If there is one thing to look out for at the annual Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards, it has to be the outfits.

Celebrities spend weeks trying to get their look right for the most anticipated night of the year and naturally, their fans talk about what they wear on social media.

Several people had a lot to say on social media about different outfits from some of Africa’s biggest celebrities, 6 looks definitely stood out as the most talked about looks. While some talked about the performances and award winners, most talked about “who wore what?” Even BellaNaijarians got involved in the gist via Instagram and our comments section.

Fade Ogunro

Film director Fade Ogunro probably had THE most talked about outfit at the 2016 AMVCAs. She rocked a very risque piece from Weizdhurm Franklyn and that got people talking.

1. Fade Ogunro

According to a lot of comments, for an African award the outfit was inappropriate. What do you think?

Kehinde Bankole

Another star who was the topic of the night was Kehinde Bankole who rocked a custom made piece from a Nigerian designer. The outfit had a striking resemblance to a Zuhair Murad piece that model Chanel Iman wore back in May 2015.

3. Kehinde Bankole (2)

CAP D'ANTIBES, FRANCE - MAY 21:  Chanel Iman attends amfAR's 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala, Presented By Bold Films And Harry Winston at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on May 21, 2015 in Cap d'Antibes, France.  (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images)

CAP D’ANTIBES, FRANCE – MAY 21: Chanel Iman attends amfAR’s 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala, Presented By Bold Films And Harry Winston at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on May 21, 2015 in Cap d’Antibes, France. (Photo by Tristan Fewings/Getty Images)

What do you think? Inspiration or imitation?

Music star Mo’Cheddah went with a look from her own fashion line and a number of people on Twitter felt she should have stayed true to her regular go-to designer, April by Kunbi.

6. Mo'Cheddah (1)

We like how she went with an all-pink look and how bold the shapes are.

Ibinabo Fiberesima

Veteran actress Ibinabo Fiberesima went full-on African for the night. From her hair to her fabric and more, the actress left nothing out.

2. Ibinabo Fiberesima (1)

Elizabeth Michael

Tanzanian star Elizabeth Michael left very little to the imagination in this piece. She had sheer inserts that showed off her toned body but a lot of people on social media felt the look was too much for an award show.

5. Elizabeth Michael (2) 5. Elizabeth Michael (1)

Helen Paul

Comedianne Helen Paul‘s hair was a hot topic. The “Jara” star went with a very African look for the 2016 AMVCAs and she even added some colour to it.

4. Helen Paul

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi for Insigna Media | Chpphotography

42 Comments on The 6 Most Talked About Looks from the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards! #AMVCA2016
  • HahahA March 7, 2016 at 8:42 am

If BN truly wants to be honest, y’all would have called this the WORST looks for the night!
    I just can’t! Especially with Kehinde Bankole. Some tailors should just retire and stop deceiving themselves. I mean, warrahell?

• Cocolette March 7, 2016 at 1:17 pm

I don’t think it was the tailor’s fault. The tailor did a decent enough imitation but Kehinde’s body is NOT for that dress! NOT! Because Ngozi wears it does not mean Amaka must wear it too

• meeee March 7, 2016 at 8:48 am

I wonder wat Fade was thinking…lwkmd

• vidavi March 7, 2016 at 11:32 am

She wasn’t apparently. That outfit was made for someone with no boobs like Eku Edowor

• gossip March 7, 2016 at 8:49 am

The only place you see them is at gossip places
    I no dey dis level
    They have tried and fixed/bought what they can afford
    Put up your own let us see

• Amaka March 7, 2016 at 8:53 am

The most talked an out dress was that of Ini Edo. I wonder why BN left that out.

• keke driver March 7, 2016 at 8:55 am

OK, Good Morning y’all………….Dear .Mo’Cheddah even an “Obioma” would have done a better job.

• jummai March 7, 2016 at 8:57 am

Kehinde bankole”s look can be described thus: Aunty kudi can u help me sew dis style, she replies yes now dont worry i will sew it well for u……. its a disaster.

