Serena Williams is a Fit Bombshell for Fitness Magazine’s May 2014 Issue

Serena Williams for Fitness Magazine May 2014 - BellaNaija - April 2014

Makes you want to hit the gym right?

Looking fit, fab and fierce, Serena Williams is the cover girl for the May 2014 issue of Fitness Magazine. The tennis playing beauty is flexing biceps and triceps in a sexy red one-piece with cut outs.

We have missed her on the scene and are loving her on this cover. In the issue she talks on her body issues, how she learnt to love her curves and more.

We particularly loved this quote
When I was young I thought I should be built more like an athlete -long and lean- not with a womanly figure. But then people my age started coming up to me and saying, ‘I love you because of the way you look.’ That was really motivating. So I learned to be proud of my curves and embrace my large boobs. It’s all about loving who you are and realizing that you’re beautiful.

Serena is such a positive role model!
For more visit www.fitnessmagazine.com

17 Comments on Serena Williams is a Fit Bombshell for Fitness Magazine’s May 2014 Issue
  • riri April 15, 2014 at 8:34 pm

THIS WOMAN IS FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HOT!!!!! ALL HAIL QUEEN SERENA!!

• Fabulicious April 15, 2014 at 8:54 pm

How can you not love Serena.Very strong-willed.

• Gistyinka Blog April 15, 2014 at 9:49 pm

She Hot in the cover of the Mag.

• Ngozi April 15, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Yes!!!!!!!! Looking hot serena!!! Love you to bits.. Hope to see you do another clay sweep in the coming months!! You’re an inspiration.. I’m trying to be close to your fitness. Lol

• omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com April 16, 2014 at 2:06 am

She is so toned….kai ! Maybe I should start playing tennis…..
    Glaring Indications That You Are Headed For A Heartbreak- click my name to read more

• Cool cat April 16, 2014 at 2:29 am

The photoshop is too much. Serena has a lot more muscle definition than this and is much thicker

• sarah godwin April 17, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Actually she’s not. Sereena is actually SMALLER in real life than the camera makes her appear.

• Laface April 16, 2014 at 7:49 am

This pic does not “resemble” the one i saw on the T/court recently.. It is well.

• sarah godwin April 16, 2014 at 1:36 pm

LaFace, actually it DOES look like Serena. Serena’s been in a swimsuit on magazine covers before. She was even relatively slender when she was on the cover of TENNIS Magazine in the summer of 2011. How long have you been watching tennis? Just last year in that pic of Serena holding the French Open trophy over her head while standing in front of the Eiffel Tower shows how trim and fit she is. And as for how she looks on court? Google youtube video, ” Serena Williams Dances with Mascot and Azarenka.”

• Marie Antoinette April 16, 2014 at 9:45 am

Serena in 3D! Shame on the magazine, this has got to be most photo shopped cover ever.

• sarah godwin April 16, 2014 at 1:29 pm

?! Serena looks great everywhere. But she proves even more slender in a pic right after winning the French Open last year. Look at the pic of Serena holding the French Open trophy over her head while standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. Wonderfully trim and fit. I’d like to see Serena stay at that weight.

• sarah godwin April 17, 2014 at 7:11 pm

?!? What makes you think it’s so “photo-shopped?!?” Racist crackpots stupidly said that “wasn’t Serena’s face” even back when she appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue! Btw, it most assuredly IS Serena’s face – in those pics back then AND in these. Hear that, LaFace?

• Laface April 17, 2014 at 1:23 am

@sarah, since you asked, i saw Serena in January 2014! and Yes, according to my EYES she doesnt resemble her live self. Tennis of 2011? Nne, have a cup of green tea.

• sarah godwin April 17, 2014 at 1:57 pm

LaFace, it allegedly “doesn’t resemble”her how? In what way? The camera normally ADDS pounds and many of us who’ve seen Serena have stated that she is Smaller in person than she appears in pics! And it’s interesting that you chose to ignore that I’d ALSO mentioned the pic that showed that Serena was even more slender and her face even more lovely in the pic of her just LAST year after her French Open victory when she held the French Open trophy over her head while standing in front of the Eiffel tower. That “convenient” mission speaks to an agenda on your part which leads to a healthy skepticism on our part.

And even January was months ago. Serena could have gained OR lost pounds since then IF you saw her then. Btw, where did you allegedly see her? Serena’s face while she’s fiercely making shots on a tennis court might usually “look different” than when she’s relaxing on the beach or taking pics in a studio. Again, the pics in FITNESS show a fit, but for her, a relatively larger Serena than she normally is. If the pics were so “doctored,” I’d think they’d make her look as slender as she NATURALLY did on court even as recently as last year’s Sony Open. Take a look.

• sarah godwin April 17, 2014 at 1:58 pm

“Convenient Omission.”

• Laface April 17, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Biko, what exactly is your problem? I said live and print do not resemble each other and you are going on and on with some illustration without basis? Again i repeat, Serena in life as at Jan 2014 when I saw her does not match cover photo! Babe, i did not ‘allegedly’ see her. She played in my city! If she has toned up and her skin color also bronzed out, good on her!

• sarah godwin May 22, 2014 at 12:55 pm

?!? I don’t know what “Biko’s” problem is, but mine is that Serena, like quite a few people, has seen her weight wax and wane so if you saw her in January and it is now months later, Serena, a highly trained Athlete, could have Naturally lost 20 or 30 pounds! She was More slender last year than she was in January – so it stands to reason she could have also lost weight This year AFTER January- particularly if she knew she had a big photo shoot coming up! As for skin tone? White celebrities ( and others) use fake tan in a bottle. Many pro make-up sessions include the spray on skin-tone evener that evens out complexion. I don’t think that more “bronze” skin is “better.” Serena probably just let the pro make-up people for the magazine do their jobs. She’s obviously comfortable in her own skin.