Must Watch! Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde’s Interview on CNN African Voices

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 021

It’s Omosexy.

BellaNaija Movies & TV brought you the first photos from Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde‘s CNN African Voices interview in December 2013. In case you missed it, click here

Now the video is here. We’ve been constantly refreshing CNN Africa’s website for the videos and we are excited they are now available.

The “Queen of Nollywood” as ordained by Stella Magazine, speaks to Vladimir Duthiers on starting out as a model, getting her first role, her reality TV show – Omotola: The Real Me, her children, Nollywood, Hollywood and more.

It’s a must watch!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Behind the Scenes Photos
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 026Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 024Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 027Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 030Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde on CNN African Voices - January 2014 - BellaNaija - 029

Credits
Dress: Iconic Invanity
Styling: Liam Fashion Agency
Make-up: Bimpe Onakoya
Jewelry: LeReve Pieces
Photos: Daniel Sync/RedHot Concepts – Sync Photos Online

92 Comments on Must Watch! Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde’s Interview on CNN African Voices
  • no heart to hate January 17, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Happy for her. that first pic is wow

• Hope January 17, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Omosexy!!!! Good interview.

• Fabulous Dee January 17, 2014 at 5:37 pm

SHE IS AN AWESOME INSPIRATION FOR MANY LADIES. LOTS OF LOVE

• Hope January 17, 2014 at 5:39 pm

And oh, interested in knowing more about the “film village”

• nene January 17, 2014 at 5:51 pm

she’s more articulate than genevieve, but then omotola is not a shy or nervous person. she looks gorgeous in the video but the pictures are not as good. to digress: can tracy nwadire find another hairstyle, that lacewig looks really bad, and lilian, why?????

• nene January 17, 2014 at 6:59 pm

she just needs to work on her pronunciations “excort”, “mamaid”, “chase”, etc

• Thatgidigirl January 17, 2014 at 9:41 pm

She’s nigerian pls! even the europeans have an accent and nobody questions them about it, instead they call it sexy.

• ILoveGenevieve January 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Individual taste is such a wonderful thing. You can’t wish for it like a box of chocolate. More articulate in deed.

• Fountain of Paper January 17, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Her bashfulness as she tries not to say the words “I am very beautiful” – cute. :)

• Suki January 17, 2014 at 6:31 pm

She seems to be a lot more informed and aware than Ms Nnaji. No wonder she made that list. I didn’t want the interview to end..Right now she’s our best representative out there…so proud! no diss to Genny baby…still luv her.

• Hope January 17, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Oh and to ILoveGenevieve.. just want to apologize for my recent posts on Genevieve..not really my way to do things like that. Just got a bit annoyed on how you seem to almost attack some of posts praising OmoT and i just thought i should give you a taste of you own medicine but i guess it was pretty low of me.. Hopefully you move on now! and i wish Geneveive all the best for the future

• ILoveGenevieve January 17, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Lmao! Hope! Already responded to you before I came in here. No need to worry about my sensibilities, Genevieve is not my sister and I do agree she should have handle that question better. But saying she is dumb for it? Who dares! Well, I respect your apology to her. I might not like Omotola and her style but I never hit her below the belt. Never. I apologise too if I got under your skin. Find this internet apologies weird though, this must be a first.

• Hope January 17, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Yea i agree was very very stupid of me no excuse. I wish i never said those things i said. Once again im sorry, and thank you for being kind enough to be willing to look over it. Bless. (And to be actually fair, i normally do not mind Genevieve at all..)

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 10:26 am

Lol! You had too many antis going on there but your derivation of the ex blew away, girl. I think all the leftover cocks I eat as a kid were off. Did they cause you intellectual failure or assimilation and understanding of contrary opinions and examples?

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 10:33 am

Bella please don’t post the comments above this they were meant for my darling Leah. Hope, we are good. I admire you for what you did. You know we can co-exist with coke and fanta as a choice. And ever thought why I watch Omotola’s movies if I “hate” her? Everything isn’t as it seem. You will bare me witness that I criticism even Genevieve and Rita Dominic.

• BC January 18, 2014 at 2:31 pm

You just might not happen to be DSampler from Naijarules could you be???? This fanatic-over-the-top-while-bring-her-down-”support” could only be coming from one person. “I Love Genevieve” Yeah right.

• ILoveGenevieve January 17, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Comical. She comes across as unstable to be honest. She was sweating. Oprah, Barrack Obama and many hollywood stars speak passionately about things that matter to them without so much gesticulation. She wasn’t poised at all. Individual taste again is a wonderful thing.

