2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards: Full List of Winners & Scoop

And the winners are…

Yesterday Sunday 1st September 2013, the 8th annual Nigeria Entertainment Awards took place at the NYU Skirball Center for Performing Arts, New York City, USA.

The show was hosted by comedian Basketmouth. It kicked off with a performance by Mish and the Calabar dancers.

Artistes who performed on stage include Iyanya, Emma Nyra, Niyola, Phyno, Ajebutter 22, Dammy Krane and Sean Tizzle.

Taking home some of biggest nods were Rita Dominic for best actress in a film, Olamide’s YBNL for album of the year, Iyanya‘s Kukere for hottest single of the year and Ice Prince for best rap act.

Phyno and Olamide closed the show with their hit song “Ghostmode”, which took home the award for best collaboration.

Check out the full list of winners!

2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards Winners

Davido

Best Rap Act of the Year
Ice Prince

Music Producer of the Year
Spellz

Music Video of the Year
Ghetto – Shank (Patrick Ellis)

Most Promising Male Act to Watch

Olamide

Best Collaboration
Ghost Mode – Phyno Feat. Olamide

Best Lead Actor in acFilm
OC Ukeje (Alan Poza)

Best Lead Actress in a Film
Rita Dominic (The Meeting)

Best Supporting Actor in a Film
Ali Nuhu (Blood and Henna)

Best Supporting Actress in a Film
Tunde Aladese (Confusion Na Wa)

Best Film Director
Tunde Kelani (Maami)

Best Picture (Film Producer)
Last Flight to Abuja (Obi Emelonye)

Best TV Show
Big Brother Africa

Best Pan African Actor
John Dumelo (Letters to My Mother)

Best Pan African Actress
Nadia Buari (Single & Married)

Best World DJ

Best Entertainment Executive
Ubi Franklin

Best International Actor
Dayo Okeniyi

Best International Actress
Hope Olaide Wilson

If you missed the feature on first photos from the event, click HERE

58 Comments on 2013 Nigeria Entertainment Awards: Full List of Winners & Scoop
  • Olori Tari September 2, 2013 at 9:38 pm

So proud of Olamide..give dem !

• Sake September 2, 2013 at 9:44 pm

SHANKS.. GHETTO..Infact i love all his songs… He delivers…..

• Vicky September 2, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Rita’s dress is very nice without the batman hood.

• Chigbo September 2, 2013 at 10:07 pm

What is Juliet Ibrhim doing there?

• iba September 3, 2013 at 12:15 am

I didnt see her though but she is always in these sort of events. congrats to the winners but i expected to see more of the bigger boys in the Nigerian music industry abi dem nor snap them photo?

• Goldmyne Entertainment September 2, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Big congratulations to Olamide

• Yetunde September 2, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Rita Dominic looks very gorgeous!!

• Lily September 2, 2013 at 10:44 pm

See empty seats

• goldfinch September 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm

you took the words right outta my mouth. I have no idea why the award took place in NY. Still doesn’t make sense to me.

• elleven45 September 2, 2013 at 10:52 pm

With that dressing, Rita Dominic looks like modern day Dracula.

• Miss_Flygerian September 2, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Rita looks gorgeous, man. She is one lady who never disappoints.

The event looks so ratchet. If they held it in Nigeria, there would have been more guests in attendance. A Nigerian awards show being held in NY? That’s just laughable. What a bunch of olodos.

• AKTOR365 blogs September 2, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Congratulations to olamide the biggest winner of the day

• Biodun September 2, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Loll @ Vicky , she tried to copy Hollywood actress but it really looks good on her,dare to be fab,btw Chinese people should take a seat,Nigerian tailors are good.

• BellaYankee September 2, 2013 at 11:56 pm

With how many years these NEA organizers have they still can’t use HD screens. But they want to pose as the top awards show for Nigeria outside of Nigeria. Invest in your own progress and we can believe your hype. Schew.

• Omalicha September 3, 2013 at 12:09 am

Congrats to my boo Olamide!

Phyno deserves the Most promising male act to watch! Who da heck is “Endia”??

