“Motherhood changed everything about my life” Anna Ebiere on being a Mom

Anna Banner 2

The Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (2013) Anna Banner Ebiere is on the cover of the latest issue of House of Maliq magazine (click here) and in the magazine she opens up for the first time on how motherhood has been for her.

The 20-year-old mother of one cute daughter shared with the magazine how being a mom has changed everything about her life.

Anna Banner 1 Anna Banner

According to her:

“Motherhood changed everything about my life, and largely in ways that I didn’t expect. It was a whole new experience. I was amazed at the instant bonding and how natural it felt to be a mother. It is the most rewarding, beautiful and joyous thing imaginable in this world and I wouldn’t change anything.”

HouseOfMaliq-Magazine-Cover-2016-Anna-Banner-Ebiere--February-Edition-Ex-Beauty-Queen-Mr-Nigeria-Fashion-Editorial.jpg.jpg_B5A1043 copy

Anna Banner and Flavour welcomed their daughter in 2015.

75 Comments on “Motherhood changed everything about my life” Anna Ebiere on being a Mom
  • l February 9, 2016 at 2:53 pm

of course motherhood is going to change you but then again most or few mothers are not ready for that change no matter how happy they pretend to be!!!

• RIFF RAFF February 9, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Find a way to focus on your education and PLEASE, do something productive with your life ,dear. At least you still have the TIME factor on your side. Trust in God and play your cards wisely this time…Work hard AND GOD WILL MEET YOU AT THE POINT OF YOUR HUSTLE.

IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG GIRLS, LET HER STORY BE A SERIOUS EYE-SHINER TO ALL OF YOU. GO NOTHING BEATS HARD AND SMART WORK.

• Christian Sister February 9, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Shut up!

• Gome February 9, 2016 at 7:52 pm

You, my dear, are NO Christian!! You are a blip on the earth’s surface!!

• Christian sister needs Chineke February 10, 2016 at 1:23 am

Na God go help you through your pain oh?

• Drknite February 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Thank you Riff Raff for sharing you Master Splinter words of wisdom. Your knowledge and understand is a light for all Nigerians to follow. I look forward to you candidacy in the next presidential election

• ATL’s finest February 9, 2016 at 3:00 pm

Look @ that last pix #Striking#. Once a beauty Queen, always a beauty Queen. Hopefully she’s got on with her life in the right path/direction & make it a better one for her daughter & her future.

• jd February 9, 2016 at 3:03 pm

just 20 years old! gosh Flavour..this is child abuse!

• Shandi February 9, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I’m not one of those people who doubt people’s ages. But I was told she use 1995 at the time for MBGN and is older than that. Don’t know if it’s true or false.

• Shandi February 9, 2016 at 3:58 pm

She used*

• lala February 9, 2016 at 3:09 pm

*Sips tea*

• Ada February 9, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Only 20 years and a single mother. These are not goals!

• halima February 9, 2016 at 3:45 pm

And who says she can’t begin to set goals after being a single mother at 20? She’s 20, not 30!

• nene February 9, 2016 at 4:12 pm

stay there. you think it’s easy?

• Halima no well! February 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm

And is that a goal? Setting goals after you have had a baby?

• concerned February 9, 2016 at 3:56 pm

So what are goals? 40 and a single mother? 28 and a married mother? What difference does it make? As a human being, your main goal in life should be to able to look yourself in the mirror and be happy with yourself, not what others think should be your goals.

• halima February 9, 2016 at 3:18 pm

This is sweet. Anna is a beautiful girl. I know some of you will start screaming baby mama please let her be. At least she had a baby and didn’t abort it like most girls would do.

• a father!!! February 9, 2016 at 5:58 pm

is that an excuse…. cause she didn’t abort the baby!!! she’s still a baby mama and I’m sure you are as well!!! as a father she wouldn’t have even dreamt of sleeping with flavour…. young girls that should focus on their future but rather running after the title of being a baby mama!!!
      see your mouth like at least she didn’t abort the baby!!!!

• Coolly calm February 9, 2016 at 7:27 pm

It is a big deal that she didn’t abort the baby. I’m sure you admire some women’s lives not knowing they aborted and didn’t have the guts to have the baby and get condemned by people like you. It’s not the best to have a child outside wedlock or what I pray for in my life but kudos to her.