• Leah January 17, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Please pour yourself a 12 oz glass of STFU and be seated. No one wants to hear from an anti interllect, anti natural, anti college, anti Chimamanda, anti Lupita, anti Omotola and ex Hollywood nanny/coffee server. We already know that your individual taste is up Genevieve’s behind.

• Leah January 17, 2014 at 6:45 pm

I

• donna January 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm

I just came over here from Watching Genevieve’s one minute rambling in Canada TV. And this woman has left me in awe. So much maturity, she has really come into her own.

• Great Portland Street January 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Omo T well done !

• Yinka January 17, 2014 at 6:53 pm

shes so beautiful to look at….I didn’t want the interview to end…good job Omotola

• Sylvia January 17, 2014 at 6:58 pm

She looks so beautiful, I want to be like you ma.

• Bukky January 17, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Pure class! International Quality. Any wonder why this lady is where she is ? Beauty and BRAIN ! Nuff said.

• Leah January 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I love this woman and everything about her. Beautiful, Smart, Very Very Very talented, Confident, Classy yes Classy and fun Lady. I love the way she handles herself and is able to balance her family life with her career. Omotola and Genevieve are my absolute favorites and I don’t see why we can’t love both women and appreciate what the both bring to the table and criticize when there is need for it. Genevieve is smart and now she knows to do better in her next interviews. I wish they both would do more movies and less red carpets because the industry is suffering from people rolling around in mud and flashing saggy boobs and drooppy butt. Find young talents and bring back the vets.

• Nessa January 17, 2014 at 9:38 pm

She really is a dime isn’t she? I think she is the best representitive for the industry. That was simply beautiful to watch and that smile at the end was just it. I reckon Nollywood needs to find young talents. Get rid of Tonto Dike, get rid of Ini Edo, get rid of Mercy Johnson and the likes, they are not actors, they are adventurers using the industry as cover up. Her, Bimbo, Kate, Rita, Gen, Uche, Chioma, Stepnanie, Dakore, and others need to get back on the set. If Omotola keeps this up, I just might forgive her for that Beyonce and Rihanna mess.

• wiklo January 17, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I’d hold my breath that they’d still not criticize Omotola (they’d see something wrong with the nose, speech, acting, posture, garb, hair, make-up, skin tone, size)…it’ll come either today or tomorrow….both women sure are beautiful representatives of my great country Nigeria, within and outside….

• it's not alright January 17, 2014 at 7:09 pm

let me do my own bit of voltroning today……i think Omotola’s fans have been justified because that was a brilliant interview…..wow….so articulate, confident,honest with her answers, knowledgeable and she commanded that room as well as Vladimir did if not even better….you could see the passion in her eyes and hear it in her voice about everything she spoke about and men, something sure needs to be done about that Delta river…..it is so unfair to the people of that region and i hope she doesn’t give up and keep shining light on the issue……I love her outlook and that ‘film village’ better be ready soon, bc i think it shall come to past, may not very soon but soon enough that Hollywood would come to Africa, Naija to be precise to shoot. It was an enjoyable interview as well as an educative one….carry go OmoT….nothing do you, my respect girl

• ForeverYoung January 17, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Ok , stopped watching after the host said Omotola is the first Nigerian with her own reality tv show . Really? Thought Toni Payne did a series called ” my champayne life” years back? Or am I missing something here? I understand the need to wanna hype yourself, but I have to patience for pple who claim titles that obviously don’t belong to them. Who is feeding CNN these lies? And why can’t CNN research every claim before they air it? This makes me question CNN’s African voices credibility. Soon she will claim first Nigerian to wear lace wig, how about stick to facts, highlight your strengths and accomplishments. This desperation to have “first” attached to everything you do irks me.

• Nessa January 17, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Who is Toni Payne?

• ForeverYoung January 18, 2014 at 1:43 am

Dear, google is your friend.

• xoxo January 18, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Exactly!! Who is Toni Payne?

• Bukky January 17, 2014 at 9:53 pm

So who do you have the problem with Omotola or CNN cause both cannot have a problem with you… You can’t even clearly state your point. Whose tony whoever you just mentioned ? Even I haven’t ever heard of this person and their show. You must think CNN is interested in counting camcorder recordings! Mchewww

• ForeverYoung January 18, 2014 at 1:41 am

Wth??…. I can’t, I’m not even going to waste my time on you.
        PS: madam, it’s “who is” or “who’s” not “whose”, whose is the possessive case of “who” . Pet peeves, couldn’t resist.

