Steph Kalu Uche 2She was MBGN Universe in 2008, then Stephanie Oforka, the beauty queen went on to marry footballer Kalu Uche and they are blessed with 2 children.
Stephanie recently launched her wellness brand Stephanie Nicholas Wellness.

Stephanie explains how her struggle with cystic acne, hormonal changes and weight after pregnancy inspired her to launch her venture to help other women.
Stephanie Cystic AcneSteph Kalu Uche 5
Today, Stephanie figured out holistic ways to tackle these issues and is sharing them via her company.

21 Comments on Beauty Queen Stephanie Kalu-Uche’s struggles with Acne & Baby Weight led her to launch Wellness Brand
  • mars January 27, 2016 at 9:15 am

Bn u date is not correct o mbgn universe 2013 I think dats wrong o

• dongagaleo@gmail.com January 27, 2016 at 9:27 am

Is it possible to get a black spot free face. My face used to be crystal clear and smooth but in 2013 i suffered from some serious pimples that did not only kill my spirit but has damaged my self esteem and left me not looking like me. I have black spots all over. I lack a social life. My skin looks so dull. I, honestly, dont know when last i took a picture or looked in the mirror. It just kills you! I look times 15 of my age and I am just 21. I have surfed the internet to see affordable things to help, they are way above my means. I can’t even afford to see a dermatologist. And yes, i have tried the water and fruits thing.it does not help that it is the first thing people notice about me. It is just shattering to think of it. Is it really possible to get a black spot/pimple free face or am i doomed to look like a scarecrow for the rest of my life?

• Krasavitsa January 27, 2016 at 10:38 am

So sorry hun. Try isotrexin cream it works really well (if you’re in Nigeria, it may be hard to get. I’ve never seen it here). It just stings the eyes a bit as it evaporates and it has a lightening effect so make sure to use it only on the pimples and spots. It works best when applied just as the pimple breaks out. I find it better to use at night because it leaves whitish crusts when dry (not pretty). Also, don’t pick your face – it makes the spots worse. You can also try drinking lemon/lime water in the morning and at nights. Lime/Lemon facials is also great as they have lightening effects. But if you’re gonna opt for this make sure to have a very good moisturizer. Lemon leaves the skin looking very dry. You may also have to change your diet. A friend of mine battled acne for years. After she went vegan (she didn’t eat any animal produce right down to store-baked goods containing eggs and milk) her face became noticeably clear. Wash your face as often as possible and don’t use oil based creams on your face. Hope this helps. 🙂

• eagle January 27, 2016 at 10:40 am

Hi there, are you still in school or are you under some kind of stress? After I graduated my acne cleared .i used so many things while in school but nothing worked ,i stopped worrying myself and ignored it completely. Now it’s all gone

• J January 27, 2016 at 3:50 pm

Yes dear it is very possible. I suffered from terrible acne all through senior high and uni and it completely destroyed my confidence but since then my face is almost completely clear . I’m also 21 so i understand how frustrated you are. I used a mixture of 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of egg whites and 1tsp of lemon juice. Mix these ingredients and leave on your face for 20 mins and rinse off. You can also use bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar (add 1/2 tsp of turmeric for better results). Using a face brush to wash your face would really help. I also used vitamin E oil and you can either get the already bottled oil or buy the capsules and just cut them open lol. Another thing that really really cleared up my skin was just washing it at night, letting it air dry and go to bed without applying any moisturiser or toner. I really hope this helps.

• Terry January 27, 2016 at 9:34 am

Lol. Daz a nice move after a fight with acne. Get more/extra helps here
    skincarehint.blogspot.com

• Terry January 27, 2016 at 9:35 am

Wow! daz a great move. Kinda humanitarian service uh? Lol

• Aba January 27, 2016 at 9:42 am

Rub fresh lime juice on the affected area twice a day. Leave it on the skin for 10 minutes and then wash it off. You should see results after a couple of weeks. It worked for me better than any expensive cream out there.

• eagle January 27, 2016 at 10:50 am

I read somewhere ,that using lime juice works but once one gets exposed to the sun, they’d get way darker /burnt. That scared the hell outta my soul

• Ms Rere January 27, 2016 at 11:25 am

Yes, its possible my dear, I also suffered a severe acne attack in my uni days. It was so bad I lost my self esteem and confidence. In fact I was ready to quit school but my mum was my rock. Today I have a 90% smooth face devoid of black spots.

Now its all about your lifestyle. First of all whereas acne is not contagious, It has the ability to spread so fast on the person. So make sure u keep your hands away from your face. Your hands is what spreads it the most. Make a conscious effort not to touch your face during the day unless when necessary and if you must be sure to wash your hands with soap and water before u do. Avoid over washing and frequent washing of the face. The last thing ur face needs is that. Once your face is over washed ur skin pores will automatically reproduce oils to replace the lost one. Wash your face twice a day.
    Avoid popping the acne, thats what causes the spots. I know its difficult but resist it. If you must make sure it looks ready to pop and do so with clean hands. After popping wash that spot with just clean water and apply an anti-inflammatory gel on it to make it heal and without scarring and also to protect it from germs.
    Drink a lot of water even when you are not thirsty mostly immediately from bed and just before sleep. This keeps your skin hydrated. I can not over emphasize on this, but your pillowcase is also one major spreader of acne therefore u must change it regularly, at least every 2 days. Try not to sleep with ur face down on ur pillow. Use clean face towels just for your face and wash them regularly with mild soaps. When taking your bath, dont wash ur face rigorously, just gently with ur fingers and with ordinary mild soap then pat dry with ur face towel. Trust me I did not use any magical acne treatment, just moisturizer. Apply a generous douse of moisturizer on your face and rub it in. Look for one suited for your skin type and look for fragrance free types. Do this every morning and night. Try keeping your hair off ur face as they oils from our hair products can irritate the skin too.
    As difficult and lengthy as these guidelines sound, trust me it works. In just a year of practice, I am free of acne people even wonder how I did it. Please eat well too and exercise regularly. You would look totally transformed.

