News

Life Through Our Eyes Volume I

Life Through Our Eyes is our Movement.
Our special way of reaching out and seeing life through the eyes of our BN readers.
“Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man.” ~Edward Steichen
Everyday, different people witness the same situation, but take out different meanings…point of view, maybe.
Here’s an opportunity for you to share with us those wonderful scenes that have captured your attention.
Here is the Life Through Our Eyes Volume I.
Thanks to all who have given us a glimpse into life from their perspective
_________________________________________________________________________

Brotherly Love
Amarachukwu Igwe 2009

_________________________________________________________________________
Builder’s Shoes on Site, Ibadan
‘Kayode Adegbola

_________________________________________________________________________
Join the movement, simply take a picture, write a brief description and send to nobs @ mtnningeria . blackberry.com and bella @ bellanaija.com

1. Yinka

February 3, 2009 at 12:17 pm

from nepa 2 phcn……..very true!cos its still dark wish they cud take a cue from oshodi and change for the better!.nice posts guys !

2. Chidinma

February 3, 2009 at 12:43 pm

This is so cool.
    I’ve loads of pics to send.
    I’ve heard about the new Oshodi but have not been there.
    I love the two brothers
    Nepa Ko,Phcn ni……all na the same thing.

3. BellaNaija.com

Bella

February 3, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Yay! I love this. I’ve got a couple of photos from the daily grind of Lagos!!!! Cant wait for everyone’s submissions

4. George Enema

February 3, 2009 at 1:06 pm

PHCN! Its a patethic story!Niaja na wa!Oshodi thou Hath to change!

5. George Enema

February 3, 2009 at 1:10 pm

PHCN no Change!Oshodi there Change is GOOD!Naija needs change!

6. Zaine Aruggs

February 3, 2009 at 1:47 pm

is it just me or is Noble Igwe’s pic just blank?

7. tatafo!

February 3, 2009 at 2:27 pm

no light! lol

8. AlooFar

February 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Damn, Nobs! I thought it was my browser playing pranks on me. Then, I took a closer look. That’s a nice one. I wish this country were liberal enough… we could have this pix pasted on billboards (with witty copy lines) so people can reflect over it. It’s a nice one really. You know I can see a reflection of me through the pix… *cleaning my laptop screen*… what does it say about the Nigeria polity?

Oshodi: Wow, I thought it was all rumours. Good one. Perhaps we need 36 Fashys in this country 😉

Brotherly love: … more like where is mummy? 😉

Shoe on site: Lovely. Are those shoes decaying?

9. esosa

February 3, 2009 at 2:55 pm

this is an extremly cool initiative. The other day i was tempted to take some pictures of some policemen collecting bribe in the most annonying way ever,but then i wondered where i would send it to.IREPORT?well yeah but then i wnated some medium closer and thanks to Nobs we now have a place to express our selves in words and pictures.Nice one Nobs.

10. mamanino

February 3, 2009 at 4:04 pm

i saw it, yes Oshodi new look is a reality,more physical change not just words in paper or on t.v.cudos to fashola.Eko ni ba je o

n dem shoes on site, i tell u….its better won like that.hahahahah

11. plastiQ

February 3, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Brilliant project…..I should send in some ‘not werunthings’ pictures. My gawd, this is gonna be absolute fun

12. adeola

February 4, 2009 at 7:38 am

hahaha…is that Oshodi??…for real…omdayz, cant wait to see this our new 9ja ooo..Oshodi???..same same????…lol..we bless God..

so abt this nepa/phcn wareva thingey, i was talking to an aunt in Lagos and she was like..”oh they are very good now o, there’s light like 4-5hrs in one day..its good oo”….lol

13. Justin Ukaegbu

February 4, 2009 at 9:07 am

i like the direction of the article,
    if dats Oshodi, den Lagos is changing.
    i preferre bin stuck in the famous Ikorodu rd hold_up than take Oshodi even when its free.
    d direction of this article, with the picture representatn is cool.
    Life through our eyes.
    Oshodi finally changed in my time…

14. Qed

February 4, 2009 at 1:22 pm

cant wait to go back to naija….my next visit should be in 4mnths and the final move in 10mnths

15. Lamide

February 4, 2009 at 9:24 pm

Love the NEPA/PHCN (non)contrast, Noble. This is inspiring o, now lemme go look for something that will awe and inspire Naija :p

Seriously, tho: Great job, keep ’em coming!

16. ochuko

February 4, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Yeah.. the blackout pics speaks out.. lol

17. ronke

February 5, 2009 at 10:02 am

Im wondering if its safe to say i like the ‘Oshodi Before’ pix better than the After. I love the splash of colour and mystery of madness that goes with the former but the latter is quite drab,all i see is black and white!

And those builders shoes! absolutely loving it. makes u think whose feet wore those, where have those shoes taken him to, whats his journey, whats his story.

Great initiative and i sure wld be putting up smth soon 🙂

18. paponk

September 18, 2010 at 9:02 pm

This is just a nice job, wel,,,,,,done