Scoop

Plus Size Model Tess Holliday Covers October Issue of Cosmopolitan UK

UK’s top plus size model Tess Holliday is October’s COSMO girl – she’s the cover star for Cosmopolitan UK‘s October issue

Reacting to her new cover, Tess shared on Instagram: “Phew, I’m literally a COSMO GIRL!! Can’t believe I’m saying that!Thank you @cosmopolitanuk & @farrahstorr for this incredible opportunity. If I saw a body like mine on this magazine when I was a young girl, it would have changed my life & hope this does that for some of y’all.  Issue hits stands 8/31”

In her interview, Holliday talks mental health challenges, her #effyourbeautystandards campaign, and lots more.

The October Issue will be released on the 31st of August.

On her mental health challenges

“I remember very vividly driving in the car with Bowie [her two-year-old son] and I thought to myself, ‘I wish I could just disappear. I wish I could vanish.’ It felt at that point like I was causing everyone around me so much pain. It felt like a never-ending black hole. I was so tired of hurting… I just didn’t want to be here any more.”

On creating a viral Instagram campaign

I created [the campaign] out of frustration. I was angry and sad that people kept commenting on my pictures saying, ‘You’re too fat to wear that!’ or ‘Cover up! No one wants to see that!’ And then one night I was lying in bed and thought, ‘F*ck that!’ So I posted an image with four photographs of myself wearing things that fat women are often told we ‘can’t wear’, and encouraged others to do the same.”

Read more on Cosmopolitan UK.

Photography: @wattsupphoto for Cosmopolitan UK

1. Lol

August 30, 2018 at 2:26 am

In most of the pics she’s covered in tattoo or clothes or flowers…hence she’s still hiding. Beung that morbidly obese is nothing to be proud about. Just as being anorexic is unhealthy. Replacing political correctness with honesty won’t work.

2. Ada

August 30, 2018 at 7:59 am

I tthink we need to understand the essence of the cover. It’s about having confidence to achieve her goals even with her size. People are always quick to judge. We should encourage people to be confident and also be healthy at the same time.

• didi

August 30, 2018 at 8:59 am

True but this is not gearing towards healthy and you should confidently eat healthy no matter your size. I have someone i seldom tell to stay off the sweetened foods but he would not now he has tooth pain. The reason why people in those days lived longer is no frying, indirect workout by walking instead of taking a cab,they ate more veges,fresh food from the farm unlike now where foods are grown with chemicals. She should be careful about her weight becos she would soon get to the negative side of letting go.

• Uberhaute Looks

August 30, 2018 at 9:43 am

This here is seriously unhealthy. As someone struggling with obesity all my life, I can tell you that this is disaster waiting to happen!
      I don’t judge but I won’t encourage this at all.

3. Uberhaute Looks

August 30, 2018 at 9:44 am

I don’t judge but I won’t encourage this at all.

4. zzzzzzzzzzz

August 30, 2018 at 3:55 pm

I am a US size 12W or( 14 -16), that means I am at the bottom of the Plus size category. Even at that I am still advised to loose weight in order to keep my cholesterol levels low and avoid any health complications. She needs to loose weight

5. Clifton Palmer McLendon

September 10, 2018 at 11:46 am

Tess Holliday is a HOTTIE!