Events

Nnenna Okoye, Lola Maja, Stephanie Kalu-Uche, Others Share Beauty and Skincare Tips at the ‘Revamped with Youtopia Beauty Skincare Masterclass’ | See photos

BellaNaija.com

On Saturday, March 11th, 2017, Youtopia Beauty held it’s much anticipated Revamped with Youtopia Beauty Skincare Masterclass at the Sleek Studio Square, Victoria Island.

It was an educative, interactive and fun session as speakers gave valuable insight on the importance of skincare.

Nnenna Okoye, CEO of Youtopia Beauty, gave a presentation highlighting the different skin types, how to determine what beauty product is the right fit and the importance of having a proper skincare routine.

Lola Maja of The Beauty Insider addressed the role make-up plays in protecting the skin and the importance of finding the right make-up products that are unique to the various skin types.

Leslie Okoye, Founder of Cookie Skin and Stephanie Kalu-Uche (Founder of Stephanie Nicholas) had a session centered on building a beauty brand. They also spoke on caring for the skin, noting that beauty routines may differ from person to person.

Dr. Aire of Airesthetics gave an eye-opener presentation on the use of Botox.

Guests were treated to free consultations, tasty nibbles, a beauty goody bag and giveaways courtesy of Sleek Studio and Youtopia Beauty.

The master class was sponsored by Sleek Studios, R&R Luxury, Stephanie Nicholas Skincare and Cookie Skin.

Media partners included Kamdora, Style Me Africa, Beauty in Lagos, B&F Collective and Genevieve Magazine.

—————————————————————————————————————-
Sponsored Content

1. Lee

March 21, 2017 at 3:18 pm

These women are wearing some gigantic rings. Sheesh

• Linda

March 21, 2017 at 5:50 pm

so ??? so you too you yearn for their lifes abi?

2. poli

March 21, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Good job ladies . I do wish we could see more dark skin beauty educators, People that can also speak for the darker sisters out there.

• jade

March 21, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Well, you will be surprise majority of the women there are naturally dark skin. So, in a way there are dark skin beauty educators.

• Oyinda

March 22, 2017 at 4:49 pm

hahaha…that’s funny. All their skin has been altered, so i don’t know what type of good skincare they are prmoting. They should just say toning and bleaching. Lola maja is naturally lighter skin because I saw a younger photo of her and she’s always been on the lighter side
      I’m still surprised how Banke got so light because she used to be dark skin and I used to admire her skin colour so much.

3. Olori

March 21, 2017 at 3:29 pm

If you are not light skinned………………….
    Well………………..
    O.Y.O.
    92.65 % of the women above are.
    Nigeria.
    LOL
    Argue with your ancestors.
    If you deny the colourism thing u just chose to be ignorant.
    By the way I’m light skinned so there’s no inferiority here.
    Just fact.

• Kosi

March 21, 2017 at 4:23 pm

My dear eh, the thing tire me. It was all I could see as I scrolled down. Unnaturally light skinned ladies everywhere. Even the guy’s complexion was questionable.

4. Akara Pancake

March 21, 2017 at 3:32 pm

There is NOTHING like the beauty, industry and strength of the Igbo woman. The chick in the pink skirt and Leslie Okoye are cute af

• Observer

March 21, 2017 at 8:01 pm

Igbo woman?! Those making waves in the beauty industry like Banke, Tara Durotoye, etc… last time I checked were not Igbo. People will be there perpetuating myths….rubbish.

• Nuna

March 22, 2017 at 8:20 am

That she chooses to celebrate the Igbo woman does not negate the strides the other ones are pulling. Calm your tits please

• Abk

March 23, 2017 at 12:19 am

I know right! The Delta lady from Zaron as well. Mamza who’s Hausa, and many others.

5. xx

March 21, 2017 at 5:10 pm

Azzin Leslie I want your skin so bad. Ezinne (lady in the pink skirt) pictures does no justice to you.

6. Beyonce

March 21, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Bleachers conference. Who amongst them is a certified beauty or skin care specialist?

7. TD

March 21, 2017 at 7:07 pm

I’m glad there’s more talk on good skin care these days. We all need to learn how to care for our skin.You can wear the best clothes but I personally dont think it will still measure up if your skin looked a hot mess. It just makes one look unkempt. I tried the youtopia brand once and i actually liked it. My best however is the Daizaura skin care brand. I think its a new natural skincare company. Anyway, found them on instagram on a page (@goodskinguru). I am dark skinned and my sister is light skinned and we both use their products. When I say our skin looks flawless, I mean flawlessss. People always ask us what we use and sometimes just assume its in our genes lol.

• Abk

March 23, 2017 at 12:22 am

Skincare is really important. Wasn’t really taking care of myself until 2014. When it comes to skincare, I have some foreign brands I use. For Nigerian brands, I use Black Soap from Estella’s Pride and Ajali, and moisturisers from Oriki. They’re great brands! Of course I eat right and exercise for prominent results.

8. Chineselaugh

March 22, 2017 at 1:14 am

Talking about good skin and youth yet they are all covered up in years and thick layers of makeup and veins filled with glutathione skin whiteners mtchew dont be fooled ladies

9. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 22, 2017 at 10:54 am

is Leslie Okoye Igbo, or is she married to an Igbo man

Light skin – some Igbo women are light skin – some Igbo women are not

• Anon

March 23, 2017 at 2:57 am

Both.

10. mamaisabel

March 22, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Are those not fried drumsticks I see for lunch? Thought part of skincare was healthy eating…

11. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

March 23, 2017 at 10:43 am

@Anon March 23, 2017 at 2:57 am, thank you

12. Jenny

March 24, 2017 at 10:21 am

Hello there,

It is so nice to know great skincare tips from these gorgeous ladies. And their guests were able to get free consultations and bring home some goody bags, that is cool!

13. Wendy C.

September 2, 2017 at 7:58 am

Hi,

They are indeed great beauties, such a reflection of what they are implementing. The conference is an important thing to educate and let know how beneficial it is to have a healthy skin. Thank you for sharing.