It’s here!
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde‘s reality show will hit TV screens on the 6th of December 2012.

Check out the official press release with all the details below.
Movie star. Mom. Wife. Icon. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is an African superstar. In December, DStv audiences tuned into AfricaMagic Entertainment will get an up close and exclusive look at her personal life in the new reality series OMOTOLA: THE REAL ME!

Audiences will join the famous actress as she launches her latest movies, expands her business interests and takes on all the challenges of being a ground-breaking celebrity with fans across the continent. At the same time she remains devoted to her marriage and her family, working to maintain a balance between her professional and personal responsibilities.

Filmed on location in Lagos, London, Ghana, Miami and Kingston (Jamaica), OMOTOLA: THE REAL ME will be screened on AfricaMagic Entertainment, starting on December 6 and premiering a new episode every Thursday (18:30/21:00 CAT) for 13 weeks.

Talking about the series Omotola says nothing was off limits to the team filming her. “You will get to see everything. What we are doing is very real. It’s basically my whole life. The parts where I’m taking care of the kids, the parts where I’m taking care of the home, the parts when I am working, the parts where I’m yelling. It’s crazy. My life is crazy!

But she reassures fans that the show is designed for a wide audience. “Yes my image is ‘omosexy’ but this show is for the whole family. It’s good content for everyone.

M-Net Africa Managing Director Biola Alabi is pleased that the series will appeal to a range of viewers. “Around the world, reality series which spotlight a celebrity’s life in action remain extremely popular with audiences of all ages, from different walks of life. Audiences love that they can see the stars as they go about their daily lives; as they chase their dreams; as they live, love, work and play.

She also praises Omotola for allowing a sneak peek into her world. “It’s not easy to have cameras following you, filming you in your good moments and your ‘not so good’ moments. Omotola is already a very busy person so to let viewers share her life is a very brave step to take. Of course, she is enormously entertaining so we know that the series will be fun, interesting television which will result in a lot of texting, tweeting and talking among followers.

OMOTOLA: THE REAL ME was executive produced by IFactory Live, Oh Africa and Red Hot Concepts.

For more information on this and other programs on AfricaMagic channels, log on to www.africamagic.tv

92 Comments on BN Bytes: Look Out Kim Kardashian, Omo T is here! “Omotola: The Real Me” Reality Show hits TV Screens on the 6th of December 2012
  • Diva November 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

hmmm. na wa

• Diva November 20, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Really like there are so many things to do to keep the money flowing. I dont mean to burst Omotola’s bubble; she’s a talented actress, gorgeous woman and from the what ive read, a good business woman, but a reality show about your life??? Not the way to go. Instead of follow the path of kim k, Mrs. Eastwood, Ice and Coco, to name a few, you should be looking to going where others have not gone and creating your own path. She’s one actress i like a lot so i just had to speak my mind. No disrespect, i’m just a tad bit disappointed. But goodluck to her

• Dora November 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Kindly tell us where others have not go…Any ideas…cause i wanna cash in

• Anuri November 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Hnmmmm!! Cant wait to see this.

• Diva November 20, 2012 at 1:26 pm

• madam November 20, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Lips sealed….hope it doesn’t flop Shaa o

• dami November 20, 2012 at 1:48 pm

This is beauty, real beauty, omotola has got it all form head to toe, her beauty is that that glows always, as the year is rolling by, her beauty keeps radiating like it will never fail. With this reality show, she is indeed here to stay for many decades to come.

• Barbara November 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I totally agree with you this. I absolutely love Omotola and as regards the reality Show, all I can say is about time. There is so much drama over here that can definitely beat the kardashians and the rest of them and I have been wondering when Nigerian celebrities will be bold enough to share their lives in the open.
      Big ups to her and I will definitely be watching out for the show.

Barbara
      http://barbsiesmusings.blogspot.com/ (Nigerian’s no1 makeup blog)

• Chattyzee November 20, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I’m sure she’ll do great, as always.

• sunday November 20, 2012 at 1:50 pm

YEAH! better watch out kim, Omotola the African screen goddess is here! Am glad for her cos she is a pace setter, someone who always strive to do what has not been done, i say kudos to her strength and talent.