• Judy September 3, 2013 at 12:22 am

Rita Dominic’s dress is a cheap version of Gweneth Palthrows Oscar dress. Smh

• Uche September 3, 2013 at 12:27 am

I tell u o ! Empty seats no be small

• eno udo September 3, 2013 at 1:28 am

THOSE IBOM ATTITUDE DANCERS WHO OPENED THE SHOW WITH MISH REALLY ROCKED THE HOUSE – AKWA IBOM AYAYA!!!

• Naveah September 3, 2013 at 7:58 pm

My dear, they were wearing EFIK dance costume not Ibibio which is usually a wrapper around the waist and a piece of cloth around the breast. NEVER has Ibibio people dance abang. It is always and will always be an Efik dance and tradition. I don’t know when Ibibio people started copying Efik clothing starting with wearing Oyonyo, braiding the hair with edisak ukwak, wearing Usobo, Okpomkpom, ikpa ukot nkwa at their weddings to dancing abang but at least give credit where credit is due. When you imitate another person’s culture, give the respect due to those people.

Yes, it is true Akwa Ibom ayaya, yaya mme ekem mfo. Yes, you are a beautiful people but please beautify yourself with your own culture/tradition and leave Efik people’s things alone.

• Fravian September 3, 2013 at 1:33 am

Y wont dere b an empty sit? Wen d venue ΐƨ out of d country. Wit the whole away venue, nofin ‘wowing’. Hia….
    BN pls post more pics 2feed our eyes, learn n criticize (įf need be).

• rixon September 3, 2013 at 3:23 am

The place was packed actually….People came late but packed the place nonetheless…..Those were early pics from the night….

• Vicky September 3, 2013 at 2:09 am

Juliet Ibrahim is MTN everywhere she goes.

• xtsy September 3, 2013 at 2:34 am

they sha had to use up all the left over lining

• sona September 3, 2013 at 5:32 am

Ok is it me or this categories are not properly done or named? How can u put best Pop/RnB Artist in one category. Also what criteria was used select single of the year? ( I honestly disagree with the single of the year choice). Kukere was dropped 2 years ago. So it. Doesn’t make sense. That it was even nominated not to talk of winning. I think some things aren’t right . This is because if care isn’t taken, NEA. Might just be viewed as a conglomerate of rubbish rather. Than a reputable award show. Single Ladies ran as a top single as well as We found lovebut for the category of single of the year it was nominated within the period of one year.

• Bird’s Eye September 3, 2013 at 6:39 am

It was packed. Basket mouth was hilarious and so was Bovi. Olumide and Phyno didn’t close the show only Olamide did. He joined Phyno on stage for the Ghost mode collabo then Phyno left just like they did at DKM. Inyanya’s performance was nice but I don’t know why he didn’t sing What’s your flavour? Abi what’s the name of that song? I’m glad he didn’t take off his shirt sha. Ajebutter too did his thing. That his dance where he takes 3 revolving steps back and shouts HEY during the Alanta song is funny. Ramsey Nuoah, Ramsey, Ram, come and marry me. Nicola was really good. Loved her outfit. Emma Nyra was good as well. She performed shortly after receiving her awar so she was quite hyped. The chic that sang that gaga song did a collabo with someone and was GOOD. She even did a full split at some point. I was happy for Zahara from SA. She had a lot of twitter support and she won. She didn’t attend though but her friend picked her award for her and I’m sure a lot of guys liked it like that. Lol… You’d understand if you we’re there. Ice Prince didn’t perform but he looked dapper! Dj Zimo did a good job. Special assistant to the President on research was present (lol) and so was Honourable Abike Dabiri. Muna looked good and so did Gbenro Ajibade.

I just had a weird thought of my comment disappearing or the page crashing before I get the chance to hit the post your comment button lol.