• halima ‘the baby mama’ February 9, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Hehehehehhehe. See case under my comment. Yes, I am a baby mama. No shame in it! My child is 4 years old and I’m soooooo proud of my life right now. Your comment got me laughing cuz I have heard more than that during pregnancy and after I have had my baby. Hehehehehehehhehehehehehehe. Being a mom single or wedded is a GOAL.

• D February 9, 2016 at 6:08 pm

At least she had s support system and for a celebrity it appears to be tolerable, MOST of the girls you referred don’t hv dt kind of support system

• telma February 10, 2016 at 4:53 am

I am pleased for you that you feel being a babymama was a goal you have achieved. From my perspective as a product from a single parent family I really wish I had a dad around. My mum tried her best but she couldn’t makeup for the fact that I did not have a dad. MY GOAL as a child growing up was to have my daddy, around always. I felt there was something wrong with me hence he preference his other kids and lived with their mum. for that reason i became quit promiscuous looking for daddy in all the wrong places.. And yes I had uncles and all that but I promise you a girl needs her daddy she needs that one man to set her on a pedestal and love her unconditionally, and tell her she is a princess, and teach her how to feel loved . I had uncles but I was never there number one piority. I did not choose to be a child of a single woman. All I ever get is you should be grateful your mum had you, ungrateful child etc.. i really hate it when I see all these women parading their babies like assesories on social media. My mum took a lot of cute pics of me as a baby but no track after the age of 5 upwards. Ask any child from a single parent home. IT IS NOT FUN BEING US. You automatically become an inconvenience when you grow pass cute baby stage. When I go and visit my dad he’s wife and her kids treat me like a second class citizen. Even my mum’s husband is one kind. He prefers his kids. Forgive my typos just wanted to put my views across

• ZBL February 10, 2016 at 8:34 am

Halima condemnation is inevitable except u can say its something ull do again or wish d same for ur daughter. No shades

• okeydoke April 7, 2016 at 11:32 pm

yeh! anna did’nt abort d baby becos she wanted 2 tie flavour down with d pregnancy,but unfortunately 4 her it didn’t work d way she planned,its obvious flavour loves sandra MOST,lyk very very obvious,by d way who told u if it was a nobody that got anna pregnant that she would never think twice of getting rid of dat pregnancy,afterall she wasn’t a virgin be 4 flavour met her,she intentionally kept d pregnancy thinking dat flavour is gonna fall 4 dat but nope anna sandra okagbue my swt anambra sister owns him SHIKINA!!!Lol

• Le coco February 9, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Good for you girl… that chiLd is a blessing into your life.. no matter what happened in the past.. I know of SO MANY single young mothers who have gone on to do amazing things with their lives.. u r still young.. work hard.. go back to school and focus on being the best mom you can be…

• MsDee February 9, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Motherhood looks good on her

• Emma February 9, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I am so happy for her. Motherhood is a joyous thing. Before the haters start hating her for being a single mother look to fix your own mess before you comment on another.

• LOVE February 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm

SHE HAS MOVED ON AND EVEN MAKING A BEAUTIFUL WAY FOR HER SELF AND MAKING HER MONEY .SHE DOESNT LUK LIKE SHE IS BEGGING.

• Lee February 9, 2016 at 4:35 pm

There is something called packaging. Most people don’t look like what they’re going through or have been through.

• LOVE February 10, 2016 at 12:54 pm

WHAT EVER THE PACKAGE SHE IS USING , IT IS REALLY SELLING FOR HER. PACKAGING AND REBRANDING ARE D SAME . GENEVIEVE REPACKAGED AND REBRANDED AND SHE IS ONTOP OF HER OWN MATTER DOING WELL JARE. PLS ANNA MOVE ON FROM D PAST.

• Peace February 9, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Beautiful girl.
    Please go back to school and complete your education jare. A better man will come your way.
    Anna Banner, I wish you all the best.

• Rafaella February 9, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Praise the Lord!!! Finally my fellow Bellanaijarians haff repented. No more insults on Anna back to back. But every insult was a hit sha cos BNers sabi finish sumborri’s destiny with comments.lol

Anna you fine gan o. Even after giving birth, you are still ok. Just take of Baby Sofia and yourself, when the time is right for you, try and go back to school. See Genevieve. Giving birth at early stage never stopped her from achieving her goals. Today all and sundry admire her, she is now referred to as a Queen. You can do the same. We all can do the same. Determination leads to success.

