Scoop

Get the Scoop on New Legal Drama Series starring Richard Mofe-Damijo, Dakore Egbuson, Eku Edewor & Denola Grey

BellaNaija.com

CEO of EbonyLife Mo Abudu has just announced there’s a new legal drama series in the works and we’re pretty excited!

The series titled Castle and Caste will be the first of its kind in Nigeria and is exclusive to Ebony Life TV. Also, the diverse line up of the cast is pretty interesting.

The series will star Richard Mofe Damijo, Dakore Egbuson, Eku Edewor, Denola Grey Ade Laoye, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Deyemi Okanlawon, Dorcas Shola Fapson, Tomike Alayande, BellaRose Okojie, Anee Icha, Amabda Dara, Diipo Adeusi, Mawuli Gavor, Nedu Nwigwe and a whole lot more!

So think Boston Legal or Suits

See photos from the set below:

Will you watch?

Photo Credit: #CastleandCastle

1. maygurl

January 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm

This looks like some serious business…I will surely watch this one ooooo.

2. Mondela

January 10, 2018 at 12:41 pm

The acting profession is becoming a joke in nigeria these days lol…everybody want to act. And is it just me, anything ebonylife Tv does always lacks originality.

• Sheneneh Devonte

January 10, 2018 at 1:11 pm

Lol from Dere (Cinderella} to Desperate Housewives Africa to half their shows seeming like someone got a copier to photocopy foreign shows and then this one with the whole think ‘Suits’ or ‘Boston Legal’ you’re right. Almost as if they don’t want to tell stories original to Africa.

• Abk

January 10, 2018 at 3:29 pm

It’s not just you. Anything that Ebony Life and Mo Abudu does lacks originality. The odd thing is, she kills it even more with unnecessary hype.

• Mrs chidukane

January 10, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Dere was quite good. I enjoyed it very much. I actually miss the desperate housewives Africa. It was better then I expected. I also loved Before 30. I don’t know what Aunty Mo did to you people. EL has pretty good programs. And there are tons of Legal shows on foreign TV. Does it mean they’re copying each other?

3. Bills in grace

January 10, 2018 at 12:59 pm

Yeah you are right….it looks like ebony tv goes after the good looking people instead of using talenting people who I believe would give better acting than someone like Denola grey

4. A.D.A.

January 10, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Will Denalo be acting or posing, biko?

• Lailatu

January 10, 2018 at 2:03 pm

@ A.D.A, my thoughts exactly. Lol

5. IQ

January 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Does Aunty Mo Abudu conduct actual auditions or just gets a few veterans and then assembles the cool kids of social media and shout “ACTION!” expecting them to translate their coolness into acting prowess?

I will surely be watching, if for nothing else, I love Law.

6. olajumoke

January 10, 2018 at 1:16 pm

A.D.A .. you are savage! LOooolll.. Posing na ni…

7. o

January 10, 2018 at 1:19 pm

So far not been impressed with their productions. I heard Sons of the caliphate was good but by then I have given up on ELTV. I’ll watch this, hopefully this will be better. But casting directors need to do better. There’s a huge difference btw being an actor and a social media personality. A lot of them just go for the fine popular faces with an accent. That needs to stop.

• Derin87

January 10, 2018 at 3:29 pm

I’m currently recording sons of caliphate on DSTV. It’s not on frequently, but Ive watched a few episodes and it’s a good show. I still don’t know how the lead actress got the role cause her acting is wack

• Susan

January 10, 2018 at 3:35 pm

What do you expect? You cannot compare a Kunle Afolayan production, an Emem Isong production, a Tunde Kelani production, or a Shirley Frimpong-Manso production with Mo Abudu/Ebony Life TV production. Mo Abudu lacks originality, she knows little or nothing about marketing or advertising, production, or how to cast the right actors, etc, her story line = zero. It’s not by making noise on social media.

• Abi

January 10, 2018 at 9:32 pm

Before 40 was awesome to me.

• Temi

January 11, 2018 at 3:02 am

Susan not sounds suspiciously like Shirley Frimpong Manso or a friend of hers. If someone is listing good Nollywood filmmakers, her name would not be on anyone’s mind because she is not Nigerian. And yes you can compare Madame Obudu productions with Frimpong Manso’s, Kunle Afolayan and Emem Isong. They are all just as bad. Bright lights, expensive camera, draconian contracts, bad scripts. And Lala Akindoju. ?

• Morolake

January 11, 2018 at 12:33 pm

I thank God for Sons of the Caliphate. Thats the only original tv series ELTV has that makes some sense. I’m not sure about the lead actress acting sha. (even though i hear she is quite popular in Kannywood). All the other casts are quite good.

