Posted on Thursday, April 11th, 2013 at 2:36 PM

By Jennifer Obiuwevbi

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen8 - Bellanaija - April2013Two years ago singer/photographer TY Bello collaborated with Nigerian make up brand and training company House of Tara to launch the Jubilee Collection. Now is TY going solo and launching her own line of beauty products? No, but in the early hours of yesterday morning she took to her twitter handle to talk about her favorite beauty products and what she uses to maintain her hair and face.

From Tamarind paste to tea tree oil she gave brief reviews about her beauty regimen giving all her followers advice on what they could use to get stellar skin and hair.

View the tweets below.

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen6 - BellaNaija - April2013

@momatweeta pointed me to Treseme natural conditioner. It’ll smooth out the most ‘takoko natchi’ hair. Don’t know what they put in it. It works!

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen7 - BellaNaija - April2013

I drop tea tree oil into my facial wash to get that ‘tea tree-ness’ when I break out. Be careful though because it can be drying

Tresemme Conditioner & tea tree oil - BellaNaija - April2013

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen1 - BellaNaija - April2013

Tamarind paste is the most intense vitamin C you will ever use…it has an unparalleled antioxidant power…it lifts dullness and is also really cheap

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen3 - BellaNaija - April2013

Body shop Vitamin C has no vitamin C. At least not enough to actually do anything for you. It smells like citrus but that’s pretty much it

Body Shop Vitamin C - BellaNaija - April2013

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen2 - BellaNaija - April2013

Use aqueous cream instead of gel to sleek your hair down. It holds just as well and it’ll never flake. It’s super cheap and has all that moisture

TY Bello Beauty ProductTweet - April - BellaNaija2013002

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen4 - BellaNaija - April2013

If you ever try Lancôme miracle teint foundation, You shall absolutely trash whatever you’re using. It’s a #lightbulb under your skin. It’s an inner glow in a bottle

TY Bello Tweets about her Beauty Regimen5 - BellaNaija - April2013

@konyenwagbor introduced me to Olay facial cloths. It’s super if you’re on the go. You’ll never have to pack a face wash and have it spill on everything

Lancome Foundation & Olay Facial Cloths - BellaNaija - April2013

Pretty solid advice. What beauty advice do you have to share?

Photo Credit: webforthewomen.com | ewell.com | makeup411.com | yourdiscountchemist.com.au | thebodyshop.com | cunggie.com | canadianbeauty.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 54 Comments on “Want the TY Bello Glow? Singer/Photographer shares her Beauty Regimen on Twitter”

Comments
    • konie April 11, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Nice info.

• Chinwe April 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Great!!! Will try some of them out.

• BIG UP YOUR LIFE -www.anemistyle.com April 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Fab info! Also using tumeric on your skin is awesome especially after being under the sun, it evens out your skin tone and makes your skin glow with out giving you the bleached look. (Lil tip from my grandma old school beauty treatment). You are welcome!

• yudy April 12, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Pls dearie, where can I get tumeric?Have heard so much bout it.Its a spice right?Heard its yellow/yellowish in coLour.Pls,would like to get it ASAP.Thanx

• Subomi Douglas April 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Punjabi people use tumeric a lot. Check their stores.

• Fifi April 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I swear by the vitamin c facial scrub n serum from body shop,just becos it didnt work for her dont mean it doesnt work for others…i get the glow…every1′s skin differs

• Madam the Madam April 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Great tips! How does one use tamarind paste? I believe it’s meant for cooking Asian dishes?

• MyHairBeautyNIGERIA.com April 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Tea tree is amazing, for both the skin and scalp!
      Read more: myHairmyBeautyNIGERIA.com

• amarachi April 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM

9ic one thanks 4 d info

• Tiki April 11, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I totally agree with the TRESemmé tip! My sister gave me the dregs of her bottle to try out once, and I absolutely loved it! Works wonders on my kinky hair. Also almond oil for the hair is fabulous…

• ArabianPrincess April 11, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Dearie, do U know where I can get the TRESemme conditioner?

• Cello April 11, 2013 at 4:39 PM

No dont want it dont need it. I see no glow!

• Precious April 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM

i hear tumeric is good too, we need to be patient when using stuffs sha, one @ A TIME, and people and skin differs, so…food for digestion

• @lifetrumylens.com April 11, 2013 at 5:27 PM

great tips but i think its more effective to take the vitamin c orally than in scrubs and creams cuz it is a water soluble vitamin

• jcsgrl April 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Hmnnn BN are you referring to her glow in real life or her pictures? If its the pictures, then its photoshop. Sorry I’ve seen her upclose and personal and there’s nothing too glowrific about her skin. Its really regular nothing for me to go seeking her beauty regiments for. Post my comment o!
      All the same I guess her recommendations work for her. And before anyone talks, I don’t have a glowrific skin either

• Just Saying April 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

“are you referring to her glow in real life or her pictures?” ROTFLMAO!!!.
        You’ve really got me in stitches with that one! Loooooollll!!!
        After the comments on this article, I will be diversifying my business to start importing Tresamme products and Tumeric into Naija. :)

• Eniyan April 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Lmaoooooo!!! And the hair too is fake, dunno what she’s saying. Fakers united!

