News

Reverend Funke Adejumo has been Trending For Weeks & Here’s Why

BellaNaija.com

Reverend Funke Felix-Adejumo has been trending for weeks with videos and photos of her all over social media.

Comedian Wale Gates has been sharing videos of the pastor asking for donations from congregations in different churches. See a few of them below:

Daddy Freeze, too, on his Instagram, shared several videos of the pastor asking that churchgoers donate.

A Change.org campaign has also been launched seeking 5000 signatures for a petition banning the pastor from entering the UK.

The petition is titled: “Ban Funke Felix Adejumo from coming to the UK to defraud the people and the country.”

It currently has 4277 signatures.

In support of the pastor, a new hashtag, #IStandWithFunkeAdejumo, was launched on Instagram, with fans of the pastor sharing just how much impact she’s had in their lives.

View this post on Instagram

The number of times you have blessed my life is uncountable. You taught me the importance of honouring my husband and praying passionately for my children , even unborn.. . . Your charity works in the lives of the less privileged is unparalleled. People don’t see the jaw dropping things you do for people, spurred by genuine love.. How you’ve poured out your life as a libation. People deliberately and ignorantly choose to over look your love and passion for God and kingdom advancement but choose to speak against what they don’t understand. I am proud to call you MOTHER because you are a phenomenal woman. I love you deeply. Your fearlessness , your humour , your passion , your boldness.. You are beautiful inside out ❤️ Keep soaring high and changing the world ma’am.. God is seeing it all.. . . There’ll always be naysayers , it only points to the truth that you’re doing something right. #istandwithfunkeadejumo #FunkeAdejumoIsAPhenomenalWoman #FunkeAdejumoIssaWorldChanger

A post shared by Mmesoma G.A Nsofor (@mesoma.nsofor) on

View this post on Instagram

Mercy Richman ministries is starting a move today with my team against petition toward @ffadejumo Only blind can denied the prove of what God is using mama funke for in this generation People will only talk about seed But I will talk about the work this ministry has help out Widow Abandon children Abuse woman Orphanage Hospital Scholarships Berger Aged Sponsorship Less privileged And many more Mama Funke Adejumo ministries as help many womanhood both home and abroad Taking the gospel and love of Christ to many city and by God's grace God will continue to strengthen her to do more for This generation I rise a flag to stand with mama funke Adejumo Ministries #istandwithfunkeadejumo @janearowolo @mzdebbie_ @mzmono @alexandershoes.ng @tolulope_solutions @kemiajumobi @tomilolapeters_ @zimrinlyzeecouture @prophetrichman @ddadejumo @a.king.like_ayo @mercyrichman @path_4_life @agape_pground @adrad_ @ffadejumo @efenathan @sammieokposo @spiritofsaco @apostlewales @nhn_couture @seunadetomiwaolabode @oluwatomilove @[email protected]

A post shared by olumercy (@mercyrichman) on

View this post on Instagram

A true Mother A God General A true worshipper of Jehovah My Spiritual Mother My Heroine My Role Model My Mentor Woman of virtue Woman of substance Trail blazer Our Matriarch Our Apostle You brought a revolution to womanhood in Africa. There was a season in my life you housed me when many others offered me "scriptures" When many others would rather save thier face than to reach out to me in my pains.. When many others would rather just be neutral and watched me suffer… You stood for me, you nurtured my wounds, you covered me.. You loved me…Not only me Maami…to many!!! I don't know how much scripture you know.. But I can never forget the love and care you showed me. I've followed the principles you teach and it has saved my life in many ways.. I just want you to know I'm a life that is changed because you said yes to God! Keep glowing for our Lord Mummy, keep soaring Mummy, keep radiating His light Mummy. I love you endlessly @ffadejumo GOD had lifted you and some people cannot just handle it…. #istandwithfunkeadejumo @bdadejumo @gbemigafadejumo @ddadejumo @tolulope_solutions @kemiajumobi @oluwakemih

A post shared by DIEKO (@officialdieko) on

1. Tink tink

July 23, 2018 at 7:21 am

Okay she seems like a nice lady, but the part that did it for me was when she said that she too will one day own a private jet. Thanks but no thanks ma’am

• kike

July 23, 2018 at 9:09 am

Whatever, i too will own at least two private jets and its not through peoples money but the favour of God she is a TRUE woman of God,until you accept jesus as your saviour stop trying to understand what christians do

• randommer

July 24, 2018 at 4:43 am

Kike, please, this is not Christianity. More like MMM

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 6:27 am

Duh Kike…:SHE plans to acquire a jet with other peole’s money. Best of luck with those jets you plan to buy, let’s know when you make the purchase so we can wash it down with some champagne. Ode!!!

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 6:37 am

P.S — Kike, you might need a refresher course on what it means to be a true Christian. As far as I know, taking advantage of those seeking comfort, and solace in the house of God does not a good Christian make. True Christians don’t fundraiser to fund their own lavish lifestyles. They make sacrifices, and give to the less fortunate. The prosperity preachers are spitting in heaven’s ground with their nonsense. Jesus himself didn’t make or collect even a fraction of what these thieves are stealing. Want to be a true Christian? Ask your neighbor what you can do to help, or find a market woman who is having a hard time selling her goods today, and give her money to compensate for the lack of sales. Want to be a true Christian? Find a child roaming about aimlessly on the street, and take responsibility for his education. This is the mark of a true Christian. Not the brainwashing buffoons who have you under their spell.

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 6:39 am

Pardon the typos.

• simsi

July 25, 2018 at 3:32 pm

This is so true. Was still saying this. How about telling people to sow the seed into someone’s life and let it be between them and God. It’s high time we let these preachers take responsibility for how they spend the money they get especially from the congregation. People will say just pay tithe, its between them and God. I refuse that. How about they explain where it goes? At this point i’d rather give the money to a small church trying to build their building or to Charity

• bae

August 12, 2018 at 4:30 am

God bless u ALL ur comments are so on POINT wish i could hug u!,, sha chop e kiss mmmuuuaaahhhhhhhhh

• Lilo

July 23, 2018 at 7:54 pm

The authority In which she speaks has some uncanny resemblance to witchcraft. That’s all I am going to say on this madam.

