Ese Oruru’s Alleged Abductor to Face Criminal Charges Soon

Ese Oruru's Alleged Abductor Yunusa Yellow

Ese Oruru’s Alleged Abductor Yunusa Yellow

Ese Oruru’s alleged abductor Yunusa Yellow, left Bayelsa in August last year with Ese to Kano, where he converted her to Islam and planned to marry her.

The 22 year old alleged abductor, ran a commercial tricycling business in Bayelsa State, and is  currently at the Police Force Headquarters in Abuja.

According to Premium Times,

The alleged abductor of Ese Oruru, appeared in this photo posing behind his tricycle in Bayelsa State last year.

Police authorities said on Tuesday that Mr. Yunusa would face criminal charges for abducting the teenager from her home.

Source: Premium Times  | Photo Credit: Premium Times

21 Comments on Ese Oruru’s Alleged Abductor to Face Criminal Charges Soon
  • Marlvina March 3, 2016 at 9:58 am

Hmmm he looks like our driver. Lemme quickly go and confirm if that’s his brother. Abeg o!

• mee March 3, 2016 at 10:11 am

Finally we see the face of the man, Nigeria and indeed the world is waiting to see the outcome of this. No short cuts this time, we are eagerly waiting. Justice for the Orurus

• MissB March 3, 2016 at 10:19 am

See his face, wicked idiot!

• Gbaam March 3, 2016 at 10:21 am

What happens to you in Nigeria is directly proportional to your background and ethnicity.
    1. Fulani herdsmen have been killing and sacking communities
    2. They carry AK47 without being arrested
    3. Falae was kidnapped, his farm destroyed by their cattle
    4. A traditional ruler in Anioma was kidnapped and killed
    5. Ese Oruru, a minor, was abducted since 8 months ago, converted to Islam and impregnated without her parents’ consent
    6. An educated royal personage did not see anything wrong with it but aided and abetted the culprit.

Protesters east of the Niger are being killed because they had the effrontery to demand self determination.

FOR HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO KEEP DECEIVING OURSELVES?

• Iphee March 3, 2016 at 10:23 am

I am truly amazed at the no. of people – that should know better – that have tried to put blame on Ese and her parents
    1. Festus Keyamo wants ” Romeo and Juliet ” to be promptly married off to live “Happily ever after”. People have cussed him out already so …. But I remain speechless on many levels
    2. If truly her father knew his son was otherwise engaged to be married to someone else – why keep her all this while???…. Why not send her back or send her packing??
    3. When children of the rich engage in such acts ( like most teenagers would) their parents take care of it ( the girl is aided in getting an abortion or shipped off abroad with elaborate lengths taken to cover up ) but the poor man kids …. Oh well …..The Gospel according to St Keyamo is that it is her parents fault.
    4. Most worrisome is that no arm of government has come out to speak on this matter. Yes I get that under age marriage is permissible in the North but once it is not a solely Northern matter – your right to stretch end at the tip of my nose.

• ‘Deola March 3, 2016 at 12:38 pm

He prefaced his opinion with ” If it’s true Ese is 17 and her ‘abductor’ is 18…” A conditional statement . I doubt his opinion would still be the same based on the relevation she is indeed 14.

• Iphee March 3, 2016 at 2:22 pm

@ ‘Deola: A few questions for you and Keyamo
        1. What business do a 17 and 18 year old have getting married??? Do they have a real grasp of the concept of “for better or worse” especially in terms of their wide cultural/religious differences/backgrounds
        2. Yinusa is a keke driver ( let me presume here he is un educated) Ese is not done with secondary school yet either – How will they survive??. It is such decisions that bring about dysfunctional families that keep promoting this vicious cycle of poverty evident every where in Nigeria.
        3. In our culture is it acceptable for a man to run away with a lady ( without seeking parental consent /paying her bride price) ? while people like Keyamo expects him to get rewarded for it.
        4. Can an “Emeka” do like wise to an “Amina” and the Northerners conclude the matter with let them go and get married?
        5. Would you allow/promote such a decision for a 17 year old relative of yours???

• Eka Odee March 3, 2016 at 11:28 am

Uncle Keyamo na wa for you o. If you don’t what to say please keep quite. It is not compulsory that you speak on all issues.

