Eldee – Best I Ever Had (Naija-Mix)

Eldee‘s remix of Canadian rapper Drake’s ‘Best I Ever Had‘. Eldee is riding high at the moment – Big Boy was a monster hit and he’s expecting his first baby soon. Congrats!

24 Comments on Eldee – Best I Ever Had (Naija-Mix)
  • AMAKA July 13, 2009 at 10:24 am

this song is so hot in USA and Canada. please leave this song to drake. your remix is a nice song but come on now.
    lol
    nice song but please leave it for drake.
    adn the voice editing in the studio is too much? i can just hear all the artificals put in the voice in the chorus.
    but let me stop “hating/criticizing”

• Mimi July 13, 2009 at 12:56 pm

abeg Eldee should go put his backside somewhere jooo, that Drake’s song is too hawwwwt he should not touch it!!! remix ko, remix ni

• Nkay July 13, 2009 at 2:38 pm

You’re not hating- it’s the damn truth!

• Larry July 13, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Is this song a joke? LMAO. He sounds like a broke down t-pain. My friend, get out jo!
    Where is the originality- “Funmi u the best”… Er, ok sha.

• Kies July 13, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Boy you killed it,love it love it love it,shows this eldee boy is a real talent,did’nt take that long for the boy to put this beautiful version out,boy you know your music,i hope you read this one to be inspired,love it for real… People who hate are just jealous you could put this one out in such a short time,they wish it were them who put it out.

• Kpakpando Nwanyi July 13, 2009 at 4:32 pm

The original song is blah, and this remix is blah as well.

This is not about eldee specifically
    Many Nigerian artists are getting away with repeating the same lines from 2 albums ago, talking about the same three subjects and putting out substandard crap and calling it music; and people (fans, their entourages) are surrounding them telling them they’re good and the song is hot, meanwhile, back at the ranch we’re stuck with …

• Bola July 13, 2009 at 5:03 pm

not just with Nigeria.
    music globally is becoming extremely cliche…

But omo i like the “Funmi ure the best, Kemi ure the best, Onome …”
    big smiles to that

• tony July 13, 2009 at 5:33 pm

TOO MAD!
    I LOVE IT!

o and 9ja peeps agian not supporting there own! you go into a studio and do your own then we will see.dont be mad he did not mention your name .

• Cici July 13, 2009 at 5:40 pm

A lot of music out there is just garbage. No real talent anymore. Now it’s ok to just use profanity in songs. Drake and Lil’ Wayne is also garbage, I will rather listen to this one than the original, even though i don’t care for the song. Eldee is talented.

• cham July 13, 2009 at 6:33 pm

this is daft yo!

• Funmi July 13, 2009 at 9:12 pm

When will my Naija folks learn that because you critic something does not mean it’s jealousy.”Contructive” criticism will only make you a better person.
    As for the song, I agree o. I’m tired of all this “ebute meta meta meta” type songs, if you want to remix a popular American song, kuku do a remix with the artist then we will know that you are really a “big boy”. Eldee you have talent, don’t fall for all these promo gimmicks eh. Don’t disappoint me (not that he cares about me). I’m feeling the funmi you’re the best part though. ha ha

• Dorah July 14, 2009 at 12:51 am

Where’s the originality in Naija music? I’ve tried so hard to get into it, but I can’t. I dunno why it’s so contrived to me, but I mean these artists gotta keep on keeping on and perfect their art more.

• policeisyourfriend July 14, 2009 at 2:27 am

so we must support it just becos it is Nigerian abi?

• me July 14, 2009 at 10:26 am

I CRINGE
    I REALLY CRINGE

• nkechi July 14, 2009 at 4:49 pm

Why is it okay for Jay to remix a hot song and eLDee not to? How does that show a lack of creative juices? Kanye is a genius cos he samples damn near all his stuff, but if it was a 9ja artist na wahala o! I just want objectivity even in criticism.

I’m just mad he didn’t shout out Ibo girls in the song! Onome is not Ibo!

• Ginger July 14, 2009 at 4:54 pm

I dont get it… he’s calling different names… which one is the best he ever had?

• Nneka July 14, 2009 at 5:20 pm

Love the chorus….ehm…how about “Nneka you’re the best”…sounds igbotic enough. ha!
    After psyching all of us here, we know Dolapo is the best o jere.
    But I’m not feeling the cursing part. Still a hot number! Go Eldee!

• Kies July 15, 2009 at 1:53 am

what’s up with these yoruba girls and their criticizing of the names that were mentioned,can’t we all just be Nigerians regardless of the tribe…bet you most of the senseless comments are always made by yoruba girls,sensing some self esteem issue already , “Onome” is an Urhobo or Isoko name,if you don’t know where these tribes are…they are in delta state,go kill urselves for all i care.

As for Nneka,next remix please!

• Akosua July 15, 2009 at 5:09 am

He needs to redo it and mention more names than that. I didnt hear my name so i cant dig it

• Elegbede Muyiwa July 15, 2009 at 12:43 pm

i ll have to put this song on my blog http://muyiwa12.blogspot.com

• Funmi July 15, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Jay probably re-mixed with the Artists Knowledge. I doubt eldee asked anybody

• buffy July 16, 2009 at 3:55 pm

me i like ds song wella,evn dou its stolen.eldee is still a talented musician and lurv him,wish cld get ds on my phone.

• sexxy babe July 17, 2009 at 5:27 am

Love it. Go eldee!!!

• Cici July 18, 2009 at 10:31 pm

I’m sorry, a lot of nigerian artists have more talent than all these American artists. If Nigerian artists get more publicity like American artists, they will be giving a lot of these artists out there a run for their money.

There’s nothing wrong with him doing remix, artists do it all the time. I would rather listen to Eldee’s remix, bcos it’s less profanity or garbage. Honestly, he did a good job, by putting those words in it, and they actually make sense.