Who is “Fat”? Uche Jombo Calls Out Fans for Cyber Bullying

Uche Jombo-Rodriguez_February 2016Uche Jombo-Rodriguez has called out people for saying she is fat. The super talented mother-of-1 said she is “working on her weight”, and shouldn’t be made to feel bad for it.

She posted this with the photo above,

I usually won’t do this but it’s kind of getting tiring with the ‘you are FAT’ comments here please I have mirrors in my house, I came from this place in this picture after Matthew was born from 243 pounds to 198 pounds, not anywhere near where I want to be but still working on my weight like most women so if you are one of those that only get into the comments section to write how ‘FAT’ I am …?

Please do yourself the favour of unfollowing this page NOW. You can always take your comments to the blogs that way we are both happy. #zerotoleranceforstupidity

Photo Credit: instagram.com/UcheJombo

41 Comments on Who is “Fat”? Uche Jombo Calls Out Fans for Cyber Bullying
  • Spunky March 6, 2016 at 9:59 pm

I laughed really hard!! Seriously, I think she’s kul the way she is. This your pix na fire sha…

• Mz_Danielz March 6, 2016 at 10:06 pm

Celebrities are people too is a movement that should start trending abeg. The way we dis then and give ourselves permission to form unnecessary opinions about them is appaling

• Jay March 6, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Is she sure she is addressing the fat or showing us how big and round her but is? The picture is distracting us from the topic at hand.

• Naomi March 6, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Toyin Aimakhu shut it down when she did the troll Post of Amoeba!!! lol

• sweet breeze March 6, 2016 at 10:16 pm

What’s dis?? Bellanaija, haven’t you heard of the tragic car crash involving the Ocholi’s??

• PD Young Billionaire March 6, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Uche should have ignored the comments.By replying,she is creating more awareness about her “fatness”.

• Ngozi Tina March 6, 2016 at 10:59 pm

Why will she ignored the comments?
      Is she not a human being?
      In fact I really appreciate the fact that she addressed this cos some people derive excitment in making derogatory remarks against others.

• Magui March 7, 2016 at 11:42 am

My dear i asked this same question, and here is the answer someone gave me :
        “People do, and it is our job to comment, so they just have to deal with.”
        I was so disappointed, first because the person who said it is a goid friend of mine, second because i believe her answer does not reflect academic and knowledge exposure… But well. What do i know

• Mannie March 6, 2016 at 10:21 pm

I’m sorry I’m 14 I’ve never gotten the hang of Internet bullying. I mean it’s the internet you can SWITCH IT OFF. Why do you give these trolls life. If you blank them they’ll wither away and die. IM IN HIGH SCHOOL I DEAL WITH FLESH AND BLOOD BULLIES EVERYDAY. AUNTIE you need to stop whinging about your shadow trolls.

• Nnenna March 6, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Sister, you are 14… Have a little respect nne. the fact that you deal with “flesh and blood bullies” doesn’t make internet bullying less serious my dear. I was bullied in school and I know your pain maybe one day you’ll get the “hang” of internet bullying. Especially when its about a person’s weight, more if she just had a child. But more grace to deal with your flesh and blood bullies dear.

• osa March 7, 2016 at 1:56 am

14 year old person for inside this blog? . Na to no dey comment again o. Even my subordinates fit ‘born’ a 14 year old. Lol.#

• Kanayo March 7, 2016 at 6:46 am

Switch it off. Wow great advice from a kid. And for all you mumus of forty ten. You all need to start respecting your old assess and stop disgracing yourselves on the social media. Yes your children access this blog site it not encrypted. A child telling an adult to ignore shadow people and to deal with real life tinz. Mannie you must have great up bringing. Your comment shows your strenght in character. You might be new to this blog Nnenna is a regular agbaya, ignore her. Imagine an adult telling a child one day you’ll grow up to understand Internet bullying hian!!!!!!!!. It’s often children who are victims!!!!!!. For a child in this generation to say ignore it is very commendable!!!!!!. Uche take advise oh!!!. Mannie keep it up. We need more young people growing up with the right mind set kudos?. Respect is earned people.

• Oge March 7, 2016 at 8:17 am

You just had to insult yourself. smh. You can respect another person’s opinion sir/ma’am. Iti akwu

• Kmt March 7, 2016 at 7:25 am

Psalm 8:2 From the mouth of babes and sucklings has thou established strength because of your adversaries that you might silence the enemy and the avenger. #SWITCH IT OFF. is about right. The power is in your hands Madam Jumbo. Well said Mannie.