• bumbum April 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM

you are absolutely correct, she actually did reveal her hair secret, its a weave. read below or go here: that1960chick.com/2011/05/17/mane-attraction-ty-bello-reveals-hair-secrets-is-it-a-weave-or-not/
          “Its taken me a couple of years of practice with natural hair texture to figure out what works for my hair.
          I have natural hair and texturise very lightly though, because I start to have my hair break once my texturised curl pattern is different from that of my natural growth.
          A few years ago, Banke Meshida introduced me to kinky curly, so I use the whole range.
          I love my own hair, but work has me on the move all the time and I find that unless its twisted ,my natural hair tends to revert with naija humidity.. So my sisters.. I’ve learnt to love my weave.
          A good weave that blends flawlessly with natural hair is … Sleek afro cool curl. You can get it at their stores in lagos. Ify Ugochukwu kept me stocked with those babies for years. Its really versatile so I blow dry and twist for a more natural finish.
          My motto for weaves though, is to make sure its as close to your hair as possible. If any one has to ask, ”What weave is that ?” Then you’ve failed. I must confess that sometimes even I get carried away and pile on hair till I look like a tree. I used to be a hairstylist for years so I cut and layer my own hair (yes! nautral hair is better layered to fit your face). I’m looking forward to getting back into the hair business, maybe not as a stylist this time but I’ve been cooking up some potions for natural hair in humid weather, they actually work! Its funny cause I’ve been mixing stuff up for hair since I was eleven. Yeah.. And warmed up shea butter mixed with shea oil is magic on the scalp, just let it warm up in the microwave a bit and slather on your scalp. I massage and leave on for hours before I wash.”
          However, the products i can vouch for are; Tresemme natural(walahi! it works wonders) and the Lancomme teint foundation.

• pynk April 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

eyebrows gotta go.

• The original Beebee April 11, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Errm…thanks but no thanks!!!!

BN, I want Toke Makinwa’s bleaching tips….*datsall*

• madman April 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM

loool

• Subomi Douglas April 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Ah ah now. That is mean.

• Oaken April 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I don’t want her bleaching tips. I just want to know what she dos to make her skin so gorgeous

• soso April 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hello Everyone !!! Please I need your help ! I have chronic dandruff and a smelly scalp problem , even if I wash my hair everyday it still smells horrible like feet odour or stale sweat. Does anyone have experience treating this problem successfully or getting rid of it permanently. I have tried sulphur 8 shampoo and tea tree oil , It gets rid of the smell but I stink of sulphur or tea tree oil all day. Is there something else I can use or do to keep my scalp odour free ,I would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

• Sarah April 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM

U need to see a dermatologist ASAP. U might have eczema or psoriasis or some other skin condition. You scalp is an extension of your skin. Please please see a doctor.

• M April 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Heads and shoulder shampoo and conditioning set the itchy scalp care, it does wonders

• Ms sexy April 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Head and shoulders don’t work anymore
          Try Nairobi dandruff shampoo and conditioner
          Let ur stylist part ur hair into lines and apply d conditioner after shampooing and cover at a steamer cap, steam wt t for like 10 mins and do it every week, d small bottle of d conditioner is about $12+ but it work wonders, try t and come back and tell us, u wl never exp that dandruff again and then, wash ur hair every week, some heads cannot stand rough weather more than a week, n ori rich Man U get

• Pinkfunky April 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Poor Diet Equals Poor Hair Growth
        Eating processed foods more often than fresh foods, or not eating fresh food at all, consuming excess amounts of caffeine, or not drinking enough water is important factors that are likely to cause dry scalp and slow hair growth.
        Often times, it may be a lack of certain vitamins and minerals found in food that is required for the sebaceous glands to function well, that cause the problem of dry scalp and hair, which can lead to breakage.
        *Try eating fresh/organic fruit and vegetables every day, and drink at least 6-8 glasses of water to fortify and hydrate your body!

• Omo April 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM

You should use Nizoral shampoo. It an anti-fungal shampoo and works very well too. Use once a week and you will see the results almost immediately after its first use. Also, you can get it in a pharmacy store. PHARMACY ni o! No b road side drug store.

• Partyrider April 12, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Nizoral shampoo is really good. use it to wash your hair like 2 times a week for about a month and then see results. i wont advise you to use it every day,not healthy. good luck

• a April 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Try using shea butter on your scalp, consistently for about a month. It works wonders!!!!!!!!!!!

• Partyrider April 12, 2013 at 11:39 PM

oh for the nizoral shampoo dont wash it off immediately,leave it for like 20mins..uhmm i know 20mins is a long time,but hey just for it to be effective :)

• Titi April 13, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Try Nizoral shampoo it’s excellent for treating dandruff but you have to use sparingly as the one sold in nig is prescription strength . Try and avoid any extensions on your hair while treating it to enable you was as often as you need to

• salsera April 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM

it may not be dandruff, check on line for scalp issues and see what relates to you have, theres a name for it and i think its some antibacterial soap that treats it and see a dermatologist.