• Ibukun January 17, 2014 at 8:44 pm

Why can’t people just comment on Omotola and leave Genevieve alone…or comment on Genevieve and leave Omotola alone??? really?! Omotola is great/Genevieve is awesome…sefini! there’s no need for “Omotola is great compared to that rubbish genevieve” or “Genevieve is awesome compared to that rubbish Omotola”. It completely irritates me! people don’t even say Paris Hilton gave a better dumb performance than Kim.K, how much more these ones that are so different!they are different people jor, let everybody run their race. Live and Let Live!

• MyView January 17, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Signed Sealed and Delievered! Attention girls get in here and pay attention. This is how it is done. This is all woman right here, real, comfortable in her own skin and very knowledgeable. I smiled, I laughed and even teared up a little. This is in no way shape or form a diss to Genevieve whom I adore as well without a doubt. Omotola is class personified. Dammm! black women keep winning left and right. Thanks Bella.

• Sheri berri January 17, 2014 at 9:06 pm

I LOVE YOU OMOTOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mama Mia!!! January 17, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Didn’t bother to see the interview cause I’ve watched her reality show, and know she is confident. That being said, Those of you coming here to make comparisms, Gene’s was more of a snippet than the actual interview why not wait before castigating her. OmoT or Gene? who cares! They are both doing us proud… I sha, root for Gene always. sorry…

• Bukky January 17, 2014 at 9:49 pm

You were sounding alright… Until the ” I sha root for gene always… Then added salt to your injury by saying sorry! Lmao… Really? In your own words who cares? Sorry to who? Why apologies for who you love but then you had initially “Lectured” us that we shouldn’t compare but you ended up choosing one and apologizing for it! Pls zap outta here with ya fake self!

• 2014 January 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I had to pause this midway and drop a comment. THIS, ladies and gentlemen is how to conduct and give response to an interview. Her enthusiasm, passion for her craft and love for fellow humans is infectious. Omotola, you are indeed a complete woman. May God continue to bless you and yours. Amen.

• ILoveGenevieve January 17, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Comical. She comes across as unstable to be honest. She was sweating. Oprah, Barrack Obama and many hollywood stars speak passionately things without so much gesticulation. She wasn’t poised at all. Individual taste again is a wonderful thing.

• 2014 January 18, 2014 at 1:19 am

“Comical,she came across as unstable to be honest” i didn’t ask for your opinion. Gosh! Rather than spend time perfecting YOUR craft, you’re here searching for competitor’s “errors” . Take time out and read your very defensive responses to comments, esp yesterday’s Canada’s talk show feature. Youve quite frankly given your self away! ONLY Genevieve Nnaji will have so much “drive” and see the need to consistently “defend” herself the way you’ve been doing. Relax!!

• Roselyn January 18, 2014 at 7:42 am

Eya this Ilovegenevieve you are so desperate. Running to everyone’s comment trying soooo hard to bring down omotee . Such a bad look for you and Genevieve cause its obvious you are either her Pr or family… I feel for you guys really. If I were you, I’ll stop bringing more attention to yourselves and disappear. There’s a huge difference btw a beauty/fashion focused mind and a Naturally intelligent and content focused mind. This interview only went to show the few nay Sayers who is who finally. You have agreed genny could have answered her questions better… I put it to you that she put more effort into what she’ll wear than what she’ll say.
        Moral of this lesson? Stay in school, educate yourself, have good focus … Beauty will only carry you this far,ESP when many are beautiful too.

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 10:36 am

@2014 and @Roselyn that was heartfelt wasn’t it? Lol! Could have preferred an engaging response born out of critical refute of my points ….its a shame both of you result to high school tactics. Suppose I am Genevieve, her pr or anyone she hires eventually and no more than a fan, I take the tag of a sociopathic mess. And I am not, it goes to you both. That works, doesn’t it? It rocks for me. Lol! Know who is who indeed. Beauty can’t last for so long, only sociopaths say Genevieve made it for her looks. Only sociopaths.

• Leah January 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Do you even know what the word ‘sociopath’ means? You never
        make sense at all with your ramblings and word salad. I don’t think
        you are Genevieve because she should have a life of her own to
        exhaust herself with this kind of nonsense. Read a book! Educate
        yourself somehow (I don’t care how) and just maybe you can
        articulate your points in plain and simple English and have some
        appreciation and respect for those who can.

