LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 08:  Actress Queen Latifah attends The 40th Annual People's Choice Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on January 8, 2014 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for The People's Choice Awards)

LOS ANGELES, CA – JANUARY 08: Actress Queen Latifah attends The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on January 8, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for The People’s Choice Awards)

Awww…actress Queen Latifah is ready to have children.

The 45 year entertainer shared the news with E! Online and she also revealed that she’d be open to adoption.

She said “I’m little bit of a procrastinator; I had some things to deal with. I had to get a lot of partying out of my system early in life for about 40 years. You know what I’m saying. I’m good now. I think I’m ready. I can’t say what God has for me, but you will see. You’ll see when I’m lugging the baby on the hip that there is actually a youngin’ around here.Maybe I’ll adopt a child that’s not necessarily a baby. There are a lot of kids that need love out there. “I want to be there for somebody. I got to get all this stuff and give it to somebody.”

We can definitely see her embracing the role of a mom.

Recently supermodel Naomi Campbell also revealed that even though she is in her 40s, she will still very much love to have kids someday.

The maternal bug is going round!

9 Comments on “There are a lot of kids that need love out there” – Queen Latifah opens up about wanting to be a Mother
  • Chi March 10, 2016 at 9:31 pm

I really don’t it why you’re awwwwwwing her quest to adopt to be a mother. She chose to be a lesbian! Besides, what would she teach the child? Grow up and become a lesbian like me or whatever else you decide to become.

• Tee March 10, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Really! Aunty Lateefah! But you decided to choose the way that cannot give you a child,the way God ordained it from the beginning. I bow for political correctness o. Ohhh I forgot that their model is the god of this world and he’s doing a good Job on his followers.

• Pretty girl March 10, 2016 at 11:29 pm

I will like to adopt a child or two with the one God blesses me with I love babies alot

• Toby March 11, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Me too. After I have my own children my husband and I would love to adopt and give another child a better life. May God be our strength.

• CBJ March 11, 2016 at 9:22 am

Lateefah…Lateefah! wat eva u wish, bt don”t teach dose children ur bad habit n life style

• Toby March 11, 2016 at 11:00 am

Contrary to popular belief you DO NOT choose your sexuality. Also her ‘choosing’ to be a lesbian does not mean that those pressure children who are in need of a home do not get one. There is good in what she wants to do even if her sexuality is a problem to many.

• DayoI March 11, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Yes, she’s a lesbian, but there are plenty of women who experience infertility even without said lesbianism. She could have easily gone to get a sperm donor and had the baby herself, but maybe she also infertility issues. Think about that before you condemn her actions.
    Also, her being a lesbian doesn’t guarantee her prospective child will also have the same orientation. There are plenty of people who grew up with “in-the-closet” parents and are as straight as they come, and vice versa.

• Tee March 11, 2016 at 1:56 pm

@Toby did you just say that. Biko stop that iiissshhhh. So you mean when she was enjoying sausages abi kondo way back, she didn’t choose then too. Then, all of a sudden she just realised she shudnt be eating sausage and now decided to try waffles, abeg you need deliverance. Fortunately for you, there are plenty ori-oke in Naija, cos this kind prayer na do it alone.

• Toby March 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm

@Tee you cannot be the judge of Queen Latifah, who ever she was with in the past and who she is now shouldn’t be your problem at all. Bottom line is she is trying to do GOOD. Your main issue is that she is lesbian. That is her sin and she will face God. It’s not for you to say that I need deliverance.