Scoop

Black Night on Instagram as Celebrities commiserate with D’Banj & wife Lineo over Son’s Passing

BellaNaija.com

Black Night on Instagram as Celebrities commiserate with D'Banj & wife Lineo | BellaNaijaIt’s a black night on Instagram after news arrived that singer D’Banj and his wife Lineo have lost their 1-year-old son, Daniel Oyebanji III.

News had broken earlier in the evening that the singer had lost his son in a drowning incident in their home in Ikoyi.

Celebrities have started commiserating with the family, following in D’Banj’s footsteps and sharing black photos with well wishes.

Tonto Dikeh, Banky W, Adesua Etomi, Do2dtun – they all have prayers for the family.

See their posts below:

View this post on Instagram

One of the longest days of my life 💔

A post shared by Do2dtun ® (@do2dtun) on

View this post on Instagram

😢😢😢🙏🙏🙏

A post shared by TOYIN ABRAHAM🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊🕊 (@toyin_abraham) on

1. Ms B

June 24, 2018 at 11:49 pm

Painful. May God continue to uphold the family. I’m ??

2. Ine

June 24, 2018 at 11:55 pm

Parents worst nightmare. May God heal their hearts. RIP little angel

3. Onyinyechukwu

June 24, 2018 at 11:59 pm

I am petrified .. ?

4. lilo

June 25, 2018 at 12:20 am

Wow. May God give them beauty for ashes.

5. Cocobutter

June 25, 2018 at 12:20 am

God please console D’banj, his wife and their families at this hard time. Bless them with the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss!! God bless D’banj and his Wife, Amen!!

6. Condolences

June 25, 2018 at 12:21 am

Heart breaking. Rest on lil one! Basic CPR should be encouraged by everyone. Cannot be overemphasized ???

7. Ariere

June 25, 2018 at 12:28 am

This is heart breakIng. I can’t even imagine the guilt the parents will be going through right now… Pls parents, enroll your kids in swimming classes as early as 6 months. Let them learn how to float and swim. Swimming is a survival skill.

RIP to the baby… ??

8. Papacy

June 25, 2018 at 12:32 am

Sad. Just sad.

9. Shannaro

June 25, 2018 at 12:38 am

Dban’j is a household name everyone will be feeling this one way or the other. God, family and friends please hold them especially Mum who seems young keep them sane. You will get through this. Daniel we are sorry please rest in perfect peace purest one you will meet again amen

• Anonymous

June 25, 2018 at 7:59 am

Dbanj is a household name…..smh, but the over 100 souls lost in plateau state massacre yesterday is not worth mourning abi?

• Dust

June 25, 2018 at 9:14 am

have you heard any of the “elite citizens” from benue or any ethnic nation in benue speak out against the killings in benue..

the killings have been happening long before you were born… thousands have been killed in benue and the middle belt do you hear their OWN past and present politicians speak out?

• Shannaro

June 25, 2018 at 9:34 am

BN we cn’t swear a little around here where is my initial response?? Anon you wn’t drag me in the gutter this monday read what you want in my statement and go play your little game somewhere else

10. THE MUMMY

June 25, 2018 at 12:44 am

Ah Hah! They prefer to sympathize with people than CELEBRATE! A horrible nation.

• Cocoa

June 25, 2018 at 7:11 am

For a MUMMY…you shouldnt be this immature.

11. Mommypharma

June 25, 2018 at 12:57 am

This is heartbreaking

Mommypharma.wordpress.com

12. Anonymous

June 25, 2018 at 5:57 am

Only Juliet Ibrahim remembered the #plateau incidence that claimed the lives of over 100 pple…what a terrible nation. No outrage from our pple and even so called celebrities, but we are all eager to post rip to banga Lee’s family. Are we saying the lives of those innocent pple in Jos don’t matter? Or is it because they are poor? The news is not even on this platform. I will continue saying it…nigerians are bloody hypocrites!!! Rip to the dead. May God Almighty console the bereaved.

• Anon

June 25, 2018 at 8:11 am

Shior anonymous you rant Nigerians are hypocrite yet you voted PMB who is silent in all these killings?

• Uberhaute Looks

June 25, 2018 at 8:20 am

This is for Dbanj and his family. No life is greater than another. Please don’t derail the post. Commiserate with them and keep it moving instead of all these over talk up there!

• Shannaro

June 25, 2018 at 9:15 am

Talking sense thank you.