• Wendy

July 24, 2018 at 3:58 pm

@Lilo, Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you my dear! Hmmn… #Akurepeopleknow

• Aisha IBRAHIM

August 8, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Gbao!!!!! Exactly what my husband said!

• Ada

July 27, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Mrs Adejumo’s messages have blessed me so much. I cannot lie o. Now I am a secured, independent woman who believes that God deposited so much in me including being a good wife and mother but not only that. I don’t wallow in the curse of Eve. I honor my husband but he is not my God, that liberated me.

Regarding seed sowing. Abraham sowed yo Melchizedek and without contradiction, the lesser is blessed of the greater. You can sow your money, time etc as the Spirit of God leads. Eg You can give your friend who just bought a brand new car money for gas though you don’t have a car you can call yours, you can choose to mind other people’s children whilst waiting. Seed time and harvest is law.

• Kudos

August 2, 2018 at 6:28 pm

70% truth plus 30% lie is equal to BIG LIE!. Yes she has some nice messages, to cajole you into emptying your pocket book. Thats how scammers operate. It is a method that works everytime! They rarely teach about JESUS himself. They manipulate you- talking about husband bla- bla. Let me tell you, if you respect your husband and disrespect God, you are in opposition to Christ. Some of you, your husbands tell you to stop listening to Funke Adajumo, but you will disobey him. Sometimes, against your husbands consent, you steal money from him to donate to Funke and you say you respect your husbands! LIARS. I know women who take money from their joint accounts with their husbands to give to pastors when the husband is not in agreement with it. You can give $1000 to Funke, yet you cannot give $100 to your parents or even $20 to a poor person-

2. Dust

July 23, 2018 at 7:43 am

pastors and other religious folks need to understand that the more people get enlightened and educated the more they question and solve things…
    They need to start building businesses, stop asking for donations and start doing more for their communities or else the anti-christian brigade will cause chaos that won’t only affect Christians….

The weird thing is its people who were born into “Christian” homes that are the ones castigating it..

• nene

July 23, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Stop talking gibberish until you have been close enough to mrs adejumo to know how she uses it. Ehhen mummy my WONDERFUL mummy, continue the work we will keep sowing into the work God is using you to do, not my business or anyone’s but the blessings

• Mz Socially Awkward....

July 23, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Side eyes at you and your single avatar with multiple personalities. I see your one-woman army is out in full fervor.

• nene

July 24, 2018 at 1:06 am

Why does my one army sting you? Lols are you already feeling defeated? My people will not comment cos there are way more important things to do like CHANGING DIAPERS lols yawns.

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 6:40 am

Mummy my mummy, are you an orphan? Come on get outta here with that crap

3. Bisola

July 23, 2018 at 8:04 am

This is unfair to the woman and her ministry. I have heard her preach and attended her programme and she didn’t ask for a dime.

In fact she was begging for medical practitioners volunteers in the Medical profession for an hospital she and her husband were building in one remote village in Osun state. So remote I have never heard of the place.lol. it was all philanthropy.

She does amazing work for women, building their confidence, ensuring they don’t become liabilities to her husband. She said your sister in law cannot put off the TV you are watching if you bought
    It or came into her brothers house with loads of your stuff .
    She also encourages petting and loving your husband’.
    If you have never heard her preach. Pls do.
    Videos yapa in youtube.
    She exudes confidence which can be a bit jarring if you don’t understand her.
    She is highly respected by this younger hip pastors who call her mama.

• Kay

July 23, 2018 at 8:32 am

LMFAOOOOOO the woman is LITERALLY asking people for money in ALL these videos. She’s even specifically telling them to give the money to her and her husband DIRECTLY and to make sure it doesn’t go in the offering basket.

How does her not asking for money when you heard her preach change the fact that she’s asking for money in all these other instances? She isn’t even saying give the money to the church. She’s saying give it to me and you will get miracles. Tufia!

• kike

July 23, 2018 at 9:12 am

Yes she did kay and so you know she uses it directly to help the poeple our government have oppressed and exploited so let our JEWEL of a mother,homebuilder,confident,inspiring woman be.

• Kay

July 23, 2018 at 11:44 am

No. She is asking for money in exchange for miracles. This country is littered with charities who don’t claim to be offering people anointing to tap into in exchange for thousands of dollars. Your reverend can come out and ask people to donate to any charity or oppressed person she likes, but that is not what she’s doing here. You must be a fraud to defend this.

• kike

July 23, 2018 at 1:01 pm

Talk till tomorrow even if the governments gets involved, until you know God you will never understand why christians sow seeds, its left to God to tell pastor adejumo what to use the money for. So you are very ignorant on this matter jorr lools

• Abi Gail

July 26, 2018 at 9:37 am

Ok like robbing Peter to pay Paul.. issokay

• Adegoke

July 23, 2018 at 9:19 am

“On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’” – Matt 7:22-23

• nene

July 23, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Hmmm i doubt this lord on judgement day is your lord and God, ,please get to know him

• Tired

July 23, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Sorry to butt in. Such comments are annoying. These likes must be from her, her children and their spouses or from all your 8 names with different monikers. Keke, Napep, Nene. Mama always says people should not be fooled by her jeans; her spiritual sense is correct. so even she would know that these are the words of Jesus to Christians.

Sha jejely sow your seed and continue to serve the god of seed. You and your 25 accounts. Lying here and forming knower of God.