BN you owe me :)

• Bird’s Eye September 3, 2013 at 6:39 am

Niyola*

• Bird’s Eye September 3, 2013 at 6:53 am

Ooh, Sean Tizzle too was good, he really flowed the crowd

• Segun September 3, 2013 at 7:20 am

I find it very stupid that the NEA AWARDS are been held in the states like seriously the UK has offered so much to the Nigerian Entertainment Industry from sell out shows to movie premiers most Nigerians in the states don’t even follow the industry . I would love to see the NEA AWARDS held in London and also appreciate those Nigerians ripping naija in their arts.

But congrats to all the winners Jah bless

• Arike-Adey September 3, 2013 at 7:25 am

Congratulations to them all. I beautiful and handsome faces. I think Labi Layori is totally awesome @ her job. Producer of d year sha, I dunno plus Shank’s Ghetto for best picture kwa. What year are we reviewing again. All in all. Good stuff

• Bella September 3, 2013 at 9:53 am

Best TV – Big Brother Africa – na lie!

• Lilly September 3, 2013 at 10:06 am

Can we really give out awards cos they deserve it or ……………….
    E.g Gospel Artist/Group of the Year -Sammy Okposo
    What happened to Frank Edward, Sinach, Nataniel Bassey , Samsung e.t.c

• hmmmm September 3, 2013 at 3:43 pm

on point!

• Mariaah September 4, 2013 at 10:53 am

And plus including Chris Morgan!! Most of this Nigerian award shows are just fake..

• gooci….zambia September 3, 2013 at 10:26 am

zonefam was to win da best southern Africa….fake awards,watchout da Zambian musical awards how they are conducted….shammmmmmmmmmmme NEA

• TESLIM September 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm

YBNL—#TEAM WADOO

• Ayobola September 3, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Daddy Freeze looks sooooo soooo fine in that pic! Gosh make he come marry me! I used to crush on Ramsey before but now I think freeze is essay finer!

• konne September 3, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Rita, love your outfit

• R2bees Rock! love the Nigga songs September 3, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Olamide!

• Naveah September 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I was there and actually the place was packed all the way to the back. The performances were ABYSMAL! I don’t know what happened this year but compared to the other years that had performers like TUFACE IDIBIA, ELDEE, WAJE, LARA GEORGE, OMAWUMI, WIZ KID, M.I., JESSE JAGZ this was a mess.

Why do each performer have to sing 3 songs? They sing half of one, a whole of another and quarter of yet another one. And this is part of the reason why the show runs too long and then they either don’t read out some awards (past years) or they just read the categories and winners. The people nominated deserved to hear their names even if they don’t win. This is what they did this year but I guess it is better than not having it read at all.

Niyola is said to be in the music business for 10 years and she doesn’t have her lip synching down to a science? She sang these slow songs, stood there like a wooden mannequin with electrical moving arms and this dancers who probably never bothered to rehearse looking as bored as the audience.

Emma Nyra – she has a decent voice, a lot of energy but a very FORGETTABLE SONG.

All the rappers (in their winter wear in NYC summer *side eye*) were not even bothering to lipsynch which shows their lack of respect for the audience and a lack of respect for their craft. They forget to put the mic to their mouth, dancing or whatever they call what they are doing and we are sitting there like duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh. I have seen better karaoke performances!!!!!!!!

One bobo whose name escapes me came out there with his baseball hat (face cap) pulled all the way down darn near to his lip with this half naked girls wearing black camisole leotards, NO TIGHTS and the ish kept riding up their butts! Girls, this is why BEYONCE WEARS TIGHT UNDERNEATH HER camisole leotards, okay! There is a difference between one seeing thighs through a pair tights and seeing NAKED FLESH! One gives an illusion of sexiness and the other of TRASH. Even Basket Mouth commented that it is not a good thing when you can’t remember the performer or his song but all you remember is the nyansh of the dancers. And as if that was not enough, dude had the nerves to pull up a chair, sit is skinny skanky behind down and have this girl proceed to give him a lap dance, she is bending over with her behind to the audience and there are important VIP guests in the audience? Please!

I thought Iyanya would save the show but who sai! He is the only person who didn’t lip synch, he actually sang without VOCAL tracks just backing tracks but no stage presence. Performing is not only whining your waist and jump down and on a girl in the audience, you MUST take us on a journey an idea that eludes most of these so called artistes.

