Music

Save The Date! M.I’s 4th Studio Album “Yung Denzel” is dropping May 18th

BellaNaija.com

Save The Date! M.I's 4th Studio Album is dropping on the 18th of May

Since M.I Abaga entered the Nigerian music industry with the release of his first album Talk About It, and since then, he has risen to become one of Africa’s biggest music exports especially in his top genre of Hip Hop.

Yesterday, M.I through his social media platforms confirmed a release date for his eight studio album, Yung Denzel due to be released in May, 2018.

It has been a little over four years since the release of The Chairman album in 2014 and two years since Illegal Music 3 Mixtape dropped.

But according to him, “Every project for me is a piece of my life…I will never rush music because I respect my fan base too much”.

Watch the video below:

I promise this time #yxngdxnzl

A post shared by mi_abaga (@mi_abaga) on

1. Max

February 8, 2018 at 2:22 pm

AFRICA’S NUMBER ONE RAPPER ! NO CONTEST ,NO TESTING

• A Real Nigerian

February 8, 2018 at 2:42 pm

You must be a stupid person LMAO.

2. A Real Nigerian

February 8, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Save the date for what? MI is trash and the fact that he is celebrated in the Nigerian music scene is a testament to our poor tastes and love of mediocrity.

This man never sings about anything important yet claims to be a deep, thoughtful, influential “artist” who is different. He doesnt speak about the ills of society, doesn’t even have a story to tell in his songs because he leads an uneventful life and is not smart enough to put together a legitimate work of fiction.
    His lyrics are nothing but a mumbled mess of lifeless rhymes and two-bit wordplay that anyone with half a brain could put together. You are not different, MI, you are just another generic, awful musician riding on the luck of his barely decent debut album. You only manage to draw a dime because we Nigerians love to put mediocrity on a pedestal. But your judgment day is coming as I am on a personal mission to expose you for the talentless fraud that you are.
    A day is coming when Nigerians will realise that this pathetic excuse for a “rapper” is just an unoriginal conman without a drop of talent running through his body. They will realize that he does nothing but rely on kindergarten rhymes and regurgitated lyrics.
    That day will come and I will be here ready to laugh at you.

• Knee

February 8, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Your mother is stupid Sugabelly. You better save the date and get those fat ears of yours READY to learn. Simmer down, hoe.

• Mannie

February 8, 2018 at 5:13 pm

You’ve said it all. Not only is he a mediocre lyricist, the cadence of his flow is weak at best. The only piece of work he has ever made that impressed me (at the time) was that song he did with the guy that sang ego.

As for Nigeria, please don’t hold your breath for the day that people will start calling M.I crap. These are people that also include Phyno and Olamide as amongst the Top 10 best rappers in the country (I can’t even draw up to 4 people to fill that list sef).

• A Real Nigerian

February 8, 2018 at 6:35 pm

@Mannie well said! Perfect. ??

@Knee. Hahahahaha another insecure MI boot licker who lives in denial and doesnt want to accept that Mi is a mediocre lyricist and a desperately poor artist. Don’t worry, keep on worshipping him and listening to his trash, maybe one day he will actually drop a good line in one of his horrible songs that will make you less stupid. ???

• Mawi

February 8, 2018 at 8:05 pm

ARN, u have a personal grudge against MI. I have noticed u attack his person with such aggression many times a post on him comes up. What did he ever do to u? There are so so so many lame artists in Nigeria, why are u picking on him?
      No matter how much u hate him, it won’t affect a strand of hair on his body. It won’t make him lose fans. It won’t make him disappear! I’m not much of a fan of his, but ur blatant hatred makes no damn sense. By the way, I do agree that many of his songs lack depth, but how is it that my concern? U on the other hand, carry matter for head like gala. Please tell us how he offended u o. This hatred has nothing to do with his music, afterall u can always avoid his songs.

• Mamamia

February 8, 2018 at 8:06 pm

You need Jesus!!! Did you listen to MI2? Yes he may have deviated a bit butMI is a fantastic rapper. Before I even go any further what rapper both home and abroad will you consider good now a days? Once you drop a name we can then talk.

3. Yinmu

February 8, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Music is personal. What you see in someone may not be seen by another. Our interpretation of what is musically great can not always be same. God help you in your expose….

• A Real Nigerian

February 8, 2018 at 6:38 pm

There is nothing to see in MI besides his obvious lameness and blatant mediocrity.
      That said, anybody who thinks MI qualifies as *musically great” is an idiot.

4. Ottawa Queen

February 8, 2018 at 4:51 pm

4th or 8th album, which is it? BN!

Michael Olorunsola

February 8, 2018 at 5:19 pm

4th studio album. The Illegal Music series were mixtapes…

5. omomo

February 8, 2018 at 9:08 pm

N6 is that you

6. Confuzzled

February 8, 2018 at 10:15 pm

MI is wack. Its sad but true. Poor lyrics, elementary flow and forgettable beats. Sad. Can someone tell me what’s going on in Chocolate City these days btw?

7. Bobpke

June 1, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Yet another delay from MI Abaga.