Movies & TV

Yvonne Jegede confirms breakup with Husband Abounce

BellaNaija.com

For months, there have been rumours that actors Yvonne Jegede and Olakunle “Abounce” Fawole‘s marriage was in crisis.

Yvonne has now confirmed that they are no longer living together and have gone their separate ways in an exclusive interview with Pulse‘s Gbenga Bada.

“We started having issues before the birth of Xavier (their son). I think I was about two to three months pregnant when the issues came. Immediately the issues came, there was never a dull moment, it just kept going up and up and it got worse and it got bad and today here we are,” she said.

She continued: “Right now, we are not living together, and we are not living as husband and wife, we are not husband and wife anymore and I would say a mutual agreement to go our separate ways. It didn’t work out, it wasn’t working out.”

Jegede also responded to rumours about the paternity of her son Xavier, saying Abounce “is 100% sure he’s his son”.

She said:

I don’t call him. I only reached out to him when I feel the need to because he knows Xavier is his son, he is 100% sure he’s his son.

He’s been to the house twice after we got back to the country, he’s come to see his son twice and he has pictures with his son on his phone which I took so why he’s not posting them, maybe his personal reasons, maybe he’s not like me who is showing my joy to the world. I don’t know but is that enough to give me a name? No, you don’t give me a name like that. Common! That is not right, people tried to bully me or make dry joke over this, about my life, would you be happy if I were your sister but anyways, I am here, I am strong and will be strong for my son. I have morals to set for him and what the world is about.”

Yvonne told Pulse that she and Abounce had sweet moments together during their marriage.

The couple got married in 2017 and welcomed Xavier in November 2018.

1. But why

March 6, 2019 at 3:59 pm

This is the most confusing website I have seen. In an age where sites are trying to make things simpler for visitors, you folks are over complicating yours. And that trademark red colour of Bellanaija, also gone. Goodluck to you. I’m outta here.

• Ope

March 6, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Thank you for this comment please help me tell this people the website has become so busy confusing and annoying

• Dee

March 6, 2019 at 6:52 pm

I totally agree. its all so confusing and scattered looking now I find myself checking bella less

• Tincan

March 6, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Hey UP and the BN team, I have to agree, this change is terrible. Features are hard to find, comment boxes don’t always come up, I’m just not understanding. Please revert or get a better interface. As a long term visitor from blogspot days, honestly, I really dislike the look and feel. I also feel this is part of the reason why I struggle with the stylista page, just not friendly or intuitive. Please do soming…

March 9, 2019 at 8:50 am

Hello Tincan

Thank you for the constructive criticism. This is really helpful, and in the next few weeks, we will keep update to optimize the platform as best as we can.

Adesola

• Lateefah

March 6, 2019 at 9:24 pm

As in, I don’t get it! I’m so confused, I don’t even know what to click! I used 2days to locate the comment button. Where are all the topics sef?

March 9, 2019 at 9:08 am

Hello Lateefah

Thanks for your feedback.
      We’ll definitely work on making the comment box more visible.
      When you say “Where are all the topics”, please clarify what you mean.

Adesola

• Abi

March 6, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Asin! It’s really hard to navigate this website especially on a mobile phone. I will also not be visiting again.

• Me

March 6, 2019 at 10:50 pm

My thoughts exactly. Arrant nonsense! ✈️

• joy

March 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm

thank God. I actually thought i was the only one that noticed. This new format is very confusing, please bellanaija do something about it.

March 9, 2019 at 8:48 am

Hello But why,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us about the new website layout.
      We are definitely listening, and in the next few weeks, we will continue to update this new website to make it as user-friendly as possible.
      This new design was implemented so our BNers can have the best experience on our platform.
      Thanks again for your feedback.

Adesola

2. Ij

March 6, 2019 at 8:56 pm

I thought I was the only one who found this “change” unnecessary and so confusing. It’s so difficult to navigate the site. Also has too many things in your face at the same time!

• lifegal

March 7, 2019 at 3:36 am

i so agree. I find myself visiting the site less and less. The simpler design worked better

March 9, 2019 at 9:11 am

Hello Ij

Thanks for your comment.
      Change doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
      In the next few weeks we’ll keep updating the platform, using feedback from our readers.

Adesola.

3. No name

March 6, 2019 at 9:01 pm

I agree with the you….Bella Naija’s website is now very confusing to follow

March 9, 2019 at 9:10 am

Hello No name,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to comment.
      I’m sorry that you find the site confusing. I hope with time it gets easier to navigate for you.
      Also, we will keep updating the platform to make it easier for our readers.

Adesola

4. largerthanlifealice

March 7, 2019 at 10:25 am

this new website design is so stressful …i miss the old simple bella naija

5. Billionairw in grace

March 7, 2019 at 10:34 am

Thank you guys for pointing it out to BN…so BN I guess it’s time to go back to the old website design.it was so easy to navigate and find what you are looking for

6. Queen Esther

March 7, 2019 at 11:58 am

Change is difficult to accept. But we will be alright. Bella naija great job. Your new website design is innovative. It quickly arouses curiosity. I love it. I struggled with finding things at first but I’m alright. I love that you have a tab that has trending contents. Also, the menu bar has different organised sections that can be easily navigated. I love the colour of the website. I understand the difficulty the others are complaining of, but you have stepped out of your box by doing this.