• Adegoke

July 23, 2018 at 9:22 am

Illuminati do charity work as well. The biggest foundations are not run by Christians.
      “She is highly respected by these younger hip pastors.” – This is true. She is Biodun Fatoyinbo’s spiritual mother. Charity is not a sign of true Christianity. Every time a negative post is shared, she talks about widows and orphans. “Oh! This 16 year old was raped! The authorities are following it up.” Mama, I love you but that is neither here nor there. Why are you hurting the very women you claim to be helping?

• nene

July 23, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Off point,i waka pass

• Tired

July 23, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Who “robust reply” epp? ?????

• Anon

July 23, 2018 at 11:03 am

@Bisola, or maybe it’s so “remote” it doesn’t exist…lol!

• Kkay

July 23, 2018 at 11:26 am

@Anon , my exact thoughts. Some white elephant hospital or a cover for other fraudulent things.
      Silly brain-washed disciples calling her mummy like they ‘no sabi their Mama’.
      Money-mongering spiritual pickpockets disguised as Pastors.
      Funke Adejumo go stand by Churches and start giving every Church member $1,000 monthly that comes from your own honest labour till Jesus comes. Let me see how sweet and easy you find that! Mschewww.
      What Gospel is she preaching? Gospel of dollars and Euros.
      How come she has not gone to preach to the women in remote Mursi tribe of Ethiopia and ask them to donate 1,000 cowries.
      Funke Adejumo is nothing but a modern-day Religious Fraudster!

• Lilo

July 23, 2018 at 7:58 pm

Is this her photocopy asking for money in these videos? Lmao….se oro niyen?

• Tired

July 23, 2018 at 10:43 pm

I think na her scan ??. You never sabi film trick?? ?

• Kudos

August 24, 2018 at 9:47 pm

She is a good fundraiser. But not a preacher of the gospel. She is building a hospital for her own glory. They know where they beg for money. With all the money she makes, she is still expecting the doctors to come and treat people for free while she buys private jet for herself. Keep on trying to believe lies!

4. Tired

July 23, 2018 at 8:30 am

Would such pastors thrive without willing congregationa? These carnal-minded audiences are there for THEMSELVES, not for God, and they see Him as a vending machine. The congregations are as much, if not more, to blame than she is.

I have always wondered, doesn’t her husband see it? He seems reasonable. Can’t her friends talk to her? I invited her for a conference and didn’t hear “pim!” back. Now I know it is becsuse I did not speak the correct language, i.e. Honorarium amount. Thank God o. He delivered the women of my country. She came recently and nobodu even heard about it. She is coming in September. People have said they will lambast her for her lamba from the airport if she is let in.

5. Cocoa

July 23, 2018 at 8:33 am

She runs several non-profits. I will like to think the money goes into these projects which can not sustain themselves. It is the responsibilty of we children of God to look after the vulnerable around us. If you dont trust her to use the money to these effects then dont go up to the altar and pledge a seed.

You can take it and sow it directly into the needy’s life. Your CHOICE has not been taken away.

• Anon

July 23, 2018 at 11:01 am

@Cocoa, sorry but only in places like Nigeria can people get away with this. In civilized societies, even charitable donations have to be accounted for and charities are regularly audited.

• Kay

July 23, 2018 at 11:42 am

Then she can open her mouth and ask people to donate to these non-profits, no? And what does a non-profit have to do with this woman asking for money in exchange for the virginity of children? She is SELLING miracles.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

July 23, 2018 at 8:21 pm

Babes, but this seed sowing is becoming her schtick. I attended two of her summits in Aberdeen and ’twas the same method….. plus….. she always knows how to use a rallying call that tugs the heartstrings – the children. So you’re standing in a room filled with all these vulnerable Christian women, mostly young and trying to be sure they’re not making complete hash job of being wives and mothers. And they’re looking for encouragement from the kind of older Christian mentor she’s believed to be….. then it surely ends up in the “seed today so that your children will not turn into armed robbers, instead of ending up as wholesomely as mine did” call.

Girl, it was starting from £1000 oh. My ears pricked all the way up….. before we started hearing an invitation to bring “whatever you have”. And I’ve heard her speak (I don’t know if I’ll call it preaching, she’s actually more of motivational Christian teacher than a Preacher in my own opinion), will not deny that she’s very good at stirring a passion for her female audience (mainly wives + mothers) to achieve more and I’m sure she’s been a great inspiration to many women.

Let’s just stop this seed-for-blessing approach and keep it honest. Ask people who feel they’ve been blessed, to please support the ministry in whatever way they can. Charities do that all the time and there’ll be a lot more respect for her brand if they did that….. rather than guilt-tripping congregations with the threat of missing blessings.

Unless the worry is that Nigerians have a culture of depleting resources (both spiritual and material) without bothering about ways to sustaining them. In which case, e be like say the seed is the best kind of compulsion you can make for funds. Selah.

6. Adeleke

July 23, 2018 at 9:25 am

If they are genuine, let God himself arise and defend them. If they are false, let God himself arise and punish them all.

• Confuzzled

July 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm

No. As Christians, you are God’s arms and power on earth. Don’t shirk your responsibility and wait for God to work for you. When you see evil, you must be first in line to speak and work against it. God has done more than enough for all. Don’t be like the child that refused to be weaned!

There are legal and transparent structures by which she can raise funds for her good works. Asking for money to be paid directly into her own accounts reeks of greed and circumvention of proper procedures. Call a spade a spade. You don’t need God to come down from heaven to tell you the difference between right and wrong.

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 6:48 am

Glam! You are an amazing writer!!

• Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 7:12 am

Meant to say gbam! Damn spellcheck

• Kudos

August 24, 2018 at 9:47 pm

Thats why God is exposing them now.

7. by_stander

July 23, 2018 at 10:41 am

When your minimum wage is N20K, $1000 is a lot of money to talk about.
    what is driving all this trend is poverty.

i’m not a fan of these churches, but i actually admire how this women bypasses the entire system. that is rigged to keep impoverish people.