• Ezinne Osuagwu March 7, 2016 at 8:58 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA… OK that was for Kehinde Bankole’s outfit, like what designer worth his tape and scissors makes a dress that looks exactly like a dress by another designer? Where is our originality? I can’t eve blame Kehinde, I doubt she knew where he drew inspiration, but heck the dress is ill fitting; Look at the sleeves, look at the colour, its hideous. Whatever sinks their ship. Ibinabo went all Belinda Effa on us this year, issokay, there must be a Judas in every gathering. Helen paul’s hair ruined what could have been a nice outfit, I actually like Fade’s outfit, give us a break please, what’s so risque about it, someone had to show up half naked anyway and I think it was tastefully done. Lol, Ini Edo didn’t make this list? Lmao… Bella really? If you won’t talk about it, I will. I know she wanted to avoid being talked about this year (I still can’t get over her Lupita stunt last year) but to be fair, her outfit wasn’t so bad, it just didn’t fit so good. That’s all. Oh and yes, It would have made a better wedding dress. Don’t you just love fashion?

• Ewa March 7, 2016 at 9:00 am

Helen Paul fell my hand. Too much talking and was off point most times.

• Idomagirl March 8, 2016 at 1:46 am

As usual.

• NANA March 9, 2016 at 1:50 am

AMVCA shouldn’t use someone like Uti or Helen for the Red Carpet, they’re perfect for Jara, not the AMVCA. They over-do things at times, and can be annoyingly funny and unprofessional. Ozzy and Eku, tperfect. They should use Nick Mutuma and his Kenyan counterpart as they did last year for the red carpet next year, and Sika last year, and add someone like Boity from SA. So Ozzy, Eku, Nick and Kenyan counterpart, and maybe Boity. No offense but Uti and Helen were a hot mess. AMVCA (that’s if you guys see this, organizers, etc); please put that into consideration.

• molarah March 9, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I disagree. Uti and Helen bring their own flavour to a red-carpet event. Not every thing has to be “professional” (whatever that means – it’s a social event, please!). You probably wanted them to act like they were at the Oscars or some other western award show, but hey, we Africans have our own unique way of doing things and that shouldn’t be stifled because we want to do copy-copy.

• Igwe March 12, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Uti and Helen bring NO Flavor! Please, they shouldn’t use them next time. If you want to joke unnecessarily, not on AMVCAs. Plus they are always off-point. Organizers if you’re seeing this, please add the Kenyans to the list next year. Helen talked too much and in the process said so much bs; shame as I really like her. They don’t fit for the AMVCAs,

• NANA March 12, 2016 at 3:38 pm

molarah, please what nonsense are you saying? “copy copy”? Comprehension is a big problem for a lot of you. I said they talked too much and went off-point most times, particularly Helen. She was even lost sometimes. Denrele is someone I cannot stand, and although he’s quite bizarre, he did a BETTER job than both of them combined. Denrele talks too much but doesn’t go off-point and knows how to hold a conversation. Not Helen and Uti that ask ridiculous questions, try way too hard to be funny and end up getting on people’s nerves. If “copy copy” is what you drew from my comment then you truly lack comprehension skills. Uti and Helen are not a good fit for the AMVCA and it’s the fact.They’re exceptional at what they do on Jara, just not on the AMVCA. No one is talking about the Oscars, Copying, African Originality, or all the things you mentioned; quite irrelevant if you ask me. You can be funny and witty but you should know how to hold a conversation, you should be very articulate, and you should know when to bring it (crazy side) and when to relax.

• Ezinne Osuagwu March 7, 2016 at 9:00 am

LMFAO… I actually just noticed Kehinde Bankole’s “designer” wasn’t even named, buhahahahahaha… chai Nigeria

• Jena March 11, 2016 at 12:38 am

She is even too ashamed to put a picture of her dress on her Ig. She needs to ask for a refund from the obioma tailor.

• Tosin March 7, 2016 at 9:01 am

to the

• Mr. Egghead March 7, 2016 at 9:06 am

Fade Ogunro: Underboob – impressive as they seem to be standing without support

Kehinde Bankole: Aboveboob – those things are suffocating, they’ll need CPR when she gets home.

Elizabeth Michael: Sideboob – the reason why women will always be objectified.

*drops mic and drags gf into bedroom*

• RIFF RAFF March 7, 2016 at 2:06 pm

he he he he he . Interesting analysis here, eggy.

• Somtoo March 7, 2016 at 3:37 pm

this yeye egghead that is either shouting at his babe or dragging her lmao. Please this ya babe has suffered. it haff do

• beauty March 7, 2016 at 9:16 am

I like Fade’s outfit, Mo’cheddah’s trouser and shoe isn’t working for me, Ibinabo looks totally drab, Kehinde’s material is way too thick and the sleeves aren’t sitting properly, making it a bad imitation. The lady with the sheer material obviously went there to sell market and Helen Paul looked like the queen of Izaga kingdom in a Nigerian movie!!!