• Segi March 3, 2016 at 11:35 am

Initially I was outraged by all the hullabaloo around Ese’s but my anger is now cooling off into shame. Yes, shame and we all share the blame. Nigerians are known to be apathetic to important social, religious and political issues. We dismiss these issues with humour and religious candour – afterall it’s not happening to me, let me just thank God and create idiotic Memes! Until such issue becomes a deep sore and then with start with stupid hash tags to fix the symptoms and not the disease. Illiteracy, Poverty and CORRUPTION has robbed us of a good life and a sense to know what’s decent. Someone might think; Thank God I live on the island, London, New York…but do you know whether the day you decide to visit Nigeria is when you become a victim of this diseases. For the first time since voluntarily moving back to Nigeria a year ago, I feel a twig of regret for that decision. I have become so fearful, fearful of the society I was born in, fearful of ‘the village’ that will raise my kids. I’m emotionally and mentally drained, honestly I don’t think I have any more fire in me to fight these issues anymore. If you did read through my rambling, kindly help our nation – let’s ask the right questions from our leaders, create 1 million hash tags and rallies to fight corruption, let’s public office holders accountable for their actions or lack of and more than anything else let’s become the change we desperately want to see – Be kind to your neighbors and be rid of bias! I’m ‘Ese Oruru’ and my country has failed me!

• Segi March 3, 2016 at 11:41 am

Apologies, some words are missing and uncle autocorrect fumbled the others up. I just want to share my current emotional state with the BN community. Thanks

• eva March 3, 2016 at 12:06 pm

The animal even impregnated her…. God oo. God!! All pedophiles and sexual offenders should be castrated. They have ruined the lives of too many children and adults. Her parents should abort that child. They shouldn’t let that child come out of her. This Yinusa should be severely punished. Worthless pedophile.

• Bey March 3, 2016 at 2:13 pm

If she’s 5mths gone, im afraid its too late for that.
      Her parents that were still struggling now have an extra mouth to feed and d stigma that will surely follow this young girl. You know d way Nigerians are, families will be weary of marrying into such families, they can even feign them having mental issues.
      My other hope is that this girl shdnt run off back to Kano. Bcos what dis Yunusa has given ESe I don’t know. The girl has surely lost her innocence and the government and society is to blame.
      A society sick enuf that feels what is left is for a 13/14yr old girl to do is to get married and start rearing children like cattle.

• prince March 3, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Now we see the face of the animal. I just hope Chritiane Amanpour or Halla Gorani of CNN would intervene in this and make it an international thing.
    I wont stop saying it, northerners are animals. nothing good come out of them. they bring nothing to the table, yet they want to dictate how the food is been served.
    All we get from them is destruction.

• Anon March 3, 2016 at 1:42 pm

The face of a paedophile. Disgusting.

• Ope March 3, 2016 at 2:09 pm

The parents should also share part if the blames. As for the animal,he should thank his stars. The court that chased away the parents,God is watching. To the npf,I don’t have anything to say to those pigs. I’m yet to see or hear a story of James abducting zainab and converting her. We are watching

• ATL’s finest March 3, 2016 at 2:42 pm

All this dude is dead sentence. I’m Wondering how much they paid him for this silly act. Sweet baby Jesus comfort Ese in the time of her pains AMEN. I’m still speechless

• zee March 3, 2016 at 2:50 pm

In as much as ds matter is unfortunate and sad, let us push tribalistic, religious, sentimental emotions aside. This is a clear case of infatuation/lust/love or whatever gone wrong. This Yunus guy and Ese met n fell in love. They decided to elope to Kano. Sadly, Ese is a minor while Yunus comes from a background dat promotes child brides. It cld happen to anybody. Especially to parents who r too busy tryn to survive n barely concentrate on dia daughters’ social interactions. I come from a Muslim home, my elder sister fell in love with an Ibe guy at 17. And got pregnant. She adamantly refused to abort n also changed her religion till date. Am happy for her choice! Please leave religion out of ds. E fit be you oooo.

• Tayo March 3, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Well said

• What March 3, 2016 at 4:43 pm

Well we all live within our reality however the laws of the land is what should govern us. Both the Igbo guy that married your sister and this one are same issue. They are wrong and need to be persecuted.

“Sadly, Ese is a minor while Yunus comes from a background dat promotes child brides.” — Still doesn’t change the laws of the country and should never be an excuse.

• JEGAism March 3, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Do you know how s….y you sound? It has everything to do with tribe and religion. A religion and tribesmen that deem it fit for a 13 year old from the other side of the country to be married and impregnated. I assume you are yoruba, Yorubas have never been religion fanatics, please re paint your sisters scenario from a core northern muslim point of view. Ask yourself questions and then provide the answers.