The people that are against her earning money this way dont even know why they are against her
    apart from it seems unfair.

But guess what she is not putting a gun to anybody’s head.

well let me put it this another way, if your government didnt make it impossible for people to earn a living and infrigine on their right to economic liberty. this very smart woman’s methods wont exists.

our combined cohorts of illiterates leading us that like to plagiarize without any concern for understanding, are the ones driving this behaviour, where the least productive and fantasy sellers rake it in.

Its a complete waste of time to even try to do anything else in her country of origin, but this. and im yet to be convinced how this is any better than your so called lawyers and accountants, if you take a look closer they all operate on thesame principles.
    only one team made their own official.

And if this is upsetting you, let it upset you some more as i break it down,
    everything she is talking about is related to inalienable rights. if you have your inalienable rights,
    why would you be attending her service?

8. Anon

July 23, 2018 at 10:54 am

Religion has become the biggest industry for Nigeria’s legion of CON artists! You see their signboards literally everywhere you turn.. smdh

9. Jwezee

July 23, 2018 at 11:52 am

It’s even extra hard to ignore this BS…. I mean how do I not notice that in every single video she is asking for money….bloody hell! And some would still sat leave our mummy alone….you people get your life together.

10. tobi

July 23, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Aunty Ole, Barawo.

Anuty Rev, Go and get a proper job, and see how easy it is to make a $1000.

11. Randommer

July 23, 2018 at 12:36 pm

All me I want to know is who is her tailor abeg. I hope I won’t need a seed of 1k USD to access him or her
    For people saying she is using the money to do Charity. Then why can’t she ask for money the same way other NGOs are doing? How much of the money going to NGOs goes to the ppl in need versus overhead. It seems as though these pastors call her to preach and raise funds for them in their Church and then she gives them a cut. Very nice racket. But all in all, who is her tailor?!

• E

July 23, 2018 at 5:54 pm

$1000 for that information.

• kosi

July 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm

i swear that’s all i was even looking at sef, the clothes.

• Mrs chidukane

July 23, 2018 at 10:00 pm

As in, the peach and black one. Very common fabric that I have been ignoring in the market . A great tailor is everything.

• Tired

July 23, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Me too! Fashion is on point. The 2012 and before videos look a bit funny compared to her recent fashion. The geles are even lopsided. Seed is powerful.

Anyway. I came here to drop gist: There is a post on twitter from Tomi Adejumo’s former schoolmate saying that she is not a virgin, since her FUTA days. The guy posting it said he will not be the one to tell Mama that her child lied to her.

The weak wey this whole thing take make person weak, enh… ???

God, please help Rev. Funke and us all, in Jesus’ Name.

• BA

July 24, 2018 at 1:29 pm

Uhm, not an advocate for her method of seed sowing but please ALL of her children attended Covenant University so no need to bring any false tales into this.

• Wendy

July 24, 2018 at 3:53 pm

Secondary school.

• Tired

July 25, 2018 at 8:54 pm

Two of them went to the FUTA secondary school before Covenant so by university, how can I say…? they were pros

• bae

August 12, 2018 at 4:44 am

bad child … this your shovel for digging up gist na wa ooooo lmao ur my paddy from today ! by force ooooo! lmao

• Southernbelle

July 26, 2018 at 4:13 pm

you are too funny oo… las las you need to sha know the tailor oo LOL

• bae

August 12, 2018 at 4:42 am

babe u spoke my mind azzin tailor and hair supplier oooo bothe on point! lmao ! abeg i don laff taya lol

12. Kiki

July 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm

In the entire black populace, Nigerians represent a great number among the academically educated.
    But, while I cannot factually represent the level/number or percentage of the gullible populace, I am 101% sure Nigerians are majorly gullible.

Because we do not have the patience or the value system to study & analyse the nitty gritty of everyday living, we fall pray to such societal elements like pastors, imams, alfas, traditionalist, politicians, service agents, and even to the lowest of the lowest in the marketplace.

* That’s why you will see a lowly educated person on Instagram mixing Hydrogen peroxide, hair bleaching powder in shampoo and sell as Whitening shower gel, call it Organic product, sell for exorbitant price to the supposed academically educated, and this latter won’t question the truth in labelling of such product.

* That is also why you will see an academically educated nigeria submit themselves to dancing on social platform when he or she is not a musician or actor to sell and gain following.
    Where is that done in the world? Are you insane or something?

There are tons and tones of cases in points to learn from world leading companies…why is that so hard to sit down and study a few?

* That is why Nigerians will continue to take the words of such clergy people hook, line and sinker because they have refused to study and understand the word of God on their own.

* When the general value system is faulty, all of those who are smarter at conning others will be the only success stories to be heard of.

NIGERIANS NEED TO QUESTION THE IMPORTANCE OF DAILY LIVING ELEMENTS to be able to truly be situationally-educated.

It is well.

• Wow

July 23, 2018 at 6:02 pm

I agree…most Nigerians are too lazy to search the scriptures and know God for themselves. They’d rather people tell them who God/Christ is based on their warped ideas.

In addition, our society/upbringing is one that has taught us that we have to ‘bribe’ our way to get things. So the idea that a Heavenly Father will love you unconditionally and give freely to even the most undeserving without being ‘bribed’ is very foreign to most Nigerians. And the greed to want something now now adds to the gullible nature of an average Nigerian. May God help us! ??‍♀️

Sow seeds of prayers (not money) for your children and they’ll reap rewards.

How many of these people that have been sowing money seeds do we know ruling the major institutions of the world??? Abeg

• Mz Socially Awkward....

July 23, 2018 at 8:31 pm

You’ve even gone too far with asking for seeds of prayer.

It can be as simple and as basic as sowing seeds of good, simple. Do good, let those principles of seedtime and harvest truly come to pass in your children’s lives. Some people are prayer warriors and evil (EVIL) in how they treat their fellow beings so that sowing seed of prayer for your children can be risky….. lest they reap the wind in return.

