News

My Style: Isabella

My Style has been up and running for a few weeks now…and aren’t we loving it or what?evening-look-2-297x6001

If you are, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical Day and Night Look with a short summary of your style to my mail box: [email protected]

When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be!

Thanks to those who have participated so far, keep the mails coming.  I’m hoping to get more readers participating…and some stylish men too!!!!

Lets remember that this feature is about appreciating an individulas expression through clothing!

Bellanaija reader Isabella style can’t be pin pointed at a specific look, it’s that of a wide range of varitey!!!

ISABELLA’S STYLE:

Fashion has been a part of me ever since I could remember. I wouldn’t describe my looks under a particular style but if I were to categorize them, it would be comfortable, edgy and unique.

My everyday looks resonate with my personality which is very versatile. I’m going to let my pictures speak for themselves about my different looks. Like they say pictures are worth more than 1000 words. For some looks I might add tips on how I put the look together and changes you might want to make to suit your own style.

HAIR AND MAKE-UP:

For my make-up I try to keep it simple: eye liner and mascara. For my hair in the summer I have it naturally straight.

hairstyles-600x3161make-up-look1

THE BOHEMIAN LOOK:

This day look has a mixture of bohemian and vintage with a modern twist portrayed in the ballerina shoes.

bohemian-look-385x6001

Dress: vintage store
Belt: second hand store
Ballerina shoes: Joe’s Clothing Store

THE SEMI-FORMAL LOOK:

Tip: You can replace purple with another colour. E.g. the heels can be grey as this matches the grey stripes on the shirt. Instead of the jean vest, you can have a plain black cardigan/vest.

semi-formal-day-look-600x4561

Black skinny pants: H&M
Checkered dress shirt: Gerry Weber clothing
Jean vest: Sirens
Scarf: Asian store
shoes: Aldo shoe store
Purse: Austrian store

THE SCHOOL LOOK:

school-look-600x5121

Skinny pants: Forever 21
Leather Jacket: Zara clothing store
Scarf: Aldo accessories
Bag: Winners

THE PURSE AFFAIR LOOK:

Tip: The top gives you a variety of colours to work with. These looks show how you can use 3 different purses for one outfit.

purse-affair-look-600x3161

Skinny Jeans: Sirens
Top: Mixed Styles Clothing store
Shoes: Strata shoe store
Jewelry: Aldo accessories

THE RETRO LOOK:

Tip: There is a lot going on in the dress itself. Therefore you do not need any accessories, but if you had to carry a purse, I would suggest a tan or blue coloured clutch.

retro-look-406x6001

Dress: Vintage store
Shoes: Payless Shoe Store

THE MODERN AFRICAN LOOK:

Tip: There are two versions of this look. During the day you can carry the cream bag. For an evening look you can use the leopard clutch.

modern-african-look-600x5201

modern-african-with-clutch-450x6001

Top: Vintage store
Skinny Jeans: Sirens
Shoes: Aldo shoe store
Cream Purse: Aldo accessories
Leopard Clutch: Aldo accessories

THE EVENING LOOK:

Tip: This edgy evening look has several mini fashion tricks. From the intertwined black and green scarves to the zebra looking leggings and black jacket which can both be worn with or without the grey dress. The shoes, black zip-up pumps, one of my personal favourites completes this look.

evening-look-600x4741

Dress: Costa Blanca
Jacket:H&M
Black scarf: H&M
Green scarf: Asian store
Leggings: Forever 21
Shoes: Aldo shoe store

THE ARABIAN LOOK:

Tip: This is an alternative to wearing a hat protecting you from the cold or wind.

arabian-look-part-1-600x5731

night-out-look-236x6001

High-Waisted Skirt: Sirens
Corset: Costa Blanca
Shoes: Strata shoe store
Clutch: Xcetera

THE SUMMER 09 LOOK:

Tip: The scarf can be either worn on your neck or as a bracelet. Summer 09 is all about bright colours and mixing them together. E.g. pink and green, red and orange, blue and purple

summer-09-look-550x6001

Dress: Costa Blanca
Scarf: Urban Outfitters
Gladiators: Winners

THE SUMMER 09 LOOK-PART 2:

summer-09-look-number-2-600x5401

Dress: Costa Blanca
Clutch: Aldo accessories
Gladiators: Spring Shoe Store
Jewelry: Sirens

THE PROM DRESS LOOK:

the-prom-look-445x6001

Dress: BCBG

THE VINTAGE LOOK:
Tip: This dress can be worn with or without stockings. You can also replace the stockings to jeans, and make is a day look.

vintage-look-492x6001

Dress: Vintage store
Leggings: Forever 21
Shoes: Aldo Shoe store

Finally…
This picture sums up the other items that make “my style” complete

my-life-in-one-picture-600x2881

Isabella
xoxo

1. tonpe

March 15, 2009 at 2:10 pm

where r the pictures??

