News

Abraham, son of Lagos Lawmaker Dolapo Badru, shot dead in London

Abraham, son of Lagos Lawmaker Dolapo Badru, shot in London - BellaNaijaAbraham Badru, 26-year-old son of House of Representatives member, Dolapo Badru, was shot dead close to his family home in London, The Standard reports.

Abraham was found slumped on the pavement by the police, after they received reports of gunshots.

Abraham had received a police bravery award when he was a teenager, for saving a woman from rape.

Dolapo, speaking to the Standard, described his son as “quiet and hardworking.” He said:

A few years ago a girl was raped on the estate and Abraham fought them off. He went to court to testify against them and the police gave him an award.

His mother was said to have rushed to his side, collapsing in tears.

Abraham had worked as a coach, and had a fiancee in Nigeria.

Photo Credit: Facebook

1. That chic

March 28, 2018 at 12:32 pm

BellaNaija seriously why?? Why do you operate as a Tav station? I read this news on various Nigeria blogs and even on daily mail as far back as yesterday and you are now putting it on here.

And this is not just a one off behaviour MOST of the time, I read news elsewhere and after 2 or 3 days I see it here. You guys need to do better mehn! What’s the point in coming here when the news is so slow and I can get it faster on other websites

I don’t know if you are not aware of this, it’d be very surprising if you don’t know that you guys are always one of the last people to upload news that every other site (both in Nigeria and International) has already posted.

Please review the process through which content is uploaded because in your industry the name of the game is FRESH and FAST otherwise what’s your relevance.

Please post this comment because sometimes I take time out of my busy schedule to post a comment and you guys simply refuse to post it even when I believe it aligns with your commenting guidelines. If you don’t post this, I promise that I will NEVER EVER post any comment on your website neither will I EVER SHARE any of your articles as I used to do. Please learn to listen your customers (we the readers)

• Mimi

March 28, 2018 at 1:06 pm

I’m shocked they posted your comment as they always swallow comments.. Rest In Peace ?

• Sally

March 28, 2018 at 7:24 pm

But what’s the big deal if you’ve already read it somewhere else

• tunmi

March 28, 2018 at 8:21 pm

it actually shows commitment to a brand that you would still patronize even after consuming elsewhere. BN, please do not toy with this.

2. Miss Fine

March 28, 2018 at 3:28 pm

What a shame. Rest in peace

3. OA

March 29, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Rest in peace, very sad. May our purpose and destiny not be cut short.

To perhaps address the first poster’s concern – Someone like me typically relies on BN to get her news period and am not privy to finding it anywhere else, so for slow coaches like us, BN will be the “first” place to get the news. I don’t have the luxury of surfing the net like that so, this is usually a one-stop-shop for me. Hope that helps you understand why no matter how slow or late, it’s still news to me.

4. xqsyou

March 30, 2018 at 11:19 am

On such a sad story?!….. seriously @That chic, you could have picked another article to rant about your misgivings on the timing of the news on BN!
    I don’t know the deceased or his family, but your post is a bit insensitive in my opinion…