• wiklo January 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm

@Forever Young, I believe you just despise everything HER and watched just for the slight faults hence the excuse of “Ok , stopped watching after the host said Omotola is the first Nigerian with her own reality tv show” made you stop watching…no wahala,
    guess u missed the juice on how her Mother felt about her growing up…

• ForeverYoung January 18, 2014 at 1:49 am

Awwwww wiklo no I don’t despise her. Don’t know her, not interested in knowing her and I’m sure she doesn’t care for me too, so there. That said, I don’t see the need to continue watching the “wash” if I know she has been misrepresented, I actually watched part 1 till the end and I have loads of respect for her late mom.

• e-bukun January 17, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I did tear up at a point in this interview when she talked about how she thinks her mum never believed in her. That said, I love her zest and fierce spirit, that’s part of her charm and I think that’s what people often mistake as her being too “out there”. If you must compare her to Gene, I think their personalities are different, OmoT is clearly more extroverted and feisty, and Gene seems more reserved and laid-back, there’s nothing wrong with either. I really enjoyed this interview and like a few mentioned, I didn’t want it to end.

• temtem January 17, 2014 at 10:21 pm

wow Omotola miiiiiiii. Fantastic interview, got teary eyed…a bit emotional for me sha. She’s beautiful both inside and out! Love you to the moon and back!

• oohlala January 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm

We can do it by ourselves biko. Why do we always think we need the white man?

• divadivine January 17, 2014 at 11:24 pm

the ending of Part 3 had me almost in tears. May our parents live to reap the fruits of their labor. I love you Omotee!

• NNENNE January 18, 2014 at 12:09 am

The interview is about Omo T . Am sick of these constant comparisons. Since Genevieve is dragged into the conversation ,I love Omo T but Genevieve is a better actress any time, any day.

• wiklo January 18, 2014 at 1:13 am

@ilovegenny, you sweat when you have lighting shone on your face while filming…you should know ke having told us you worked in Hollywood ….

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 10:38 am

Thank you for an engaging response, Wiklo. May I ask why
      the interviewer wasn’t sweating? The room was fully
      air-conditioned.

• Ooz February 6, 2014 at 5:11 pm

Because the lighting is on the interviewee/actor/subject rather than on the interviewer. Seriously you should read Proverbs 17:22!

• Ola January 18, 2014 at 3:11 am

Very inspiring!!!

• Sike January 18, 2014 at 4:56 am

I love this woman. Omotola, God bless you.

• OOA January 18, 2014 at 5:22 am

She appears calmer in interviews compared to Genevieve…

• Stephanie January 18, 2014 at 5:50 am

Good one Omotola
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

• Lizzie January 18, 2014 at 5:56 am

The behind of life!!! third photo on the balcony :)

i love this lady, always have and i respect how far she has come and how she seemingly has it together. God Bless you more ma’am.

• Sopono January 18, 2014 at 5:56 am

Fashola for life

• Zuwie January 18, 2014 at 7:41 am

Such a wonderful interview there and thanks to Bella Naija for putting this up. I actually thought I missed the airing of the interview on CNN. To Omotola, she has done so well for herself and a good role model to so many young ladies out there. I actually got teary at the end of the interview. God bless Omotola and her family. May the soul of our late parents continue to rest in peace. Ameen.

• Roselyn January 18, 2014 at 8:09 am

Now let me drop my comments on this interview. OMOTOLA !!!!!!! You are TRULY BLESSED. This woman is an inspiration to all ladies and even men. Men see how this lady is bringing pride and joy to her family? She’s been married for over 16 years oh so her man been standing by her! Future husband you dey see so? Omotola blessed is the womb that bore you. Your talks about your mum brought tears to my eyes .i can’t even begin to imagine… I love you Omotola , INFACT I’m short of words. This is by miles the Best interview of any Nigerian for me on CNN! Like many have said I didn’t want it this interview to End! Wow!

• Sexxie January 18, 2014 at 8:26 am

7UP! The difference is crystal clear! Fantastic!