• Smh March 7, 2016 at 9:11 am

Imagine the cheek. You are telling her to switch off her computer? But can’t address the fact that she is entitled to post whatever she likes without being insulted. Who cares if you face bullies everyday…tell that to your diary. Why should people log off because of ethugs? Cyber bullying is a serious issue that kills numerous people annually. How dare you turn this into a competition about who gets bullied more. Nigerians you will not kill me…we babe reached the stage of even comparing which type of bullying is worse? Really? And there are grown ass women supporting this child’s theory???? Lmao give me a bloody break

• fola March 7, 2016 at 10:48 am

Ma in my school we have a #tag campaign called switch it off. It is to deter people from victimisation on internet. Last year alone 4 kids took their own lives due to Internet bullying. Our campaign works because it reminds people they have the power to stop it. You can ignore, block or switch it off. Waka pass you don’t have to dance to the beat of a mad man’s drum. If you do you might dance your way down a cliff .have a nice day ma.

• KMT March 7, 2016 at 2:57 pm

She’s got the right to post whatever she likes abi. So does every troll else. Troll is entitled too. You can put a stop to it and not feed it or make it a relentless game of trading insults and dont complain. Who got time for that? . Well obviously grown ass adults who should know better than to spend half their time looking for validation from Internet ghost KMT. No imaging any cheek, If you keep offering your cheek you’ll get slaps on all of them and from kids too. KMT.

• bluebell March 7, 2016 at 9:15 am

You’ve said it all. Uche you should be visiting schools giving advice to children on how not to give Internet trolls power over ones life. Instead the pickin is coming out of school to educate you. Mtchewwww

• jhennique March 7, 2016 at 9:45 am

mannie dont you have homework to do or something???
      I think people shud start stating ages before commenting on this blog. No Wonder at some of the comments here. You never know you are talking to 14 year olds

• Sunshine March 6, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Nigerians can be sooo rude. I personally go through this………. Iv gone up a dress size since I had my baby, which is just a Uk size 14 from a 12. Been trying to loose d weight but it’s not easy doing a 9-5 den taking care of a child. Joined a gym,but had to stop going bcos my body was about to break down from d stress of work, gym,traffic, cooking, child care.
    I get the “ur so fat” now. “Ur now an Orobo” from aunties, friends, colleagues etc It’s gotten annoying.
    I’m trying my best, constantly on one diet or d oda, not everybody snaps back immediately and not everyone must be skinny.

• LL March 7, 2016 at 9:50 am

Take your time. Slowly build a routine and good/healthy diet that you can sustain even after your child-bearing years. Learn to enjoy your baby and your whole family without the shadow of your size(which is an average size) looming over you. It’s hard but try. Always remember to tell God you’re grateful for your life and tell Him to help you get a good and healthy weight for yourself. For the “weightwatchers” as I call them; ignore them and if this is any consolation, bear in mind that many of them are carrying burdens that can’t be shed like weight can. God bless

• nene March 6, 2016 at 10:53 pm

uche jumbo rodriguez u are too old for this rubbish!

• Missy J March 6, 2016 at 10:58 pm

You see!.. Bellanaija and ndi activists are the cause. They make ‘fat’ seem bad when in every sense its just an adjective. Tall, Short, Thin, Fat. etc.
    When someone calls you fat you frown but when they call you slim you’re flattered.

• Corolla March 6, 2016 at 11:15 pm

When a person is called fat, they are mostly being ridiculed. Don’t be dumb.

• Johnny March 6, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Uche Jumbo I never realized that you had ALL this going for you.. GADDAMN… I wish I could king David Rodriguez… Anyway.. when you are ready.. you will be inducted to my #nopulloutgang hall of fame….

• jide March 7, 2016 at 12:03 am

Uche next time ignore jare. Not that serious.

• Tobby March 7, 2016 at 4:12 am

There’s something they call silence
    You must not reply to every thing that is been said to you. You post pictures, people will definitely talk either good or bad. Suck it up. Thick skin that’s what you should develop. Even Jesus ignored side talks and bullies.

• Tosin March 7, 2016 at 6:06 am

from ini edo to uche jombo, #zerotoleranceforstupidity is the koko.

