News

WEDDINGS – Super Eagle Yakubu Aiyegbeni + Nomoreloss & Phoenix Child

BellaNaija.com

Hi Y’all,

How is your week going? My week has been soooo busy. I have so much to do! Who is attending the ThisDay ‘Africa Rising’ Festival in Lagos on Sunday? Lemme know.
Anyways, check out some wedding photos below.
Its from the weddings of Super Eagles/Everton striker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni to his girlfriend and then Musician, Nomoreloss’ wedding to his girlfriend, Rhythm 93.7 radio DJ, Phoenix Child.
___________________________________
Yakubu & Yvonne

Super Eagles and Everton striker, Yakubu Aiyegbeni married Yvonne Lameen Ikhana last week.
“When I wake up everyday, I look at her face and she makes me happy. I go for training and play my matches with happiness in my heart. That is the motivation that makes me perform well. She often tells me: ‘Just go there and play well and score for me.’ That gives me more confidence and belief in myself,” Yakubu said after the marriage ceremony. Eagles’ striker and Yakubu’s team-mate at Everton, Victor Anichebe, was the Best Man at the historic wedding ceremony that Captain Nwankwo Kanu and his wife, Amarachi also attended.
Kanu praised Yakubu’s decision to ‘settle down’ and urged the couple to show love and commitment to their marriage vows.
Retired skipper of the Eagles, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha took time out to felicitate with Yakubu and Yvonne.
“It’s good that Yakubu is married now. I wish him and his wife a happy married life,” Okocha said.

_______________________________
Nomoreloss & Phoenix Child

Congrats to the Nomoreloss (Muyiwa Osinuga) and Phoenix Child (Adeola Ogunrinola).

All the best to both couples.

Ciao!!!!! Oh its my darlin, Molly’s birthday today! Happy Birthday luv!

1. Kpakpando

July 8, 2008 at 6:49 pm

Aww they look so happy 🙂

2. Miss Moss

July 8, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Pink wedding dress? now thats unusual!

3. dScR?Be

July 8, 2008 at 7:08 pm

I’m 3rd 2day sha…

4. Anonymous

July 8, 2008 at 7:38 pm

wow. . . .I’m fourth, I’ll like to thank ma mummy and daddy for the inspiration.

On the real, everywhere I look now, there are wedding pictures and websites *wow*. . . . Love is Sweet o

5. Anonymous

July 8, 2008 at 8:25 pm

Kudos to their love! Their fashion choices… not so much!

6. Anonymous

July 8, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Love is definitely in the air in naij!!! i dunno about the pink wedding gown though…

7. yankeenaijachick

July 8, 2008 at 9:21 pm

What’s up with the pink dress…very odd.

Aww, loving the tall cake. Thanks Bella for the post.

8. Tunji Sarumi Photography

July 8, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Nice pink dress….

Yakubu’s wife gown is beautiful

9. BrownSugar

July 8, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Congratulations to the new couples. Conjugal bliss!

10. Nigerican

July 8, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Did she wear a pink wedding dress in 9ja…Yippie! There is hope for my friend , whose mother-in-law asked her to take her “off-white kinda gold” dress back for something very white.

Congrats to the happy couples :).

11. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 3:34 am

First time of me see-ing gele tied on someone’s head with the bang left out in front. It just doesn’t look right. She shouldn’t have left it out. Also wasn’t feeling the pink wedding dress. I guess she wants to be different from everyone else. But sometimes being over creative doesn’t work out . . . .

12. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 4:57 am

whats with kanu’s wife … looking so different from the last i saw of her . I hope she’s ok
    wendu

13. NigerianDramaQueen

July 9, 2008 at 5:06 am

Loving the pink wedding dress. When I was younger, I use to watch Coming to America all the time and cuz Lisa had that Pink Wedding dress, I vowed I would have a one too!lol

14. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 10:59 am

I reserve my comments, but hope they got professional pictures taken.

15. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Nice couples.

BTW,
    Bella I am going to be in Nigeria for my brothers wedding next week and would also be attending the “Thisday event” on Sunday.

‘law.

16. AlooFar

July 9, 2008 at 2:44 pm

All the best to the love birds.

17. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 3:36 pm

nigerian weather…lol

18. Emilia

July 9, 2008 at 8:27 pm

I think its too exagerrated though they are preety but my motto is LESS IS MORE

AFRICA WITH STYLE

WHY DOES KANU LOOK ANGRY OR SAD

19. Anonymous

July 9, 2008 at 10:06 pm

doesn’t wearing pink for your wedding mean that u r pregnant or something?

20. Anonymous

July 10, 2008 at 9:38 am

wetin consine agbero wit overload.una too dey like drink medik55 for anoda man headdick.
    she liked the pink wedding dress enough to wear it on her big day.it really doesn’t matter whether anyone likes it or not

Sassycassie

21. Natures Gentle Touch

July 10, 2008 at 10:09 am

Happy Married Life to both couples!

22. Anonymous

July 10, 2008 at 2:08 pm

been trying my hardest not to comment on Kanu’s wife! but what is up with her? pls i hope it was just a bad angle.
    The pink wedding dress- i guess whatever rocks her boat

23. Anonymous

July 11, 2008 at 1:55 am

@beezyminx….
    err hun you DO know that because a woman is married to a footballer does not confer on her victoria beckham status right?
    na yam,please let us be trying to be chilling when we passing comments ehn…the comparison is too far fetched.
    nkechi looks nice but NOTHING compared to victoria in the styles stakes–i can pick TEN other random “society girls/women” AT THE DROP OF A DIME WHO WILL FLOOR HER(NKECHI)IN THE STYLES STAKES.

24. Anonymous

July 11, 2008 at 8:56 am

@anonymous 1.55am

*******cosign************

25. Bella Naija

July 11, 2008 at 2:36 pm

For me, both brides look beautiful! Phoenix expressed her individuality with a pink dress, it might not have been everyone’s pick but as long as she and her husband were happy with it. Tht’s what important. Besides, there have been stunning brides with effed marriages. I pray that God blesses both their marriages AMEN

Yeah as per the pics, not the usual quality that I strike for. Wish they had been professional pics but thought it was worth sharing.

26. Morountodun

July 15, 2008 at 12:02 am

Bella Naija delivers the goods as usual. Well done!

27. Anonymous

July 28, 2008 at 9:15 pm

I have nothing against phoenix but she looked a mess! People get married only once mayne.. Strive to look your best that’s all I have to say.. Bangs are very hard to pull off. That being said I wish them a happy and fruitful marriage.

28. Anonymous

July 31, 2008 at 12:11 pm

How long was yakubu dating yvonne before they married??

29. Pingback: 12 Months, 12 Dazzling Brides, Boundless Joy! | Bella Naija

30. honeygirl

January 15, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Yakubu’s wedding was okay. Nomorless, i wish the bride was as stunning as a bride shuld b on her wedding day.

31. Olofofo

February 6, 2009 at 7:29 am

Is Mrs Kanu Nwankwos eyes swollen, or is that just the way she look, …una see na poor girl, Amarachi wetin i tell you…big man, big trouble, now you no fit sleep, see as your eye swell up like Zik own, when he was in his last days, at least he some something through his years, …but u, u never see anything o, so open ya eye, na the beginning be this….enjoy the money o, before the swelling no make u see road again. Good luck!

32. amebo2

March 5, 2009 at 3:12 pm

God bless their unions…KANU…ENUFF already with the hair!

33. jaybee

September 24, 2009 at 9:09 am

the only issue i av is the bang left out in front of the gele,its somehow..aside dt everyfin’s fine with me.wish them all a happy married life

34. chichi

August 29, 2010 at 9:17 pm

kanu try to take care of your wife,she is not looking nice