• deji November 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

She has that heavenly beauty glowing around her, cos i am always constant of how to describe this special woman. I will definitely stay glue to ma tv to watch the show.

• versence November 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Not impressed one bit! Reality TV ke? OmoT why now? You should stick to what you know how to do best. Anyways i love you sha so i am keeping my fingers crossed! I am hopeful dat i will love her even more!

• aanu November 20, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Someone sent a comment sometime ago that omotola is the real definition of beauty, it’s a fact i know but this pictures has once again ginger me to emphasize that fact again.

• david November 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

wow!!! that was what i exclaimed when i saw this beautiful and stunning pictures to the extent that my colleagues in the office stated at me with the expression that pls let’s see what you are looking at. Always looking good without any doubt.

• blessing November 20, 2012 at 2:04 pm

After four children and she is still this beautiful? No no no, i give her a standing ovation for her beauty and her look, she is just what i will call too gbasky…..

• simisola November 20, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Someone tell me it’s not true, four kids and she still look this sexy? that is really worth commending her, i implore every one to cos e no easy i swear.

• faith November 20, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Sexy!!! that’s the word to describe this energetic pace setter. she is simply amazing

• Tesonma November 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I like Omotola but what will finish her is lack of originality. First she said she would sing like Beyonce and i heard her say in an interview that she will be the Nigerian Beyonce, now she wants to be Kim Kardashian! Alrightuwo, i berra go by me some bags of pop corn. I see Backlash all around me!

• tunji November 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm

cant you differentiate the word of the writer from that of omotola? don’t tell me you are not happy seeing her breaking bound.

• Bukki November 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Hmmm….they have arrived! Please post the link where Omotola said what you claim? May what you wish others be yours oh! We her fans see Favour, beauty. Prosperity…. Good luck to you tesonma.

• bibi November 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Did she say she wanted to be like kim k? as d beyonce tin nd wat’s bad in her lookin up to bey in terms of music but this kim k tin is FALSE cos b4 kim k we’ve had lotta reality show. Kimore lee simmons even had a reality show way b4 kim even the simmons, angela nd co all had reality show way b4 the kardashians, d kardashians re jst soo lucky so seat!

• tunji November 20, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I can close my account in order to see this reality Tv show, when it comes to her i always derive pleasure in watching any of her film, let alone her reality show, that is a sure “banker”

• Mariaah November 20, 2012 at 4:41 pm

I don’t know why but your “i always derive pleasure in watching” came across as “SEXUAL”.. OkBye!! :)

• chigozie November 20, 2012 at 2:17 pm

just cant wait to watch the show, that’s a nice one, she is the woman………..

• Tope November 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm

I am pretty sure the reality show will do just well cos she is the best, 17 years and still doing it big is no joke… kudos to her

• Princess November 20, 2012 at 2:31 pm

almost 2 decade in the entertainment industry and still the darling of all, still making hit after hit, still doing what others can not do is really no joke, i salute her talent and her courage for getting this far and am quite sure ain’t no stopping her.

• chi chi November 20, 2012 at 2:31 pm

I will watch this to see how it goes. and for all you thomases, remember that Reality T.V started out somewhere, with one person, and look at it today. With the rate of growth in the Nigerian entertainment industry, and the western influence here, this is inevitable, so why shouldn’t Omo T venture into that area if she wants to?. i will watch, and if the show is good, i’ll keep watching.

• juliana November 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm

she be oga so make dem gba fun….. she is simply the best.

• Priscy November 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm

OmoSexy my “bestest” nollywood actress…can’t wait to watch dis…i know u can’t disappoint me

• gloria November 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Even if it will cost me sleepless night i will make sure i watch it and if it’s going to be aired during the office hour too, i will make sure i buy dstv mobile cos i can’t afford to miss any part of this.

• deoye November 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm

ain’t nothing going to stop me from seeing this show, even though that time falls to when i will be so busy, i will create time to see my darling actress in action.

• ayetoro kan November 20, 2012 at 2:39 pm

this babe is smoking hawt…..

• Baba Olowo November 20, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Omo lomo jor!!!!!!!!!

• damien November 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I say congrats to the good looking and gorgeously endowed omotola on the success of her reality show.

