Yvonne Nwosu Vonne Angelina Jolie Black Ball BellaNaija
At the 2012 Oscars, Hollywood star Angelina Jolie created a media sensation by stealing the show with the thigh high split of her dramatic floor-length black velvet dress. Fast forward a few months to the Y! Magazine Black Ball which took place at the Landmark Village Events Centre in Lagos last night. Designer Yvonne Nwosu of Vonne rocked a long sleeved off-shoulder black dress with an equally dramatic thigh-high split.

Yvonne’s bold red lips, highlighted side parted waves and spiked pink nails completed her pinup look!
Yvonne Nwosu Vonne Black Ball BellaNaija

Photo Credit: swankyjerry via Instagram | Getty Images

74 Comments on BN Bytes: Yvonne Nwosu pulls an “Angelina” in Vonne for the 2012 Y! Magazine Black Ball
  • Shade Adekoya III December 17, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hot!!!!!! Bold!!!!! Confident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like:) …I cant pull it off though….

• Nkechi December 17, 2012 at 11:09 am

WOW she is daring! I would be scared to have a slit that high my bits may decide to give a peep show lol

• Glam December 17, 2012 at 11:15 am

I heart this look! FIERCE!!!

• Blossom December 17, 2012 at 11:17 am

Whoa! Looks like she’s got great legs though

• princess December 17, 2012 at 11:21 am

abeg wat sort of rubbish is diz….mtchew…..a way of callin for attention….abegggggg

• Fey December 18, 2012 at 8:46 am

It’s nice it’s not a way of getting attention, it is fabulous

• tinu December 17, 2012 at 11:26 am

Hot! Fierce! And wonderfully lovely.

• Diva December 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

That’s RED HOT dress!!!…..But where will she wear that to? ummmmm…I’m confused!! No one wants to see your business. There’s a thin line between sexy and tacky oh

• Diva December 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

That’s one RED HOT dress!!!!**********

• bitchpls December 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm

RED kwa?….everybody b talking abt red dress, but am looking at a blackish dress here oooo or am i missing something?

• sonalove December 17, 2012 at 11:38 am

i dont know abt this look… it looks too sexy..

• Olena Ekaterina Jarrar December 17, 2012 at 11:39 am

Bella,
    is this what you have reduced your website too?
    Haba bella!
    Please don’t de-rep me o!

• Opsy December 17, 2012 at 11:46 am

Hers is worse than Angelina’s

• Bunmi December 17, 2012 at 11:50 am

This i love.

• Priscy December 17, 2012 at 11:54 am

o please Olena shutup…if u don’t like d post or picture u can as well pass it not condemn bellanaija…after all, they did not start this blog for u. BTW I love the dress, very daring

• Truthfulsoul December 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm

You can pass your message across without insulting anyone and Olena is free to talk about his opinion just like you.
      I am a young woman and styish too. This show no decency whatsoever. However, Bella has a right to publish it. But my question to Bella is how does this improve the morality of a young child? Is this all just about bringing news and making money?
      I love Bella but please help a decaying generation. Its not all about human hair and naked/half naked women. A lot of youths come here so be mindful of what you propagate.

• Ada beke December 17, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Oh hush please! That’s what church, school and parenting are for.

• Bey December 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

D slit is way too much..who is gonna wear sumthing so cracy as dat???

• chic December 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

this is too reviewing.

• Berry Choco-Latte December 17, 2012 at 12:20 pm

WOW!

A front view would tell whether the dress was THAT revealing cos from the side, it seems a tad much. But she looks jaw-droppingly hot sha.

• The Kinkster December 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

A tad too high in my opinion. But she has nice legs

• JADE December 17, 2012 at 12:27 pm

@Chic, i guess u meant too revealing*, meanwhile i believe less is more, the dress is way is beautiful but the slit is wayyy too much, is almost upto her crotch which makes it distasteful and fashion shudnt be distasteful. and abeg looking at the last set of pictures, which exact side has the slit??

• hush December 17, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Hot legs, beautiful skin! Ladies this are the skin types that should wear short dresses not the Annies of lagos

• Funmi December 17, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Lmao at “Annies of Lagos”… HARSH! The dress looks hot sha. I can’t lie; I wouldn’t be able to rock it but she has the legs so she might as well go for it.