• Marvel

June 25, 2018 at 4:17 pm

You come across as rather forceful and irritating! Death is painful so it is idiotic to suggest that because people rightfully sympathise with the parents of a toddler on an appropriate page, you throw compare-and-contrast levels of sympathy at people. Who I choose to share my emotions with is my business. Stop telling people when to father a child, when to get married, when to cry and who to cry over. Shut your bullysome ways.

I am a mother and was neurotic over the care of my babies as they come because I feared for this type of incident. I am saddened for the parents and when I read about the Jos tragedy, I will react appropriately. I don’t require any prompts or permission from the likes of you.

Some celebrities let you in on personal aspects of their lives more than family members. It therefore becomes difficult to draw the line or/and not feel somewhat attached when stuff ike this happens. Did you watch any documentaries on the unusual and very public manner the conservative Briish public mourned the late Princess Diana? Give up on the draconian pattern. It is tiresome.

13. Somborri

June 25, 2018 at 7:26 am

So so sorry!!! ???

14. Mamamia

June 25, 2018 at 9:35 am

I was going to say this but chose not to take away from this painful incident. But really, Naija more than 85 persons lost their lives in your country and there is no outrage no ourpour of love no statement nothing! But, it happens in America, France and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Our country reeks of a lot of fakes most times we want to be a part of something a movement whatever we choose to call it and genuinely have no ounce of compassion for one another. like you mentioned BN, they def do this for the gram. I am hurt and sorry I sound this harsh but I choose not to filter my feelings today. I however do sympathize with you D’Banj and the people of Plateau state God will do abundantly more than what he says he would do. ❤️

• Mrs chidukane

June 25, 2018 at 10:02 am

Yesterday was a Sunday. People get news differently. I only got to know about what happened in Benue this morning when I saw someone write #prayforbenue on his WhatsApp. This Benue issue, churches have organized protests, prayer meetings, people have talked,I personally have been praying. That people have not posted about the recent killings on their social media, doesn’t mean their hearts don’t go out to the families and people of Benue state. Frankly, we have talked about this enough. Government seems to not want to do anything concrete and so its like people are tired of talking and are now helpless. I believe many of the celebrities posting about this dbanj tragedy would rather just call him,I know I would, but if they call and visit without posting, you guys would be the ones to call them out and say all sorts.

• Shannaro

June 25, 2018 at 10:16 am

Can you people pick the correct channels and timing to throw around these your hot takes why here on this specific post?? Where you know very well that the parents and family of this one child that happened to die around the same time of another major incident in the country might scroll through to find comfort?? Stop pitching deaths against one another and go comment on the concerned celebs’ pages if you want to take issue with them free this space for genuine empathy towards the grieving artist alone please! If anything think of the parents stumbling on this and have pity just yesterday Dbanj himself was online to communicate the passing how do you want him to feel reading posts like yours

• Anonymous

June 25, 2018 at 5:45 pm

STFU @shannaro… the right you have to comment is the same right others have to comment. No one is down playing the death of the said child, but we should also be concerned for our fellow citizens who were slaughtered like chickens. I choose to talk about both tragedies and not focus on one just because it concerns a celebrity. It is this attitude that has made these killings seem normal. Go suck a lemon.

• Anonymous

June 25, 2018 at 5:51 pm

“Free this space for genuine empathy towards a grieving artist” and there must be a perfect timing to throw around hot takes…..im not surprised @sharanno. Evil definitely dwells with you. So you have special empathy for a particular kind of death and do not have empathy for another kind of death. I pity the pple who reside with your type. May God forgive you and rid you of the bitterness that has enveloped you.

• Beebee

June 25, 2018 at 6:16 pm

It is you God should forgive cos I don’t know what is your problem.If you have a beef with Dbanj,go and sort it out!! Rest on lil boy.

• Shannaro

June 25, 2018 at 7:25 pm

And so you conveniently ignored BN’s various posts about the Plateau’s murderous cleansing and decided the absolute best place to exercise your right and voice your “concern” was this particular section about the drowning of somebody’s one year old yeah. Forming woke citizens anyhow anywhere on the internet abeg this isn’t about me so twists things however you want and give your trollish back the pats its thirsting for for being more outraged and empathic than the 195 million of us my friend since reckless posting is the way to show so. I told you early this morning that I’m not getting dragged into waste on here of all spaces.

Condoleances once again to those grieving Daniel and my apologies for being off topic.