Nigeria’s TV darling is BACK! Funmi Iyanda screens ‘Talk With Funmi’

Posted on Sunday, October 18th, 2009 at 10:17 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Funmi Iyanda is back!
The much loved Nigerian talk show host held a screening of her new show ‘Talk With Funmi‘ at the Silverbird Cinema in Victoria Island Lagos on Friday 16th of October 2009.
TWF is a multi-segment variety show set in multiple locations across Nigeria. It brings truly inspiring real life stories, fresh perspectives of our diverse cultures, tangible information and inspirational experiences of real people from various parts of the country into the homes of Nigerians in a fun filled engaging and entertaining manner.
Anchoring this unique program is the talented and outstanding broadcaster, Funmi Iyanda, who is well known with ‘New Dawn with Funmi’, a programme which ran on national TV for eight years. She is also a multi-award winning journalist, blogger and writer as well as a fellow of both the Desmond Tutu African Leadership Institute and the Aspen Institute’s African Leadership Initiative.
TWF takes Funmi and her crew round the entire 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, to bring the Nigerian story alive. Four states have been visited so far and the first 13 episodes of the show have been shot and fully edited. The show will be premiered on DSTV’s Africa Magic & Magic World(Primetime), NTA/AIT and other selected stations around Nigeria, with an international cut scheduled for a major UK network.
See photos from the screening below. We’ll have more photos from the screening as well as the full scoop on TWF on BellaNaija.com soon…

Funmi Iyanda with Lagos State Governor - Babatunde Fashola

Funmi Iyanda with Lagos State Governor - Babatunde Fashola

Guy Murray Bruce of the Silverbird Group with Funmi Iyanda

Guy Murray Bruce of the Silverbird Group with Funmi Iyanda

Dr Doyin Abiola

Dr Doyin Abiola

Funmi chats with Ijeoma Ogwuegbu & Soni Irabor

Funmi chats with Ijeoma Ogwuegbu & Soni Irabor

Guests at the TWF Screening

Guests watch TWF at the screening

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 30 Comments on “Nigeria’s TV darling is BACK! Funmi Iyanda screens ‘Talk With Funmi’”

Comments
    • OlaoluwaTY October 19, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Thumbs up to Funmi. I love her zeal and drive and she sure knows how to let her hair down after all the work. still remember seeing her in bum shorts and stilletos about 2 yrs ago in Bacchus :)

• FirstIWantToDanceWithYouPere October 19, 2009 at 1:42 AM

gotta love Funmi Iyanda

• rubyred October 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM

I love this woman! She’s always looking for the next big thing – amazing foresight.

• Tminx October 19, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Absolutely loved the show and the genuine vibe I get from her compared to some other hosts.

• Juno October 19, 2009 at 7:45 AM

Truly amazing is what describes Funmi! I love sheer joy of life and truly connecting with people. Can’t wait to see the new show. She’s a great role model for Naija Youth and an inspiration to everyday folks. Love you much Funmi.

• Just saying October 19, 2009 at 9:48 AM

totally love her!!! and d screening was fab too. cnt wait for d show to air. she is an amazing role model.

• Juli Egele October 19, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I’m so glad she’s back..i knew she’d definitely come back bigger & better. I love everything abt her,especially her advocacy 4 the rights of women and children.

• Aramide October 19, 2009 at 10:41 AM

:) and we need more of this kind of stuff, what she’s doing

well done xx

• tele October 19, 2009 at 12:34 PM

keep it anty funmi,i love your shows,more wisdom from above…keep living ur dreams sista

• Mark October 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM

yeah yeah whatever. i love funmi but she definitely writes better than she speaks. Truth be told

• Ana October 19, 2009 at 2:09 PM

I really love Ms Iyanda, she is so real, down to earth, focused , and very passionate bout what she does.
      Sub conciously or not, i tend to compare her with Mo Abudu and Mo’s show to me lacks depth, maybe cos she started with all the “celebrity” talk show stuff so its kinda hard to take her seriously….shes not even helping either, she snagged an interview with Sanusi yet didnt even bother do her home work properly on the banking crisis so she came across not intelligent enough….i’d love to see what funmi iyanda would have done with such an opportunity…..

• Honey-pot October 19, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Sorry Funmi Iyanda doesn’t do it for me, I prefer “Moments with Mo”, Mo is a class act and is more polished; maybe because she is beginning to rub off on me as we watch her regularly here in the US.

• Tolani October 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM

@ Mark- Your comments are drooping with bad belle- at least she can write and she can speak well!!! No fake ‘fone’, real, African & intelligent. Deal with it!