• mee March 7, 2016 at 6:24 am

All of you saying ignore,ignore,as if they will even ignore if they find themselved in the celeb’s shoes…abeg make me hear word.celebs are also humans,okay.even when you are ridiculed by your friends,colleagues,most of you don’t let it pass,you even go into verbal fights with your colleagues,but you know how to criticize people with the faceless courage SM has given you..

• tobi March 7, 2016 at 7:05 am

There was a time when African man had thick skin like elephant hide. Words just bounce off. And then my people embrace the social media culture and all of a sudden peeps begining form ajebutter with emosh;,touchy feelings. If they call you fat call them panla. You are not creating any awareness my dear. You are drawing u necessary attention to yourself and encouraging victimisation of you self. I didn’t even know bout your post pregnancy weight gain till you drew attention to it. As far as I am concerned it’s absolutely normal for a womans body to go through changes especially during pregnancy and after. God knows you too are old enough to realise that fact too. Why don’t you enjoy your baby and husband, the real love of people around you instead of seeking help of digital haters to stay media relevant. Mtchewwww.

• Marie Scarlett March 7, 2016 at 8:18 am

I’ve been bullied about my weight ever since I was a child, I had to endure horrid names like orobo Pepsi, family circle, biggie etc. I remember dreading to go to the houses of certain family members that were always teasing me, my aunt once called me a sumo wrestler??, although all that weight has evolved into a delicious thickness I stick try to eat right and do a little exercise for my health, so I can understand how Uche feels..

• Precy March 7, 2016 at 8:37 am

People that can not take being asked a question like are you mad? Telling another person, a woman who just had a baby to ignore. Everybody cannot be agbani. Stop flaunting your stupidity.

• Princess P March 7, 2016 at 11:04 am

She’s hot the way she is….stop the bullying

• Segi March 7, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I get the whole PC and sensitivity issue, but let’s be honest, if you put yourself out there in public eye be rather for the scrutiny. The good and oh not so good comments. When fans give celebrities compliments, never has one issued a thank you epistle, but one bad critic and they turn to philosophers. Learn to take critics, build character from it and like someone advise do not give the negative criticism power over you. Keep it moving!

• joaquin March 7, 2016 at 1:37 pm

#SWITCH IT OFF. Love it!

• Truth be told March 7, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Two quick things

1. Is she not fat truly? She is in relative terms
    2. Is being fat bad or a sin? No. We are born differently with different genes,traits….

So why disturb yourself if they call you fat?
    I am slim, ehn? and so what?
    I am fat. ehn? and so what?

Who says being slim or fat is the right thing/most appropriate stature to possess?

Jobless people criticizing people upandan

• Soraya March 7, 2016 at 6:43 pm

Uche should not worry what the bullies think of her weight but that said 243kg is a lot to put on though!

• Nwanma March 7, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Yes Uche,i support you in this campaign against cyper bullies!
    Social media including this platform has given every tom and harry the privilledge of making irelevant and negative criticisms. There are constructive ways of addressing people’s weight such as ”you could/should lose some pounds”,instead of spiting out ‘fat’. Eku Edewor was called skinny and told to eat some food. Did Eku complain of starvation?
    Has it ever occurred to them that some people are built to be skinny and plump despite nutrition and exercise? It’s high time women respect and embrace the variety of body figures and shapes.
    In the same vein,the negativity,bitterness and personal attacks on this platform is unpresidented! If you have to criticize others let it be constructive and tasteful! Damn the bullies.

• Nwanma March 7, 2016 at 9:23 pm

• Passingby March 8, 2016 at 3:45 am

People gonna talk, you either going to be too fat, skinny, ugly, dress like crap etc. It’s call freedom of speech we all benefit from it. You will never satisfy everyone. your weight is a personal issue. If your doctor asks you to loose weight for health reasons then you act on that. why you feel you should explain your self to faceless internet trolls is beyond me. saying you want people to stop being rude on the Internet is like wishing dollars to fall from the sky. It ain’t gonna happen. They know they are being rude and love the attention they get as a result. The best way to deal with internet troll , as already pointed out , is to starve it. Ignore, block, unfriendly, unfollow. You do not have a conversation with them explaining yourself. That’s like adding fuel to fire. Some times the Internet can be like an addiction. Why don’t you find other ways to keep your fingers happy like writing a novel, reading a good novel,knitting, learning a musical instrument. You can even start a blog and filter the comments to your satisfaction. There are a few other suggestions on how to deal with cyber bullying on the Internet. Please google cyber bullying.