Wiz Kid can’t sing for nothing, autotune is his best friend but the kid knows how to engage the audience and looks like he is having fun. Iyanya is self aware and trying hard to be sexy.

The show started the usual 2 hours late, I don’t know if they will ever be able to resolve that issue when their “star” hosts like to make entrances. They need have them sign contracts that states “if we have to pay the venue for two extra hours because you came in 2hrs late then we are taking that from your pay.” If a show is supposed to start at 7pm, what the heck are you doing showing up at 8pm. Would you do that at your regular job, oh wait I guess you don’t have one so yes you can LOL.

Ramsey Nouah had me cracking up with “and the WEINER is…” too much forming is not good o abeg. A “weiner” is a penis or a hot dog here so people were hollering so much that he had to ask why people were laughing. No one had the heart to tell him that he is saying “The penis is…” LWKMDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Rita Dominic admits on stage that she was about to head outside when she got called to come up for Best Actress and I don’t blame her, it really was a boring show this year but for the comedic bits. They had too much dead space between presentation, at one time we sat there with no lights and a blank screen, I almost screamed out NEPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA then some dude came out to perform, with no introduction. It was as if they just threw him out there while they sorted out whatever the heck was not going on back there.

I didn’t bother sticking around for Olumide or Olamide or whatever his name is but from what I gathered it was not a stellar performance.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR BASKET MOUTH otherwise the whole thing would have been a disaster.

• Bird’s Eye September 4, 2013 at 6:03 am

See me saying BN owes me. You deserve a pay cheque hunny.

• Mariaah September 4, 2013 at 10:59 am

As in thank you to the both of you darlings.. MWWWUAAH!! felt like I was there..

Ermm BN, haven’t they given you guys Abuja slide and bounce info and pic to post? Mayhaps I made my BN debut you knw.. O_o :)

• Naveah September 3, 2013 at 9:18 pm

*edisat*

• Amos bassey September 6, 2013 at 11:42 am

Olamide has finally bagged two award,last year was a failure but dis year is a success for de baddo of life with two gist,more is coming.

• phila September 6, 2013 at 3:35 pm

ZAHARA REPRESENTING SOUTH AFRICA , she first did it at home with 11 SA music awards….. very proud!!!!!!

• asanda September 6, 2013 at 3:38 pm

mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gilo September 8, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Congrats to Olamide,keep up d gud work.

• Unizikite September 23, 2013 at 10:44 am

Olamide is d Nigerian best rap artist any bad mouth?

• Od Wonder September 26, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Ice prince is truly the best rapper in Nigeria, as for Ybnl
    he rocks

• horlamyd November 21, 2013 at 4:06 pm

olamide u get maot salute to d BADOO of lyf more nd more are coming

• Momoh Paul November 22, 2013 at 1:02 am

Phyno,olamide I c u both! Buh “GhostMode” wud’v made more
    sense if ALHAJI SWEETEST had unleashed some hausa-punchies on the
    3rd verse.

• Oluwaseun don December 26, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Am so happen to the one i love most y.b.l.n general badoo cograt 4 today award .

• Mahamud January 1, 2014 at 11:02 am

So sad dt my only bg broda psquare ws nt amng of d award winners

• oluwasegun (Negronaz) January 2, 2014 at 11:17 am

Am happy fr u badoo, i pray dat God shld giv u mor wisdom knwledge nd understanding. God bless badoo

• Y.e.m January 2, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Ice Prince, you don dey kick first,you no dey carry last ……..best eva……..fire of zamani………

• christ January 3, 2014 at 1:59 am

we can do all

• micheal January 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Badoo of life u get mouth na only u I see oooo I hail u oooo just dey carry us gooo we dey ur back like K barriga boyz no go turn back I dey feel d track way u give us I knw say u no forget we ur guyz just de go …..baddoooooo

• sleemzy June 26, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Badooooooooo u dey giv me joy ooooooo na u i feel pass oooo, anywhere u won live i go hurry goo………

• adebayolawal July 24, 2014 at 5:16 pm