Posted on Monday, March 18th, 2013 at 11:00 AM

By BellaNaija.com

To celebrate our anniversary in 2012, BellaNaija embarked on a mission! Our mission was to share OUR Stories and OUR Miracles – BN at 6, Our Stories, Our Miracles. Each and every African at home and in diaspora has a unique story. Many have been through experiences can only be described as miracles. Tragedy and strife converted through faith and perseverance.The response we received has been overwhelmingly positive and BN Our Stories, Our Miracles is now an ongoing feature on BellaNaija in 2013.

We reached out to Segun and Seyi Olusanya after our BN Hot Topic on Adoption and they graciously agreed to share their story. The concept of adoption is one which hasn’t really gained ground with a lot of Nigerian couples so when we read the Olusanya’s story we were very happy. This is a couple who has walked the talk. The road was arduous and not in anyway smooth, however, they took the plunge and their effort was rewarded with the blessing of their son, Joshua. Since the adoption, Segun and Seyi have had two more kids. Their story is simply beautiful.   BN enjoyed chatting with the Olusanyas and we sincerely hope that you’d find inspiration as you read this.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Segun and Seyi
Segun is outgoing and enjoys running and keeping fit. Segun attended the University of Ife where he received his first degree. He went on to qualify as a lawyer in the UK. Today, he is  a successful IT Consultant. Seyi is bubbly, loyal and loves and is passionate about her work, she is the creative director of a successful international events management company – Cedar Events. She attended the Lagos State University and University of London We have 3 kids and are very close to our extended family.

Starting Our Family
We got married on the 19th of December 1992. It was a glorious day. I can still remember the view of the main clock on the wall of the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos as we descended the Eko Bridge into Lagos Island. It read 7:30 AM. I believe we broke the record for the earliest marriage ever celebrated in the Cathedral Church of Christ in Marina, Lagos. Our wedding ceremony started at about 8:30 am. Well, it was not because we wanted to set a record; it was as a result of a mix-up by the Vicar. The church ceremony and the reception went flawlessly. A poignant part of the reception was when the audience was asked to sing the song, ‘All to Jesus I Surrender”. Little did I know how apt this song would be to our marriage.

Having Children
We have always wanted kids. After a couple of years, we thought the kids would just start coming. When nothing happened, we started to wonder what the problem was. In 1995, we sought medical advice; Seyi was then diagnosed with a medical condition – Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

As far as the doctors were concerned, due to her condition, we could not conceive without medication. That was the start of our journey towards the ‘promise land’ of child birth.

By the year 2000, we had done a number of IVF cycles that were not successful and tried various treatments to no avail. It was towards the end of the year that she suggested adoption. Hmmm!!! The ‘A’ word. Till today, I am not sure where she got the idea from. I have to admit that I didn’t want any of it but looking back now I did not have any good reason to reject the idea.

The Long Wait
We waited 16 years. It wasn’t easy, it was difficult at times but our faith in God and the support of our close family & friends helped us through.

The Adoption Process
The adoption process was neither easy nor was it straightforward. Although my wife brought up the idea, I was the one who first approached the social services. I called the children’s section of our local social services. I was told a social worker will have to meet with us to explain the process. She came to our house and explained that we have to be approved for adoption after that would have to be matched to the right child.

First, we tried to adopt from Nigeria. The process was not as clearly explained to us as it was in the UK. If we adopted abroad we will have to pay about £3,000 for the home study program.

After thinking about it for a long time we decided to proceed with the process. We called the social services and we were provided with our social worker. She came to see us several times –  asking questions about our family background, our faith, how we will take care of the adopted child, who will help us take care of the child, our experience with children e.t.c.

The social services interviewed our friends, our relatives and wrote to our pastor. We also had to provide our family tree showing all our relatives back to our grandparents. This was to have a better understanding of our extended family. They sent us on a course with other prospective adopters. At the course we learnt about the type of children in care and some of the things that may have happened to the child we would be adopting. We were told to complete a form which relates the child we would want to adopt. We had to decide the age range of the child. We started out wanting a baby. Later in the process, we decided to go for a child with age range between 0 and 7 years old.

