Posted on Monday, January 27th, 2014 at 4:54 PM

By BellaNaija.com

The bond of love between a mother and her daughter is one that should never be taken for granted. BN reader, Seun Ojuri, has chosen to write this beautiful ode to her mother. Seun’s mom just turned 49 and she has written 49 reasons why her mother is simply fabulous.
We found it sweet in its simplicity. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did.

***

Everybody claims their mother is the best. My mom is not in competition with any other. She would leave “best mom” for anyone who cares to have it and raise the standard for ‘bestest mom’ award. I’m not sure I can quantify or reduce to words how much I love her, but as she turns 49, I would like to share 49 reasons why my mom is fabulous.
1. She is very kind.
2. She has a huge sense of humor.
She knows how to make you laugh and She’s got sarcasm going for her as well. The other night, she called me to listen to a song she composed to sing on my wedding day, so that my in-laws will know that their wife is a nail-biter.
3. She makes amala and ewedu just the way I like it.
My mom can really cook. She makes that nice kind of Ewedu that has Egusi and Titus fish in it. Every Amala-and-Ewedu-experience is usually better than the former.
4. She can’t tolerate dirty dishes.
5. She’s very hardworking.
She’s my superwoman.
6. She loves music.
From Ebenezer Obey to Kirk franklin and Tope Alabi; right down to Davido and back to Tope Alabi. She loves listening to music. She even knows there’s someone by the name “Sean Tizzle”
7. She’s a disciplinarian.
I think my mom has outgrown her flogging skills. She used to be one whose cane should be avoided. She also knows how to talk sense into your head.
8. She’s not afraid to speak her mind.
9. She knows what I like.
And gives them to me when they are most needed.
10. She can dance.
Like 21st century dance… yeah, she is that cool.
11. Her sunday afternoon jollof-rice is A-MAY-ZEEN!
12. She’s a praying mother.
Nights when you wake up to see her praying in your room and for you, you simply pretend you are still asleep. :)
13. She knows her onions.
My mummy knows her books. She’s really smart.
14. She has very beautiful handwriting.
15. She’s very safety conscious.
16. She won’t let you go to bed hungry.
Even when I misbehave, and I’m trying to be all “am-not-hungry” about it, Mrs Ojuri’ will make sure you don’t let her food go to waste. You must eat.
17. She let’s you have your way.
She really likes Africa Magic yoruba but she will let you watch something else which in most cases, is something she’s not really interested in (doesn’t work all the time though).
18. She’s very respectful.
19. She loves her man :)
20. She’ll buy me a nice dress and buy hers later.
Sometimes “later” never comes.
21. The only time she thinks it’s right to tickle me is when I’m not in the mood.
22. She KNOWS stuff.
Like who you’ve been spending time on the phone with.
23. She’s a good listener.
24. She likes dòdò (friend plantain).
25. She enjoys ‘looking for my trouble’.
26. She loves singing.
As a matter of fact, she used to be in the choir. Not as the lead singer though, she is either on the far end or at the back. The point is, she was in the choir :)
27. I’m not afraid to tell her the truth.
But that’s because I learnt the hard way. I once lied to her about how I lost my phone. I told her it was stolen in the bus. Honestly, I lost it in school. In less than 24 hours, she found out. Bottom line: don’t tell her lies.
28. She’s nice to all my friends that come to visit and reserves her opinion for when you leave.
29. She’s generous.
30. She doesn’t like it when we go back to school on Sunday evening and we don’t call to let her know.
31. She forgives.
32. She is strong and selfless.
I remember when I was ill; as a chubby 16 year old, she put me on her back and carried me to the nearest health centre (which wasn’t very near).
33. She is open and approachable.
You can practically discuss anything with her. The God talk, boy talk, career talk and back to the boy talk.
34. She makes every birthday a happy moment.
My mom will always make sure there’s a gift for you at 12:00am. No matter how small.
35. She’s a twin.
I know this doesn’t get you any money from the bank but I enjoy telling people that my mom is Taiwo.
36. She’s my support system.
37. She doesn’t tell you half the things she goes through to make you comfortable so when you find out, you can’t but love her some more.
38. She tries not to miss school meetings.
She will probably come late, but eventually, you will see her there.
39. She’s a peacemaker.
40. She doesn’t have favourites.
People always say that parents have favourites when it comes to their children. If my mom had, she never let it show.
41. She commends you for a job well done
…and vice versa.
42. She doesn’t stay angry for too long.
Her vexation never lasts long but in those few minutes, she will make her point VERY clear.
43. She knows the strength of each child.
She knows what to expect from each of us. However, she still strives to make sure that you are getting better.
44. She is a wonderful daughter too.
My grandma still talks about how wonderful she was as a child.
45. She is REALLY patient.
46. She is super cool  .
47. She’s my number one fan.
She believes in me.
48. She’s not perfect.
49. She loves God.

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 47 Comments on “Love For Momma is Sweet! BN Reader Seun Ojuri Shares 49 Reasons Why Her Mum is Fabulous”

Comments
    • Grace E January 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM

1, 2, 5, 8, 12, 15, 16, 18, 19, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32…….it goes on and on.. I LOVE this!! yes my mum is my number 1 fan too..love her to pieces!!can’t imagine life without her!!I’d love to be half the person she is!

• Desireayo January 27, 2014 at 5:08 PM

nice one..great mum with great daughter

• sandy January 27, 2014 at 5:21 PM

wow dis is so beautiful

• buks January 27, 2014 at 5:23 PM

A beautiful piece.well done pastor Seun : )

• Ashanti January 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

u r lucky dear…..its hard when urs is not alive anymore….so cherish every moment with her cus u’ll never get that moment back again.

