Music

New Video: Omawumi’s Sexy & Stylish ‘In the Music’

BellaNaija.com

Ever since Idols West Africa, Omawumi has had a very special place in the hearts of the entire Bella Naija team. Her drive, attitude and pure talent is set to propel her to the position of Nigeria’s premier contemporary female musician. Since the days of Onyeka Onwenu, Esse Agesse & Christy Essien-Igbokwe, we have been eagerly anticipating the next big female superstar and many bets are on Omawumi. Check out the video for her new single – ‘In the Music’. It was directed by Clarence Peters and shot in LTV Studios, Ikeja, Lagos. We love it!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Eric from springleap

January 9, 2009 at 9:12 am

Amazing when I stumble across blogs in Africa. Way to go guys – keep up the blogging

2. Osa

January 9, 2009 at 11:58 am

Congrats Omawumi on pulling this of… your set for the top.
    Clarence Peters has done it again… Nice one Sir

3. Sister Confused

January 9, 2009 at 12:01 pm

I just love what this girl is doing. So authentic. What a star!

The video’s cool. They should’ve tightened up the choreography a bit more.

These unruly lot sha…lol. See promotion.

4. MiaJadore

January 9, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Nice!

5. yety

January 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhh I ABSOLUTELY LUV THIS SONG AND VIDEO…oga o….c concept!!! well done 2 Omawumi and her crew 4 giving us proper quality music and video 🙂

6. KIKE(ARDENT READER)

January 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm

OMOWUNMI WELDONE……………….PLS WHERE IS TIMI? WE A AWAITING 4 HIM…………THEY A BOTH GIFTED.

7. nony

January 9, 2009 at 1:47 pm

nice song…soundz so ‘south africanish’

8. Dee

January 9, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Nice, it does sound very ‘south africanish’- it’s a good thing though, it’ll expand her audience

9. Lams

January 9, 2009 at 4:31 pm

I can’t see where to here the song…please help me someone….

10. tatafo!

January 9, 2009 at 4:36 pm

ahn ahn! this is really nice, i like the unrulies bit at the end. W.A Idol really uncovered major talent, hope she waxes stronger and stronger.

11. uwy

January 9, 2009 at 5:39 pm

love the message of the music, the SA – sound is fine. seems like a song that will be talked about for a long time to come – generations. Well done!

12. sade

January 9, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Omawunmi lost to timi by hair’s breath, he doesnt deserve it, now this is the true winner, she is exceedingly gifted and talented, wish had voted for her instead of timi, who has allowed fame gotten into his head and cant still get his bearings. Those waiting for timi should keep waiting.

13. deo

January 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Omawumi’s vocals are flawless. Beautiful work! Ladies, let’s support our own! =)

14. lol

January 9, 2009 at 9:18 pm

i love her yellow ankara dress and shoes…me want

15. lol

January 9, 2009 at 9:19 pm

love her video!!really done in LTV studio..at least she no go south africa to shoot video!!nice

16. Mamasita

January 9, 2009 at 9:59 pm

Feeling That!!! Omawunmi nice tune.!! Got that SA sound going on there but WELLDONE steady vocals great sound!… Thats what i’m talkin about quality!

17. ka

January 9, 2009 at 10:15 pm

a bit of southafrican flavor, mjb, beyonce, diana ross..me like!

18. Qed

January 10, 2009 at 2:25 am

yeah the blue shoes……………

19. Dorah

January 10, 2009 at 2:51 am

Her outfit is popping. She should be featured in the “Look,” for real.

20. Ladi

January 10, 2009 at 5:51 am

I’m still in awe of these Unrulies…Can someone feature me in their video? Timi?????

21. tommie

January 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm

she’s a rili strong,was actually at d video shoot and was not ready stop, until d director says so………she is gd, n i op she mkes ril big

22. nneka

January 10, 2009 at 4:01 pm

warri!!!we no de ever carry last.omawumi was my classmate in secondary school.who the hell’s gonna say i ain’t proud of her?men i am o!!overproud sef.

23. sweetie

January 10, 2009 at 5:27 pm

nice song and video but it doesnt have that ” naija thing” about it, sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyy too south african for me.

24. eggo

January 10, 2009 at 6:27 pm

very nice vocals and intersting video

25. jo

January 11, 2009 at 1:20 am

i like! not ur typical naija music…i can hear the SA influence – all the same ,LOVE IT!!

26. BrownSugar

January 11, 2009 at 6:27 pm

Saw her performance on Moments with Mo a while back. Divalicious!

27. dami

January 13, 2009 at 4:31 pm

i totally agree with you…but still nice sha!

28. nene

January 15, 2009 at 8:46 pm

Yvonne chaka chaka definately reincarnated in this song….even the video has an 80’s feel to it!
    i like! am excited!!!! will definately be looking out for her…spotted some unrulies making an appearance…alright!
    09 commeth…

29. Chika Moses

January 17, 2009 at 9:10 am

Heck yes! That’s the vibe! It has that Brenda Fassie feel! Pretty cool vid too!

30. Pingback: New Video: Doing it for the Girls - Justina ‘Omo 2 Sexy’ | Bella Naija

31. Mrs H Lecter

February 11, 2009 at 4:16 am

I can’t believe I’d never heard of Omawumi till today, she’s really good! Girl has got a voice on her, for real. I admit I was a little skeptical when I saw that she was a talentshow ‘by-product’ but I’m glad I watched the video. Like everyone else said, I love the whole Brenda Fassie (RIP) feel. And this just goes to show that you don’t have to fly out of the motherland to make a good video, this was way better than all the poorly produced, overtly sexual kakk that our artistes have been delivering lately. Big up LTV Studios, stellar job Omawumi!

32. BridgetOti

February 17, 2009 at 2:15 am

OMG they are Great! I was a bit specticule
    but they are wonderful. i disagree with them sounding s. Africa.
    even if they do, who cares they Africa is Africa no one can tell
    other than Africans. plus its a song that transends all races or ethnic groups.

33. Jack, Switzerland

May 16, 2009 at 8:02 pm

A wonderful title – I love the song – it has everything it needs for a summer hit (especially in Europe) – I hope that you know the right people. But hasten you – the summer is near! Congratulations

34. jbaby

May 18, 2009 at 1:11 pm

is it me but this sound like some south african song, esp the beginning. love it though. I really like her and i really wanted her to win idols at the time, but anyhoo she’s still doin well.