• Onnari January 18, 2014 at 8:38 am

Why does every ‘omotola’ or ‘genevieve’ post turn into a ‘battle between omotola and genevieve?’ I don’t quite get it…
    tsnfabrics.blogspot.com

• Bukky January 18, 2014 at 10:06 am

It’s just sad. I avoid any post on genny because I know I’m
      not a fan. Why ilove genny dosent do same is simply low. Hope at
      least showed maturity saying you can love one and still be
      objective about the other for example but not for genny’s fans .
      Its a do or die situation! You mustn’t love omotee if you care
      about a genny. Lol… Na dem get wahala! Omotola still appeals to
      more people of all ages and class, go to the streets. Chinamanda
      must be regretting her Igbo alliance now…hahaha

• datigbogal January 18, 2014 at 10:54 am

Why drag chimamanda into your petty jabs? tribalistic Ode! NB it’s chimamanda , thank me now.

• Hope January 18, 2014 at 11:31 am

Yea exactly, guys (Genny and OmoT fans), what is the point? na only headache point scoring go give.. ever since i said those horrible things in the Genny article i havent felt happy with myself. Yes a little bit of banter wont hurt (at least keeps it a bit entertaining) but that is where it should end. At the end of the day we all have our own opinions and everything, i prefer Omo overall but i honestly think Genny is special. When we praise these artists, it should be with maturity and not making slight digs to others (esp from Genny to OmoT and vice versa) and when we criticize, it should be in love. Even when we have the banters and all people reading comments should read it and say “oh, thats funny, or cheeky” and not “oh, thats just nasty and horrible”.

• Stella Kashmoney January 18, 2014 at 10:14 am

OmoT is going places.

• 2014 January 18, 2014 at 12:14 pm

@ilovegenevieve.. My dear I feel you,if People consistently
    took jabs at me over my low iq, social status and interpreting my
    drive to excel as me been desperate, I probably would troll
    comments like you’ve aggressively/consistently done, to the
    detriment of revealing my identity, refresh bella naija page every
    second literally searching for comments to respond to, like you’ve
    been doing— just to defend myself/cuss out competitors. LMAOOOOO.
    Relax and quit been so defensive, search for the atom of truth in
    comments ,take them on board and use them to ur advantage, how else
    do you intend to shut naysayers if you can’t take/learn from
    constructive criticism?

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Your ID says 2014. However, your state of mind and reasoning is 1014. You are in no position to lecture anyone on IQ ….mental upgrade calling darling, attend to it.

• Sapphire January 18, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Good job Omotola! I enjoyed every bit of the interview
    except for the last bit when she said “my mum didn’t think I would
    amount to something significant.” As a mother of “young adults”
    myself, I can imagine how much worry her mum had to go through
    ensuring she turned out a decent young lady. Omotola has such
    worries for her teenage kids too! (as she confirmed in the
    interview). Her answer to the question should simply have been, “My
    mum would have been proud!” I Love you Omotola!!!

• chichi January 18, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Honestly I was impressed. .she is adorbs..love her

• None an January 18, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Yes Hope! This woman is wonderful. She is real. The last
    bit brought tears to my eyes. Go Omotola!

• wiklo January 18, 2014 at 3:34 pm

Hotel room air conditioner is less impactful unlike those
    you get in a studio setting…the interviewer also has little or no
    make up on compared to the lady (foundation/hair do-spray things)
    on who the keg lights are actually beamed on….

• wiklo January 18, 2014 at 3:44 pm

@Ilovegenny, not to score points but to buttress my point,
    check behind the scene picture #3 and you’d see what direction that
    keg light is pointed….Have a Happy/Blessed New Year
    @ILoveGenevieve…

• ILoveGenevieve January 18, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I see the keg lights, I see the heavy make up, I get your point but I don’t share completely it. I’ve watched her in more composed interviews. I think what happened is she was excited. She was uneased. The lights. Then the sweat was triggered. My opinion. Not a fact. However, I love the respectable and humane manneer in which your point was presented. Bravo! You’re a class act. Same wishes to you, thanks

• yoyo January 19, 2014 at 5:36 am

Hey..fact is genevieve cannot act. her facial expressions are the same in every damn movie…same shit different day…its like watching the same person in different movies and with different names….proper acting means the viewer forgets the actor and is drawn into the character…thats acting! Mercy johnson and ini edo act wayyyy better…because its naija i am happy to believe gene got far for her beauty…cos when all is said and done..the babe doesnt do ish…now bite me! :p

by the way whatever happened to st genevieve? and does she even give back to society? last i checked she doesnt.

WEll done OMO T….you are in a league of your own! to think you are very ambitious ans yet have a happy husband at home…something other actresses cant even boast of.
        note: any genevieve fan that replies me will not get any response. the interviews do not lie…haha! in your face!