• Californiabawlar

March 7, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Hmmmn… No.

The only websites that have this set up are full blown Magazine sites. Nothing wrong with that, but most people only visit pages like People or Style when they want to look up something SPECIFIC; not to actually keep up with daily updates and posts. My guess is this is what Bellanaija is going for. That’s fair enough as long as they expect the subsequent reduced traffic.

I still visit out of habit, although less and less frequently… my ADD shoots through the roof when I see the homepage ?

March 9, 2019 at 8:56 am

Hello Californiabawlar

You know we love you long time, so we do not want you to visit less and less frequently.
      We will keep working on the new design with the feedback we get to unsure our readers have a seamless transition.

Adesola

• Saywhatnow

March 7, 2019 at 2:31 pm

I think the New website is beautiful, perhaps a bit confusing because of da many changes, buh u eventually get a hang of it.I Absolutely love the new website.. Its classy..it would take some getting used to..

March 9, 2019 at 8:57 am

Hello Saywhatnow,

Yassss to you absolutely loving the new layout.
      We’re definitely still working on it, more so in the next few weeks.
      Thanks for taking time to get a hang of it.

Adesola

• KING AHASERUS

March 7, 2019 at 4:09 pm

PLease go back to the old one you can improve from there biko, let the QUEEH speak for her EYES alone.

• larz

March 7, 2019 at 5:14 pm

To each their own I guess. It is not user friendly.

Internet innovation nowadays has been made so simple that ppl can pick it up naturally without needing a how to guide. I think a key piece on human interaction element is most definitely missing in the design of this. You are right it might grow on people. But the fact is, there are people who will normally come here everyday as part of their routine and once they break off that habit because they feel it is more hassle than it is worth, you may lose them forever.

It took days for me to realise how to post a comment and then am still not sure if I am doing it properly self.

Oh and the organised sections where there before in the old BN site.

• Lol

March 7, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Well, if change is bad, it shouldn’t be accepted. I understand your trying to be positive but the honest truth is that this new layout / design isn’t working for MAJORITY of visitors. It is not at all working!

• Ij

March 8, 2019 at 4:50 am

I guess time and statistics of users will tell if the change is worth it

March 9, 2019 at 8:54 am

Hello Queen Esther,

Thank you for opening yourself up to the new design. We will definitely keep working on it, using feedback from our readers.

Adesola

7. whocares

March 7, 2019 at 2:36 pm

you know things are bad when you find yourself on Linda Ikeji blog constantly. I don’t love this new layout, but it is not the worst I have seen, but it is truly confusing. One thing I liked the old layout for was because it was clear. Now this confuses me, but it is what it is.. linda ikeji isn’t all that bad honestly, just don’t read the comments, or bother commenting, and brace yourself to read some truly gory and mundane stories.. *cries in is this what life is now*

now to this, ahh i am truly sorry this has happened. To have to deal with a broken heart, a new baby and now public scrutiny all at once. I hope she has a nice and wide circle of friends and family to help her get through this moment.

March 9, 2019 at 8:58 am

Hello whocares

Thank you for taking the time to comment and share some feedback for us.
      We’re listening. We’re constantly updating.

Adesola

8. JULIE

March 7, 2019 at 3:02 pm

So difficult to navigate i thought i was just me

March 9, 2019 at 8:59 am

Hello Julie

Thanks for your feedback.
      Can you share what exactly makes it difficult to navigate? Some constructive criticism will help us as we continue to update and note necessary changes.

Adesola

9. Lol

March 7, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Plus, one of the things I very much liked was seeing the number of likes a particular comment had.

So, in a nutshell confusing layout + overly busy site + no likes + hard to find info = a No from me. My 2 cents.

10. Aurora

March 7, 2019 at 9:43 pm

This new website outlay is so ridiculous. Good luck BN team because I’m not coming back. I will get my gist and pictures from Instagram from now on since y’all want to be complicated.

March 9, 2019 at 9:03 am

Hello Aurora

Thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts about the new layout.
      Kindly share some specific dissatsfactions so we can work on the platform to give you a better experience.

Adesola

11. Mitchell

March 7, 2019 at 11:39 pm

Change can be difficult but that doesn’t mean change is bad. Think about it “Was Instagram easy to use when it started” so many people can’t operate snap chat till today but they will go there to use the filters regardless. So I say, give it some time.

March 9, 2019 at 9:03 am

Hello Mitchell

Thank you for being open to the change on our platform.
      All change takes time and patience. Thank you have having both.

Adesola

• Smh

March 9, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Kontinu replying with your generic template until the number of your blog visitors drop to zero. Smh