Cant wait to see the show. When is it starting pls? And does anyone know if she still has her live audience? Just cant wait!!!

ps- I wonder how Mo feels? I like Moments with Mo, but I just think Funmi is more authentic.

• Omozele October 19, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I cant wait for the show please can she have a youtube page so people in North America can catch a few episodes? bella does she have a website what is the address please?

• mary October 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM

its your truth it does not have to be our own truths

• KK October 20, 2009 at 2:59 AM

welcome back Funmi.
      I am no fan of yours.i think the size 0 weight obsession makes my skin crawl but you are good at what you do.
      i hope you put that fake wanna be called Mo in her place.
      This is naija and we like it naija style.
      real,original and authentic.
      Moment with Mo does not do it for me at all.
      If Funmi had a decent fraction of the resources Moment with Mo had at its disposal, she would be flying.
      What do you by saying that Mo is more polished?
      That is a vague statement that i seriously doubt.

• KK October 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM

i don’t know about the role model thing but i agree with every other bit of your comment.

• Secret Lover October 20, 2009 at 3:54 AM

happy birthday Omozele *wink*

• Elpee October 20, 2009 at 7:12 AM

have you considered that the size 0 might be something she has no control over and is blessed with. My sis doesnt put on weight and she eats all d fast food you can think about…shes a 00.

• Adaure October 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Haba my people……the SKY is big enough for everyone….let’s stop comparing and be happy that they are each doing their thing and their bit to up the ante in the game in Nigeria. The two women are different in their styles let’s just appreciate what they are bringing to the table….and if you must criticize do it in private and be constructive rather than bring them down in the very classic Nigerian way.
      Anyways catch Funmi Iyanda on Today on STV talking about her new show on Wednesday (sorry had to throw in the shameless plug…lol)

• Adaure's Secret Crush October 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Adaure…, yummy. lol!

• Secret Lover October 21, 2009 at 4:03 AM

abeg they are two public personalities and people will compare them!!thats just the way it is!

• regine October 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I hope u realize that there are women who try so hard to gain more flesh – i am one of them. No matter what we eat or do, it is nearly impossible to add more, so please my dear don’t look down on pple becos of their size – in the end it all boils down to what makes them up! Funmi Iyanda has given ladies like myself so many things to love about themselves and besides i met her once at Unilag’s Fagunwa hall and she was just like the Lady next door – down to earth, cute and real! That did it for me and i am glad she is back.

• Green October 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM

YAY!!!! She’s back, I know we are not supposed to compare he with Mo but Mo sets my teeth on edge, I just want to give her a roundhouse kick anytime she’s on tv, Aunty Funmi is a welcome respite

• Lola October 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Have never watched funmi’s show, so can’t do much comparison. Anything wld be better that Mo though. Mo is definately not a natural, she’s gotten better with time, but she still doesn’t do it for me. she just comes across as fake and as if she’s forcing it. Look forward to catching funmi on DSTV.

• Shubbie October 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM

hello, pls where do u get to watch mo in the US, ild like to watch her too. Thanks.

• Bola #1 October 22, 2009 at 4:11 AM

I love Funmi Iyanda’s down to earth personality.
      She’s keeping it real with herself – and I believ that is what her audience appreciates about her.

Mo- havent watched it that much, but it may just be her own flava of doing things.

Anyways, Funmi rocks! :)

• KK October 22, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Why must we criticize them in private?
      Sin is the only thing you are permitted to commit in private, even that will be revealed in due season.
      They are doing similar things despite being different personality types.
      And the obvious fact is that Mo ain’t it at all.
      That is my personal opinion.
      My dislike for Funmi is well detailed but because i am trying to be objective, i restate my respect for her ability, naturalness and infectious enthusiasm and all round ability for as a presenter.

• Artsville October 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Gosh, Na wa for us Nigerians sha, the things we say. Someday some of you will be said very stupid things to. Go Funmi, Go Mo, I don’t like either women’s show but I respect them for their work and tenacity.

• Hilda December 6, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Different personalities, different interest. Ellen Degeneres, Oprah, Tyra, et al, different individuals with different ways of presenting their interest. Some are better than others, it’s all about what excites your imagination has the viewers. I haven’t seen Mo, so i really can’t say if she’s bad or good. Has for Funmi, she tries not to imitate anyone, she’s unique in her style, she has a certain kind of interest that she brings across to her audiences. I think with the new show, since she’s going out there to the public, she’ll win more fans. She has followers already and they will continue to follow whether she tanks or not. All the best with the new show Funmi, you’re doing well and giving hope to the coming generation.