We just need to get over this payment-for-blessing strategy of life, Christianity in Nigeria is in dire straits. Far too many people are walking out of church on Sundays with the false conception that they’ve successfully dropped a bribe for God at the altar in exchange for getting into His good books.

13. Wow

July 23, 2018 at 3:25 pm

I like Pastor Funke Adejumo. But let’s be for real, this sowing of (money) seed everywhere is actually ridiculous and unbiblical. “Seed sowing” is NOT only financial. In fact, in most cases, it’s not financial. People can sow seeds of love, seeds of service, seeds of faith etc. The untrue notion that God’s blessings can be bought is one of the major problems with religion in Naija.
    I’m pretty sure in all these videos, she’s preached a really good message prior but then, like a lot of these Pentecostal, prosperity pastors, they ruin it at the end with this rubbish.
    Then again, Why must she put a minimum or amount on what people should give? What happened to giving willfully and cheerfully? ??‍♀️. People contribute to NGOs all the time. If she’s raising money for her charities, then let people give what they have.

In one of the videos, she was telling ushers and choir members to ensure that they sow this “money” seeds ?. Excuse me, they’re already sowing seeds of service that God doesn’t forget and He rewards.

Christians just need to understand that God blesses us regardless of us. If you choose to give money to the church, widows, needy etc , it shouldn’t be because you want something back, it should be because Christ first loved you. Shikena!

• Retta

July 24, 2018 at 9:39 am

Love, love, love you for this! Touche! This is truth!

• Manny

July 31, 2018 at 4:00 am

Exactly! Their time is way more valuable than money. Why must it be money?

14. Fizzy

July 23, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Woman issa scammer. I just signed the petition.

15. Seriously

July 23, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Nigerians are busy accusing their government of embezzlement but another extension of that are so called “men and women of God” scamming the hell out of them in the name of their fake God. God of the Bible aint the same one they use. They have turned churches into business, pyramid and bad deals.
    This woman is a fraud just like many of them. I’m still shocked this many women follow her on basic things in life they should already know if not pray to God for wisdom. She doesn’t teach salvation and real biblical teachings just prey on emotions.

• Engoz

July 23, 2018 at 6:55 pm

“I’m still shocked this many women follow her on basic things in life”

Buhahaha…very basic, kindergarten babble. This is the nonsense Nigerian women find ‘inspiring’. People who swallow this crap most of the time have never had the appropriate feminine influences in their lives to be inspired by such nonsense. It is a funny sight though, hehehe. Nigerian Christianity is a mess. A dramatic show of shame! Judgement is coming soon for these shameless babblers since they have refused to repent. I’ll just relax and watch from the sidelines.

• Kkay

July 23, 2018 at 9:10 pm

Surprisingly, no Nigerian Pastor is doing for poor Nigerian masses what Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. did to fight the inequalities against the Africa- Americans.
      Ha! You want them to die and leave their private jets, earthly mansions, exotic holiday homes in the Caribbeans and private Islands paradise to who?
      Look at the rot in the system. Tell you what. These prosperity-preaching wolves in sheep’s clothing are in. cahoots with the political looting-leaders. They extort and glean off what is left by the latter.
      You can’t even imagine the racketeering and unhealthy rivaly amongst some of these self-annointed-appointed religious leaders.

Wake up, O’ ye brainwashed and befuddled disciples! Ask common sense questions.
      Are they saying this Pastor Funke Felix Adejumo has to teach them to be punctual to work, love their children, organize their homes as well? So, she was there to instruct them from childhood to respect their parents, elders , do. chores, go to to school and other mundane things.
      THEY BETTER START HONORING AND SHOWERING THEIR REAL MOTHERS WITH ALL THEY DESERVE….PLUS THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS as God instructed not some persons who made no sacrifices for you.

16. Baybie

July 23, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Many Nigerians worship human beings, NOT GOD!

17. Frida

July 23, 2018 at 11:18 pm

I’m very uncomfortable with this woman’s style of preaching.

However ,I thought the petition against her was a tad over the top and won’t hold any water, until I read their argument. She goes to the UK, collects money from the congregation and ferries the money back to Nigeria without paying tax Or accounting for it? Or that’s why I understood. If thats the case, then she might actually get into trouble with the authorities in the UK.

I think the Pentecostal community is beginning to realise how much trouble this might be for her, hence the massive movement supporting her.

I’ll advise her to look inwards and tell her self the truth, no matter how wonderful her congregation say she is… These videos portray her in the worst possible light, there’s no denying she said or did these things. The evidence is unquestionable.

• by_stander

July 24, 2018 at 5:59 am

Dont worry the people that wrote the UK tax laws are not this stupid. They actually have functioning brains, They understand the world better than poverty stricken vultures.

Its the giver that is subject to a tax if the gift is over £3000 , people in the UK do not pay taxes on gifts received..
      This might help with your reading.
      and

if you are coming from N20k minimum wage society. your next line of argument/questioning i’m guessing should be, if she is allowed to collect gifts in the UK.

• Randommer

July 24, 2018 at 11:07 am

Lol there is a petition against her in the US too where gift receivers do pay tax.

18. Abi

July 24, 2018 at 1:09 am

Ok she’s a very wonderful woman who has helped us build our homes”. Then she demands 1m at the beginning of the year! Seriously translates to home building.
    Please ask those who survived Christ Embassy s giving Saga n how many homes n lives were literally shattered die to financial mess in their homes. Father’s no longer able to meet their financial obligations in the house cos he has to remit his VOW to the pastor 1st. Mother’s reducing quality of life in the home because they have to be in pastors good books.
    Ive been there, talking from experience. Just God’s grace brought us out of the deep waters we found our feet in.

