Nigerian-American model Adaora Akubilo is one of the lucky models who got a coveted spot in Sports Illustrated’s 2012 Swuimsuit Edition.
The annual swimsuit issue has elevated the careers of supermodels and superstars including Tyra Banks and Beyonce. Adaora was photographed by Walter Iooss Jr. in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

Nigerian supermodel, Oluchi has been featured in several editions of SI’s swimsuit issue. Good to see another Nigerian model on the rise.

Model Kate Upton is the cover girl for the 2012 issue. In 2007, Adaora participated in the NBC Reality Show, “Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search”, she didnt win but has now made her way into the magazine.

Congrats!

Click Here to Vote for Adaora as SI Swimsuit Issue’s Rookie of the Year

Adaora at the SI 2012 Suimsuit Issue Party

63 Comments on Nigerian-American Model Adaora Akubilo featured in Sports Illustrated’s 2012 Swimsuit Issue – Photos
  • cathy February 15, 2012 at 3:01 pm

see body na…………………… cool

• Ginika February 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Oya, I’m now off to the gym to get back into shape so I can look like her :)

• chai February 15, 2012 at 3:33 pm

She looks stunningly beautiful. Not all bones, just the right size and her face is captivating too.

• Couture By Makioba February 15, 2012 at 3:33 pm

shaiiiii….my fat self ooooooo :(

• Mafia February 15, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Not a fan of red.. but I think I may have to get a red bikini for the summer. Adaora has given me inspiration! And for that, I’ve voted for her. Btw, BN, that Sport Illustrated VOTE link is so small, I almost passed it! Not good!! Please make it bigger so the girl can move up past 3rd place oh!!!

• pipi February 15, 2012 at 9:16 pm

wait!…they hv one? didnt see it b4 i read ur post…going to recheck.

• fisayo February 15, 2012 at 4:02 pm

so proud to be nigerian…miss sexy

• lolly February 15, 2012 at 4:06 pm

am a girl.. no homo intended, but shes hawt!!!

• m2 February 15, 2012 at 4:22 pm

isn’t she lovely!

• Tiki February 15, 2012 at 4:29 pm

*covers boyfriend’s eyes*

• somewhereinmoscow February 15, 2012 at 4:32 pm

congrats to her! thats a big one…
    meanwhile guys, pls check out the new songs on my blog!

• UsaveOne February 15, 2012 at 4:33 pm

I love the 3rd pics…

• Gidi Girl February 15, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Dang!!!!! I am going to the gym!!! LOL

• Ice queen February 15, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Lovely skin you’ve got there gurl!

• Bellar February 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm

gym can’t help y’all o! better stop eating designer stew and stuff. haha!

• Nomy February 15, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Chai!!!! Am off to ask my boyfriend if he likes Bellanaija! He must not see this at all at all!

• Miss NIRA February 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Dayuumm!!!

• Cesca February 15, 2012 at 7:25 pm

She’s really gorgeous! Nigerian girls are doing it big!

• pelola February 15, 2012 at 7:46 pm

see her abs!!!Men to die for

• Adia February 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Seer her natural hair! Dear God, I want abs please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Zara February 15, 2012 at 9:11 pm

She’s hottt!!! And I love that she’s rocking natural hair.

• deedee February 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm

the difference between ppl that comment on bella naija n linda ikeji sha..huge difference.
    lol..
    in other news, this model is absolutely stunning and this is huge for her too. congrats!!

• raplica handbags February 15, 2012 at 11:04 pm

she is so attractive hmmm.she gonna b future top rated model and she is so lucky

• Edson February 15, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Adaora is stunning! No fat, no bones, appealing skin, pretty face. The sky is your limit, dear. Keep doing us proud. Innocent Beauty!

• Miola February 16, 2012 at 7:07 am

@ deedee I was gonna say same, ppl on
    Linda ikeji attacked her for posing ” nude”. Lol up skinny girls!!!! We run the world cos ……? Reminds me of my vacation in padre island …..big ups honey .

• Priscy February 16, 2012 at 9:46 am

she’s so gorgeous…lovely body

• Amy February 16, 2012 at 10:22 am

Is dat why she should pose nude? Na waoo, ppl do tins now not bordering wat God tinks. we only tink of d earthly gains. Cos u r a model, u ll now show ur nude pix 2 d whole world.

