Posted on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at 1:32 PM

By Damilare Aiki

Two Words – Super Hot!

Nigerian supermodel/entrepreneur, Oluchi Orlandi smoulders on StyleMania’s Independence Issue in a colorful tube dress by Ere Dappa and chic short crop.

Also inside StyleMania’s October 2012 Issue which commemorates the 52nd Independence Anniversary of Nigeria, are features on Lagos Fashion and Design Week finalists, who express optimism at clinching the top prize and profiles of Nigerian veterans, Bruce Onabrakpeya and Opral Benson as well as Beauty Mania’s traditional hairstyles and hair tips.

Credits

Next Rated
Photographer: Kelechi Amadi Obi
Make-Up: Bimpe Onakoya
Make-Up Assistants: Dorcas Otobo & Remi Alugo

Oluchi in Africa’s Next Top Model by Oluchi shirt
Photographer: Marc Baptiste

For further enquires, subscription and back issues kindly call 07058109821 | e-mail editor@maniamag.org

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 34 Comments on “Demure Elegance! Nigerian Supermodel/Entrepreneur, Oluchi Orlandi covers StyleMania’s October 2012 “Independence” Issue”

Comments
    • nems October 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

WOW! Oluchi looks amazing.

• MyHairmyBeautyNIGERIA.com October 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Ohh we lovvvvve this! Everyone is rocking the pixie!

• Zod! October 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Oluchi is stunningly beautiful but this shoot has managed to make her look so ordinary.There is no supermodel quality to it,just plain photographs that could be showing any rail thin girl. She is almost camera shy and her brows on the cover look smudged. If I were Oluchi,I’d take out an injunction against everyone who had anything to do with that shoot.

• Omega Female October 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM

The point of this shoot, in my opinion, is to show oluchi in her true self, not as a supermodel but as oluchi. i think the photographer did a great job in letting her personality shine through. Oluchi is naturally shy and easy going, and she has this innocent, fresh look; it matches the background… the point is to emphasize nature. Every single trait is intact in the pictures; i love them.

• Laiza Lounge October 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Personal Review: Oluchi looks lovely as always! The cover=Plain. I expected more. I still love StyleMania Mag, but I’ll appreciate if Nigerian fashion mags (in general) bring out their monthly editions earlier. C’mon its already Oct17th and this is supposed to be independence day issue. For most intl mags, @ least we get to see who’s on the cover of Nov edition, by end of October. As in, by October I should be itching to read November edition already. This is honestly late and I trust it can be changed!

• Chattyzee October 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM

A mud house never looked so good. Nice photography.

• Ajoke October 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I like this, very nice.

• konnie October 17, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Looking stunning. I’ll buy that your DVD and go to work.

Looking good girl

• helly October 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Another great issue from StyleMania. They finally got Oluchi. Well done guys.

• Missasokoro October 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Jesus!!! Completely took my breath away. She looks fabulous!!!

• huh? October 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I absolutely luv oluchi,wowwwwwwww I adore her.she is plain simple and cute….I adore her more because we have thesame physique…the photographer did an amazing job,simple but cute,make her look so young,like a 19 yrs old virgin…can’t wait for her show

• wowwwwwwwwwwww October 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I luv the skin tone,I don’t wanna be light anymore,what do I do? How did they make her look so young? After 2 kids?young forever…when I see young girls claiming 25 and co,I smh,it not all about your age,but how you look…..so pls spare us with those fake age girls seem to be proclaiming!

• veer520 October 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i didnt get super model from these pics… mayb its just me

• iamfascinating October 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM

stunning!

• queen October 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I have never seen her in short hair. As in OMG it look so nice. And that dress is gorg. can be a versace.

• temitola October 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM

She looks different in a nice way. me love it.

• uzo October 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

stylemania trying the beauty image look so backwards. Good they feature MLFW…

• ty October 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM

stunning stunning stunning! absolutely flawless

• Tosin October 18, 2012 at 7:36 AM

If there was a best cover award in Naija mags, Mania would get it. This Oluchi one made me remember the (Igbotic) song “wonderful, marvellous, are the works of our God o, great is Thy name eehh…”
      The mag also brings some creative features to the table. Far from literary, but interesting airhead material. #nice

• feyi A October 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

this oluchi fine no be small. beautiful

• hawtmom October 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

muaaaaaaaaah! top notch quality!!!

• tsemaye October 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

how else can the photographer make it better ,this is oluchi and all there is to her.Kelechi Obi Amadi is one of the best in naija and i think he did a good job.Oluchi looks fab i must say and has created a life for herself career still on,married with kids too.Looking forward to her show.girl power keep on rocking

• Mma October 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    • tybay October 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Oluchi’s pixie hairdo is so cute, plus he looks great after 2 kids (This goes for those who won’t let us breathe because they always prattle on about that a certain A-list actress that has four kids and maintains her shape). I also heart the “code mixing” and “native art” pictures. Wish i could have them… *sigh*

• tybay October 19, 2012 at 1:14 PM

*prattle on about a certain A-list actress*

• Chizo October 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Oluchi is a fine woman but not as beautiful as people say. She is not even as pretty as the young girl who won Miss Elite… My opinion..

• Temitope Oluleye a.k.a Temmie October 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Na wa o! I wonder what Oluchi’s beauty secret is? Black is beautiful no matter what! We are blessed and beautiful! I am proud to be African. Oluchi, more vaseline to your elbow o! Cheers!

• Joan October 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM

This is probably Kelechi’s best work ever. His work is never this refined. Good on him. Oluchi looks great.

• [...] Named “Nigeria’s National Treasure” by the fashion publication, the mother of two and wife to Luca Orlandi, the creative director of Milan based fashion house, Luca Luca, speaks to the mag on all things Oluchi as she gears up to hosting Africa’s version of Tyra Banks‘ America’s Next Top Model (ANTM) show billed to air soon. Story and image by BellaNaija. [...]

• Usaveone October 21, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Nice one… Oly babe

• faith October 21, 2012 at 2:23 PM

omg…oluchi is so beautiful!

• Chy October 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM

To Bella, the hairstyle is not a bob. It is called simply short hair if you don’t know; but it is widely known as a pixie. Get it right.