I have a last tip but its a bit strange. I was skeptical about trying it but it worked magic for me. Don’t know if I should share but if u do just reply to this and I will. Have a nice day.

• dongagaleo@gmail.com thank you all for the advice. January 27, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Ms rere, please share it and thank you for taking your time to share your experience and the advice!
      Thank you everybody for the advice!

• winnie January 27, 2016 at 11:37 am

@dongagaleo, i had terrible acne but with the use of natural products,it got better,i mean really better. 1) You can try nutmeg 1 tspn,honey 1/2tspn,lemon 1tspn. Mix it together & use as a mask,leave it on for 20mins & rinse it out with cold water. 2) cinammon,honey & nutmeg (same quantity as above & same timing. But my favorite is turmeric,lemon & honey. You can get cinammon & turmeric at the spice section in shoprite. I also got introduced to a natural turmeric black soap by @fighealthstore in lekki,it costs #4k5 but believe me it works wonders. And mostly importantly.. worry less about it,then you will see good results. I hope i could help.

• hezekina pollutina January 27, 2016 at 12:19 pm

if you are, stop using artificial products with chemicals. they are irritating to sensitive/acne prone skin and clog pores. i advise a 100% natural soap and use a light oil like grapeseed or moringa oil for moisture. allow your skin to breath, very light makeup. a mineral foundation powder will give you coverage without clogging pores. also get a good makeup remover to make sure all dirt and makeup is removed. wash face every night before you sleep. use pure tea tree oil to treat the spots.

• Na Wa January 27, 2016 at 2:29 pm

I need help too oo abeg. I’ve tried everything but bleaching creams. I have ingrown hairs on my chin and neck that have left unsightly black spots. I’m embarrassed by them really. My husband has complained and complained. His own is too much sef but it reallybisnt pretty. What can I use?

• Baby January 27, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Hi Nawa,
      I used to have ingrown hairs on my neck and chin and now its all gone. I started a daily/weekly routine that helped. I made sure to wash my face twice daily and after washing I tone my face with a mixture of 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water when finish off with my moisturizer and then once or twice a week I exfoliate with a sugar scrub. I also try to deep cleanse with Indian Healing clay mixed with apple cider vinegar once or twice a month. I noticed that if I don’t keep my face clean often enough I start to get ingrown hairs. very important to exfoliate and moisturize to keep those pores dirt free so hair follicles won’t be trapped and skin hydrated. Also let the skin breathe stop plucking so much if you use tweezers. I made a homemade wax mixture and I’ve been ingrown free for years now. 😉

• Rolly January 27, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Your comment about your husband made me quite sad. What is he complaining about? I mean you already feel bad about it, how insensitive.

• Curteous January 27, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Bella did you ask my friend permission before you lifted this story off her Instagram to post here? Are you that desperate for traffic you just prowl on peoples instagram looking for images to post a story? She did not give you permission.

• kaya January 27, 2016 at 11:46 pm

sussssh there! see the comments above and realise pple can relate with said problem and are reaching to her for help. So you cld run right along and tell your ‘friend’ to thank bellanaija for promoting her new venture

• Sansarai January 27, 2016 at 9:51 pm

One word for adolescent acne, stress acne, any kind of acne: RetinA. End of.

• Bunmi January 28, 2016 at 10:07 am

You should try to avoid products that has fragrance,use natural products most especially unrefined black soap,unrefined Shea butter,extra virgin olive oil. Drink plenty water,@ least 8 glasses a day,sleep @ least 8hrs a day,avoid sugary stuffs,eat clean I.e avoid processed foods, avoid touching your face. Try to concentrate more on your inner beauty which makes you the person that you are to regain your self esteem, always remember acne is never permanent,it will surely go it’s the YOU that remains. Stay beautiful.

• LA January 30, 2016 at 7:07 pm

To those suffering from the real hormonal type acne, prescription medication is what you need. The many facial routines mentioned are good, but you need prescription meds to first help you get rid of the really bad acne and breakouts. Once stabilized, you can adopt a good routine, but remember that despite the great suggestions highlighted, everybody’s body is different – what works for one person might not for another. First, you need antibiotics that will clear the acne (remember that acne are a really milder form of boils). Unfortunately, I can’t remember the name of the antibiotic my dermatologist prescribed, but it definitely cleared me within a week. Next my doctor prescribed Epiduo. W/O health insurance, I would have had to pay around $200 for the small pump. Good thing is it lasts. And it does sting around the eyes so definitely keep away from your eyes. Once you do this for about two months, your face will be in tip top shape and you can “maintain” by using a remedy that works for you – preferably natural. Should breakouts occur again, simply use the Epiduo for about two weeks and you should be fine. Epiduo typically slightly lightens the skin, but it had a reverse effect on me…I became black! The doctor said I was the one percent! Sigh!