• practicalgirl February 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

I was beginning to wonder if Nigerians had lost their minds and values until I read Amy’s comment. Yes she’s a very pretty girl and we are proud that a Nigerian girl is being recognised for being a top model other than the negative things Nigerians are known for abroad but that does not make it right that she’s posing half naked. Something’s gone wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians and its the fault of westernisation. we should be proud of who we are as a pple and what makes us unique; is going nude in public the legacy we want to leave for the younger generation? It is our collective duty to protect our values because the west will NEVER emulate us. Let’s ponder on this…..

• LM February 17, 2012 at 12:32 am

Take it easy…live a little

• Ginika February 17, 2012 at 10:19 am

Practical girl, I commend you for your modest philosophy I uphold the same principles. However, do you know how tyrants come about? I’ll tell you, when you put a person in power and they force their beliefs on the citizens. Either their way or they kill you. I won’t go posing in my bikin because of what I believe in but I wont throw stones at her because she doesnt believe in what I believe in.

Be careful that you don’t start taking the seat of judgement except you are leading people and you have to uphold the law. The only time you should pass on judgements is when you are leading people and are in some sort of power, then you can pass it on them.

• Invincible February 17, 2012 at 1:55 pm

In fact ehn I am sending u a MAHOOOOOOSSSSIVE HUG over the internet cos u said everything I was thinking. Just because one route depicts YOUR values does not mean it dhould be imposed on others. SPOT ON.

• fabulous_guy February 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm

practicalgirl,ohpuhleaze go shove ur sermon elsewhere! wakeup and look at the calender! this is 2012 not 1906! its just a photograph, not like she is walking the road naked

• osarieme February 16, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Wow, stop preaching preacher! Lovely body.

• Afronubia February 16, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Practical girl and Amy please shut your traps and keep your religious views to yourself. its a nice body and she has every right to flaunt it. Didnt your ancestors walk around naked? Because some ‘missionaries’ brought ‘religion’ to you you think you’re better than other people abi? Show love abeg

• Lenora February 16, 2012 at 6:21 pm

That neck!!!!!!!!!! Woah, it just makes me think” Oh Gosh, God is indeed the greatest artist! That neck is elegance defined!

• marvel February 16, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Tell them o… The same nude they are complaining about is how they come to the world. Live and let live!

• Bisoye February 17, 2012 at 8:57 am

What I like the most about this is that SI is expanding its idea of beauty. Before, even the Black girls in the body issue would have permed hair, more likely weaves. I love that a chocolate beauty with natural hair was added to the mix…sexy comes in all colors and hairstyles, and I like that it’s slowly being accepted in the media. #Bighairdontcare.

• Amy February 17, 2012 at 11:22 am

@ Ginika my sis, nobody is judging her or throwing stone on her, but instead of commending her 4 posing nude, we should try n say d truth. No mother ll be proud of seeing her daughter pose did way not 2 talk of God. Wat has happen 2 morality n our value system?

• oyesiji Olabisi February 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

Live and let live too, we all can never think and live our life the same ways. .who are we to condemn others?

• Amy February 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

@ Afronubia, It is because we love her dat why we are telling her 2 cover up. Ppl keep saying stop preaching, dis is same us ll still run 2 God in times of trouble. Take it or not we are all religious n can neva throw God aside in our everyday activities. Cheers.

• nabila February 18, 2012 at 12:02 am

Am sorry she’s good looking,,nothing sexy about her,,,she’s 2 skinny,nd no am not hating,just stating my opinion…nd I agree with amy ,I wonder why girls from the south n east love 2 expose ther bodies!! Waiting foR the insultts! Lmao!! 5,4,3,2,1

• sugar belly February 18, 2012 at 7:51 pm

@nabila nobody will insult you, but you saying there is nothing sexy and that she is too skinny, pls are you sexy? do have the body to pose on a bkikni? i don’t know why people hate on skinny girls, anyways no be their fault say na them get luck for things like modelling, beauty contest only a slim girl can represent not all those fat ladies that men refer to as being endowed so haters back off adaora is very beautiful,sexy,charming,adorable, and lovely lady people should stop promoting fat in the name of being african that is bullshit, she is healthy, before of all those bad mouth out of hate will say anorexia, that someone is slim does not mean that they are hungry this models are making millions just for one shoot, if you got it flaunt it is not easy to have a body like that.

