Music Star Sasha P unveils her 2013 Eclectic by Sasha Lookbook – “Freedom”

Out with her second collection since 2011, the music artist known as the ‘First Lady of Nigerian Hip Hop’ Sasha P presents the 2013 collection of her Eclectic by Sasha line; “Freedom”.

The ‘breezy’ collection is fun and easy with signature pieces that provide the everyday woman the versatility to look comfortable and stylish all at the same time. Using fabrics like  light jersey, silk satin, lace and chiffon the Designer created simple and easy going looks channeling the more spirited side of today’s woman.

Shot at the Vantage Beach hotel in Oniru Estate Lagos, this collection used Nigerian TV presenter Yvonne ‘Vixen’ Ekwere to channel a spirited young 70′s woman living in the thrusts of life. The vibrant colors used to create these fetching pieces include rich variations of blue, orange and green like emerald, mikonos blue, samba, acai and koi.

For more information on the Eclectic Label Please visit www.eclecticbysasha.com or e-mail: info@eclecticbysasha.com or eclecticbysasha@gmail.com

Credit
Photography: SHOTBYFEMO
Model: Yvonne “Vixen” Ekwere
Make up: Omobola Bolaji (Glam O’Sphere)
Jewelry: Maria Mcloy SA
Styling: Sasha for EclecticBySasha

69 Comments on Music Star Sasha P unveils her 2013 Eclectic by Sasha Lookbook – “Freedom”
  • Buki March 25, 2013 at 10:13 am

not bad

• Olamiji March 25, 2013 at 10:15 am

Epic fail*notinterestedsmiley

• ArabianPrincess March 25, 2013 at 10:43 am

U dont have to be. Lets see ur creation and we will know what talent U have. These pieces may not be anything out of the blue but they are totally wearable. Support a sister and stop acting evil!

• mmmmh March 27, 2013 at 7:09 am

What’s so evil about saying that she’s not interested?
        Different strokes for different folks… everyone doesn’t have the same taste so chill :)

• Yve March 25, 2013 at 10:21 am

I like the white blouse with lace at the back and the purple maxi with the high slit. The collection is ok.

• Cleo March 26, 2013 at 9:47 am

Yeahs white blouse to me was the best….

• ozzy March 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

DEAD COLLECTION

• Retrochic March 25, 2013 at 10:38 am

wow, nice collection, have some favourites already

• ufuoma ojomaikre March 25, 2013 at 10:41 am

is it me or the model or the clothes

• amaaa@yahoo.com March 25, 2013 at 6:32 pm

The model for sure nice collection I think the model failed woefully to bring life to the collection

• Ready March 27, 2013 at 9:12 am

Yep. I agree. My faves were the ones where I didn’t see the model’s face.

• goldfinch March 27, 2013 at 4:16 pm

It’s definitely the model and maybe the photography.
      The collection is ok but somethings just went off.

• Temizzy March 25, 2013 at 10:43 am

good start, looking forward to more. Go Sasha

• kike March 25, 2013 at 10:57 am

um…always said sasha p didn’t have the designing skills in her and it shows so well here..no disrespect..but truly most of the clothes are just basic and some scream cheap!!!!!!make it stop already

• Bunmi March 25, 2013 at 11:11 am

Number 3 is my favourite. I like it. I hate that the wig looks like a Halloween afro wig or a mad woman’s afro. I wish the model was a professional model or someone whose face & body are relaxed.

• Fifi March 25, 2013 at 11:34 am

Y does yvonne have the same expression in each picture??clothes not bad sasha seems to be improving…one day she will get there but she needs to go to fashion school or a course to learn to think outside the box n stop relying on designs from vogue or in style….

• Tumi March 25, 2013 at 11:35 am

Trying to be objective but I can’t. Yvonne being the model just threw me off. Maybe it’s cos she’s everywhere (thanks to Bella).

Well done Sasha.

• Abiola March 25, 2013 at 11:41 am

i like them…rily nice..@Arabian Princess…exactly my tots

• Toyosi March 25, 2013 at 11:44 am

Please use another model and photographer next time and/or get a proper director for the shoot. These pictures don’t do the clothes justice.

• chuchusweets March 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm

You know,its okay all togeda but Dear Sashs P, dont give up your day job…well done

• Marc Francis of Chelsea March 25, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Styling fail. Hire a model–so annoying when people use celebrities to do lookbooks. There’s a reason modeling is a profession. You don’t call a bricklayer to fix your toilet.

