News

Suspected Shooter in YouTube HQ incident Identified

BellaNaija.com

Suspected Shooter in YouTube HQ incident Identified - BellaNaijaThe shooter who opened fire at the YouTube headquarters in San bruno has been identified by the police as Nasim Najafi Aghdam.

In a press statement released by the police, Aghgam was described as a 39-year-old female resident on San Diego, California.

Aghdam had opened fire in the building, shooting 3 people and then shooting herself in the head.

The 3 people, according to CNN, have been taken to the hospital, where 1 is said to be in critical condition, another in serious condition, and the last in fair condition.

A fourth man was said to have injured his ankle while escaping the building.

Police is yet to find a motive for the shooting, and there is no evidence of the shooter knowing any of the victims. However, a video of Aghdam complaining that the video platform was filtering her content to keep them from getting views have surfaced online.

Aghdam was a content creator who believed that YouTube had a vendetta against her. On her website and social media, Aghdam rails against YouTube for taking down some of her videos and for skimping on revenue driven by the traffic to her YouTube page. “There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!” Aghdam wrote.

Watch video below:

View this post on Instagram

The woman who shot several people before killing herself at the #Youtube office yesterday is #NasimAghdam. Police say the shooter opened fire with a handgun at the YouTube headquarters just before 1 p.m. Tuesday and wounded three people before fatally shooting herself. A fourth person also suffered a injury to their ankle while fleeing. Nasim was a content creator who believed that YouTube had a vendetta against her. On her website and social media, Aghdam rails against YouTube for taking down some of her videos and for skimping on revenue driven by the traffic to her YouTube page. “There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!!!” Aghdam wrote. “Youtube filtered my channels to keep them from getting views! There are so many troubled people online.

A post shared by BellaNaija (@bellanaijaonline) on

1. SoniaPaloma

April 4, 2018 at 12:58 pm

This one nor get shame oo. Imagine the nonsense she went to shoot people for?
    people with mental illness break down are increasing daily
    Sad.

• TheRealist

April 4, 2018 at 7:33 pm

@SoniaPaloma, while mental illness is a factor the biggest problem is the easy access to guns here in the US. The US is not the only country with increasing rates of mental illness, but it is the only one that averages more than one mass shooting a day (427 mass shootings in 2017).

2. Weezy

April 4, 2018 at 1:31 pm

The woman kukuma looks deranged in photos she herself took. Those photos of her posing in gaudy dresses and a camouflage jumpsuit…. The severe hairstyle and awful wigs. If this woman were my neighbor, i would take the other exit if I see her. She was a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

3. Ijebujesha

April 4, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Wow. Very pretty killer. Looks can be very deceptive.

• justsaying

April 4, 2018 at 6:33 pm

is this your definition of beauty?
      hian

• Weezy

April 4, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Please see an optician.

• Smackdown

April 5, 2018 at 3:16 am

She used to be a guy!
      Still pretty to you?

4. ImissNorman

April 4, 2018 at 2:43 pm

This story is exactly like the Indian gun man who came to my business school on a shooting spree to which I missed by 11 minutes (Thank God).

He too was an ex employee (a Muslim man of Indian origin) in the computer lab of my school and said he felt my school had a vendetta against him cos his pro iraqi saddam hussein site had been hacked and brought down and the only person who he’s convinced hacked into it was a white dude in the computer lab whom he worked with and never got along with. Chris

He took the school and white guy Chris to court twice and the case was thrown out that he has no evidence, on the second court date Monday when the case was thrown out, he came to my school on Wednesday at 3.11pm with 5 rifles. Broke through the back door of school .

It was May 9 2003. The last day of semester term. Everyone had finished their exams and left to their respective states but there were a few students lingering around campus.

I was sitting with my best friend Norman Wallace and we were getting ready to leave for the day,he was responding to emails so I took the lead, and left at 3pm to go get ready to cook jollof rice since he and a one other Friend were going to come eat at 7pm in my flat. He said go ahead, am right behind you, I just have to send this one email and besides my parking meter runs out at 3pm so i won’t take but few minutes cos i want to avoid being ticketed.

So I hugged him said by and left promptly at 3pm and drove to grocery shopping and what not got home. I got home just before 6pm, with 7 messages. The first message was at 3:06pm Norman asking me he forgot to ask me do I want him to being anything tonight, then the rest of the messages came in later between 4.20 and beyond and everyone telling me to tune in to the news and that there were cops and swat team was in my school cos there was a gun man who had held the school hostage. I was shocked and still thought definitely Norman was not there cos his parking ticket expires at 3pm so he probably left after I did and besides he left me a voicemail . I called him it went to voice mail so I minded my business and started cooking as the news channel was on. 7pm came and went no calls, but at 7.10 my first guest came and I ask him where is Norman. He said I thought he was here. I said no. Maybe he’s delayed. So as we watching the news around 7.30pm breaking news it was confirm there was a victim hit in the school but unidentified. At 8pm I started to get worried kept calling Norman’s phone. And so did my other friend. He actually left to drive to the school but obviously was not allowed all roads were blocked. At 9 o’clock news I see Norman face plastered on the TV confirmed as the victim shot. I lost it completely, several of my friends drive to me cos there were concerned they kept knocking buy I was not opening but finally I did , I had to be held down . I was so shocked I said no it’s not possible I played his voicemail again and again and again.

Apparently The gun man came in at 3:11pm on May 9 2003. He shot and killed Norman Wallace at close range. I missed it by 11 mins. Norman came from a family of 12 and he was the only one that was opportune to go to college, he was raised in a small rural town by his grandmother and extremely well mannered smart gentleman . The kindest human being you’d ever meet. We studied together. I lost it. And needed therapy for 5 months. This death pained me more than any death ever. I still cry about it after 15 yrs. May 9 2003 I’ll never forget. I missed it by few minutes. And that’s fucked with my mind for years like I could been dead and why Norman Lord why?

The gun man was arrested by SWAT in the building just before 10pm. He was jailed case taken to court and he pled insanity. My friends name was Norman Wallace. Died May 9 2003. Gone too soon.

• Mystery

April 4, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I’m so sorry about your loss… Norman is in heaven smiling with the Angels ..he misses you too

• Cocolette

April 4, 2018 at 9:00 pm

Oh My God! Take heart! And I wish Norman’s family comfort too. This is too sad.

• PD Young Billionaire

April 4, 2018 at 10:39 pm

OMG!So sad.May his soul rest in peace.

5. PD Young Billionaire

April 4, 2018 at 10:42 pm

The youtube shooter looks weird.