• Lexy February 21, 2012 at 3:00 am

i’M WITH AMY. SOrry that i dont agree with her being naked like everyone else. I’m sorry that I have a “backwards” mentality. Amy/practical girl arent judging. its a sad world we live in. Speaking truth now is judging. Everyone attacking amy/practical girl have a seat ——> _/

• MRA February 28, 2012 at 12:44 pm

You spoke my mind…Speaking the truth is now called ‘judging’? How hypocritical to use that word (Judge) to accuse others anytime you have a differing opinion. Forgetting you are just as ‘guilty’.
      Yay! Nigerians are going places. And yes! She does have an enviable body (for those of us who aren’t so comfortable wearing a swimming suit in public). It still doesn’t justify nudity.
      The people comparing present day nudity to the old times should think again. Then it was their way of life. They knew no other way or had very little options. Look at the Victorian times – women dresses covered up to their neck. Why? With time comes knowledge and maturity. I am not all for wearing a turtle neck and long flowing gowns just to show ‘my chastity’. I love short gowns and skirts and can show my arms from time to time when I’m confident they won’t jiggle much.
      But let’s call a spade a spade. In our present day, the main reason for dressing skimpy or near nude is to look ‘sexy’. Basically to ensure someone lusts after you. It all boils down to the intention(s) behind the dressing.
      Go back to your village in a bikini and let’s see if you survive!

• itk February 21, 2012 at 4:25 am

i love her hair! Gbam! – she’s cute but could do with teeny bit of weight – say 5 more lbs -

• Mak Nisy CEO February 21, 2012 at 2:42 pm

lovely picture and HOTTT chic… topless or not i dont think is left for any of us to judge… cast the first stone they say… http://www.maknisy.com.ng

• OMALICHA February 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

its funny how ppl jab her for “posing nude”…. first that is not nudity…lol, well, not completly…ppl going on wid this religion crap, what do think God said to our forefathers wen they were naked,….the fact of the matter is that our NAKED ancestors were far more virteous than this CLOTHED generation could ever be. PLS don’t forget the liitle incident wid Adam and Eve, u knw.. the part wen they decided to clothe thememselves and how GOD felt… keep that in mind before you critize and jab… n if u don,t look that good, just knw it is jealousy.. THE GIRL IS PRETTY.. :).. its is not easy for us..lol

• Bob February 25, 2012 at 4:22 am

WOW!! She is very HOTTT!! absolutely stunning..I can picture her on the cover..soon!!

• finey* February 28, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Pls pls pls!! Wots  fuss about? Nude or ‎​​​no nude its ‎​​​no sin, its only å sin when U̶̲̥̅̊ look at her n lust aafter her in ‎​ƴơŭґ mind besides we came to the world naked n naked we shall return.
    Hav U̶̲̥̅̊ kept all  rules in  bible? Pls Ada is fine jorr

• habeeba February 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

aha ah *singing in stevie wonder’s voice*…isnt she lovely?

• worried March 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

ha! its a pity and a shame what being “sexy” and “modern” means nowadays. True, she ‘s beautiful but be sincere how many of u can pose like dat- half nude and can u allow ur daughter to do the same…………. think deeply………………..

• laila March 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Na wa o!!!! So skinny girls DO look good naked!!!! So much for all dat ‘fleshy’ consolation :( :( :/

• Bencoben April 15, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Girs possing they nude is not good.

• Bencoben April 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I use ds opty to Hi! to my beloved once

• Vivalicious June 22, 2012 at 1:37 pm

eish there we go again Nigerian American why do you people like to say that just because she has lived there for a long time she is now an American na wa for you people.

• Allen February 24, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Honest people. It’s the smile. Most beautiful smile I ever see on a model. They just look pouty, but this one be happy, real and says the person is OK: in sack or bikini.

• checkz March 3, 2013 at 3:11 pm

well i can sense why igbo people are not quick to boast of her. The nudity is never a thing they are known for…. but of course, this one is strictly business.

• Christy A October 15, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I am happy for her to be doing what she loves. I heard that her dad was not happy at first for her going into modeling because she was so smart and she was supposed to go for academics. I could never bring that up to my family. I am supposed to be academic even though I was so good at track and field and soccer and I could have played for any of the professional teams here in the USA and made very good money and even gone as for as the Olympics. Once again congrats to you.