After our social worker had asked all the questions, she visited us with all the notes she had been taking. She went through it with us to confirm that we were happy that it represented our answers to all the questions. After this, she went to the Adoption Panel with all the information we provided. The adoption panel decided, based on the information provided whether we can be approved for adoption. About 6 months after we started, we were approved for adoption.

We were overjoyed to be approved for adoption of a boy or girl of ages between 0 – 7 years old. The next stage was to look for a child. We had to start at our local social services. The process was that if we could not find a child within 3 months then we could look at other social services anywhere in the UK. We did not find a child in the three months so we started looking in other social services. The first children we found were a sibling group – a brother and sister. This fell through because it was discovered one of the children was autistic. When we completed the forms we did not tick the box for a child with autism.

We continued looking until eventually our social worker brought a photo of our son. Straight away, I could see the resemblance. Things moved very quickly. We completed all the necessary papers for the matching process. Our social worker then went to the matching panel. We were approved to adopt our son. The final stage was the introduction. We needed to get to know him in his environment. The social services arranged for us to meet his foster mother. We learnt his routine… his likes and dislikes.

After a couple of days we were able to take him out. By the end of the week, he came to spend a few hours at our house. We showed him his room and the toys he would be playing with when he finally comes home. At the end of the second week, the social workers (we had ours and he had his) decided he could come home with us. Our son, Joshua, moved to our house on the 22nd of November 2005. It was an amazing day. It just felt so good to have a child at last. He slept well on his first night and he has been a good boy ever since.

Our Son
Our son is an absolute sweetheart. A gentleman in the making, he is a very sensitive child and the kindest child I have ever come across. When he came home he was very quiet but, over the years, he has become more confident and is a well adjusted boy.

More Babies
Our son was about 3 years old when he came home one day and said “Mummy, can you buy me a sister?”, I replied and said “I would buy a trolley load if I could but we cant buy a baby”. So I told him to pray to God and ask Him for a sister. He did so without failing every night for about 1 year.

Lo and behold, I fell pregnant naturally. I totally did not suspect I was pregnant. I just found out coincidentally.

Our Relationship with All Children
Our first son had a long period of bonding with us as the only child in the home for 3 years, we made sure he was involved with the pregnancies and he actually bonded with his sister and brother before they were even born. We celebrate the fact that he was chosen and special however birth parents get what they are given. We have always been upfront about the fact that he is adopted and have instilled in him a sense of pride in the fact that he was chosen. It is so important that the child’s life is not shrouded in secrecy!

Family Support
We had the support of our extended family, I think by the time he came along, they were all so happy for us to have a child in the home and because of the way we have dealt with this matter and our openness, it has made it easy for our families to accept.

We feel strongly about the fact that adoption should be celebrated rather than being a secret. Having lived in both cultures we’ve tried to pick the best of both cultures and we believe it has moulded us into the people we are today.

Thinking About Making the Leap? Here’s What We Think
If you are thinking of adoption my advice is that you do not waste time. Do your research and search your heart and then decide if it is for you or not. If you decide it is for you, you will have to persevere and be doggedly resolute to the end. When I say to the end, please note that the end is not the adoption. The end is probably when the child or children get to a stage when they can stand on their own, when they are valuable citizens of the society they live in.

In reality, there is no end because we will always be the voice of wisdom throughout the lives of our children. So if you feel this is for you: Welcome to the journey. I personally believe that the joys are too great for anyone to miss out.

As for me, I will continue to shout about this wonderful experience from the mountain top!

Segun Olusanya recently published a book titled “My Adoption Story“. It is a book which tells the story of the tests, the trials and all the frustration of trying to conceive. It is an account of the “heart wrenching emotional, spiritual and physical roller coaster he and his wife went through before going down the adoption route.” The book explores the internal struggles a black man from an African culture has to deal with while trying to resolve the issue of childlessness and can be found HERE on Amazon.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 74 Comments on “BN Our Stories, Our Miracles: “Blessed After a 16 Year Wait…” Adoption Champions Segun & Seyi Olusanya Share their Inspiring Story with BellaNaija”

Comments
    • Bleed blue March 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I AM BEYOND INSPIRED!!!

This family is a lesson in love. Weldone Segun (wow! what a good man!) and Seyi. May God continue to bless your beautiful journey.

