News

“Preen, Pose and Action!!!” Makeover session by Banke Meshida Lawal for BM Pro

Ezinne Chinkata

Ever wondered what it feels like to have your very own makeover? To choose a picture from a magazine or TV and make it all yours? Well, Uber creative make-up artist, Banke Meshida-Lawal had an organized and interactive makeover session at her studio in Ikoyi recently. Armed with a photographer and a highly skilled team, Banke proceeded to create a fantastical adventure with her quick fingers and ever ready brush.

The area was awash with a hum of charged positive energy. Divas, frantically flipping through magazines and wildly gesticulating to Banke and her team of experts, flashlights popping blindly as the made over clients had their photographs taken by the in-house photographer of the day, Ade Plumptre. The outcome of the makeovers left me literally gobsmacked! Everyone looked stunning.

Here are some interesting looks I have chosen for you to mull over:

I like the fresh and natural tones, Banke employed for the above pictures. These looks can definitely go with any shade or style of clothes and can be worn at any time!

I like the deep berry shade of the lips. It automatically adds colour to the face and warms up the skin. I like the disco lashes! My over avid imagination teamed the lashes with a sharp fringe for a very nice party look!

Dare to explore your inner Goth goddess, like the lady above? I couldn’t help but notice the absence of a heavily blushed cheek. This creates a nice balance. Way to go BmPro!

I love all the shades of pink in these pictures. Very Pretty and very trendy, may be worth your while to try one of these colours soon, just to vary from your normal look. Obviously the intensity of the pink should vary with your skin tone.

The Coral red eye shadow compliments her skin tone and fuses nicely with the dress.

It was quite informative and interesting; I got coerced to get my very own makeover. I had absolutely no clue what look to channel! Banke decided on a look to go with my Quiff, well, here goes. She did quite a good job, If I may say so myself!

Credits: Make-up: Banke Meshida Lawal ([email protected]); Photography: Ade Plumptre; Pictures Directed by: Andy Ogbechi

1. D.O.T.M.H.

April 27, 2010 at 11:17 pm

wish I was there… oh well! nice!

2. brenda

April 28, 2010 at 12:12 am

love all the make up but pls omowunmi should replace those pearls and chain neclace of hers,we r tired of seein it,n lanre da silva should try out a different eyeshadow for a chage plsssss

3. pele

April 28, 2010 at 3:34 am

photoshop lomo

4. nietzsche

April 28, 2010 at 5:31 am

Oh you mean after photoshopping the faces out of these women. I beg jare.

5. honey

April 28, 2010 at 9:25 am

BANKE has done an excellent job with these women’s faces, accentuating their assets which is important with good make up…. u go girl!!

6. Ogo

April 28, 2010 at 9:41 am

Nice!!

7. Yinka

April 28, 2010 at 9:47 am

These pictures are airbrushed to death!!

8. reen

April 28, 2010 at 11:42 am

@ Brenda. I tire o. was kind enough to tell myself that maybe d various mags took shoots of her with those jewelries the same day but from this post, i now see that they are fast becoming her identity or trademark and not one of her colleczions.

9. Scentified

April 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Love the pics. How come there wasn’t a “before and after” photo theme?
    I agree with Brenda, Lanre needs to experiment more with her makeup.
    I think a nude look should go well with her skin tone.

Love Ezinne’s look. Good emphasis on the eyes.

10. Scentified

April 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Love the pics. How come there wasn’t a “before and after” photo theme?

I agree with Brenda, Lanre needs to experiment more with her makeup.
    I think a nude look should go well with her skin tone.

Love Ezinne’s look. Good emphasis on the eyes.

11. Nneka

April 28, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Apart from the first two pics and last, they are all pweety chubby o.my favs are pic 4 and pic 7.

Ok this new server rocks. I actually looked to make sure I pulled up the right website.lol. (You know I lo’ you Bels ;). Ok now the things I don’t like:

* While typing a comment, the comment sheet cuts off the tail end of one’s comment and there’s nothing to scroll with, so if you are typing on the right side you can’t see anything you’ve typed on the left end of the previous rows and viceversa.
    * I liked the list of the ‘recent comments’ that was along the right side of the articles. I actually read some articles just cos I saw an interesting comment there.
    * I think I’ve since come to terms with Bella’s subtle yet long-existing comment moderation moves. The only problem is some comments are going to look like a**-kissing ramblings to me. Not my thing.

All in all, big props on the speed. It breeds ‘real’ instant gratification for BN readers.

12. NGOzi

April 29, 2010 at 1:05 am

@ Brenda you are too funny omo mehn lol
    @Pele absolute lol
    @nietzsche han hannnn
    @Yinka my sentiments exactly
    @nneka feeling u on that one~~~~* I can’t reply or read replies to comments????? You have got to be kidding! That’s 1/2 the fun you know.

altogether ppl can hate for this site henh!
    its gives me jokes….

13. Nne

April 29, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Ezinne, I adore the lip color Banke used on you; what’s it called? Thanks.

14. gbekun

April 29, 2010 at 7:45 pm

OMG tell me about it yinka! if the make-up is really that wonderful why did they have to airbrush them? abeg mehn! and all these people they call good photographers, is it not photo shop dthat does all the goods. please abeg get real!

BTW, please change this setting now… we want to be able to reply to people’s comment.
    kudos to the faster loading speed tho. it used to be very annoying

15. Taiwo

April 30, 2010 at 5:30 pm

I luv all these ‘made-over’ faces.
    @BM PRO- I av always luved 2 learn more abt make-overs but av been scared
    away by d huge amount make-over artist always ask for.I even av most of them’s
    no but av not been allowed 2 speak wif dem one-on-one.Wat do u think i can do
    M a graduate & ‘ld soon finish my NYSC & av been thinking of so many things
    2 lay my hands on.I really need ur advise.Thanks

16. anon

May 2, 2010 at 3:07 am

Banke is the best when it comes to make up.

17. Oremi

May 11, 2010 at 11:28 pm

Ezinne from feddy owerri, lol. life.

18. Biblo

May 14, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Pic 7 is da best. Luv 4, 2 & 8 as well.

19. Makeupanon

May 17, 2010 at 12:43 am

Love the brights but the ‘makeovers’ in general look unnatural. Make up should be used to enhance in makeovers not to recreate people’s faces!

20. simon

June 13, 2010 at 3:17 pm

The pic is nice

21. doregos bussy

January 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Hi banke,I love ur makeover n I av a spot for it.if u dnt mind will. Love u to send mii ur personal mail addy n also like to make enquiries on ur makeup school.will be expecting ur reply