• anthony November 20, 2012 at 3:22 pm

wonderful and beautiful woman, love her so much.

• guest November 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Why can’t Nigerian celebs show some originality in them always trying to imitate foreign celebs. Reality Tv show in Nigeria, i laugh..

• partyrider November 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

she looks gorgeous and i wish her the best.

i dont mean to knock her hustle, personally i don’t understand why people do reality shows especially those focused on a person’s day to day activity and their family. i guess its cos i LOVE my space,and i’m very guarded about everything in my life and you only know when i let you in.

• Naveah November 20, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Reality shows have been the ruin of many relationships between parents and children, husbands and wives, friends etc. I don’t know why she felt the need for this and of course we know it is all heavily scripted because Nigerians aren’t wont for being truly open and honest about their situations. They will present what they want the world to see with a few scripted dramatic moments. Is this a good look for Omotola? Frankly, I doubt. The thing that made stars great back in the day prior of course to Elizabeth Taylor was the MYSTERY that surrounded their lives which made people clamour to know more about them. The few stars that have managed to do that in Nigeria has been Genevieve Nnaji, Rita Dominic, Nse Ikpe Etim, Ms. Joke Silva, Bimbo Akintola to mention a few. We do not much about their personal lives past and present. We know bits and pieces but not the whole shebang which helps to maintain interest. The likes of Ini Edo, Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Johnson, Stephanie Okereke Idahosa Linus, Mona Lisa Chinda, Stella Damasus have had too much of their personal lives in the news, it has stripped that unattainable status away from them and I do believe that is what this reality show is going to do for Omotola.

There is something to be said for accessibility with stars, approachability but when you give TOO much access then what sets you apart from a regular Jill on the block?

Good luck though, girl…hustle on, hustle the hell on!

• Purpleicious Babe November 20, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I beg to differ….we still dont know alot about all the stars mentioned i.e. Ini, Tonto etc etc. Even the reality TV stars as you have mentioned it is heavily scripted.

Besides you filter information, you hear what you want to hear and discard the rest.

It would be interesting to see how that would work i.e. the show.. smiles. I would so love a real Nigerian TV show. Niaja pple make me laugh so hard…
      I like our randomness, over assertiveness, over reactive and expression…. kia we can be so intense..lol. I find it amusing, cringe worthy and most of all tale telling..

Btw, I hope this show is real to the core.. OMOSEXy all the way.lol.

• Tracey November 21, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Naveah you are damn right! it takes a good insight to acknowledge what you’ve said.

Of course the likes of Purpleicious Babe will not accept your analogy clearly seeing that she and her other like minds are those over hungry fans, curiously anxious and ready to plunge into the private lives of celebrities.

• Bukki November 22, 2012 at 3:17 pm

But who are you to call people “hungry fans?” this is very disrespectful and I’m shocked Bella Naija approved this comment . Knowing fully well that there are less harmful comments they don’t approve! This is sad!
        You haters resort to below the belt dirty slinging in desperate measures to attack Omotola and it dosent work still you know why?….
        Na won’t help you …. Its all around you . Go figure! Phewwww

• MissT November 20, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I am just curious and forgive me if i ask wrong but I am not Nigerian and just wanted to know “ARE NIGERIANS EVER ORIGINAL IN ANYTHING AT ALL, EVER?”.

I have never seen any originality yet, everything is copy copy from yankee. Its laughable

• ihuoma ken ohiorenoya November 20, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Yeah baby gurl,we can be very original.Remember Things Fall Apart ? Very original don’t you think.And other epic and society movies.The list is endless. And that is just for movies.

• Katty November 21, 2012 at 11:45 pm

You ought to be ashamed! ”Remember things fall apart?”.clearly your bragging rights…….A movie that was shot like 1986 or so is what you’re still using to compare with events of almost 26 later. So from your analogy it’s clearly the first and last originality ever had. I’m Nigerian too but honestly, what a shame!

• Peace November 21, 2012 at 12:32 am

Please give me an ORIGINAL statement/ criticism… yours sounds very laughable too.

• Idak November 21, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Tell me where you are from before i answer that question.