• Susan

January 11, 2018 at 4:50 pm

Temi,
      How stupid are you? So I must be a friend of Shirley Frimpong-Manso to admire her work? Maybe I am also a friend of Kunle Afolayan, Tunde Kelani and Emem Isong? Please invest in a brain. I am Nigerian! And I watch any movie from the African continent and beyond as long as the production is good and I’ve seen many of her movies. You’re so empty, it’s ridiculous. If the names of Nigerian producers can come to Ghanaian’s minds and the minds of other Africans; why can’t that be the same for her? Such a daft comment. She came to my mind because she not only works with Nigerians, I watch many of her movies; not just Nigerian movies. I hope this comment helps your brain a bit.

• Temi

January 12, 2018 at 10:52 am

Wooooo Susan is shook. You know what they say, only the guilty are afraid. I hope your comment helps your brain because when you read it back, you get that you really sound like someone in Shirley’s camp now even more. So congratulations ? for outing yourself. Maybe you are a friend of Emem, Melanie or Afolayan. Maybe. But I repeat Frimpong Manso name drop gave your game away. Did Shirley’s film get kicked out because Mo Abudu had one coming out per chance? Ooooops! You green with envy? You mad? Or just downright crazy?

• Susan

January 14, 2018 at 9:06 pm

I am afraid?! ?? you have clearly lost your head. The guilty are afraid? I left a comment complimenting movies directed and produced by Kunle A, Emen I, Tunde K and Shirley and your foolish response was that I must know Shirley, so must I know the others too? Shirley’s name gave me away? ? Smh, you’re such a cretin; it’s sad. I repeat, I am not from Ghana. I don’t have to be from a country to support or like what the person does; do you have a brain? Also, this same Shirley has won countless number of awards, one AMVCA awards show I watched (first time I heard of her), her movie won over 4 awards and that’s when I started watching her movies. I don’t have to know someone to admire their work or support them. If you’re too dense to understand this; I’m sorry I cannot help you ?

• Temi

January 20, 2018 at 6:55 pm

Shirley, calm down! The lady doth protest tooooooo much. Yep, only the guilty are afraid. If there was no truth in what I said, you won’t be this on the edge! The more you talk, the clearer it is that you are panicking. Don’t worry, Bella did not out you. I guessed. Clearly it was a lucky guess. LMBAO.

8. Yahoo

January 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I thought Dakore relocated to the states to enter Hollywood. Wetin happen?

• Bola

January 10, 2018 at 8:48 pm

I guess she told you she relocated there “to enter Hollywood”? Why do people talk so much ??

• Temi

January 11, 2018 at 2:57 am

Because she is now in ‘Hollywood’, Nollywood wants to cast her. Basically.

9. Confuzzled

January 10, 2018 at 4:00 pm

I have low hopes for this.

10. Addy

January 10, 2018 at 4:34 pm

I pray they dont end up acting the Nigerian version of suits with a twist oh! its well.

11. Truth

January 10, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Guys Comeon! Sons of The Caliphate is Great!!!! The Governor is good too. Give them a chance!!!

• Ottawa Queen

January 10, 2018 at 6:43 pm

I enjoyed these tv shows too…I love her movies. Dunno why people always have something negative to say anytime Mo Abudu’s name comes up!

• Mrs chidukane

January 10, 2018 at 10:05 pm

As in eh! I guess they just dislike her. Maybe they are her frenemies in real life cos I don’t get it. Her shows are OK and I especially love how beautiful the homes she uses as location are.

• Temi

January 11, 2018 at 2:57 am

@Ottawa Queen, you reap what you sow.

12. Chu

January 12, 2018 at 4:42 pm

I would love to watch this, haters be hating in the name of criticizing, they are just jealous of how the woman keeps forging ahead.
    They might not have gotten there but they will get better with practice.

• Bolaji

January 12, 2018 at 8:12 pm

No they hate how she exploits people. But you keep applauding it! You are probably of the same breed.J.O.K.E,R. I bet you are probably one of those screaming that Trump called Africa shithole. But when we place such little value on ourselves, how and why would we expect anyone else to value us!????????????????!

13. Bolaji

January 12, 2018 at 8:13 pm

No they hate how she exploits people. But you keep applauding it! You are probably of the same breed.J.O.K.E,R. I bet you are probably one of those screaming at what Trump called Africa . But when we place such little value on ourselves, how and why would we expect anyone else to value us!????????????????!