• Grace March 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Wow,i never thought “Adoption”by a Nigerian could ever be possible. If only more light is poured into this “adoption issues”alot of families wont be going through hard times and probably die without a child to love as theirs or call theirs. The ignorance is so strong here(Nigerian)but i am thankful to God for the Olusanya’s for their patience and the blessings of the kids too.:)

• e-bukun March 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Adoption does happen, even in Nigeria. I have a little sister who is adopted and you would never know. She is the joy of our family. When I think that she may not have been my sister because of some societal circumstance, I almost cry. My mum told us that there was another little boy at the orphanage that she wanted to adopt as well, but she wasn’t sure she could take on two kids. She says when she thinks about the boy she cries because she wants to give him what my sister has – a family, love and all the attention a little kid needs. My sister is 5 now, and she’s a beauty. I wish more people would adopt, I know I will.

• Purpleicious Babe March 18, 2013 at 7:25 PM

:). Thanks for sharing….

Very kind of your Mum. I do hope there will be more education on adoption in Niaj.

Great article… thanks for sharing. x

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

• Oma March 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I have the most adorable little sister too. Adopted as a newborn. 6 years old now and one of the happiest things to ever happen to us. She’s an old soul.. really intelligent, charming and sings like an angel. She’s starting to look like us too and we love it. We’re all grown and away from home so she keeps my parents busy and young at heart. Ppl shd not still be hesitant about adoption in this day and age. If you have love in your heart to give and the wherewithal to do so, share it with someone who needs it and you’ll be blessed.

• Cleo March 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Awwwww bless your mum,I would like to adopt as well……

• TheMrs March 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM

PCOS is very very common with girls of dis generation, i tink it has various stages of it. BN it wud b so nice if u can throw more light on it. A Dr who knws alot abt it shud pls cum nd educate us bcos alot of ladies ve it dese days w/o even knowing it. Thnkz

• Mrs FAB March 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I was told i also had PCOS. Did test everything seemed ok, i was seeing my period and ovulating regularly. Thankfully God answered and our first bundle of joy arrived after almost just 3 years of waiting and within one year without even expecting the second is already on the way :-) . I believe that whatever name of the problem, it is not more than God . I dont think having PCOS means you cant have children, you just have to keep trying and make more effort. The God that remembered me will also remember all those wonderful mothers to be.. Keep believing.

• Aby March 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I was also diagnosed with PCOS and i’m only 25 years old. A week to when I was scheduled to begin my medication to help me get pregnant, I realized I was already pregnant. My husband was soo happy. We had been trying for about two years.

• Nk March 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thank God for your courage and story, uve really helped some one today and it did bring tears to my eyes. God bless you

• Adetutu March 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Oh my !! This is very touching and if we believe all children are from God, it becomes much easier to accept adoption into the society.

• Temi March 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM

*Tears rolling……..an inspiring story. I love the way he calls him ‘Our Son’ the Love is so real. God will continue to bless you and u’ll live long to reap d fruits of your labour

• giggy March 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM

my aunt was in a similar position. for 10 years she longed for kids, it was worst 10 years ever! we cried day and night, praying non stop. she wanted to adopt but her hubby objected to it saying “what will people say”! i hate that phrase :( but to God be the glory, she got pregnant and had twin girls *dancing*… they just turned a year old few days ago, she just found out she’s three months pregnant again!!! :) am sharing this cos i know what it felt like waiting desperately to have a child/children and i rejoice with the family. patience is indeed a virtue… have a nice day people *running back to my table*

• Zayt March 18, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Wow! beautiful story! Wish u guys Gods grace all thru the days of your lives! Really inspiring and touching. BN thanks for posting and Segun and Seyi thanks for sharing…

• Eugenia March 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

So inspiring…..God bless u and ur wonderful family.

• MelVee March 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Wow! what an inspiring story. I pray for the day Nigerians at home (especially our men) would accept adoption without the current stigma attached to it.

• pynk March 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I love the honesty that came with this story, God bless them both.

• Peaches March 18, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thank you Segun and Seyi for sharing your story with us. This is truly a miracle. God bless your family.

• Opsy March 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM

This is so touching. It is important that the adopted child’s life is not shrouded in mystery. The parents should be open and extended family accept the child too.