• Sexxie January 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Sweet! Happy birthday to your dear mama, Seun! Wish her many more wonderful years ahead.

• Simsi January 27, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I ♥ my momma!!!!!

• dodiva January 27, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Awwwwwwww,seun bless ur mum..we all love her too *wink

• og January 27, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Love

• Endo January 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM

This is just beautiful. Let’s give it up to all the wonderful mothers out there. To my lovely mother, may you have many, many , many more blissful years ahead of you to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Love you!

Pls share your endometriosis stories @ endochallenges.wordpress.com. Let’s beat endo together!

• Laolu January 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Awww sniff sniff…lovely

• Mrs A January 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM

is that Laolu AHI

• Seun January 27, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Nice! Yeah, I agree she is truly fabulous. Well done Seun :)

• yomi January 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Lovely piece, Happy Birthday to your mom, seun.

• zainab January 27, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Awwww super cute!

• Dr. N January 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Very nice of u. You must be a wonderful daughter too. Happy birthday mom! Only 49? Wow.

drnsmusings.wordpress.com

• folashade adeshina January 27, 2014 at 7:58 PM

That is so true about her mum, great mum she is, my second mumy

• bolanle January 27, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Muummy Ojuri let’s us in the friends commitee play till verrrry late and will even make jokes with us :D happy bithday ma many many more years, you will live long to eat the fruit of your labour!! XOXO

• amakadon January 27, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Nice one dear.

• kosikeme January 27, 2014 at 9:06 PM

lovely lovely piece. God bless you,Mrs. Ojuri and you’ve
      indeed been blessed with a wonderful daughter (Seun)…..may d Lord
      continue to protect and sustain you.

• babygiwa January 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM

HBD to ur mom dear. No 20 tho, mothers r
      priceless!

• olajide alex January 27, 2014 at 10:27 PM

yeah ur mom is super cool,jst dat mine is bestestest.

yeah shes right, super mother

• olajide alex January 27, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Yeah ur mom is super duper cool,im a living witness

• Strawberrycandy January 27, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Happy birthday to ur mama….ur a sweet daughter urself! cheers

• jinkelele January 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM

nicely done…off to think of my list

• Stella Kashmoney January 28, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Awww bless. How sweet. Lovely post.

• The Buttery Hotness. January 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Your mom has the “bestest mom award”? that’s cute. mine’s got the “better mom award”. She stays better than the bestest. always better than the rest. #NoCompetition :p

(Had to brag on my momma first, sawree)

Your mom is such a mom! I love her (even though i don’t know her. Lol) Happy Birthday to her! And you are a testimony of what a great woman she is. We need to cherish our mothers, like the part where she carried you on her back to the hospital? Now, that’s a real woman. A super woman! :*

• choco January 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I couldn’t have said it any better…..i love my mom scarra!

• DAMMY January 28, 2014 at 8:56 AM

awww Happy beautiful birthday to your mum….cant wait for my son to start writing about me too

• ms sincere January 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM

aaawww…. beautiful!

• Akk January 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM

Nice one Seun.

• Akk January 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Nice piece Seun!!!!

• Adaeze January 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I love my mummy too and daddy…

• Samantha January 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM

awwwwww I had a tear in my eye reading this. So beautiful, love ‘she’s not perfect’ & ‘and you wake up and she’s praying in your room’. That’s so my mum. Big ups to all the praying mum’s out there.

• Stacy Livinus January 28, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Awwwww……brought tears to my eyes…remembering how hard my mum had to work to take care of my sibblings and I.Mothers are wonderful and I intend to be a great mum some day too.Salute to all wonderful mothers…

• Modella January 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Sweet momma,she look younger anyway!

• Amina January 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Mothers! Our greatest strengths on earth. Their love, way beyond words and measure. God bless ur mum real Gud darl.

• AAsh January 29, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Happy Birthday to your mum! Some mothers are priceless…….I love mine with every bit of my heart……May GOD bless and keep our mothers in good health to enjoy the fruit of their labour in Jesus Name.Amen

• Amym January 29, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Awwwww!So sweet.Happy Birthday to your mum.I love my mum.

• lilcyrus January 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM

my mom is my inspiration

• Seun Ojuri January 30, 2014 at 9:48 AM

awww!!! thanks people!!! :) glad u enjoyed it. God bless all the Mothers in the world. my mom read all ur comments and she kept chuckling and blushing.. God bless u guys!

• Nani January 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Nice! GOD Bless you and your mum, Amen.

• amina sanni January 31, 2014 at 7:57 AM

seun God bless you for appreciating the beautiful woman that is your mom both inside and outside,this is a wake up call to us children to always appreciate the people that gave us life,and everyone around us who showers us with love

• Shona February 3, 2014 at 12:07 AM

This kinda describes my mum.I pray God keeps her for me.Shoutouts to all amazing mothers.

• damilare February 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM

seun as really nailed it about her mum,, we use to be neighbor back then on the mainland(ebute-metta) and all that about her mum are no hidden fact. Gess PAUL is now a man……..? MAMA’S LOVE IS THE BEST.

• X- Factor February 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Beautiful!

• BAKEBLESSED February 11, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Awwww, Mrs Ojuri, HBD MA!!, She was my Class Teacher at MGHS, Yaba. She was extremely nice to me!! Many more years of Gods’ faithfulness in Jesus Name!