• anna February 9, 2016 at 7:02 pm

Ayaaa isn’t it wonderful the way nigerians are now very civilised. A woo. I pray your unwed brothers will marry her and feel blessed to help her raise flavours baby, help me say Amen. Infact may all the girls in your family turn out just exactly like this beautiful queen Anna.. Your comment really touched my soul . ae .

• Kweku February 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Kai! You’re a sad excuse for a Ghanaian. Ayaaa!

• Anna February 9, 2016 at 10:01 pm

@ Kweku tasty dry Ghanaian guy. My naija bros castoff giving you hope abi. Looool you don’t stand a chance sha looool.

• Cynthia February 9, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Kweku. Don’t be dumb biko. Is Rafaella a Ghanaian name? Hian! What makes you think that she is from Ghana? Rafaella is a Portuguese feminine name meaning God has healed. Google is your friend. And as for you “Anna”, you are bitter person for that comment. You want Rafaella to join the league of those that have been bashing her since 2015. Abeg! Smh for the way some people think sha.

• Felinda February 9, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Anna is so beautiful , I hope someday , A nice guy – intelligent educated smart decent man – will find her and marry her . I am glad she did this shoot, kinda like re-branding herself after all the backlash. Kids are a blessing. She is 20yrs old for crying out loud, Lets give this girl a break.
    Matter of fact am really rooting for her to win. If she needs to finish school go do that, be doing modeling by the side, raise your child, before you know it, five years will come right now and you would achieved so much .

I don’t know this girl – but God bless her nonetheless.

And to all the PERFECT people out there judging her – stop it already. Stop critiquing her bad choices she made in the past. She is only 20 – how old are you????

• kazy-clean February 9, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Good for you girl… that child is a blessing into your life , just passing by !

• Olayrmi February 9, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Funny how I wish I had all my kids before 25. You are beautiful my dear. Absolutely beautiful no matter what.

• concerned February 9, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Anna, ojare, I like you. You look like a strong, beautiful woman who is not ready to allow her past to define her. We have ALL made mistakes and we are ALL sinners before God. Abeg, live your life. Flaunt that beautiful baby. Succeed in all you do. Make God your standard and not what society says is right. If I see a post about you on ANY blog, I will defend you. Isn’t human beings who fall to temptations? I admire women who are able to pick themselves up after life throws curveballs at them. Afterall, who says you have to be a certain age or married to be a good mother? How old was Joan Crawford when she became a mother? Yet she was so cruel, they made a movie about her. How old is Sophie Momodu? Can you call her a responsible mother? The married women who allow their husbands to sexually abuse their daughters, what do we say about them?

• Abk February 9, 2016 at 4:10 pm

I hope her daughter grows up to respect her, and not be one of those kids who abuse their Parents. Cause Sophia your Mother has received so many insults to last her a lifetime. Although I’m no fan of Anna, I hope she goes back to school, whether Nigeria or outside, stay away from the entertainment scene for a while, and secure a better future.

• MUSE February 9, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I admire her for the fact that she didn’t abort the baby (Baby mama or not!) Most girls her age would have aborted and moved on with their lives but she didn’t and if she takes care of herself she should be able to make something out of her life,

• Anon February 9, 2016 at 4:23 pm

I like the fact that she is moving on with her life, young girls please be warned. It’s not easy to raise a child alone.

• chinyelu February 9, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Yeah yeah wrong message to send out Anna. I would have hoped if you had the chance to go back in time you’d have
    1. Not engaged in a relationship with a well known playboi who at the time had a pregge girlfriend
    2. Practice safe sex cause you KNEW that he definitely wasn’t
    You should at least preach safe sex, stay in education, and value yourself to vunerable young girls. Becos dear Anna you were vunerable and taken advantage off. Instead of you giving good advice to young girls you are out there glorifying your poor choices in life.

• Nadine February 9, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Una dey advise am? Lmao. Make una pray for am cos Anna no get sense(sorry to type it).

We all should pray that Jesus should give her plenty sense to leave Flavour alone cos that guy doesn’t deserve her.