• Priscy March 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Touching Story….God’s time is ALWAYS the best

• Dee March 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Wow what an amazing couple! I pray a time will come in Nigeria when people who profess to love God will realize that one of the greatest ways to demonstrate love is to take in a child and provide him/her with a family if it’s within your means and it shouldn’t matter if you have kids or not. This is really inspiring , her husband is a good man who not only stood by his vows through all those years and gave adoption a chance. Wish we had more of his type.

• Prism of an Immigrant March 18, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Great, great story. I hope they continue to grow stronger as a family

lookingglassofanimmigrant.blogspot.com/

• cindy March 18, 2013 at 1:10 PM

D man is so supportive.is relly a blessin 2 his family

• x factor March 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Wow! God bless this Family… Thanks BN,you are indeed a fantastic brand!

• patcy chibogu March 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM

So. Touching! God bless u both!

• Blessed-Diva March 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM

This is almost the story of my life, our miracle baby came after we adopted our adorable daughter, without any medical intervention I became pregnant after being told I couldn’t get pregnant naturally, this was 11years into our marriage. I’m a proud Nigerian who adopted a Nigerian child in Nigeria, I thank God everyday for my adopted daughter, she changed my world and I would do it again. Thanks Segun and Seyi for sharing your story.

• Jemila March 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Ohh bella this should be the kind of stories u should always have on ur blog….yes I know ur different in ur stories, this brought tears to my eyes…such an inspiration….I know people like gossip how About soft gossip?pls keep giving us such stories to start our day…thank u for this story faith love and understand is the key to a good relationship….have u ever thought of being an inspiration blogger? A lot of people are going through stuff ..u can touch a life everyday by putting such inspiration stories …..God bless u….I so support adoption….every kid needs love

• Madam the Madam March 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Very lovely and inspiring story, their adopted son even looks like them. I am very pro-adoption and ideally would love to adopt at least one child. I don’t get the stigma that people place on adopting children. As in childless couples would rather struggle for 20+ years than consider adopting.

This was an analogy that my pastor once used: He asked the women in church to pat thier heads, and asked how many women were actually rocking thier own God given hair (no weaves, braids, extensions). Less than half the women present raised thier hands.
      He said look at how women buy extensions and consider it to be thiers, caring for weaves, curling it and making statements like “as long as I bought it, it’s mine”, that we should have the same mentality towards adoption in the sense that, even though a child didn’t naturally come from you, as long as you “bought” the child, he/she is yours, we should be able to care for that child like we would our God-given children. I liked that analogy.

• mee March 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Well done, God bless you both and your kids

• Lolo March 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Awww, the first son asked them to buy him a sister? Sooo sweet! Glad God answered his prayers!

• Tess March 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Amazing story of courage & persistence! God bless you real good.

• Lecker March 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

hmmm, sweetest story ever!

• Lecker March 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM

am more intrigued by the love and support this man has for his wife…oh bless

• Lyde March 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Ditto! I am impressed actually. He didn’t decide to go outside of his marriage to assuage his ego. Just accepted the journey. Now look at what God did for them! God bless this family!!!

• Vvy March 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM

oh wow!very touching story.In God we trust.May your family be showered with endless blessings.

• Blue March 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM

beautiful!!!!!! May God continue to bless your home.

• Treating PCOS March 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was unable to get pregnant after a miscarriage. The hospital carried out scans to determine their sizes and then put me on birth control pills which made me throw up, had headaches, unrest, etc.
      I decided to go the homeopathic way and I’m currently using natural products from my homeopathic doctor who has treated PCOS easily. He is very hopeful that it will all clear within 3-4 months and then be able to conceive, and I put all my trust in God Almighty to make me a mother soon.

• Partyrider March 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Amen.

• Yes March 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Amen dear. God never sleeps.

• nnenne March 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM

amazing and inspiring story. lovely family, may Gog continually bless your family and fill it with love, joy and peace.

• Mz Socially Awkward... March 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Segun and Seyi, your story is absolutely amazing. Thank God you chose to channel your love to a child who needed a home. His story has now changed because of you and now you have two more babies to love. Isn’t God amazing?

