News

Canadian Woman cancels Wedding, breaks up with Fiancé after Guests refused to Contribute $1,150 each

Illustrative Photo

In a lengthy post on Facebook, a Canadian bride-to-be identified as Susan has explained why she called off her engagement and broke up with her fiancé.

She blamed her family and friends for the unfortunate incident, lamenting why invited guests could not pay $CAD 1,500 ($1,150) each to attend.

“I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live my life like normal,” she said in her post.

They needed $CAD 60,000 ($46,020) to have the wedding she wanted, and by four days to the wedding (when she called it off), they had only $CAD 20,000 – $CAD 3,000 from her then fiancé’s family, $CAD 5,000 from her maid of honour, and $CAD 12,000 after eight guests RSVP-ed with their cheques of $CAD 1,500 each.

“Our request for $1,500 for all other guests was not f***ing out of the ordinary. Like, we made it clear. If you couldn’t contribute, you weren’t invited to our exclusive wedding. It’s a once and a lifetime party (sic).

Since our love was like a fairytale, we wanted an extravagant blow out wedding… A local psychic told us to go with the most expensive option, and we thought why the hell not?’ Susan explained.

We just needed a little push. Our dream wedding amounted to $60,000… All we asked was for a little help from our friends and family to make it happen,” she said.

As the wedding day drew closer, Susan said her ex’s family and her maid of honour took back their offer, as well as some guests.

Even when her ex suggested they elope to Vegas to cut cost, she said:

I laughed in his face, but he was dead serious. He wanted those cheap, filthy, w**** like Vegas weddings. I mean WHAT the f***?? Was he out of his mind?

Am I some h**ch piece of f***ing trash, a hooker? Am I supposed to like the idea of getting married in the heart of shady gamblers, alcoholics, and the get rich fast fallacy? Suddenly, my body began to shake as I entered a panic attack.

My ex left the room and didn’t apologise for his horrid suggestion.

They had to set up a GoFundMe campaign, but got only $CAD 250.

She concluded her post:

How hard would it to have been to f***ing give me money for my wedding. I won’t even sugarcoat. I won’t even pretend that’s now what I wanted.

It was for a dream. I was stabbed, cheated on… Goodbye. See you in two months. Friendly reminder to you c***s. Don’t think you own me. I am cutting all of you snakes off. I am living my life alone now. I only let those I believe have good intentions.

Susan’s post was only up for about 15 minutes, according to the person who shared screen-grabs of the post. The person claimed to be her cousin.

See the post below:

Photo Credits: Dreamstime |DailyMail

1. Adeleke

August 28, 2018 at 2:49 pm

Eiya, oponu talk. If you want fairy-tale wedding, boys boku for Naija

2. Miss Fine

August 28, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Marriage na by force! If she is my friend I will unfriend her!

3. Lala

August 28, 2018 at 3:47 pm

Well sounds like her ex dodged a bullet.

BN please please please fix the performance issues on your site! Have noticed a significant increase in load time for each page. This is really bad and decrease in user experience.

4. Anonymous

August 28, 2018 at 3:57 pm

I have never watched a movie or read a book with this character else I’d have said this was coined out of a movie or book.
    Is this really for real?
    No words……………..

5. Tosin

August 28, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Thank you for making me laugh, wow.

6. Babym

August 28, 2018 at 4:37 pm

Ah ah now what kind of wicked family and friends are these?? Don’t they know she has enemies to kill on the gram ?? wickedness in high places! ??

• Molarah

August 29, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Exactly – how can they be so wicked ????. In this our slay-or-die world, anyone that refuses to help your ministry is a real enemy of progress. Cut them off! I support you jare

(Honestly speaking though this looks like some sort of mental illness)

7. Adamazi

August 28, 2018 at 7:53 pm

crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Nollywood over to you

8. John

August 28, 2018 at 9:25 pm

This is how e -feminist reason offline sha

• akama

August 29, 2018 at 7:57 am

Silly comment

9. Ajala & Foodie

August 28, 2018 at 9:45 pm

So recently, hubby and I were watching a show “Mega Mansions” on AWE TV. AWE ( A wealth of entertainment) TV by the way, pretty much focuses on how the mega rich live. This couple were purchasing a mansion, nice house cost millions in $$$, they particularly liked a house but the husband said he did not like it. WHY??? “our Ferrari will be the only one in the neighbourhood”. I turned to my hubby and asked “how do people attain this height of ‘shallow-ness'” I thought that was bad and then I read this!!! My question still remains how do people become this selfish, self indulgent and shallow????

10. Wow

August 29, 2018 at 3:28 am

I fail to believe this is real. It can’t be real jo! She probably just wants attention. I mean com’on.

11. Ch

August 29, 2018 at 8:37 am

This has to be either of 2 things, a silly far-fetched joke, or a very mentally deranged human. I choose the former.

12. Tony

August 29, 2018 at 8:15 pm

A fan of the Kardashians. The first big red flag.

13. Dayo

August 30, 2018 at 5:01 am

When the wedding is more important than the marriage…

14. 9ja

August 30, 2018 at 5:02 am

Mental illness often manifests in different forms. SMH