Sweet Spot

“She gave me fish and taught me how to fish” – Laura Ikeji Kanu appreciates sister Linda

BellaNaija.com

"She gave me fish and taught me how to fish" - Laura Ikeji Kanu appreciates sister Linda | BellaNaijaFashion entrepreneur Laura Ikeji Kanu has only praises for her sister, the blogging and media juggernaut Linda Ikeji.

In an Instagram post, Laura shared just how much her sister her assisted her in life.

“The Ikejis are financially strong individually because Linda decided to be Amazing Linda,” she wrote.

This is my sister, her name is Linda, Linda is rich , not just money rich, she’s rich in wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Linda made sure everybody in the family is rich. She didn’t only give us some ridiculous some of amount sometimes, she gave us knowledge, she made sure that when she withdraws our monthly allowances we could stand on our own. I haven’t received any money from her in while, it was a choice because if I needed money all I needed to do was ask, but fortunately I learnt well from her and I’m not doing badly at all. She gave me fish and taught me how to fish. I took the Knowlege n I’m doing some amazing things with it #INCOMPLETE. Linda didn’t have to, she doesn’t owe us anything but she did. The Ikejis ‘re finacially strong individually because Linda decided to be Amazing Linda. #mysisterrocks#mondaymotivation #lindaismysister#iamgrateful

Photo Credit: lauraikeji

1. Nakoms

May 8, 2018 at 6:27 am

God bless your family. Your sister is a true hero for bettering the lot of your family. She set her goal and lived life unapologetically., even when she wasn’t part of the in crowd. Now the world calls her a media mogul

2. Christie

May 8, 2018 at 6:54 am

It interest me to read your post. How sweet to share the love a sister can give. I want to ask you; can you replicate same in the life of other people that many not be your sisters? So many desire to be tought how to fish.

3. Oma

May 8, 2018 at 8:11 am

Linda clearly has an amazing soul because it’s not money that makes us generous, it’s the soul. Some may say she can afford to give but we know many who would rather throw away than share. Kudos to her …it’s an admirable trait and only God’s grace blesses us with the gift of a generous soul. However, while reading the post ….hmmmm…. . the errors in the grammar worries me a bit… they are too many. I had to use my wisdom to understand …Haba… let’s try a little bit more. I know social media is a wrecking ball when it comes to the English language but we can still make an effort to minimise it’s influence by simply cross checking what we type. I worry that soon, these many written errors will enter the spoken sphere… make we try biko

• Bia

May 8, 2018 at 9:51 am

Igbo language going extinct should worry you not another man’s language.

Talk about mental slavery.

I wonder if developed countries like Germany and other European and Asian countries worry this much about English language.

It is only in Black Countries you will see this nonsense.

Tueh!!!

• Nakoms

May 8, 2018 at 11:01 am

@BIA. E sir/ma, please can I be your friend?

4. Puzzles

May 8, 2018 at 11:14 am

Linda is a good person. Some people like to give handouts to their family members. They want them to come and beg them for money again and again. Not Linda. She opened the way for her siblings. Better person

5. Oma

May 8, 2018 at 11:54 am

@bia, you could have stated your opinion without deciding I am mentally enslaved and adding the
    ……at the end. My kids…all teens by the way, speak igbo fluently as that’s how we communicate …I refused to allow anyone try the English thing in my house …lol. . But I am also of the opinion that whatever language we communicate with, we should make an effort to do it well. It’s not mental slavery to want to do something right. And anyway, the language part has nothing to do with the post. I just noted it and used the opportunity to state my observation of a trend. Just as you have stated yours …with some insult attached.

• Bia

May 8, 2018 at 1:25 pm

I bet you can’t write all this in Igbo

6. Baybie

May 8, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Great job Linda and you are so lucky to have a family that appreciates you. There are so many ‘siblings’ out there who would NEVER recognize all you do for them, instead they will become entitled brats. Keep it up Ikeji family and please protect your privacy MORE, avoid monitoring spirits wahala. If you know you know. Lol

7. xqsyou

May 8, 2018 at 5:07 pm

@Bia, can you please take your L with dignity and find several seats to sit please. The least you could have done was to offer an apology for your unfounded rudeness and misinterpretation of @Oma’s message. Better to have been silent than the lame response you gave.
    I know of people who organize Saturday Yoruba language and history lessons in the diaspora for children and adults in an effort to preserve the language and culture in our youth. I wonder what you have done with this apparent “zeal and passion” you express for your language and culture in your own sphere of influence, other than bullying other people online?