Nigerian Singer Seyi Shay Shares her Make Up & Style Tips on VMZ Star Style

VMZ Style Star - BellaNaija - July2013

She is the sassy, sexy and energetic Iranwo singer we have all come to love. Today, the beautiful Seyi Shay is going to be sharing her style secrets, make up routine and content of her make up bag with us.

On a new series titled VMZ Style Star, they give you an inside look at the style of your favorite celebrities. For their first edition, we learn that Seyi Shay has a clear liking for MAC products, likes to go all out on stage and still holds dear style tips she got from Tina Knowles (Beyonce’s Mum).

Watch Video below

For more information visit www.vmzonline.com

11 Comments on Nigerian Singer Seyi Shay Shares her Make Up & Style Tips on VMZ Star Style
  • Farida July 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

i recognize the lovely handbag! its by our Abuja madam Tinu aka Jameslully
    Seyi Shey is clean sha >>i like

• goldfinch July 16, 2013 at 11:55 am

Her weave…SMH

• Tosin July 16, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I dont understand her style,always looking rough,her outfit to BBA made her look like ojuju calabar,she needs a better stylist ASAP

• seki July 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I was going to tell you to shut up! Not everyone needs a stylist but that was before I actually watched the video. Yes! Please this girls needs a stylist…I don’t even understand why she is giving make up tips? her make looks horrid maybe it’s the light? But yes seyi invest in a good stylist ASAP because in your line of work appearance is everything. Pele and don’t do your make up when you’re going perform. On a positive note: She’s a good dancer her moves reminded me a bit of beyonce’s moves. Kudos!

• www.myHairmyBeautyNigeria.com July 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Where do we see more videos? I definitely love this!

• tatafo! July 16, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I haven’t watched the video but in Seyi’s defense I would say that I think humidity plays a big factor in makeup application. I read somewhere that Seyi lived in the U.S or U.K before relocating back to naija. I feel like you need to use more highly pigmented makeup to get the same effect as you would in less humid areas like in the U.S/U.K
    And also, I feel like there is less pressure to pack on as much colorful makeup since women are more casual at least in the U.S, so ladies get away with more natural looking makeup.

That said, I love her natural looking makeup. Also be kind to her, she is still finding her feet and it takes time to get a team or stylists and beauty professionals that one can work with. You’ll be surprised just finding a hair salon can be a challenge because we all have different preferences and what works for one may not work for the other. Seyi is a star and she will find her style/beauty wings with time.

• ldld July 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

those brows. hmmmmm.

• dinky July 18, 2013 at 10:25 am

Not hating or anything but I am not aware she has a “style”….. and that hair? ooooooof! hideous!!

• Blacky July 19, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Seyi looks like Kerry Washington

• LiveLaughLove July 23, 2013 at 6:50 pm

She seems down to earth and likeable… but she should have attributed her style tip to Coco Chanel, who said, “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.”