2. Dame

March 15, 2009 at 4:02 pm

She has got style. Very nice

3. Kpakpando

March 15, 2009 at 4:37 pm

This girl knows what works for her and is working her best features,she’s following trends but doesn’t look like a fashion victim. She’s representing her Sudanese people well well. Those long legs are making me jealous 🙁

4. istidele

March 15, 2009 at 5:01 pm

ok, im getting those louis scarves today.

5. Bix Girl

March 15, 2009 at 5:03 pm

she workin it, i cant even h8!

6. Cynthia A

March 15, 2009 at 5:56 pm

Totally loving your style gurl…definitely unique and edgy! Keep it up!

7. Elle Woods

March 15, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Love her style…pls what is sirens? i need to know where these stores are.

8. Ade

March 15, 2009 at 8:09 pm

great trendy, yet unique style – good job!A

9. Qed

March 15, 2009 at 10:46 pm

rep Aldo & HM with love

10. Milo

March 15, 2009 at 11:07 pm

best ive seen on here…
    fabulous….

11. Milo

March 15, 2009 at 11:08 pm

and im jealous of her skin tone…some of us need to literally sleep in the sun to get anywhere near brown..shewww….inches and inches of smooth dark skin…i loves it…

12. Dorah

March 16, 2009 at 1:25 am

She’s super duper pretty! Great hair and skin!

13. Paris

March 16, 2009 at 1:59 am

love love love ur style!

14. Ginger

March 16, 2009 at 2:19 am

Very Elegant!!! I have an affair with bags and scarfs as well 😉

luv luv luv

15. miah

March 16, 2009 at 4:43 am

sirens is a canadian clothing store…

love the scarves and the bcbg dress!

16. Ladi

March 16, 2009 at 5:52 am

The most fabulous thus far….. I have to rip off her style.

17. jo

March 16, 2009 at 7:37 am

banging hott!! about time ….

18. Ifeoma

March 16, 2009 at 10:40 am

right! I think every one is seeing something entirely different to what i am seeing! You call this stylish, trendy,UNIQUE?? WOW! I wasnt going to say anything but i couldn’t hold back any longer.

19. Joicee

March 16, 2009 at 1:16 pm

She sure knows how to accessorise…loving the scarves and the bags

20. lulu

March 16, 2009 at 3:41 pm

very lovely looking person! like that her style really cant really be placed in any one box and i think that applies to a lot of people…not conventionally beautiful but she’s working that ‘alek wek’ look…one of the best ‘my styles’ so far

21. adaku

March 16, 2009 at 4:16 pm

Is it stalkerish if I add her on fb just to see more of her style?? lol… Definately the best “my style” yet!! Work it girl 🙂

22. Anya

March 16, 2009 at 4:33 pm

Wow…yes, I have to agree that she has definitely been the best ‘My Style’ so far. She has the right amount of style, class & pizzazz (sp?) to rock any look. Her hair is always on point too, and I’m definitely feeling those vintage dresses.

23. mary

March 16, 2009 at 7:01 pm

when I looked at these pictures I said lovely but I beg to differ from you lots it has not being the best so far!!! each person on this page has told us about their style which made each unique nothing spectucular really just her style!

24. Femo

March 16, 2009 at 10:50 pm

this proves that its not where you shop but how you put it together. winners, H&M, sirens, urban our…these are all regular fast fashion stores that anybody can afford to shop at. but its the way you put it all together that makes it POP. money can by you clothes but it can’t buy you style. but you have tons of style and you seem to be having fun with it. great stuff.

25. dam12

March 16, 2009 at 11:04 pm

definately has style, i think her vintage dresses are her strongest point, really nice…but she has to be a little conscious of her skin tone and some colors she wears e.g. pink,lime green not a good fit, and some of her outfits need to be age appropriate, looking a little japanese school girlish….all in all, she’s got style…

26. Elpee

March 17, 2009 at 3:35 am

Shoot you are wearing stockings like this and you live in Canada!!!! Wow i havent even dream of that its too cold… Nywayzz yes true to talk i like ur clothes and vintage stores?? id like to see me some? none that i know of here in london, ontario. Best so far, hope to see better also.

27. Kpakpando

March 17, 2009 at 10:39 am

LAWL! It’s a lirru stalkerish

28. adaku

March 17, 2009 at 5:11 pm

darnit!! oh well…lol

29. Nma

March 17, 2009 at 6:45 pm

i’m surprised to see alot of pple saying her style is “the best ” so far. Her style doesn’t seem so drastically different from the other “My styles” y’all were tearing down. As a matter of fact, her style is quite similar to the last “my style” by judith Afonta. So don’t get why u lots r all of a sudden convinced. lol. drama.

N e whoz, i like the multi-colored vintage shirt dress and the african-inspired black/gold shirt.
    Love her complexion 2!

30. Nma

March 17, 2009 at 6:48 pm

same here…personally, i wouldnt knock her down as not havng style, bcos style is relative. But i dont get why pple r all of a sudden hailing and hooting for her style, when it looks alot like the last chick’s “my style”….the same girl they were tearing down for “not having style”…beats me big time.lol

31. Hali

March 17, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Well, she does have a lot of scarves…

32. ync

March 18, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Wow…now this is my idea of style and a black beauty….U go girlfriend…bring it on Bella. I loved this one so much.

