News

“I am calling on the president to pity me” – Leah Sharibu speaks from Captivity

BellaNaija.com

"I am calling on the president to pity me" - Leah Sharibu speaks from Captivity | BellaNaija

Leah Sharibu, the only #DapchiGirl left with her abductors, has spoken out from captivity.

Leah was one of the 110 girls abducted by the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a breakaway faction of Boko Haram, in February.

104 of the girls from the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi had been returned by the insurgent group, with 5 said to have passed. Only Leah was left in captivity, allegedly as a result of her refusing to renounce Christianity.

The Cable has obtained a “proof of life” – an audio recording and a photo – of the abducted girl, begging that President Muhammadu Buhari come to her rescue.

Listen to Leah speak, and see her most recent photo.

I am Leah Sharibu, the girl that was abducted in GGSS Dapchi. I am calling on the government and people of goodwill to intervene to get me out of my current situation.

I also plead to the members of the public to help my mother, my father, my younger brother and relatives. Kindly help me out of my predicament. I am begging you to treat me with compassion, I am calling on the government, particularly, the president to pity me and get me out of this serious situation. Thank you.

1. Busola

August 27, 2018 at 3:51 pm

This is beyond heartbreaking. What kind of leadership do we have, the president goes to sleep easy when this innocent girl is under hostage. All the leaders care about is securing another term. Lord knows the horrible things this girl is facing.

2. Amaka

August 27, 2018 at 5:46 pm

There is no time I hear or read about this girl Leah Sharibu, that my day is not completely ruined. To think that this young girl, is still in captivity, in the hands of animals in human skin. People that do not have any regard for a fellow human being, and yet President of Nigeria Buhari and his regime officials are busy truncating the whole world, wasting their tax payers money, in the name of vacationing or talking trade with leaders that see them as “lifeless” (Trump), and yet they sit down and have a conversation and ph0toup with them, yet they are not making any effort at freeing this girl is just painful. These same Nigerian leaders have children. How will they feel, if this shoe is on the other feet? To think that these people even go to sleep, and do not have nightmares, that a child was left with wolves is uncanny. How I wish there is any way this girl can be removed from the monsters holding her. I don’t understand how somebody will be made to accept a religion by force? I wish my country’s president Donald Trump, will stop being hateful and send US military, to retrieve this girl from captivity. These are wishes, but my heart is indeed aching for this girl and her family. Nigerian leaders should be ashamed of themselves.

3. Pikin of God

August 27, 2018 at 5:54 pm

JESUS! this girl is still in captivity??

4. Ephi

August 27, 2018 at 6:05 pm

Yet Buhari is comfortable enough to be globetrotting the world aimlessly while this girl, this innocent girl, is in captivity. This is what happens when you have a religious bigot at the helm of affairs. Leah, remain strong, our prayers are with you.

5. Ephi

August 27, 2018 at 6:06 pm

BN, i hope you guys are alright? What moderation exactly are you moderating on this kind of post. Your whole website is filled with posts, zero comments, a shadow of itself. You people should change your ways.

6. demash

August 27, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Seems she’s well taking care of like a POW but I sense some politiking here. I reckon she ll be released to enable APC score some cheap political points close to the election date. Something’s fishy here.

• ijebujesha

August 27, 2018 at 10:41 pm

Exactly. She will be released close to the election!

7. Amina

August 27, 2018 at 7:28 pm

The God that we serve has seen you and delivered you in the name of Jesus! Brave daughter of the Most High! You are not to be pitied but celebrated. Thank you Jesus!

8. What trump say in regard 2 Buhari

August 28, 2018 at 8:22 am

AS A NORTHENER IT Goes without saying – We Pity You !

9. Tis Brawd

August 28, 2018 at 8:23 am

delusional as #F***

10. zzzzzzzz

August 28, 2018 at 11:22 am

This girl is just being used to play polictics and I am beginning to get tired of these. Just goes to show how wicked and shallow our politicians are. If you want to play politics why not use good governance and development? That will not happen because the politician are just bereft of ideas

11. Nnenne

August 28, 2018 at 11:58 pm

All the people calling on Trump to intervene. At whose expence?
    Who will pay?
    American tax payers?
    Do they have free natural resources like you all?
    Vote the right people into public offices and mind your own business.
    Americans are human like us not Santa claus!!!