Weddings

BellaNaija Weddings presents Murewa and Ayo’s Elegant Wedding #MATieTheKnot | 2706 Events

BellaNaija Weddings

Murewa founder of newly launched Bridesmaids ready to wear line Ibi Ava  and her sweetheart Ayo tied the knot on the 26th of December 2017. The beautiful couple met at a mutual friend’s house years ago and started dating on the 24th of September, 2016.  Ayo popped the question to his bride on the 17th of April, 2017  in an intimate and sweet way. Look out for the lovely proposal story.

Having a sister who is a wedding planner is a dream for most brides as one thing is sure.. all your fairytale ideas would come through. This was the perfect case of Murewa who’s sister Deola, is the uber-talented founder of 2706 Events, a foremost Nigerian Events planning company.

As expected, the decor was heavenly and we spotted lots of yummy looking treats. Murewa looked amazing in her white wedding dress and her shimmering reception dress. Her bridesmaid looked gorgeous in her newly created ready to wear line Ibi Ava. the groom looked dapper in his suit by Kimono Kollection.

We love the colour, vibrancy and all round sophistication of #MATieTheKnot.

Here’s the proposal story told by the bride.

BellaNaija Weddings wishes the couple a lifetime of peace, love, happiness and joy together.

The Proposal
By the Bride, Murewa

The proposal was sweet, intimate and a complete surprise. I thought I was going to his family’s traditional Easter breakfast. I got to the hotel early in the morning to meet with them. I walked in and saw Ayo at the table alone. He explained everyone’s absence and gave reasons why they were unavailable.

After breakfast, I was ready to head out to get ready for a wedding we were both attending later in the day. Ayo offered that I get dressed in his room at the hotel. I obliged without having a clue what he had planned. So, I went up the elevator with him gisting away.

When we got to the room door, I noticed it was slightly ajar but did not think much of it until I opened the door and saw tea lights on the floor. I turned around in fear thinking we were in the wrong room and immediately saw Ayo on one knee asking me to spend forever with him to which I replied an emphatic yes!

Pre-Wedding

Lights and Special Effects @ibiyemiabayomi @innovatemedia1
Trad Venue @redcarpethall
Photo Booth @photogenic_photobooth
Mc @comedianxtreme
Dj  @dj_jaynext
Band @faithmusicband
Cocktails @barcodecocktails @daintycocktails @eventicocktails @smigzmobilebar @spronks_official
Desserts @sweetcravingsdesserts @heladodeliciadesserts @perfectcakespastries @minipancakestation @hansandrene
Grills @buffalowingsngrills @bmfoodie @lalasgrill @philbankitchen
Smallchops @12baskets @quicktasteng @cuisine_fantastique

1. fabulous

January 5, 2018 at 10:28 am

Beautiful Couple
    Money well Spent
    All round fairytale
    Congratulations

• Fizzy

January 6, 2018 at 2:44 am

Yes, yes and yes but is this groom old enough to be doing this? Groom looking like an 18 year old Jambite. HML

2. Las

January 5, 2018 at 11:19 am

Very classy. Congratulations!

3. Zazi

January 5, 2018 at 12:41 pm

Wow what a classy affair! Can’t get over how amazing the food and drinks look. Had I been a guest, I would have been permanently parked by the food and refreshments LOL!

• Mister

January 10, 2018 at 10:13 am

You’d have been parked everywhere…the food was literally everywhereeeee lol!

4. Disguised

January 5, 2018 at 1:09 pm

This is alllll shades of BEAUTIFUl. Well planned. Beautiful bride, handsome groom.

They look sooo in love, so cute…..lovely

This is how wedding should be and how couples should look like. Lol

May the Good God keep you and bless your home ?

5. Maureen

January 5, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Very classy indeed

6. deel

January 5, 2018 at 7:39 pm

Congratulations to the couple. Lovely wedding. Am I the only one that is beginning to feel like almost all nigerian weddings now look the same. I foresee a new dawn coming in the near future. Maybe smaller, more quiet weddings 🙂 …just thinking aloud.

7. omomo

January 5, 2018 at 7:57 pm

classy ….looks well organised….HML to them…how can one who desires a classy wedding but with small budget achieve this

• oh!susanna

January 6, 2018 at 8:44 pm

I’m in the middle of planning my wedding and I think cutting down on your guestlist will reduce alot of costs. Also, use less expensive vendors who are good but not really instagram popular.

8. observer

January 5, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Lovely wedding and beautiful bride. Is it me or is the groom looking extremely young?

9. Truetalker

January 5, 2018 at 11:28 pm

Congrats to the bride and groom! Beautiful wedding. Grooms looks so underage though…

• Ololade adeojo

January 21, 2018 at 3:26 pm

Ayo!! They say you look underage!! Loool! Look at his friends common!! He just has a small stature

10. Confido

January 6, 2018 at 5:54 am

For all of you insinuating that the groom might be underage, you’re all cracking me up big time. Please be informed that the Groom is in his 30s and is blessed with anti-aging genes. If i were you, i will ask for the same anti-aging grace or just say, “cute groom” and waka pass!

Congratulations my people, i had so much fun at both your ceremonies. You are both so lucky to have each other. I’d never seen Ayo burst that many moves before…Lol..May dancing, joy, love, peace and all round prosperity never leave your beautiful home. Amen!

• observer

January 6, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Pls keep quiet jor! The guy looks young fact! Its not an insult or an insinuation. He might be in his 30s but he definitely does not look like he has even hit 20. The girl should just make sure she maintains herself or she might end up looking like his mum in a few years if she puts spreads. Pls waka pass, busy body.

• Ololade adeojo

January 21, 2018 at 3:24 pm

Lol!! Ayo is 33

11. Miss Mo

January 6, 2018 at 6:19 am

Well thought out wedding. Looks like a lot of great planning went into it.

The bride wasn’t playing with her outfits at all. Simply gorgeous.

Happy Married Life. 🙂

12. Ololade adeojo

January 21, 2018 at 3:24 pm

The groom is 33! What are you talking about ???? Please some people have good genes.

13. Team veentage