• Doks November 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Lets see how it turns out. Hopeit’d be good and I wont be disappointed…

• Hi November 20, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Nothing has been said about Toni Payne’s reality television show.,,
    Congratulations to omo t .

• living the fab lane! November 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm

It will be heavily scripted and dry…watching how the oyibo’s do reality with a lot of sincerity because they don’t care about how the world will feel about them…Nig reality will not be diff from the nollywood movies will are all used to.

• Miss K November 20, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Hate to burst your bubble but hollywood reality shows are scripted too, unfortunately.

• King November 20, 2012 at 6:34 pm

To all the people that say omotola is a copycat, copying Kim Kardashain, well I say good bcos many people will do same soon,we shouldn’t use phones, we shouldn’t wear jeans, we shouldn’t browse the net bcos americans did it first…. We shouldn’t even be acting movies again, nollywood take note, u r copying hollywood….. Ode!!! low self-esteemed people…

• habba! November 20, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Bella Naija please post the clips on your website once she starts to film! thank u!

• Wendy November 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Copy copy make me richooo!!!!!!!. Omotola walk ur own path for a change, stop chasing shadows. U no dey tire to copy copy .HABA

• grace November 21, 2012 at 9:49 am

wetin she copy oooo make u tell me, abi na wetin dey your mind to do na him our sweet omotola don first u do so, abegi no let jealousy kill u ooo. ride on omotola

• salkinny November 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Reality show ke??? Its so gonna be scripted ehhh… Plus we r never gonna see her in a bikini or naked which is d main purpose y majority of us wil even attenpt to watch her so called”reality” show…plus jst release a sex tape already…mstchewww

• iamfascinating November 20, 2012 at 7:48 pm
  • onnari November 20, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Well… It would be a first in naija so bring it on! Sounds like it’s goin to be fun…I hope

• Joanna November 20, 2012 at 8:30 pm

In reality ‘SLAVISH COMMENTS OF SUPPORT’ do not success make! Hopefully the show delivers broader imagination of content to appeal to more than it’s ‘fans’ on here! Wish her success in her endeavor!

• konnie November 20, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Very easy to turn your life into a caricature. This stuff destroys lives particularly the life of the children involved. The burden is yours, good luck

• sunday November 21, 2012 at 9:25 am

that is left to be seen konnie, why predicting doom when you can wish and hope she does well?

• Bukki November 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Omotola can do no wrong in my eyes! This will be he best thing Africa magic ever went into! See? Dbanj had been singing about / to others…the only one song he mentioned Omotola …which became the most famous line in that song, the song has broken all records! African magic entertainment, congratulations!

• Mssexy November 20, 2012 at 9:38 pm

OMOT how u dey take do am, that ur pix n yellow is it Photoshopped or real? am a mother of 4 too but na i no get this shape

pls tell a fan what u r doing or u gonna show us all on ur reality show = no holds barred i beg

• Naomi November 20, 2012 at 11:25 pm

I Love Omotola, but I think she is too big of a celebrity to be doing a reality show, i think its for people trying to get “up there” which in my opinion she already has, doing her movies and all. At her status, it would be ok to leave us wondering more about her without revealing too much of her personal life. Nonetheless, I am sure it will be entertaining. Good luck to her!

• dami November 21, 2012 at 9:12 am

that is your opinion naomi but on a contrary it is a big celebrity like her that will interest people like us to want to see and know what her every day life is all about and not someone who is just coming up, without any pedigree, that will certainly not interest me to watch at all.

• ranti November 21, 2012 at 12:43 am

Are you sure this is the rite move?, and the road to down fall.. because no realist show come out positive . is she really willing to share her private life with us? I am sorry I just don’t think this is a good business opportunity

• brittany November 21, 2012 at 10:20 am

she is very sexy..but no married woman should dress like that in public (like the one above) not modest.

• Damie Damie November 22, 2012 at 9:37 am

GOD bless you Brittany. i’ve been waiting for someone to say that. a married woman and mother of 4 shouldn’t be dressed that way. too skimpy. honestly, i’m 18 but i can’t ever dress like that. nahh. Grow up Omotola. I love you tho.