• babylawyer December 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

hers is a lot more obvious than Angie’s. But even though the length of the slit is not my cup of tea, I cant lie, Yvonne has got great legs

• Goodnessme! December 17, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Hot Hot Hot tooo Hot to handle ! I saw her post this on Instagram last night i just thought She Looked real GOOD! IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT AND SHE DOES! COMPLETE LOOK 10!

• kindred spirit December 17, 2012 at 12:48 pm

We all know why women do this dont we? Lol. Its usally after a break up, to show the guy, see what you gave up? You aint tapping that anymore. Its all a cry for attention. Funny, I’ve done it before for an event I knew the ex will attend, and he was running after me like a lap dog. Lol.. Was happy to laugh in his face and walk off. Felt really sorry for the girl he came to the event with, and him acting like a fool over me. Plus he was caling for days afterwards. Mschew. Its working Yvonne, we get the message, and I’m sure Iyanya does too. Carry go. Watch this Iyanya and drool to your heart’s content. LMAO.

• LOL December 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm

LOL ….i get you but that is ‘Yvonne Nelson’ not ‘Nwosu’

• babylawyer December 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Nwosu not Nelson… Unless you are saying Inyanya had something to do with both of them

• ada December 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

err….. I suppose you are referring to Yvonne Nelson (the Ghanaian actress). This is Yvone Nwosu (the Nigerian lady behind fashion outfit “Vonne”)….so don’t get it twisted.

• Mimi December 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Omg this is a killer dress I love everything from head to toe she killed it!!there is nothing wrong in showing one part of ur body !!

• Mr December 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Smoking hot…….Jesus

• Uju December 18, 2012 at 3:42 am

U didn’t need to add Jesus. Vain

• Kitty December 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I am all for the fierce,sexy look. But truth be told,this look isnt tasteful at all. Hows she going to sit or walk? The slit should have been a little lower n the dress would have been sizzling.

• Didi December 17, 2012 at 1:03 pm

LAGOS RIHANNA. BABES YOU GET MIND I RESPECT YOU.ILOVE THIS DRESS AND I WANT IT

• Amani Blush December 17, 2012 at 1:16 pm

She looks stunning! Whether the split is too high or not, she carried it amazingly well, and that’s all that matters! She’s rocking her designs big time, and of course styled by Swanky… what more could you ask for?! ^_^

• B December 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

@ kindred spirit, its Yvonne Nwosu, not Yvonne Nelson

• Mrs Me Too December 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I love it…
    Roar!

• Didi December 17, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I love this dress so bad !name of dress killer dress by vonne. Menh everything is just sexy .hair make up dress Anji has nothing on this babe Abeg see Anji legs lwkmh

• Chikaka December 17, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Her legs are toned and she pulled it off well.

• my opinoin December 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Nonsence!!!!, what is stunning in her been half naked, the more covered a woman is the more feminine and beautiful she looks joor

• oSinakachi December 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Na wah 4 babes, I must be seen!

• Inebaby December 17, 2012 at 2:01 pm

She looks extremely beautiful! though would have loved it more if the slit was a little bit on the low side!

• chi chi December 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm

She is beautiful, but that dress is indecent. period. Angelina’s was bad too, but the slit of her dress hits the top of her thigh, while Yvonne’s is higher. plus the cut/fabric of Jolie’s dress, as well as her slimmer figure makes her look a little less indecent than Yvonne. NO no no. Her hair/makeup/shoes- YES GIRl!!!

pls visit and follow-

• Neo December 17, 2012 at 2:40 pm

there’s simply a thing as too much. Angelina’s dress was a ball gown, risk factor of flashing the netheryeya was significantly lower.

• Maya December 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Daring, edgy and gorgeous, I love risk takers, u think diz is ditasteful go check on ur taste buds, naija nd their mentality SMH

• BlackAngel December 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm

I have to say she looks fab. I know I cant wear it so I give her credit. As for everyone else with negative comments, if it was Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, or any other Celeb that wore it, it would be all soo sexy, but a naija gal wears it and its basically provocative. Literally sit down and stfu. This chick is hot.

• oluchy December 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Not a fan, less is more for me.