• debraOA March 7, 2016 at 9:24 am

Biko what’s Fade Nd Elizabeth wearing???? Elizabeth should have gone naked, hian!!!

Mo tried, her outfit is cool, very unique from d rest.

• Ej March 7, 2016 at 9:37 am

@gossip the money they use in buying this one’s dey cud have gone for simple n classy it’s all about choice

• Halima March 7, 2016 at 10:06 am

Uche jombo’s outfit was so offffffffffff!!! Kehinde Bankole is a copy copy. Her tailor is sick

• issy March 7, 2016 at 10:16 am

Bella u forgot to add Ini’s outfit say it d way it is

• Khole March 7, 2016 at 11:12 am

Bella Naija politicians I hail!!!! Are you Joking with this list? First you included Ini Edo on your best dressed list and now she is missen on this list? Ini had the most talked about look of the night! Go to her instagram page, the post has over 1000 comments which is the highest for any other person on the list…. So riddle me, how did u come about your list?

• bruno March 7, 2016 at 11:16 am

mo chedda my queen u disappointed me. what the hell is that. u are a fashion girl and fashion loves u so why the hell did u wear that sh!t.
    u have been having a lot of misses on the red carpet lately.what is the problem? to me, I feel its that guy u are dating.i dont like him. pls get ur fashion thunder back ASAP. I am losing patience with u. even ini edo gown looked more interesting than that mess u are wearing. (I cant believe I just compared mocheeda’s style to ini edo style, today is not a good day)

• prince March 7, 2016 at 11:24 am

For me o, I like Fade’s look, because if we see that same dress at the Oscars or Golden Globe we will applaud whoever wears it.
    Mocheddah, you look good.
    The worst dress here is not even Kehinde even though she really tried to copy but that’s not her ministry. AUNTY IBINABO, wetin you wear abeg. what’s jagbajantis is that, plus she come bend her leg like ashara, if I’m your husband, I could divorce you for this.
    The Lady from Tanzania looks great because what she’s wearing is more covered than some of the best dressed at the Oscars and I think we should stop this “THIS IS AFRICA’ phrase. we are no local people biko.

NB: where’s Bruno

• isaid!! March 7, 2016 at 11:37 am

If you ask me, i’d say Ibinabo is on point as well as all other artists/stars who wore African prints to the AMVCAs . Its an award show for Africans right.? No need to copy oyibo. Lets be original and dress in whatever makes us comfortable.

• Kandy March 7, 2016 at 11:42 am

See @isaid please go back to your village and don’t piss me off on a Monday morning.

• ….. March 7, 2016 at 12:12 pm

A must read… please read…
    Best review of fashion at the AMVCA
    I vote Daks ufere as the real Nigerian Joan rivers

• goldfinch March 7, 2016 at 1:06 pm

I think Fade Ogunro pulled off her look well.

• Juwana March 7, 2016 at 2:06 pm

There are people justifying Fade’s look. Really? It looks disgusting, its for someone with smaller boobs. And her legs looks super awkward within. Ini edoshould have made this list.
    The outfit was inappropriate and the tailoring wasnt that superb.

Best dressed was Osas.. Thats true fashion

• clara March 7, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Kehinde Bankole’s dress was the tackiest of the lot. The fabric is cheap and the cut is ill fitting.

• Ruby March 7, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Sometimes I think the folks at Bellanaija just want to have a big ole double barreled belly laugh! Or they just want to trend. Warris dis nah? Damilare must be behind this!

• Selfless March 8, 2016 at 4:05 am

I really like Fade’s outfit. Ain’t nothing wrong with it.

• I just started laughing March 8, 2016 at 10:01 am

When I saw Fade Ogunro’s outfit, I didn’t know when I said out loud “ki lon ta?”. Translation: what’s she selling? I think she knows her own agenda, ours is just to watch and comment . Daz all…

• Uber bella March 8, 2016 at 11:20 pm

I like Fade’s outfit. If it was a hollywood red carpet, people would have no problem with it. She pulled it off confidently.

• lol March 9, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Kehinde Bankole’s look is a clear case of ‘see what i ordered’ and ‘see what i received’. LMAO!!!