I know a couple, like you, who also adopted a baby girl under the age of 1yr orld and they live in Nigeria. I have a better friendship with the husband than I do with the wife so I never got a chance to ask her how she surmounted all the talk and discouragement I’m sure she had to endure when she took that decision after years of waiting on God for a child. They adopted that baby 2 years ago and last year, she got pregnant. God just absolutely blew all our minds away and blessed them with a baby boy. After years of waiting.

I pray that couples who are praying for children will read your story and appreciate the beauty of adoption. I wish I could just do an “Angelina Jolie” and take in a whole family of kids, there are so many of them out there who deserve a loving, stable home. Na money wey dey hamper the dream so I’ll just be a sponsor for now.

• Purpleicious Babe March 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I second your comment Mz SA… nice one and well said. x

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.co.uk/

• zsa zsa March 19, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I just love stories like this. My hubby and i talked about adopting years before we got married…we have a child now but i may bring up the adoption idea again. Gosh! The thought of giving a child or children a chance at life and love just makes me all mushy inside.

I just don’t understand why Nigerians are not as open to adoption as they should be. Meanwhile we claim to know and love God more than any other set of people but we can’t love a child that is not biologically ours. This is so sad. God knows if i could i would just adopt a bunch of kids and smother them with love!

• Gina March 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM

God will continue to bless and sustain this lovely family and i use them as a point of contact to my sisters in marriage. they will carry their babies soonest. IJN. Amen

• R March 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Amazing, God continue to bless their family!

• majo March 18, 2013 at 6:14 PM

would be nice to hear a story of a couple who adopted in nigeria and adopted a nigerian child. shed some light on the process

• beanie March 18, 2013 at 9:25 PM

i use them as a point of contact to my aunts. May God shine his light of fruitfulness upon them.

• Dedayo March 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Beautiful

• tgirl March 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I am a silent reader but I just had to comment on this….God bless your home segun and seyi, the striking thing to me is that you didnt loose your faith even through the years.
      On adoption in Nigeria, my aunt and uncle who have waited for 10yrs+ now adopted a baby in Nigeria mid last year, and I remember family members kept talking about how dangerous adoption is to the ‘wealth’ of my uncle…what if she had unknown disease etc, but my uncle and aunt went through the adoption process in Nigeria and they adopted a wonderful baby girl. I met her last year when she came to the UK for holiday, she is so adorable. The love around her is overwhelming too…

• feisty chic March 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Accepting adoption has to start from the people who are adopting and then others will accept. I have an adopted brother who is like my own baby and I love him with all my life. Even though we haven’t told him he is adopted(sometimes I actually forget he is) I pray and believe he will be accepting of us. Since we accepted him fully our whole family did too and it inspired others to go adopt their own children. Please people instead of just wasting 16yrs waiting for ur own child, u can help change the story of an abandoned baby in the meantime.

• Marietta March 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM

God bless Segun and Seyi for their inspiring story! and God bless BN! Im trying so hard to hold back my tears cos my roommate’s in the room and i don’t want her thinking ‘that crazy nigerian girl has come again! i love stories like this! id love to own an orphanage! and take on all the babies in the world OPRAHSTYLE! i can’t wait till God gives me the power and knowledge so i can start an orphanage! please bring on more stories like this one!! please BN!!
      and thank you again for inspiring me…. I’ve always wanted to adopt and i will! one day! and of course with the blessings of my future husband and God’s grace!
      Thanks BN!! you’ve made my night!

• msjsbass at www.msjsbass.blogspot.com March 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

going through their story makes me realize adoption isn’t a bad choice afterall although I expect people to still kick against it. its all abt showing and sharing LOVE cuz dats wat we are called to do.

• Olorunsola Adewale Oludare March 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Live and lets live……..a heart of flesh…..giving passion and affection…..your joy will last forever. Amen.

• pearl March 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM

awww!!!!!!!…..so lovely

• kaka March 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM

God bless you!!!!