The guy that almost kicked her out of the apartment when the rent expired in January if not for Chidimma(Ms Kedike) who renewed it. The guy that always ignores her and treats her like thrash. Always dictating where she should and shouldn’t go else he will stop taking care of her.
    But after all these, Anna is still in love with Flavour. I dunno if na JAZZ Uncle Flavour use for am abi na young mind dey deceive her. And Ify Umeokeke will be like “Hubby said I should mind our family”

That babe dey suffer. Just forget all those Instagram display. NA CONFIRM WASH!!!

• Olu February 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm

This is one pretty lady.

• Nadine February 9, 2016 at 4:49 pm

She was born on 18 Feb 1993 and not 1995 as she is claiming. If you think say na lie, ask her friends: Chizoba and Faith.
    I know some people will come for me and be like “are you her mother?”lol but I no send. Just thank me later for it. BN PLEASE POST ALL MY COMMENTS JARE!!!

• Me February 9, 2016 at 6:54 pm

@nadine: Thank you for??? This information you have given us how does it increase your monthly salary?

• Nadine February 9, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Aunty Me! Are you Anna/Chizoba/Faith? I just saw Oga Flavour with his Ugegbe(Sandra Okagbue) your(her) competitor at Enugu Airport kissing and cuddling. PELE O!

• Xoxo February 9, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Jus look at this one. You sure think you are better than her. My dear, criticize all you want.. Let it just stickk with you that this babe will shame your type!!

• Rahila February 9, 2016 at 4:58 pm

This baby made her stronger

• Christian Sister February 9, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I love me some Anna. The way people constantly bash her and throw insults her way just cause she had a child out of wedlock is amazing. So what if she’s a single mum? So what?!!! Jeez its bad enough that the father of the baby is one loose human being, but love can sometimes blind you tbh. I’m glad she kept the baby. Genevieve, Waje, and a whole lot of other stars are single parents, and look at them still slaying. Anna, if you’re reading this, chin up, and live your life without shame please. We’ve all made mistakes, but not all of us got to have a beautiful thing come out from our mistakes, you did. Keep slaying mama!

• Quiss February 9, 2016 at 9:03 pm

They’re not insulting her cause she’s a single Mom. Although the insults are unnecessary as the deed has been done, they were insulting her and are still insulting her because she not only slept with a guy with a baby mama (who he was dating at the time) and a child; she didn’t use protection. Secondly, because she had so much in front of her and was enrolled in undergraduate studies in the UAE, but wasted all of it. The insults are unnecessary to be honest but she’s not being insulted because she’s a single Mom, but because the situation could’ve been totally avoided and prevented. I wish her the best, and I hope young girls, including myself can learn a lesson or two from this. All the best, Anna!

• Zee February 9, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Oh yeah! And motherhood gave you a banging body!!! I love this girl ! More power to you o jare

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 9, 2016 at 5:26 pm

I can’t help but admire her courage. It takes a strong teen to go through with having a child. But then again the Flavor factor helped. She will be fine.

• Rose February 9, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Anna your an admirable girl…yes you did not make the smartest choice by getting pregnant when you did….but you sucked it up and your moving forward with your life….like they say being down is not a problem but staying down is the problem. I am rooting for you girl….the sky is your beginning. That being said….please other girls don’t look at Anna all glamourized in a mag looking fab and think that becoming a baby mama or single mum is the new normal…. Firstly its a sin against God and your body….secondly women know your worth….you are Queens don’t try to reduce yourself for a man who doesn’t deserve you and can’t treat you like the Queen you are….. Thirdly being a single mum is not easy @ all….invest in yourself, your education…. Set your standards. #dropsmic #enoughsaid

• Reekaddict till infinity February 9, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I knew that was the reason they featured her to ask her some intimate questions. Anna dear congratulations on ur bundle of joy don’t allow any negative comment(s) make u feel bad u can still achieve ur goals in life. Being a single mum at a young age is not a barrier to what u can achieve in life!

• ijs February 9, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Congrats to Anna but one day she needs to say that having a baby outside wedlock was mistake she has moved on from. Only by owning it can she get true sympathy from others and be a lesson to other young girls.she’s out here looking like she did the whole thing on purpose.

• Biko February 9, 2016 at 7:03 pm

No more insults because she is now a mother?? Only in nigeria your sins are forgiven if you marry or have a baby.Sorry to the single, unmarried and no children households.It sure is rough out there for us.Upon everything, these insults does not pay anybody’s bills. Tommorow she will be snagged up by some rish dude and you peeps will start tapping into her hardwork.

