always think of the worst case scenario- you could buy peace at the cost of your life.

• Just saying

November 24, 2017 at 10:11 am

But if this was the reverse, you would have been first to call it a gender issue. Just saying. Do what I say but not what I do, kwa?

• Loki

November 24, 2017 at 11:24 am

@Just Sayin – What are you on about? Do you know me?
      There are questions that are gender related. This one is not, if not that the mentally ill among us have decided to do make it out as such. There are men and women in prison; because crime is gender-blind unlike the unevolved philistines like John, Chief and now obviously you who call yourselves objective but are in reality a bunch of misogynistic heathens who will rather die than see women happy in ANY way if they do not bow at the altar of your foolish ego.
      But since you have decided to hold on to that particular bone like a disabled dog on steroids, the fact is that women have suffered violence in the hands of men since the beginning of time. And men applaud it and say it’s a man’s world and caution women to toe the line if they don’t want the violence levelled against them…not that our compliance has helped us in any way. How many men speak out when a man beats his wife near to death or even kills her. Like a bunch of Nazis, y’all have run rough shod over human rights in the name of being traditional men. Now you all want to kill yourselves because one of y’all got stabbed? Oh, it’s just starting baby. I hear another man got stabbed two days ago and men are now hiding their kitchen knives.
      The end of the world is here. Let anarchy reign. I had one f*ck to give and it’s gone.

11. Tessa Doghor

November 24, 2017 at 10:09 am

I love my brother to pieces
    So I can feel this man’s pain. Hmmm, let’s be wise in being a good judge of people’s character.

Why do the good ones fall for the evil ones?
    Always, always choose what’s right for you.

12. tracy

November 24, 2017 at 10:32 am

RIP to the dead…that’s all I can say. I wasn’t in the marriage!!!

• Osa

November 24, 2017 at 11:24 am

Tracy the same point i made in the other post on this issue.
      We cannot judge the woman’s action solely on what we’ve read on blogs. What it was in self defense? . We dont have full info. Most of us commenting here are mere spectators in the grand scheme of things

13. D

November 24, 2017 at 11:20 am

There are 3 sides to most stories. another side claimed he married her for her mother’s wealth and position and the truth.

RIP to the dead.

14. Engoz

November 24, 2017 at 12:46 pm

He’s very submissive o. A submissive man who cheated on his first wife with a murderer. In fact he’s a feminist, rotflmao!!!!??
    Instead of making yeye illogical statements, Just do your eulogy and commot abeg. Or better still use your time to bring the murderer wife to judgment. How can a so-called submissive man cheat on his wife? One would expect him not to cheat. Why am I disturbing myself sef. I already know logic is not the forte of many Nigerian men. Lmao!???

15. mee too

November 24, 2017 at 1:03 pm

No be everything peace or patience dey settle. If he/she is Violent run hard and fast please.
    Obviously he was a good and peaceful person who married his opposite. now he is paying dearly for it.

Now I am talking to those of you yet to marry, if you like dey there dey form love. this one’s love kill am.

16. sandra

November 24, 2017 at 3:13 pm

pls I guys should allow dead to R I P

17. sandra

November 24, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Rest in peace

18. beabea

November 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Now the real story..
    Maryam and Bills started dating since university days!
    Then his family pushed him and forced him into marrying Fakriya while he was dating Maryam. Bilya married Fakriya, but the marriage didn’t last up to 2 weeks and he divorced her. Bilya and maryam then got married. Before the wedding her family and close relatives didn’t want her to marry Bilya as they believed he just liked her for her mother’s position.

Bilya is not the son of the former PDP chairman but rather his nephew. Bill’s father is an ordinary civilian with no political background. The wedding was very small as Maryam’s mother refused to spend so much money on the wedding and was upset Bilya didn’t want to spend a dime and just expected her family to do everything. Maryam’s mum got them an apartment in Maitama and fully furnished it! She even bought Maryam a brand new Mercedes-Benz. Plus Maryam already had a farm business that was doing well.

Fast forward to the marriage.. Maryam started to realise Bilya had lied to her so much about his family, job and source of income. And he was dating so many women outside promising them he would marry them. Bilya turned Maryam’s car to his main car and also started using all Maryam’s money telling her he is starting a business. This got so bad that the money started to seize things from Maryam. maryam will cry and pack her things and move to her family but they will send her back saying when they warned her to marry him she refused. She had begged for divorce over and over but Bilya never agreed saying that he doesn’t want the world to think he can’t hold a marriage and that they will work it out. But Bilya never stopped sleeping around and using her like a fool. She was frustrated, depressed and suicidal.

On the night the fight broke out – Maryam and Bilya fought in the living room and she left him in there bleeding and went to the kitchen She later asked her maid has Bilya not gone to the hospital and the maid should go and check on him The maid came in shouting that he is in a pool of blood and that is when he was rushed to the hospital and died.

It is clear her intention was to inflict pain on him not kill him but sadly he bleed too much and died. There is no excuse for killing another person so she should face the law for that! But we need to be careful how we are too quick to judge a situation. The same maryam we are insulting in custody in shock of what she did and might at this point be suicidal. Bilya has since been buried. Sadly their marriage failed due to: Greed, what will people say, built up frustration and pain

• Loki

November 24, 2017 at 9:53 pm

Now wait for John to come and tell you you made up this story in your fish brain because you are a femtard. Oh and that you have flabby legs and cellulite.
      I think I’ve touched most of his high points and favourite terms. If I remember any more, I’ll come back.

• Felinda

November 25, 2017 at 1:15 am

Stupid one sided story
      Didn’t she prior to killing him bite off his ear.
      So she is not only a killer but a cannibal.
      I am a woman and I don’t support this murderer no matter what they were going thru. You don’t kill him.

Your whole story you narrated is bullshit from the put of hell. I hope your killer rots in jail

• Woman

October 3, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Bullshit… she tried 5 times b4 she succeeded while he was asleep & couldn’t defend himself. How come she sustained no injuries at all if it was a fight??? I’m a woman, let’s be real. There r witnesses & he sustained fatal stabbing in various parts including his inner thigh. Abeg Abeg… he should Rest In Peace & God will definitely give d children involved Peace & prosperity. Let justice prevail

19. beabea

November 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I only have two questions:

i. who is maryam’s mother
    ii. can the story about the death incident be true?

20. Loki

November 24, 2017 at 9:54 pm

Oh yes, you are also bitter and angry and you will never find a husband except a useless beta male who can tolerate your femtard madness.

21. OJ

November 25, 2017 at 12:23 am

As a reference see the comments from the thread below and tell me if the women on this blog are not full of double standards

22. OA

November 25, 2017 at 3:08 am

@Friend of the Deceased: You shouldn’t worry yourself with regret. In Yoruba, we call it “akosile.” That’s his destiny, the way he was to walk his journey. May his soul Rest In Peace.

23. Zogne

November 26, 2017 at 6:55 pm

He is Muslims. The rule are different for them.