33. ync

March 18, 2009 at 3:27 pm

I love, love love love…my definition of style, class and a black beauty who knows how to combine colors together.

34. doowop

March 18, 2009 at 4:01 pm

its her style..but its not really all that(in my own eyes o)
    I think …she is too dark for some colors she rocked…pink and green??
    Also…she is matching purple scarf,with purple bag n shoes.???like seriously!!!!
    while, everyone is entitled to their opinion i really dont see what is great about her style…there have been better bella naija My style!

35. Bola

March 18, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I agree with u that we’re all entitled to our opinions about whats hot or not.
    But I’ve got to disagree with you on your point that shes too dark to rock pink or green. The beauty of dark skin, is that you can rock any colour without worrying bout how it matches ur complexion.
    Pink, Yellow, Green, White, watever coulour flies men!

36. Nma

March 18, 2009 at 6:45 pm

same thing i am saying…her style is simple (still “her style” ofcourse)…but what beats me the most is that its the same pple tearing down other “my styles” as being “non-stylish and blah” r the ones hailing and proclaiming her style the best. Meanwhile, her style is quite similar to the last my style, and while they r saying her style is the most unique one….the second my style feature was the most independent and unique one.

37. bob-ij

March 18, 2009 at 8:00 pm

Nice! Not too risky but fashionable…especially for the winter!

38. Bola

March 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

yelz o, none of the mystyles so far have been exciting (my perspective), but its their style!

39. Chocolat

March 19, 2009 at 2:54 am

Best i have seen so far. Tres chic……

Not for everyone…..But Cute!
    Luvs it. Work it then.

40. tatafo!

March 19, 2009 at 3:34 am

I think it’s how she “works” it in relation to the others that got everyone.

41. hey

March 20, 2009 at 2:14 am

42. OMOTOPE

March 20, 2009 at 3:25 am

Nice!!! but your dressing is tooooooooooo PREDICTABLE and REPETITIVE, which kinda makes it boring after a while, since your style is always ‘Scarves, Bags and Heels’ plus some colors

43. K-Boy..Finland

March 20, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I think this is just a regular lady dressing…there is no uniqueness in these dressings…u have the physique but try and have something that makes u different

44. FEMO

March 21, 2009 at 11:44 pm

i disagree with you on the colors being too bright for her. i am curious what your color theory is because dark skinned people usually good in bright saturated colors. i am confused. what colors do you think she should wear? blacks and greys?

45. Lola (nyc)

March 24, 2009 at 4:08 am

I absolutely love your style. Fabulous 🙂

46. Lola (nyc)

March 24, 2009 at 4:10 am

I absolutely love your style.

47. YNC

March 24, 2009 at 3:01 pm

@Kboy

What do you know about females clothing that you say its regular female clothing? I guess its ur opinion. I love ur style Ebony beauty, nice hair, great skin complexion…U ROCK… Bella waiting for more Style post…lol

48. YNC

March 24, 2009 at 3:03 pm

To those of u thinking her style is repetitive, don’t forget that in the winter, it makes sense to always have a scarve by oneself to protect the neck from harsh cold condition. I don’t think its repetitive, notice the colors of the scarves….I see it from her perspective…lovely style.

49. diva

March 26, 2009 at 5:32 am

nice outfit and perfect winter colour matching on the snow frame, but definitely not suitable for that weather condition as it invites hypothermia..oops

50. diva

March 26, 2009 at 5:34 am

i must add that i love her mature look and swag

51. Angela

March 29, 2009 at 4:56 pm

I love her style!

52. Tumi

April 14, 2009 at 2:39 pm

I think style is best when the person knows how to dress for their figure.

What you seem to characterize on are your skinny legs, and the socks look great!!

A lot of the stuff that’s trendy these days I was wearing the odd items, (like knee high socks) ages ago, but the key is how you team it, and how you pull it off.

To be honest, I didn’t know what I was doing when I was wearing those socks 10 years ago 😛

Anyways, back to the topic, fabulous outfits, definitely deserve to be up on BellaNaija 🙂

(LOVE THIS STYLE SECTION)

53. sese

May 5, 2009 at 2:47 pm

she got game man, love her style

54. chicky

May 6, 2009 at 11:50 am

She has class she carries her clothes well, i like her style

55. Lulu

May 26, 2009 at 10:41 pm

I really love.

56. chick

November 12, 2009 at 9:48 pm

luvvvvvvvvvvvv every look, this grl really knows how 2 dress herself

57. Toni

December 21, 2009 at 5:02 am

luv it, she looks like model alek wek ( i heart alek wek)….there’s something very je na sais quoi about her and her wardrobe… she’s got the staples of a stylish closet; a shirtdress, a bright colored cluth, patent purse, maxi dress, scarf, white jeans et al……. like it a lot.