Relationships

She Shot Her Shot and got the Man of her Dreams! Maureen and Kennedy’s Love story + Pre-Wedding #Make18

BellaNaija Weddings

Maureen and Kennedy‘s love story is one filled with lots of sweet moments. Kennedy is a pilot and Maureen runs a personal blog called Diary of A Pilot Wife. So cool! From the first message the bride-to-be sent to her groom-to-be to their lovely proposal moment, there were lots of aww moments! You will enjoy the couples love story. with us.

Counting down to #Make18!

How We Met
By The Groom, Kennedy

August 2nd, 2016, Instagram Launched “Insta Story”. My First InstaStory was August 5th, 2016, 11:58 am.

I got a message from Maureen and the conversation went like this:

Maureen: Pilot ?

Kennedy: Fine girl??

Maureen: Lol, Fine Boy

Kennedy: You got me, now I am interested in knowing this fine girl.

Maureen: Maureen from Anambra, I school and live in Portharcourt.

Kennedy: Oh yeah, I am from Anambra too…

That’s where it all began.

She shot her shot!

We started talking basically every day and she became a best friend to me. I enjoyed every bit of our friendship even though we hadn’t met.

We finally met on 8th September 2016 at Portharcourt Airport and I gave her two boxes of chocolates I got her from Madrid, Spain. I got back to Lagos and sent a text message saying “I hope every bite of this chocolate plants in your heart the love I have for you”.

I was so in love with her. We started dating officially that very day. ? ?

It took a while for me to understand some of the things that she used to do, like call me over ten times a day. It felt like disturbance at a point but I grew to understand that it is a process of love. I have never regretted my decision to enter into a relationship with her. She is my right-hand man.

Whenever I travel, the moment I get to my destination, I switch my phone ON and her call comes in. This happened repeatedly. Being with her is the best feeling ever, knowing that somewhere far away I am someone’s source of happiness. I live for you, I always tell her. She has managed my imperfections thus far and groomed me to be a better man.

Our Proposal Story
By The Bride, Maureen

Kennedy and I had been dating since 8th September 2016 and it was the most amazing feeling ever. I was completely in love with him. I was in Lagos on the 10th of Dec 2017 for his birthday and I noticed that he started to refer to me mainly as wifey and not babe anymore. Of course, I loved it.

We had a great time on his birthday and our relationship continued to wax stronger and stronger. On the 14th of January 2018 which was my birthday, he asked me to spend forever with him and I was so excited! Of course, I said yes!

I am excited to be marrying God’s will and not just who I love and I look forward to forever, together.

Credits
Bride: @reenharold  @diary_of_a_pilot_wife
Groom: @onyeisinkuka
Planner@purpledazzleevents
Photography@dteestudios
Makeup@flawlessfacesbyjane
Hair@hairbytonye

1. Mee

June 14, 2018 at 7:31 am

Woow.
    They look so good together and young too.
    Wishing you the best of forever..

The guy’s instagram handle shaa no be here oh…Onye isi nkuka ??.

I am off to shoot my shot abeg. The year has halved.

• bunmi

June 22, 2018 at 7:52 pm

as you are shoting make sure its for the,right reasons because we dont want to hear that men are bad again. Because the last time i checked nah man dey shot ohh

2. Andrea

June 14, 2018 at 8:24 am

I love LOOOVEEE

3. Chizon

June 14, 2018 at 8:42 am

The year has halved nwanne. No time to waste??☺

4. Chichi

June 14, 2018 at 9:36 am

Some girls are lucky..I have slide into two guys dm and it turned out a disaster…I call twice in a day, I am called a stalker or obsessive..I love her story but nwanne she is very lucky she did that to the right guy, someone that did not see 10 missed calls and run…wish you guys the very best marriage..:)

5. CrazyWorld

June 14, 2018 at 10:12 am

If she wants to fill her twitter bio, she will say she’s a blogger first (side eyes at Chimamanda) but look at her blog name

6. lovezoeyy

June 14, 2018 at 1:34 pm

lol. She is lucky it worked out for her. I could feel the love from the pictures. I had like a stupid grin on my face while I was reading this. I think some people are lucky when it comes to finding love. I am starting to believe I am one of the unlucky ones but I believe I would be ok either way. Congratulations to the lovely couple.

7. Jill

June 14, 2018 at 2:03 pm

SHE who FINDS a Husband ?……? finds a good thing

8. John

June 14, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Normal me would have pointed out some things wrong but there is something innocent about their naiveness that tells me it will all work out for them in the end.

And they are igbo from the same state…Anambra..
    I know them very well..they are a different breed of igbos
    Once they are married , You won’t hear any pim from them even if they divorce you won’t still hear pim on when or how or why (as far as you not closely related to them).

Case closed