19. randommer

July 24, 2018 at 4:52 am

$500 for prayers, one on one counselling and tea break

20. zzzzzzzzzzz

July 24, 2018 at 8:19 am

I went to a a church recently where we we asked to make donations, the highest was for 1 million naira. I am not a member of that church but I gave because the funds was to sustain the church’s University which the school fees from students cannot cover. Genesis 8:22 says as long as the earth endures seed time and harvest time will continue. Preaching the Gospel is capital intensive. I say so because of the cost involved. I have been privileged to be in a ministry that went to some villages to preach the gospel in the north. The cost of organizing this crusades which was not in the town ran into millions. If not for the giving of people in the town, no matter the amount of offering collected in the village it can never cover the cost. A lot of people attend Experience every year for free, can I ask you if you were to buy a ticket to attend that concert how much do you think you will pay ? We are talking about not just local but foreign artist who come with their band? Do you know that it is the giving of some that makes it possible for others to attend free? I think it is high time Christians stop bringing down men and women of God who ask for donations. If they don’t ask will you even think of giving willingly, would you know what the needs are?

• Randommer

July 24, 2018 at 11:24 am

Lol I cannot believe what I am reading.

You donated to sustain the Church’s University?
      Who owns the University? The Church or the pastor? You mean after charging school fees that the congregation cannot often afford, they ask them to subsidized it. So these people want us to believe that the University is running at a loss? So why are they doing it then? To provide education for the masses? The masses that can’t go there.

There is nothing wrong in asking for donations please but that is not what FFA is doing here. She is asking people to give her, her foundation or other pastors money for projects she does not name in return for God’s blessings. This is very clearly condenmed in the Bible and in fact it was one if the reasons for the ride of protestant churches. Research the sale of indulgences by the Catholic Church.

Why do Nigerian Churches find it hard to publish financial accounts to their members? Churches in the US and UK are required to do it. Their pastors have not gone up in smoke and flames. In fact, was Christmas Embassy not taken over in the UK because they were found to be misappropriating and mismanaging Church funds.

But it’s ok. Tomorrow now FFA will tell us her choir members donated a private jet to her.

• Wow

July 24, 2018 at 1:36 pm

This quote “as long as the earth remains, seed time and harvest will not cease”. First of all, that’s one of life’s basic principles ?. You reap what you sow. This isn’t talking about money abeg.
      Secondly, yes, churches need funds to spread the gospel. A lot of the monetary “seeds” Pastor Adejumo called for specifically asked to be made directly to pastors and not be included in church money. So your statement doesn’t hold water.

• kike

July 25, 2018 at 4:38 am

Zzzxx love your comment but these poeple commenting here, 99% of them are not christians please remove that from your mind ehhh. I know what ofrerings and tithing has done in my life ahhhhh nobogy prayed for me ohhh i just so gave and boomi always receive a testimony, so let them talk in their ignorance if i was listening to true christians it would be difeerent but they are not ojare so rest your energy.

21. Peju

July 24, 2018 at 8:49 am

Imagine someone of her caliber behaving like an “Alabosi”
    Just saw this on IG and it’s surprising she is shamelessly dancing at the airport like her juju is bigger than anything else

22. Oyin

July 24, 2018 at 10:34 am

The moment people like Tara Fola durotoye are mingling in the same circle as such thieving men-of-God, it leaves me to re-question what her true business motive has been all along and what her husband truly has for the country with his intention to run.

Some Nigerians have mastered the art of deception through religion and so-called claims to empowering others. It’s all a lie.

Take for example, why has she stopped using that business model to run her makeup company? why is her husband and herself always spiritualising everything? because the vast majority of Nigerians are needy and weak as a result.

With big houses in VGC and about, living a life beyond true understanding, the foolish will continue to believe through these cheats who hide behind the name of God to cheat and steal from people.

It is always about Money…look back in time, it is always about money..

• xo

July 25, 2018 at 4:08 pm

pls leave Tara out of this! she didnt ask for seed or any form of donation. Ehn! carry your bitter heart away from her business. dont taint a good woman bad when you do not know absolutely anything about her! Whether we like it or not, these things are very personal. you do not know her! leave her and her husband out of this!. she is a Christain and she belives in tithing and sowing. deal with it or face your front.

23. zzzzzzzzzzz

July 24, 2018 at 12:11 pm

I want to post a question here, before judging the lady Pastor I want to ask those of you judging here, how many souls have you won for christ, who is sure of going to heaven because you ministered to them? Have any of you told anyone today that Jesus loves them? and by the way leave us the foolish continue to believe and give because you know what Ist Corinthians 1:18 says “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God”. Let those who are led to give give because they will be blessed of the father. even if the pastor decides to misappropriate it we will still be bless because it is the intention that God blesses.

• LLLLLLLLLLLL

July 24, 2018 at 3:30 pm

My dear, Nigerians will always be for God…forget it..no need to be asking how many souls have been worn for God.

Do you think these people going to church are going because they were worn…NO DEAR. They are going because there is an innate attachment to religion that every parent imbibes in their kids and each one of us grows with it.

What now sustains these attachment to the church for example will be the deception by these so called – supposed-to-godly people, who are mavericks at spiritual manipulations.

I have read in some places, people saying this woman Funke Adejumo has helped them to hold their homes….hehehe.

How? Because she tells you to cook for your hubby when he didn’t leave the money and they try and get it back from him….mumu manipulation…how is that holding your home…it’s common sense every woman knows…we are born into a society where we give leverage to men in most family situations, so do you really someone who calls themselves a pastor to remind you of that, and then you will be manipulated to pay (sow) for that information you already know.

This is the same method used by babalawos….they will tell you these and these are your problems (of course, standard everyday problems) and you will believe…immediately, you are wiring your entire monthly stipends to them.

