Relationships

“I took a vow to defend and protect you and our beautiful children on this day” – Peter Okoye’s 5th Wedding Anniversary Message to Wife Lola is a Must Read ❤️

BellaNaija.com

Peter Okoye and wife Lola Omotayo-Okoye are celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary today.

Peter Okoye took to Instagram to share a lovely message to his wife:

Today marks the day I made one of the best decisions of my life, to marry my best friend!

A best friend isn’t someone who’s just always there for you. It’s someone who understands you a bit more than you understand yourself and today I’m happy and have no regrets that I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with and love. Most people don’t really know who you are or what you represent. I have seen them insult you, call you all sorts of names.” She’s Yoruba, She’s too Old for you, She’s biracial” Blah blah blah!!! Like I didn’t know all this b4 I married you. They even came up with stories of how our late Mum never liked you but God knows that few weeks before she died you were the one getting up early to go stay with her at St. Nicolas hospital, even keeping her friends and pastors at your place for weeks because we were living on the mainland then. She always called you “My Daughter” RIP Mum?? Your Daughter” and your grandchildren are doing well Mum???…. Maybe divorcing you to make you a baby mama will make some people happy and me unhappy; sorry that is not our portion.”Tufiakwa” Remember Love sees no color, love has no age limit nor race. But one thing is sure, I am here to protect and defend you from all those insults.

I took a vow to defend and protect you and our beautiful children on this day 5 years ago and no matter what happens, you and the kids come first. Maybe thats what makes me different from other guys; you guys are my priority. So let’s cut all that “Blood is thicker than water” BS Obviously you guys are not the water. Let’s not forget that Blood makes u related and Loyalty makes u family.

You’ve been through a lot because of me and I know how bad it’s hurts. So please forgive those who insult you, attack you, battle you or take you for granted. More than this…forgive yourself for allowing them to hurt you. Continue being the strong woman our daughter Aliona has as a role model and our son Cameron will know and understand what to look for in a woman when he’s grown.

We’ve been together for over 16years and married for 5yrs. You are still the same woman and I will never forget the day I met you. How you used to book shows for us and all due to the fact that you worked in an agency (FKG2). I remember how our former manager Howie-T used to tell us how nice you were to us getting us shows and all. Today the world doesn’t know all that. Instead, they call you Gold digger. If anyone should be called Gold digger here, it should be me ? I remembered you gave me your official car a few weeks after we moved into lagos and started dating. That was the first time in my life experiencing a car with air conditioning ? and every night i would sleep inside the car.? You made me a better man Lola and i owe you nothing but love and loyalty. Let me stop here because it’s our Wedding Anniversary. No need for too much talk. Happy Wedding Anniversary to us Lola we are so blessed and should be grateful to God for keeping us alive and together; failure is not our portion.

Thank you for accepting me as I am flaws & all. Thank you for the greatest gifts, our children. Thank you for helping me (us) through our career; for all the gigs, free consultations etc. Thank you for standing by me regardless of all the untruths spread about you. Thank you for caring for my Mother till her final days, even accommodating her church pastors in your home for weeks. Thank you for being an exceptional role model to our kids and being the best partner for me. I’m thankful for you, you get me, specially made for me till infinity. Oh lest I forget, thank you for my 1st air conditioned experience??….

I love you Madam Kofo (Snr), Happy 5th Wedding Anniversary Babe.? I go be your Zombie for Life?

1. Mrs chidukane

November 17, 2018 at 2:22 pm

Very well written. Happy anniversary. May your joy always be full. Lola was a big girl when psquare was nothing yet she brought down herself and dated him and people don’t want her to reap the fruit of her patience? I remember reading about her in magazines then and I remember the first time I saw their picture together in this day style. How polished she looked as always and how local he looked then. Abeg family should free them let them enjoy their love.

2. o

November 17, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Happy anniversary to them. However he couldn’t resist referring to the saga that has plagued him and his brothers? Hmmm

3. Darius

November 17, 2018 at 3:47 pm

I was moved to tears reading this. I wish you guys more years of joy, peace and love. Nothing do you Mr P. Defend your woman against those who hate her for no reason. Defend her and be unapologetic about it.

Lola is one of a kind! Who would have thought she is instumental in PSqare’s success? Correct woman, nothing do you. You deserve all the accolades. Every racial bigot will be put to shame. They will live and watch these two grow from strength to strength.

Whoever is running BN is doing an awful job. You have turned BN into a feminist blog. Are u in any way related to Buhari? You have ruined this blog just the way Mr President has ruined our economy.I salute your destructive power.

4. Darius

November 17, 2018 at 3:48 pm

5. Comment

November 17, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Wow…..Welldone Lola. He is truly lucky to have u. And Welldone Mr P for standing up for your woman. God bless your union forever and always.

6. Lilo

November 17, 2018 at 4:41 pm

Even me sef. My head is swelling for Lola. Na only one woman dey get this kind shoutout from one man? Choi. I ve always rooted for them. May God preserve their marriage

7. mulikat

November 17, 2018 at 6:43 pm

nothing like Love marriage jor, true love is hard to see, i cant stop reading this on and on peter and lola letter, God keep you together.

8. Bibi

November 17, 2018 at 8:38 pm

Happy wedding anniversary to your family. God keep you both strong for each other. Bad Belle pipo nkor!

9. Sandra

November 18, 2018 at 2:54 am

Attention seeker could not have said all this in private. Everything must be on social media. What will the likes of Peter and ubi franklin do if social media dies

Lola you are a good woman to be married to this guy oo. He talks too much on social media. Attention seeket

Hes worse than a female. Such a money miss road bush man like his brother jude too.

10. Kudi Klepto

November 18, 2018 at 4:19 am

Ladies don’t try this at home. This is the exception not tbe rule. Many women have played messiah for guys and the rest na tales by moonlight aka stories that touch. Pls use sense and gamble wisely

• Diamond

November 19, 2018 at 9:55 am

Thank you, Kudi. Two different guys have chop my money and I reset my brain. The third guy came along and I refused to let him chop my money, and he even had the effrontery to list it as one of my sins. Good riddance!

11. Nnenne

November 18, 2018 at 4:31 am

I sincerely wish you guys a happy wedding anniverzary today and for ever more!

But Peter take it easy o., You are not the only one family and friends made comments about their marriage. We get to hear this story any time you have a new song or your brother is doing well! The diplomacy is getting tiring.

Again may God continue to bless you ,your family and us all. Just enjoy your fortune in silence. Bella don’t throw away my comments.

12. chibuzor onah

November 18, 2018 at 6:46 am

in celebrate 5 years anniversary, you shall also celebrate many more years

13. Rossy petite

November 18, 2018 at 4:20 pm

Happy anniversary guys..I’m so happy for you. May your love never run dry

14. Nnaji Iyke

February 8, 2019 at 6:36 am

Happy anniversary to u both..Mr.p u are so lucky to have her as ur wife, be her zombie jor…Love all d way