“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” soared to $220 million on its North American opening weekend, data released Friday showed, backing up months of hype and earning critical praise even as early audiences didn’t quite feel the force.
The latest installment of the epic space opera was bettered only by 2015’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the first movie in the saga’s sequel trilogy which took $248 million on its debut weekend and a total gross of $937 million.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi follows the events of its 2015 predecessor Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars The Force Awakens grossed over $450,000 which is approximately 90 million Naira in box office in West Africa in 2015.
- Star Wars: The last Jedi opened wide in cinemas Friday, December 15th With Special paid sneaks in select cinemas on Thursday, December 14th.
- Cinemas Showing:
- Genesis Deluxe Cinema Sites
- Silver Bird Cinema Sites
- FilmHouse Cinemas
- Ozone Cinema
- VIVA CINEMAS
- Global Cinemas
- Silverbird Cinemas
- Africa’s own Lupita Ny’ongo who is also part of the movie franchise.
Star Wars The last Jedi Synopsis
Rey develops her newly discovered abilities with the guidance of Luke Skywalker, who is unsettled by the strength of her powers. Meanwhile, the Resistance prepares to do battle with the First Order.
IMDB LINK >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527336/