If this is the reason you were dropped from Samsung, then sorry boo but back to the drawing board you go. And I’m sure the same people “in love” with this mess are the one’s that call Maki Oh’s crap so please listen to me and not them.

• ArabianPrincess March 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Since U have got professionalism reeled up your sleeves in the name of PR. Why not contact SashaP to hire you. At least, we will know U have channelled your criticism in the right direction. If U can’t do that, please do not knock the First Lady’s Hustle…okay!

P.S: I do not know her from Adam but I simply detest people saying vile things when in fact they can not or are not willing to help….Carpe Diem!

• Bleed blue March 25, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Ahhhh…. Marc Francis of Chelsea…I bow at the shrine of your poshness

• FashionLagos March 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I agree!The model made the clothes look dowdy.She was too stiff and did not show case the pieces in a good way.The styling is also off!This looks like the look book of a rookie fashion house! It’s like no thought was put into it.There is simply no wow factor here! Nothing makes it stand out.I am not inspired by the images. If your look book is not leaving people wanting more, then you have failed! If Sasha is smart, she will take the comment from Marc Francis as constructive criticism and work on making her next look book WOW!

• Blueskys March 25, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Next time use a better model but the clothes are nice, I would buy it

• Babious March 25, 2013 at 12:37 pm

not feeling Vixens hair. Nice collection sasha P

• Priscy March 25, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Nice one…

• Chioma March 25, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Tacky collection

• HRS March 25, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I like…. Truly, I like…. It’s everyday wear, and regular peeps will love these. I would love to rock some of these to work and church. :) Well Don Sasha! :)

• marisa March 25, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Pls stop diSsin sashsa her brand is high street n high street designs re based on d designs of pretaport wears so undastnd b4 criticisin.

• marisa March 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Love ur stuff sashs

• Carrie Bradshaw March 25, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Sasha Pski! Lol…. Awww she tried o. Although, I don’t see anything edgy or mind blowingly creative in this collection but all the pieces are very commercial and wearable….and ultimately, that’s what counts in the real world…. So, good for her! #thumbsup:)

• NecoleNwaMama March 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Is this a halloween collection??? … oh btw MGBEKE called, she wants all her clothes and afro hair back!!. LMAO… LOOOL

• Flora March 25, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Not bad, like some1 said its wearable. Keep it up Sasha, sky is ur limit.

• dont mention March 25, 2013 at 1:46 pm

i must say she has stepped up the game,……..they were not steal-my-breath-away pieces but compared to her first one, she has improved a great deal but she chose the wrong person to model her clothes or mayb its just the wrong hair on de model , bc that hair is calling all the attention away from the pieces to the hair instead….but nonetheless, practice makes perfect as they say, she is honning her skills n bf u know it, she will b at the top…..keep it up first lady…..
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• hillaryduff March 25, 2013 at 2:08 pm

The collections are nice seriously…
    I tink d prblm here is dat ppl have a tyn for Yvonne(negative tots)
    Sasha diz is business and you have to satisfy ur customers/buyers
    Tink of using a model instead of Yvonne
    Me I like her
    One man’s food another man’s poison.

• Cello March 25, 2013 at 2:14 pm

More hits than misses. Presentation could be better as some clothes did not looked ironed. But looks promising, Go Sasha P!

• eggyposh March 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Not blown away by the clothes o but everything would have looked better with a professional model, a creative stylist and a good photographer. Everything just seems bla in my opinion but then dear Sasha P our comments should not stop you from raising up your game. You are already on your way there just much more creativity, finesse and a good stylist to work with you.

• dee March 25, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I hope people your clothes o, or maybe dis na hobby.

• how to make special fried rice ‘chinese’ March 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm

beautiful, amazing job!

• Sbaby March 27, 2013 at 12:25 am

How dare you ridicule the word Amazing and use it for this collection

• Madam the Madam March 25, 2013 at 4:33 pm

The pieces aren’t bad, but Yvonne Vixen didn’t do the clothes justice as a “model”, and I’m not feeling the way Sasha styled them either.

• ola March 25, 2013 at 4:41 pm

The wig could have been styled better to make it look more natural.

• Beauty March 25, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I Like the clothes and the photography / location. Don’t really dig the model though. Looks like everyday high street clothes. I particularly like the white lacy top and the skirt. Well done SashaP. Just keep improving yourself. All the best.

• new bride March 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Hope they’re not expensive sha

• menoword March 25, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I liked the fact that I could see myself in so many of these outfits. Lovely.