• tracey January 21, 2014 at 9:58 am

@ ILoveGenevieve why is it that you always look for a bad comment to say about omotola. its like she can do nothing good in your eyes. is it because genevieve didnt make the time 100 list and you hate the fact that omotola did??? why hate on her when she is the one putting nigeria on the map i don’t understand how you can hate on someone that is doing good. there is no evil in what she has made of herself. if you don’t like omotola’s style, that is bound to change seeing as she has accomplished so much many international designers will help with that so worry about her style is some what irrelevant because we4 all know it will change soon. she has achieved this so comparing her and genevieve is a lost case. may it have been genevieve that made the time 100n list you would not be filled with negative remarks. genevieve accomplished her own stuff and she made it and so did omotola though she may be more influential than genevieve right now it does not give us the right to hate on her just because she did and genevieve didnt. please Nigeria cherish your own please

• guest January 18, 2014 at 4:14 pm

This is a well rounded woman and I am so proud of her and
    proud of being african in the same breath. She knows who she is,
    understand and accept her flaws and also proud of her success.She
    comes across as someone who will not dim her light for others to
    shine but will expect you to shine along with her.
    Classy!.

• Me Myself and I January 18, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Omotola is simply stunning.

• Ola January 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Omotola is in a class of her own, damn! Woman is going
    places, very good interview here! Thumbs up

• Mrs Nwosu January 18, 2014 at 7:53 pm

She is one spunky Lady. Well done girl

• kathy January 19, 2014 at 12:33 am

@ilovegene, I honestly think you should take things easy.
    Id like to ask- do u love and defend God as much as u do gene?
    Search urself thoroughly and take a chill pill, otherwise u may
    develop high BP, fall ill and die and most painfully Gene wld not
    observe a minute silence for u let alone attend ur funeral, she
    most likely wouldnt know. Divert this luv and attention to sumfin
    more productive and real. U can even start a church wv ds energy
    beaming from ur attacks on grammar. Remember no 1 knws tmao. U
    attack and insult ur future husband on bella naija bcos of
    Genevieve, if by 45yrs u nor see husband will u marry gene? U need
    to be hit at the right spots so u can learn to take things
    easy.

• ILoveGenevieve January 19, 2014 at 8:29 am

Lol! Thanks for your advice ….how much I needed it. I believe the choice of what to do with it is left to me, ain’t it? Thanks all the same, “mum”.

• Moderate January 19, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Enough of unnecessary comparisons, like it or hate it both ladies have contributed massively to the growth and popularity of Nollywood and fans of either ladies cannot wish away the achievements of the other. One interview or movie performance can never be a determinant of the greater of this two amazons. Enough of the tribal bickering which is the hidden reason behind the endless comparisons, tombs up Genny and omotola.

• Flawless January 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Very well done. Genevieve please watch and learn how to conduct yourself.

• Tom January 21, 2014 at 4:33 am

YOYO, I think you are a cheap tribal bigot “Genevieve can’t act same facial expression in all movies” really? and Omotola your favorite actress has one thousand facial expressions I suppose. Common you tribal lord give people the respect they deserve.

• tracey January 21, 2014 at 10:01 am

@ ILoveGenevieve why is it that you always look for a bad comment to say about omotola. its like she can do nothing good in your eyes. is it because genevieve didnt make the time 100 list and you hate the fact that omotola did??? why hate on her when she is the one putting Nigeria on the map i don’t understand how you can hate on someone that is doing good. there is no evil in what she has made of herself. if you don’t like omotola’s style, that is bound to change seeing as she has accomplished so much many international designers will help with that so worring about her style is some what irrelevant because we all know it will change soon. she has achieved this so comparing her and genevieve is a lost case. may it have been genevieve that made the time 100 list you would not be filled with negative remarks. genevieve accomplished her own stuff and she made it and so did omotola though she may be more influential than genevieve right now it does not give us the right to hate on her just because she did and genevieve didnt. please Nigeria cherish your own actors please

• StraightFrmHeart January 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Thank u for this bella. Never regret watching d interview

• Gene's greatest fan January 22, 2014 at 10:29 pm

In as much as am not her fan…She tried on this interview. She sounds focused and determined. She knows what she wants and will cling to it. I didn’t even know she is a UN ambassador, so why won’t she be eloquent? Omotola u impressed me on this, now am beginning to grow love for U.

• lilly February 23, 2014 at 8:30 pm