• Lafunky March 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM

This is inspiring. I’m a Social Worker in the UK/adoption team. I love the couple’s understanding of adoption, and how they have supported each other. I am certain this post will enlighten others.
      Thanks BN for sharing.
      lafunky.blogspot.com

• jen March 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM

aww funke i see you…

• Shenile March 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I love the fact that they shared their story here. I am a big fan for adoption though I am not married. right now, I am looking at all adoption processes in Nigeria and other countries also. What I have notice is that adoption process in Nigeria is just too complicated i.e if you are going through the right channel, I am not discourage. when I tell my friends I want to adopt a child, they always look at me in a funny way. some even ask why the hurry and my reply is always, why d wait. they are thousands of children out there who need our love, care and sense of belonging. When I was still in the university, my friends went to the orphanage for their Legion work and I decided to tag along, a child said something very touching to me, what did she do that her parent had to abandon her. sincerely I was moved.

• zsa zsa March 21, 2013 at 5:53 AM

I almost burst into tears after reading that statement by that child asking what she did that her parents abandoned her…oh my goodness i just imagined my little daughter asking that question GOD FORBID!!!!! I am definitely getting into some form of social work/caring for children….i don’t even know men i’m just sad.

• D Fairy GodSister March 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

This is such a beautiful story…. God is faithful…

• teekay March 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM

so inspiring….. many people i know are really open to adoption unlike before, where people hide fake pregnancies and travel out to later bring home babies(adopted) … this message of adoption was preached by my pastor who incidentally is also waiting on the Lord to have his own child but he has adopted a daughter, he said we should make a positive impact in a childs life if you are looking for the fruit of the womb, dont waste 10YRS OR MORE WAITING for your own baby whereas many children are out there looking for whom to take care of them…i totally support adoption for both married and single ladies who have the resources to take care of such children

• OPHELIA March 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

WOW VERY TOUCHING GOD BLESS YOU BOTH…AS THE SAYING GOES TREAT OTHERS AS IT IS YOUR OWN AND IT SHALL FOREVER BE YOURS…

• eno March 21, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I am so inspired by this story cos its driving home a critical point in me.I am a fan of BN but never commented on any post. I always thought of adoption growing up cos I feel I want 2 kids of my own and maybe 2 more by adoption. It really feels good to me and I trust God to help me. I really wasn’t very sure about the adoption though,But 2months ago I was diagnosed of PCOS and this story gives my joy as well as reading comments of other women living with PCOS.

• PD March 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM

God bless Segun and Seyi for the inspiring story.Your first son is indeed a blessing to your family ,i’m convinced God blessed u with ur biological children becos of the luv u showed to him.
      I have 2 wonderful kids and i ‘ll love to adopt someday.People around me make me feel like adoption is a waste of time whenever i talk about it.Its one of my dreams in life and i ‘ll trust God to make it a reality for me.
      Couples trusting God for the fruit of the womb would experience a turnaround if they can love kids around them,adopt if possible and be a blessing in the children dept of their church.

• Eloho March 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM

This is a very touching story that elevated my spirit.Am really encouraged with all the comments of everyone.i am married for 1yr 4mnth now and i know God will do it in my life too.

• Goldenbaby March 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM

God is always good to his people, may d good Lord continue to bless ur family.

• joy March 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM

thank God for his mercies. This story is so inspiring and i know alot of people will benefit from this same story. God bless segun and seyi.

• jennietobbie March 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Definitely adopting. It’s always been in me. Another nod? Yes, Lord!!

• salsera March 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM

can anyone help with the adoption process in nigeria? for instance if you are not married can you adopt?

• Adaeze March 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Love the story. Would like to adopt too. Jesus was adopted by Joseph so, who can’t be since He who is greater than all was adopted. I have lots of adopted brothers, cousins and relations and they are so much like us. Adopting a child is, making the child yours and teaching the child to grow in the way that is right. May God continue to sustain this blessed couple as they take care of their kids. I also hope that some people who after adopting were blessed with the fruit of the womb won’t start maltreating the child too.

• chi June 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

People.its not as if many won’t love to adopt.but when you look at the process of adopting and the frustrating long waiting list line you get discouraged.why don’t they make adoption easier.so kids will get to bewith families who will show them love .Some parents wanting to give these angels a good life don’t even get approved.smh.a reform should be made.

• ONAKACHI August 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM

What an amazing and inspiring story!

• tutsie August 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Inspiring! God bless u guys! now i understand the yoruba proverb ‘ori omo l’on pe omo wa ye’ (hope i got it right) its a child’s aura/self that will call other children into the home…lovely!!

• Darey August 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

God bless this sweet and beautiful family for being a blessing to us through their lives.