• EJIMOFOR November 21, 2012 at 10:46 am

well she is fine and ajibota girl woman i think that i like her to be lol..

• cj November 21, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Nigerian tv’s getting bold and interesting – Nigeria’s got talent, glam squad, now celebrity reality show. Also heard about a certain playgirl mansion *smh.* good local entertainment sha. I like!

• TK November 21, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Trying way too hard,copycat, always trying to prove one thing or the other, everything is competition, same with the so called fans.

• Bukki November 21, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Copy cat always repeating what some haters have already said!

• Bumab November 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

i’ll keep mute

• xxx November 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

@ guest, here’s some originality for ya…: how about you throw out your tv set, tie a wrapper and walk back to your village! *eyes rolling* Why are you even on the internet? Was it invented by a Nigerian or is it exclusive to Nigeria? Hiss!

• Bukki November 22, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Hahahahahahaha……you have said it all! Just imagine! I knew the minute I saw the Story that the snakes will crawl out! Lol…I will be afraid too if I were them! We are fans are SOLIDLY behind her in every decision she takes. Originality noni! LWTMB!

• Mummy D November 21, 2012 at 3:49 pm

i love and respect Omo T a lot , but i feel sharing her private life with us will result to “see finish…” all the same , i wish her all the best!

• i no send November 21, 2012 at 10:52 pm

ill watch it …what channel will be airing it??…wonderful figure but dress is too short

• faith November 21, 2012 at 11:49 pm

would. Really love to see her fiish…lol

• LINDA November 22, 2012 at 2:25 am

Her weave hair never matches her real hair texture, she really needs to get that together because that’s not the business. If your going to carry Authentic birkin bags your hair has to be on point. Please, please get shoes that are a half size bigger so you don’t look like you’re squeezing your feet to death

• mm November 22, 2012 at 4:28 pm

you have a phd in yarning dust..how does ur comment relate to d article? tcheww

• N.T. Babs November 22, 2012 at 3:18 am

I’m sure the show will air only once and discontinue. TV Stations who air it will only see their ratings dive. Omotola is pretty, sure. But, c’mon do something else. Nigerians are already addicted to the foreign life shows to find spare-TV-viewing-time to watch “Omo T”. Just saying….

• Adeori Omoba November 22, 2012 at 8:41 am

They better not be cutting out the best parts like when NEPA strikes during filming or when someone steals the camera while they’r filming…#HumorMePlease

I Have Mad Respect For Omotee

• Adeori Omoba November 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

Oh,Where online can i watch this abeg?

• lolo November 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

im not Nigerian, but i commend Nigerians for being courageuos. talk about being fake, everybody is fake. this days there are no originals.

• Wariboko November 22, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Reality shows are for forgotten stars who are trying to make a come back. Reality shows are for bored wives with rich husbands that need to keep them busy. No A star does reality shows, they retain their mystery. Do you see Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Penelope Cruz, Renee Zellwegger and the like doing reality shows. It for Tia and Tamera, Jonas brothers, Clint Eastwoods bored wife, Ice T and Coco….i could go on. Sometimes it works and the network keeps it running like the Kardiashian clan, other times it gets axed before it starts. Omotola is way too big to be doing a reality show. This is my problem with Omotola, This is where Genevieve always gets it right. Remember i said this when the time comes!

• mm November 22, 2012 at 4:29 pm

thats ur own..omotola seems real and thats why fans like me have mad love for her…team omotola anytime.

• Bukki November 23, 2012 at 9:35 am

And who made all these rules?….most of us are followers.always hiding in safe corners, abiding in other people’s rules and set targets!nsome people are bold enough to be pace setters! When you see one, Respect!

• Mma Cynthia November 22, 2012 at 6:46 pm

She is a swt woman nd l knw she will do something

• jazzyfei November 25, 2012 at 7:25 am

is this even safe to do in Nigeria, inviting people into your home, they already judge from afar, i don’t this seems risky to me

• temmy December 1, 2012 at 1:32 am

Wish u success omotee:we love u already cos ure a talented actress and a successful home keeper,but ds dress is unecessarily short,God won’t be pleased.

• Jojo December 4, 2012 at 6:14 pm

How can we watch it in the US?