• Wendy

July 24, 2018 at 3:55 pm

How many souls has SHE won?#shift #Akurepeopleknow

• kike

July 25, 2018 at 4:46 am

Chai see the only wise person here aside myself, that scripture is spot on God bless you. There is nothing i repeat NOTHING that will stop me from SOWING or GIVING into the lives of true servants of God because of my TESTIMONIES that money or man could not solve, i will also pay mymtithes and offering too. Let them keep their ignorance while i SOAR, who no go, never undertand. SOWING IS MEANT FOR ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS so dont try this if you are not one.

• miss_nk

July 25, 2018 at 5:41 pm

your deflection is not cute, fix up!

24. by_stander

July 24, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Petition her to the ends to the earth if you like.

you are asking her to publish financial records e.t.c. i don’t know whether you or the accountant
    are going to do it for free or how impractical that is to do in your N20K minimum wage society since she cant even use her own accountant or do it herself.

like i said the so called accountants and lawyers are no different, maybe worse,
    after your hard work they will sweep in to take your money unproportional for doing nothing
    more than creating the problem to start with.

And since you still don’t understand the concept of unalienable rights, i want to ask you what is your business with her money?

how does it affect you, the amount of money she is making or not making?

Did anybody come to complain to you that she stole their money or defrauded them?

Did you invest money with her?

did she steal your money previously?

The money sef, if they give it to you and put you in a box, can you eat it?

its this mentality that stops black people from prospering when you can not stand to see an another black person rising, and in many cases making a living. Some might even call that slave mentality, and reason why africa was ripe for the pickings.

you rather she was poor and destitute? that would make you feel a lot better right?

thats why i don’t see any of you making a case or signing petition against beggars on street
    that are not paying taxes or that they are scamming people.

If you dont have anywhere to focus your energy, let me tell you now, Accountants DO NOT pay taxes. if you have a brain do the maths (we pay their taxes) – that’s the only scam profession that exist on this planet. when they are bankers, they even come up with grand shit like 2008.

in your N20k minimum wage society they speculate and make money off your collective wealth,
    you might not be giving at the church, but you damn sure give at the bank.

and if you’re still not convinced about their profession just ask OAU what department was recently involved in a scandal. like i said before the least productive people.

Or you have never wondered why you need to pay someone so much money to do elementary school addition and subtraction? even if you know how to do it yourself?

Or do i need to touch on common NYSC certificate forgery as well to convince you?

both accountants and lawyers continue to abuse unalienable rights of people in their society and write
    their profession into law, they are the reason why your N20k minimum wage society has remained just that.

You vilify her, meanwhile you are there complaining everyday about your N20K minimum wage society, little do you know you are a pawn in a much bigger game played by accountants and lawyers.

• Miss sunshine

July 26, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Ermm, dude or lady whichever one you are. Looks like you have something against accountants and lawyers cos this your comment is TOTALLY off point.

25. Tink tink

July 25, 2018 at 7:09 am

I am dumbfounded by how gullible we Nigerians are. With all the churches, pastors, and prayers why is that we surpassed India to become the country with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty? Over 87 million people living in extreme poverty Nigeria. Shouldn’t we be a the richest nation in the world? Especially since most of our pastors believe in the prosperity doctrine? With all the sowing of seeds, everyone should be driving a Range Rover by now. Look it’s very simple, we’ve all been bamboozled, scammed, hoodwinked, and it’s about time people start waking up to protect whatever they have left. These pastors have made billions off the backs of innocent people, they are the greatest snake oil salesmen the world has ever seen.
    Do you know in America, a lot of churches get audited, and every month they show the entire congregation how much the church made, and where the money is going? Even a Nigerian church I attended showed how much they collected on a big screen to the entire church, and what the money was being spent on. You could also see the results. Different church programs, housing initiatives, job training, etc. The bottom line is, the pastors in Nigeria have taken advantage of people for far too long, and enough is enough.

26. kkay

July 25, 2018 at 6:32 pm

This is NIGERIA, everybody CRIMINAL! Lol
    I am a Christian, fully born-again. Get this! You can tithe and siw-seeds in bilkions of $ and still end up in hell fire. You cannot bribe God.

Religious giving and activities are not 1st class ticket to heaven.
    Self-righteousness is a filthy rag before God.
    I wonder why this Pastor Funke and her likes do not tell you to look around your neighbourhood, streets and sow $1,000 monthly seed into the lives of your destitutes, needy people , orphans there?
    Bill Gates is fighting Polio in Africa with medical aid. Mary Slessor came from Scotland to live among uncivilized tribes with the Gospel of Christ

There are Christians that are not deceived by these money-mongers.

• nene

July 26, 2018 at 8:07 am

Its obvious you are not a christian but a church bench warmer, atop embarassing yourself, if all this time you have been warming the church chairs you never learnt the meaning and importance of sowing seeds ahh am not sure you have even heard the name Jesus christ before.

• Kkay

August 1, 2018 at 2:29 pm

@Nene don’t worry. I am not a Christian as you have said because I won’t support money-mongers. So Nene, how much did you pay for salvation? If Jesus Christ were to charge you for every stripe and pain he suffered, how much money can you pay for that?
      Please, study your bible and ask the Holy Spirit to teach and reveal God’s word to you. Tithes and sowing ‘money-seeds’ will not take you to heaven!

• nene

July 26, 2018 at 8:11 am

Saying everybody is a criminal in nigeria exposes your mindset, so you mean no one will make heaven yourself inclusive? Or there would criminals in heaven when we get there? Yes poeple will sow seeds and end up in hell because they are like you never understanding this life God has called us into. Kay repent and encounter Jesus

• Kkay

August 1, 2018 at 2:32 pm

@ Nene, do you really know Jesus Christ? It’s a question you answer deep down your Spirit.

27. by_stander

July 30, 2018 at 7:25 pm

how did you miss all the accounting related advice your colleagues were giving?

The quality of education and critical reasoning sef is a failure. People can not connect the dots anymore or maybe that one is enjoying the status quo.

The most useless profession on the planet in my honest opinion is an Accountant.

