Halima Abubakar - BellaNaija

Meet your new Young Ambassadors for Peace.

While most of us were resting on Sunday 20th January 2013,  Nigerian actress Halima Abubakar, music stars Sunny Neji and Zaaki Azzay as well as the first lady of Lagos state Dame Abimbola Fashola were being honored in Ikeja, Lagos as Young Ambassadors for Peace by the Universal Peace Federation and Youth Federation for World Peace.

According to the official press release, “these personalities were honored for distinguishing themselves in all ramifications in the society.”

Congratulations to all the new peace ambassadors.

15 Comments on Halima Abubakar, J Martins, Sunny Neji, Zaaki Azzay & Dame Abimbola Fashola honored as Peace Ambassadors in Lagos
  • Ngozi January 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm

If these celebrities and Mrs Fashola have actually earned these awards then congratulations to them. But I do know that you can actually apply to be a Peace Ambassador via the website and furthermore I can’t help but wonder why everyone is now a peace ambassador in Nigeria.

• Sexxie January 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Congrats to them! But some of d recipients shaa…Halima??? Zakky??? pls what is the criteria for this peace award sef? If it’s making peace then I think I deserve one too, just the other day, I separated a fight between a conductor & passenger. UN take note! =D

• Autoprincess January 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

lolllllllll, don’t kiiiii me with laughter o. On a serious note though, these Peace award things are now becoming 5 for 1 naira, I don’t understand it.

• Tiey Rex January 22, 2013 at 4:10 pm

LAWL! Sexxie stop it o! I was the passenger who fought with the conductor. You did a great job. I am going to nominateyo now!

• linabella January 22, 2013 at 3:59 pm

rubbish how does it change the situation in nigeria. This is just a title for their egos. What have they done for their individual communities. I beg jor, i dont see any of them especially zaaki worthy of the honor, just my opinion.

• eesha January 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm

zaaki? i don’t think so. what r these awards based on.

• Tiey Rex January 22, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Please note there is a differenc between United Nations Messengers of Peace: this is a UN office for 2 years and there a very few of these people. Now we have Universal Peace Federation Ambassadors for Peace and that is the one these people got. Please Bella clarify this and correct your heading.

• ola January 22, 2013 at 4:41 pm

congrat to them…

gistyinka.com

• Dprodigaldaughter January 22, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I just wish Halima will stop pouting already … I like her smiles better

dprodigaldaughter.com

• xoxo January 22, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Some of the recipients even use it as number plate. How vain can people get?

• Hadija January 22, 2013 at 6:20 pm

They PAY to get this. I know that first hand! Cheap and sad! Every thing in Nigeria comes with financial muscle.

• Sarah January 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

I don’t think this has anything to do with the United Nations. The only Nigerian that is recognized as peace ambassador is Femi Kuti. This is probably just for Universal Peace Federation and Youth Federation for World Peace. On another note….. Halima needs a new stylist asap. These recent outfits don’t do her any justice.

• hk January 22, 2013 at 8:41 pm

According to Sun Myung Moon’s son, Hyung Jin Moon, who is head of the UPF, the purpose of the UPF is the same with all Moon created organizations, to promote his father as the Messiah.

Please take the time to learn about the Unification Church.

youtube.com/watch?v=icA–T_Tz_8

youtube.com/watch?v=zIqZklMi8WE&feature=youtu.be

• i'm obsessed with black magic voice January 22, 2013 at 11:22 pm

I’m not here for Halima or sunny Neji…I have my problem to contain with…which is my health!Lord pls hear my cry..

• jacob January 25, 2013 at 12:37 am

Halima i love u do much ,pls help me solve it.my name is jacob frm Akure