• Queen E April 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

All i can say is that the Tea tree oil, wash, cream and wash works wonders for me. It gives me the silky feel, so much so that i’m great even without foundation. i recommend you try it….it may work for you as well.

• comment waiting moderation! April 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Lol@ “are you referring to her glow in pic or in real life”? Dead with laf…Pls BN I need genny,Tiwa,Agbani or Oluchi glow tips,wether in pic or real life!

• Lola April 11, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Oya o…where can one get tamarind to buy in lagos?

• Mimi April 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Anythg dandruff if abroad try using eucalyptus oil on ur scalp daily it stings but works magic

• anti-hate April 12, 2013 at 1:37 AM

@Soso please I advise u cut ur hair…I had a similar problem too…cut it, dnt relax…wash and dry naturally with a good product…I use Dr miracle!…goodluck

• Pinkfunky April 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Be careful with anything that you apply to your face, skin, hair and scalp! I have shared some honestly healthy (alkaline free) DIY tips below:
      The Miracle Mask
      This DIY mask, made of nutmeg, honey, and cinnamon, is calming and soothing for stressed-out skin – in addition, it smells absolutely amazing! The secret? Nutmeg and honey act as natural anti-inflammatory, which can reduce swelling and redness in skin. They’re also great for soothing acne scars and preventing infection. In addition, the nutmeg and cinnamon also work to exfoliate your skin when you wash this mask off.

3 Amazing Oils for Youthful Skin
      Sweet Almond Oil: Effective makeup remover and moisturizer. It has a great effect on fighting wrinkles, as well as having an anti-bacterial effect on the skin.

Avocado: Moisturizes, reduces appearance of age spots, heals sun damage and scars. Additionally, avocado regenerates and rejuvenates the skin. Avocado increases collagen in the skin and therefore is an anti-aging ingredient in skin care. Avocado oil has superior moisturizing qualities.

Jojoba: Balances skin’s sebum, therefore beneficial for both dry and oily skin types. It is also an eye-makeup remover rich in moisturizing properties.

Hair Treatment
      Here are a couple of combinations to try.
      Grape seed Oil and Coconut Oil
      Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel
      Castor Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      Avocado Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      Honey, Extra Virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil

What you will need to get started:
      A plastic cap and any of your favourite oil mixtures.

Instructions:
      1. Separate dry hair into four sections
      2. Gently finger comb each section to remove any tangles
      3. Take mixture of your favourite oils and butters and apply it to each section of hair making sure to saturate each section with the oil mixture.
      4. Put plastic cap or plastic bag on your head.
      5. Leave mixture on for a minimum of 30 minutes or this can be left on overnight for maximum moisture.
      6. Rinse oil mixture out of hair with cool water to lock in the moisture.
      7. Apply small amount of sulphate free shampoo and wash hair, then style as normal.

• Msunderstood April 12, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Try marykay even tone mask n microdermabrasion-magic

• Temizzy April 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM

if tamarind is what ii think it is then i think the Hausa name is called SAMIYA, ask a mallam who sells fruits if they have Samiya. i used to eat it alot as a kid. Hmmmm life we have all this great in Nigeria, its just the names that confuses people. soo Samiya it is, its sour while others are sweet though if you taste it.

• tolulope April 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM

skin types differs, what works for her might not work for someone else. i guess readers needs to be very careful.

• lagoslodnonprgirl April 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Aww the lovely TY Bello

Great advice

One should also try the Aussie Coconut deep conditioner. Cheap cheerful and absolutely conditions natural and relaxed hair.

My must have facial mask. Honey and salt scrub. Leave it on for ten mins. ( make sure you heat it slightly). Then you are good to glow. Three times a week is fab.

But more importantly a gorgeous smile radiates beauty beyond any bottled product.
      :-)

• Amebo April 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I saw tummeric i at Park & Shop port harcourt so i guess it will be in Lagos too. Check the spice section

• gistyinka April 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM

nice information sis.. you just rock like nneka… gistyinka.com

• zizi April 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

TY Bello, hope you are reading this..please start your own line,…you have the wow factor and apparently when it comes to beauty, your advice works cos you are naturally beautiful.

make some money off your looks dear…

much love

• Pd April 15, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Teatree oil….bumps solver….love it…..

• ALEXIA April 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

o bella naija how i love thee right now. thanx for sharing these tweets

• Funmi April 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Thanks for the tips

• HRS April 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

@BellaNaija, Post naaaaaaaa!!!!! myafricanhairitagestyle.wordpress.com/

• chynny April 24, 2013 at 7:04 AM

where can one buy this Lancôme miracle teint foundation in Lagos, i wanna try it

• iamfascinating April 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Turmeric is available on our site, thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• Imelda Berry May 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM