Pulse-Tiwa-Savage-

Tiwa Savage and Tee Billz have one of the cutest love stories. Before he became her husband, he helped her build and manage her career.

In this interview with Pulse TV however, Tiwa Savage reveals that her very first impression of Tee Billz was that he was rude and a bit arrogant.

According to her, she had emailed him her music and he didn’t respond to her mails and one day during a Timaya Concert in Los Angeles she walked up to him to confront him about it. Tee Billz, who was managing Sauce Kid at the time, requested they meet the next day.

The following, after listening to her CD, Tee Billz told Tiwa Savage to move to Nigeria but first she’d have to lose weight, start wearing makeup, start wearing weaves and basically have a make-over.

Speaking to Pulse TV about Tee Billz telling her to change her image, Tiwa Savage says “I thought he was a bit rude. Like, this guy is arrogant and I didn’t talk to him for a long time”.

To watch Tiwa Savage talking about meeting Tee Billz start the interview below at 04:34-07:12.

Tiwa Savage also talks about her career, motherhood, handling fame and more.

Watch below.

21 Comments on “I Thought He was a bit Rude & Arrogant” Tiwa Savage on meeting Tee Billz for the First Time
  • Cindy February 12, 2016 at 7:33 am

Fire your stylist please

• Nek February 12, 2016 at 8:06 am

This guy knows his (Naija) hiphop. Took it back to them Sauce Kid mixtape days

• concerned February 12, 2016 at 8:30 am

Who was styling Tiwa circa 2010-2013? She could go and beg the person to come and style her again! But then again, you get the sense she isn’t much of a glamour puss so maybe she’s just being herself. But still, there are several ways to have a simple, unfussy style and be the most stylish girl in the room. I mean see the likes of Genevieve Nnaji, even her bestie Elohor Aisien. I wonder how Elohor allows her to go out in public wearing certain things.
    But….I still love her though! Tiwa gurl, you are beautiful and you rock! Just go back to dressing the way you were in 2013, ok?

• MAN February 12, 2016 at 10:20 am

Tiwa was been styled by Veronica Odeka in those period but she fired Veronica and since then, her fashion game has been a bit down. I hope she comes back to Veronica or she gets a very good stylist who can make her look like a STAR that she is. Dave Sucre used to do Genevieve’s make up but he now does make up for Tiwa and so far, she’s been looking good especially in Nude make ups.

• concerned February 12, 2016 at 11:29 am

She fired Veronica Odeka?! Why? Vanestyle is the best styling agency bar none. I think she should get Veronica back. Or Bubu Ogisi: I hear she styles Rita Dominic. But not Swanky, I find him overrated.

• A February 12, 2016 at 5:56 pm

She, Elohor and Veronica had a huge falling out sha. But she needs that babe back on her team cause worrisdis?

• tell me February 12, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Falling out? what happened?

• keke driver February 12, 2016 at 8:39 am

Now you can’t do without your make up and make down…

• Bbamsmi February 12, 2016 at 8:44 am

Well done girl!

• B.E February 12, 2016 at 8:56 am

Bless! I love Tiwa and have to give credit to the team behind her.

Her brand is rock solid, the production of RED I think is great! Met her once and her genuine humility stands out which is what I believe has helped her so far of course as well as God’s grace!

More grease darling x

• MAN February 12, 2016 at 10:26 am

I think Tiwa needs to stop living on the hype that comes with Jazzy and the Mavins Crew. Her music recently is appalling. It’s either Jazzy doesn’t understand what her voice can do or he pushes his opinion down her throat(i doubt). Tiwa’s voice is made for melodic songs like cool blues and R n B, a bit dancing songs is good. Her voice is sooooo unique and babe can really sing. Her only rival is Waje and maybe Omawumi. With the attention Tiwa commands, if she steps up her music game just by 30%, she’d be a global phenomenon. We’re tired of noisy songs. Tiwa should bless us with cool blues.

• Matilda February 12, 2016 at 3:38 pm

I like your comment o, so this is not me garnering for a fight….. but did you say… “and maybe Omawunmi”???? Whattttttt??? I think Tiwa has a good voice but Omawunmi’s is wayyyyyyy up there!!! that girl can hold a note and half!!! there is this richness in her voice that few Nigerian singers (Waje included) have…. in fact, in my opinion (MY opinion) its just Omawunmi and Waje I consider with that range in Nigeria (of female singers that are out there o, as I know a lot of girls that can sing but just haven’t ‘blown’ yet)

• Yike February 16, 2016 at 6:00 pm

But the real question is will Nigerians listen to those kind of songs. The reality is Nigerians like ‘noisy songs’. Sad but true. We don’t do content, we do sound.

• Olu February 12, 2016 at 11:36 am

“……Bad boys ain’t no good…..good boys ain’t no fun….”

• Temz O February 12, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I love how Tiwa doesn’t officially acknowledge Seyi Shay has her major competition like Seyi Shay who does, She ensures she mentions the names of other female artistes whenever she is being compared with Shay. i also love the fact that she is very careful with her words.

Her brand is here to stay for a very long time cause i don’t see Nyra, Kimani, Shay, Waje, Omawunmi getting the publicity she already has and is still constantly working on. Thumbs uP!.

• Ovuoke February 12, 2016 at 4:31 pm

You guys criticized the ‘poor’ girl for her outfit at her album release party, etc. Now the chic is covering up and y’all still vex. What is the girl to do? Ms. Tiwa, if you get to read this. Just do you o jare!

• Ch February 12, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Am I the only one that found this interviewer quite annoying. He was talking too much in the name of asking questions that at times it felt like he was d one being interviewed. Ask ur questions in short straight sentences, u and av 2 elaborate and drag and expantiate and then end up putting words in her mouth. Asides from this, nice interview Tiwa, very down to earth answers..Keep up the good work

• Msoreoluwa February 13, 2016 at 7:23 am

This was a great interview. I only watched the first video but Tiwa is so down to earth and likeable. I think the interviewer did a fantastic job with his questions and he has so much knowledge about the Nigerian music industry and Tiwa’s career through the years that he was able to ask relevant questions, which kept the interview interesting.

The only thing I think could be improved upon is more use of inserts and visuals during the interview. Aside from clips of Kele Kele Love and her second video, it was either talking heads or numerous clips of African Waist. It would have been helpful if they had shown visuals/clips of the other songs/videos and magazine covers that they referred to. Otherwise, coming from someone who can hardly watch anything over 10 minutes, good job!

• Kiki February 13, 2016 at 7:30 pm

This was a really great interview!

• opeyemi February 16, 2016 at 2:08 am

Tiwa remains hawt and real just that her stylist needs binoculars to see what she should wear and shouldnt wear. Mr interviewer, at least if you wont cut your hair and beards, keep them neat and clean. I think the interviewer is boring.