• Mr December 17, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Think and say waterer she sure did nail the look

• gooby December 17, 2012 at 3:59 pm

d dress is beautiful, defintely! i’m jst wondering hw she wz able 2 move around, tnk God it wznt an outdoor event; some wicked wind wld hav messed her up

• Jo December 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm

She has gorgeous legs but there’s something a little off with the dress. I think it is weird to see a very tight dress with a very long slit at the same time. Solange’s dress wasn’t too tight..it was fitted but not tight so the double slits worked perfectly. This outfit would have looked better if the lower part of the dress wasn’t too tight. And that hair just makes it look very stripper-ish. You have to tone something down if you’re wearing something very daring. I love her shoes.

• Madam the Madam December 17, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Very very daring stuvvings. I aint even mad at her.

• Dlapikin December 17, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Stunning! Got legs ooh , can’t hate!

• Beebee December 17, 2012 at 4:54 pm

HAWT! HAWT!! HAWT!!!

• sassycassie December 17, 2012 at 4:57 pm

nice legs, very tacky outfit

• Halima December 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm

All is on point no flaws a beg haters go Siddon

• Bibi December 17, 2012 at 6:30 pm

D slit is too high… But she pulled it off beautifully. And yes, she’s hot.

• M December 17, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I don’t really like her and Iactually don’t think she’s got style BUT we know we wanna hate but we can’t! SHE ROCKED THIS SHIT!!!! I had rather you guys give up the indecent talk, cos she did not tell you she was shy and was bothered. Its not omotola or annie or any fat thigh, fat bottom body or/and ashy skin wearing this. Only a few bodies and personalities can carry this without it looking vulgar and Ironically she did and tastefully too, even though instagram and photoshopping have hidden a multitude of sins but from what we see, BANGING.

• Who wants to know December 17, 2012 at 7:27 pm

why wount u guys see something good and appreciate tho! 4 nigerians its bad for the new generation but 4 americans its d best thing that ever happened?! if u cant answer this then accept this is a GORGEOUS DRESS.

• sassycassie December 17, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Da heck are u on about? :/

• lucy888 December 17, 2012 at 7:51 pm

some people got thick head, what is wrong with that dress? you can wear to a nite club, infact most people here talking trash were things worse than that.

• Lil Sis December 17, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Bad ass, big diva, certified mamba…..perfection. Ms Nwosu, I salute you on bender knee. They gon be mad 4 dis one….shine on supernova

• Tae December 17, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I don’t know she she was able to walk in it without exposing her biz but man she’s hot!

• onna December 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm

she rocked the dress i must say, the whole look oozes confidence which is quite rare these days.

• Deola December 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

She finished the look.

• Nice Anon December 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Give them!

• M December 17, 2012 at 11:53 pm

She did ejo i cant bet 99% percent of the haters club are either fat, insecure, badskin etc and cant carry this. I am fat but confident and if i had the body I will rock it. my sis is really slim and hot and she just saw it and says she cant but she rocked it. Just accept it, there’s nothing to hate here except damaging insecurity or bad belle.

• M December 17, 2012 at 11:53 pm

i can bet

• sona December 18, 2012 at 8:46 am

Ok for those who are saying this is hot. True but Its too RAUNCHY.. Its too much sexy nd less class or elegance..look angie had to push her leg out to make the slit obvious. That meeans there was enough material but hers is too scanty nd sitting would be a problem.. Dresses like this are supposed to have enough material.. It would then be more balanced. That is , a classy nd sexy dress. Without too much sexy. Just my opinion.

• Mimi December 18, 2012 at 3:20 pm

okay so this is hot, but how is the person who wears this dress going to sit given that it’s going to be worn to a public event?? as in the slit is totally over done? gosh!! pls lets not copy blindly, why can’t the slit be decent? it shouldn’t be this revealing to make it sexy. #mytworustykobo

• tbn December 19, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Very daring but i dont like Yvonne’s dress when compared with angelina jolie’s. Hers used less material making both her legs to be revealed, which makes the dress too tacky, unlike angelina’s which showed just one of her legs. I believe a long side slit like that should show just the leg where the slit is and not both. IMO

• TSEMAYE December 20, 2012 at 4:42 am

if i hot a hot bod like that damn i will rock this simple yet sexy dress.its a 5/5 look,right accessory,flawless toned skin,the right attitude come on whats not there to love.u ppl condemning u wish u can rock this but you just talking fabush *dodges stones and sticks*

• Tacky January 8, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Number one her legs are too manly to be revealing them and the cut is too high it made the whole dress a mess..number2…there is no class in this it seem so desperate