• Susie February 9, 2016 at 9:08 pm

Your mindset is pathetic. Rather than thinking of being snagged up by a rich dude, why not encourage her to finish school, and have a successful career and financial life? Perhaps make a name for herself and not solely depend on a rich dude? The way some of you reason = bizarrely odd.

• Val February 9, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Thank you. Most sensible comment on here.

• Passingby February 9, 2016 at 9:41 pm

What I would like to know is how you really feel about being one of flavours baby mamas. How does it really feel to be treated the way you have by flavour. That’s what I wish you had addressed in this interview. Instead you just wasted the opportunity to tell your side of the story .why don’t you just get over yourself and use your media to educate young girls. instead of glossing over the facts, painting a picture of blissfull babymamahood when we all know it ain’t so. And for that madam you don’t get my condemnation (after all who am I to judge) but you definitely don’t get my admiration /vote. I wouldn’t be saying to my young nieces oh come and look at this girl, she’s a wonderful role model.

• nnenne February 9, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Well said RIFF RAFF.
    For reasons unknown to me, I just love her and I pray she gets it right from now on.

• Tobby February 9, 2016 at 11:54 pm

flavor for just marry this girl na
    Which kind stampede of foundation be this sef?
    He give her belle finish then use her gollibe abi ki lo pè video
    Now he enter voicemail… She’s a pretty lady but she can do well for herself if she pleases too and boost her career.

• Belema February 10, 2016 at 1:48 pm

And why should he marry her?
      I mean I heard she’s going through a difficult time even though she depicts a different imagine on social media, I feel bad for her and sympathize with her. I however will not feel bad if he doesn’t marry her. As a matter of fact, he shouldn’t. I could care less about Sandra and Anna, so I’m not being biased, but why will you sleep with a Man who already has a baby mama, someone who he was still with at the time? And she didn’t think of using contraceptives or anything. If anyone of us is Sandra, we would be pissed. Right now, Flavour is allegedly still with Sandra. I feel it’s pointless insulting Anna all the time, cause I feel bad for her since she’s going through torturous times already. Still, I don’t think Flavour has to marry her, not at all. If he should marry any of them, it should be Sandra. Girls, please learn from this. Being a Baby mama already has its own challenges, not to talk of being a baby mama for a Man you clearly saw another woman have a child with. Anna you don’t have to try too hard to prove you’re happy, the deed has already been done. Take care of your baby, and move on with your life, yes it’s tough. Finish school and get a name for yourself. That way you wouldn’t have to depend of Flavour for everything. All the best.

• Belema February 10, 2016 at 1:48 pm

Depicts a different image*

• lily matty February 10, 2016 at 12:10 am

mother of 20…!! i doubt it.. as old as u r . u r trying to say u r 20.., wounderful!!!

• Aku February 10, 2016 at 12:42 am

Abeg na only me see the typos in the magazine write-up??

• Tell me February 10, 2016 at 4:13 am

No wonder I never bought any Nigerian magazine, poorly edited, poor execution over all. To the matter; Anna is being unapologetic for becoming a mother, now that is understandable, don’t start acting like a victim seeking pity, besides kids are blessings from God. She is not ready to address the issue 0f the father and the actual situation around their relationship; give her time, it will take some years.In retrospect, she will be able to talk about it honestly with out all this glorious sugar quoting and fierce acting. All the best. Sidebar the baby is sooo cute!

• God bless you concerned February 10, 2016 at 1:29 am

Truth. Preach.
    Live for self and not for others. You came alone and would die alone. If you choose to see yourself through people’s eyes, you would most likely be sad forever.

• sharon February 10, 2016 at 2:32 am

There are a lot of commendable young ladies in Nigeria that deserve media attention like that model discovered by Ty bello. That one has a story to tell that should be sang from the roof top. Anna tske several back seats please. Notting commendable bout you. Nonsense

• Icrossmyheart February 10, 2016 at 10:58 am

Thank you. I just turned 30, single, and happy. Moved to Nigeria and everyone is interested in when i plan to get married. Does Shoprite sell husbands on discounts that i am not aware of? They should have asked me what my goals are not when i plan to meet a man’s goal of marriedom.
    Do not get me wrong, i want to settle down. Marriage is a beautiful thing when it by the special grace of God.