• Distance is killing me,miss my boo! March 25, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Why this model,her face,muscular..there are loadz of fresh,lean models….luv it sha

• konnie March 25, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I love the purple ankle length dress. Work on the finishing (details). go on girl

• Adeola March 25, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Nice everyday collections, but am awaiting the edgy, difference in just any other everyday wear. Can do better. Plus, as said by majority, hire a professional staff, ignore the money part. You want good quality from the beginning to the end of your label. Hence, a professional Stlyist, noteable and pro photographer, and most importantly a REAL, FIECRE and TALENTED MODEL who will work with your materials and bring the Sasha p out.

• Adeola March 25, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Btw, I love that jumpsuit, perfect color, perfect styling with the shoes (y).

• truetalk March 25, 2013 at 11:48 pm

love it!

• Dee March 26, 2013 at 6:48 am

I can totally wear all the pieces! Whoever directed the photoshoot should ve been creative tho, I mean the model was just standing in most of the pictures, didn’t do just to the really fab designs. But way to go Sasha I’m sure you can only get better

• Sweetie March 26, 2013 at 8:43 am

Shudnt have used Yvonne. Epic fail. Nice clothes by d way.

• Shadylaj March 26, 2013 at 9:21 am

Hmnnn…… IMO, everything is wrong – the model, the designs( not classy), the photography and the location. The fashion industry has really evolved and you cannot afford to just not put in a bit of class even in simplicity. That said, i believe being a great designer is a process so do not give up Sasha.

• Guest March 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

They didn’t give this much thought now did they?

• Berry Dakara March 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I really wasn’t expecting to see anything I liked, but I’m pleasantly surprised. I still think the clothes aren’t sewn very well, but there are a few pieces I could add to my closet.

That wig is TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!

• Fola March 26, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I love the fact that the outfits are very stylish but more importantly, practical and wearable. Nice! Hopefully the prices are just as wonderful.

• Abiola March 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Yvone don suffer *laughing in iran*koikoikoikoikoikwikwikwikwikwikwi*

• Tosin March 26, 2013 at 5:24 pm

nice and wearable. well done, sista sasha.
    would go well with minku bags hehe. check out minku.

• Tosin March 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm

just read through the comments, it seems some people don’t like the model. Girl, if you’re reading this – you rock. I think she looks strong and lovely.
    And for those who don’t like concept – 70s overdone afro, oh well, one day…
    The people talking mess about finishing, who dash – not like they’re going to buy, finished or not.

• Tongryang Pantu March 26, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Nice. Keep at it Sash

• Lil Miss March 26, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Loing evry piece

• www.thebanquethall.blogspot.com March 26, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I love them….nice Sasha. Easter is around…celebrate Jesus, He is alive you know.
    thebanquethall.blogspot.com

• Missy March 26, 2013 at 11:40 pm

You guys complain too much! Kai! I like the clothes. And Yvonne Vixen wasnt bad. I think Sasha did a good job. well done girl! *wonder how many things these snarky mouths here have created?

• splendour March 27, 2013 at 1:26 am

D collection is dead jur, she shld jst stick to rap

• Omolara March 27, 2013 at 3:14 pm

i wonder how some pple wu do not have the slightest talent jes get on blogs n pass stupid comments! if u wanna criticize pls do it constructively and nt jes tongue lash pple any aw. * ADVICE: u’ll neva make it to the top if you keep bringing odas down* u knw ursefs.

• Pelumi March 29, 2013 at 7:33 pm

These look like clothes you can pick up anywhere, not much originality, I honestly thought she was modeling her wardrobe..only item i liked was the skirt with the white top.

• StyloholiC April 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Electrify me by Sasha and I am pressing fashion charges… What in the world is this? MessycollecT.com(the com is silent tho)

• Anonymous April 5, 2013 at 11:25 am

I have never thought designing was for Sasha, but after looking at this collection I’d say she’s improving. The thing is usually if you repeat something over and over, chances are you’ll get better. This may be the case here. However that is not to say there aren’t people who are born designers.
    I admire her doggedness at this new profession despite all the criticism. Also our ever ubiquitous social media also makes ones mistakes harder to recover from when you’re in the spotlight. The truth is a lot of the chanels and pradas of today didn’t become accepted overnight. In Coco Chanel’s biography her signature womens suits inspired by the military uniforms of World War 1 were greeted with a lot of indignation because up till then women were not known to wear suits, but fast forward a century later her fashion house is known the world over!
    I agree with the person who said she may need to go to design school but let’s give her some encouragement. She may still have a very long way to go but at least she’s doing something constructive.