Can you imagine doctors giving patients expired drugs or telling patients they cant take their drugs unless they “audit” it or worst still, before you take your GP’s prescription, an ‘auditor’doctor has to take a look at it, so whether you like it or not you have to pay two doctors before you take that medication everybody knows is for malaria else you must die.

That is synonymous to your existing N20k minimum wage society. That is what Accountants have written into your law. Just incase you have been feeding from a silver spoon all your life to know, death is a very real consequence for someone that can’t “make a living”. The moment you understand that, you’ll understand the source of all the problems in your society.

Before you say “well they dont write laws”, have you heard of lobbying? better yet have you heard of anything man made being done in your favour in that society that you didnt bride or compel someone for?

(1 of 4)

28. by_stander

July 30, 2018 at 7:25 pm

The other catch phrase you will hear from them is “good governance” (not to government oh) but to “privately” owned businesses and individuals. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing that. Somehow some muppet charging people to do elementary school addition and subtraction has an opinion on “good governance”?

Well i just have one question, is it free?

They carry their DNA like a plague in their constructs, suddenly the moment you are not paying a clown to do elementary school addition and subtraction, you are automatically doing something wrong, you are greedy, you are not following proper procedures etc.( try spotting the clowns the above!)

(2 of 4)

29. by_stander

July 30, 2018 at 7:27 pm

Most of you don’t even know you are not allowed to lend someone money in that society(they actually wrote a law against it). however If you don’t lend them money because you cant legally get it back they will say you are wicked. The people with vested interests will say they are protecting the vulnerable. That argument is neither here or there, but people in a N20k minimum wage society should at least have the right to decide for themselves right? more so when there is no other thing forcing the commercial interest rates down.(That one is not in their interest abi?)

NGOs too are also under attack now. Basically what they are saying is if you are well off, helping the poor is not acceptable! we will make your life miserable if you try.

Yet you are there wondering why poorer people cant find help, of even if they find it, they cant afford it.

And you are going to tell me Lawyers too are not complicit in all of these?
    (3 or 4)

30. by_stander

July 30, 2018 at 7:28 pm

All these and more is why startups in your society can never be successful, at best they will enjoy mediocre N20k minimum wage short-term success after begging and bribing for opportunities.

Even other african societies that are dumping their bad habits are starting to leave you behind.

Look nobody in a N20k minimum wage society is building a Standard Oil, JP Morgan, Ford, General Electric,Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook e.t.c, from scratch like they do in the west. Their children are back again to colonize and at this rate of wasting away your youths, they’ll do it over and over again.

Yours are leaving with every opportunity they get.

Your Lawyers assuming they have brains, are suppose to be trained to spot unethical patterns that goes against the constitution and or your fundamental rights. Just like Doctors have a primary duty of care, they have a primary duty to ensure balance of justice (Dont ask me about Accountants because those ones are outdated they offer no value what so ever in my opinion, other than create problems. whether deliberately or not)

But they (lawyers) are silent as if nothing is wrong. My theory is that the fallout brings them easy businesses. They don’t even need to be good lawyers any more to see regular customers.

Games being played, all at the expense of the society even as it becomes clear its in a decline.

Yet you’ll be hearing them, bar this, chartard that. The most unproductive and problem causing professions that has held us as a N20k minimum wage hostage or equivalent of £40 (check again next year i can bet you it will even be lower).

Yet they’re first to find a “flaw” in ordinary people trying to “make a living”, for that “flaw” they can justify anything.

Then somebody is asking/saying why or how India surpassed – its Funke Adejumo’s fault na.

Funke Adejumo made one colonized common wealth country surpass the other colonized commonwealth country and she used your money to do it na.

When you are ready to have a brain, you will go and read the policies/laws of your N20k minimum wage society.
    You’ll go and find out the qualification of the people writing it.
    You’ll ask yourself if they are written for real people or imaginary slaves.
    You will ask your addition and subtraction Accountant why their outdated profession is still a
    monopoly in 2018 on doing elementary school addition and subtraction.(This is assuming you know how to do addition and subtraction, in case you dont, you can skip the entire post. altogether )

along the way, you may be lucky enough to even discover the real reason why Jesus Christ was killed.

The other day, i read a post from the VP giving advice on tech innovation (something about “no more lonewolf approach”), So in 2018 arts and commercial graduates are going to be giving advice to science graduates on how to do science? that actually made me laugh when i read it.. (if you check sef i doubt they passed the social studies well if at all )

I’ll wait to read the president’s publication on quantum mechanics and uncertainty principle..
    Then maybe the speaker can later educate the people on object oriented programming. (lol)

You people don’t know the scale of your problem currently, but It is Funke’s money that you should be chasing, because when you achieve your goal of destroying her livelihood, your life will be better.

When your “legal tender” aka fantasy paper looses value because you cant drink your oil and pollute the planet, giving yourself cancer and lung disease while you are at it, ,it might start to become clearer.

Shebi now you can still offset stupidity with imports and be petitioning another human being trying to make a living on change.org?

When the time comes you will understand why an Accountant can forge NYSC certificate to reach one of the “highest offices” in the land and say nothing about it as if you are all crazy for asking.

You will understand how you wasted talents and lives because of one stupid out dated deceptive profession that you failed to put in check.( because right now even the charted body is not doing as if they heard anything,about certificate forgery, that should give a very good hint)

By that time you will come to understand or at least value the concept of inalienable rights.
    Right now its a far-fetched jargon, but the one true thing that everyone else except your people, actually used to build a developed civilization.

Right now it’s “Totally off point” (lol)

31. Ephi

August 11, 2018 at 10:52 am

Nigerian pastors have turned Christianity into Financial prosperity. Very terrible. I have never been a fan of this woman but watching these videos and seeing the way she is categorically making very misleading statements is even worse. Anyway, even the Bible says it that in the last days there will be wolves in sheep’s clothing, so no surprises there. Shame.