News

Life After Cancer: Young Survivor – Samira’s Story

BellaNaija.com

My Name is Samira Gomwalk, I am a Cancer survivor and this is my Story….

Diagnosis

It was a morning like any other. I was getting ready for school and a commercial came on the radio asking women to do the ‘breast cancer self examination test’. I had heard of the test but wasn’t exactly sure how to do it the right way, so I subconsciously followed the instructions coming from my radio. I noticed a lump in my right breast but if I am honest I didn’t panic all that much. I was just curious to find out what the lump was. I made an appointment with the doctor just as a precaution. So you can imagine my shock horror when my doctor actually told me I had cancer! I couldn’t help thinking it was all a big joke! I was only 24, I thought to myself, what the heck would happen to me at 65 if I could get cancer this early! This was how my battle with cancer began.

Not only did I have to battle the disease that had the potential to kill me but I also had to battle the negative treatment I received from friends. I lost so much weight during that period it was difficult to explain the situation to anyone. Even when I did go to great lengths to explain, it was obvious that my efforts were useless. For some reason, some of my friends believed I was using breast cancer as a smoke screen to cover up my real ailment- HIV! That was especially hurtful- I had expected most of my friends to be a source of comfort and not malicious gossip. I felt eyes burning into my skin each time I attended lectures. School wasn’t fun for me. It was like a prison I was forced to attend. I had this sad look most of the time and just wanted to leave for home as soon as I arrived.

But thank God for my loving family, their love, support and understanding really did keep me going. I also did have a few trusted friends who supported me with love, prayers and helped me realize that life was still worth living regardless. But despite all the support they showed me it was sometimes difficult for me to see how much pain they were going through because of my ailment. I remember when after one of my visits to the doctor, my mom drove me to pick my little sister from school. That was the day we told her I had cancer. She immediately burst into tears. I felt so sad I didn’t know what to do. All I could do was pray for God to heal me.

Treatment

Treatment for me began with chemotherapy which was given intravenously- it was awful…the weight loss, hair loss, depression! I hated the feeling of the drip trickling down which made me really sick. I could taste it in my mouth. I missed my once normal life because I was bedridden most of the time. At some point, I started seeing a psychiatrist. I thought I was running mad. Hearing the rumors from school that I was HIV positive really did kill me inside. I lost hope and gave up on life. I remember giving away my clothes because I had mentally given myself a private death sentence. I just kept thinking to myself that there was no way I would get out of my situation alive! I even lost touch with God at one point because I was angry with Him. I felt my sickness was unfair. I remember saying to Him once, Lord I don’t drink or smoke, how could you let this happen to me?’

After all these crazy thoughts finished floating in my head I started to see just how much love and support I was getting from my family. My step father was especially fantastic. I remember him telling me that he would do whatever it took to make sure I got the best treatment ever. I couldn’t let him down. I just couldn’t. I chose to fight for him and for the rest of my family. I became determined to fight and win the cancer battle not only for myself but for my family. Thankfully with God’s help and the love of my family, I was able to develop a positive outlook on life and my future. It gave me the courage to face the disease squarely always praying and thanking God for everything. I even took up playing tennis when ever I wasn’t in bed just so I could focus on other things. I remember back then I had lost my appetite and all I could eat was carrot, so everyone called me the carrot lady of the house. Now that I think back it does seem kind of funny. I am really thankful that God saw me through!

The next phase after chemotherapy was surgery. Initially my doctors suggested a mastectomy but I was fortunate enough to later on have a breast sparing mastectomy because of my age. The operation was done in South Africa. I remember those days in my hospital bed when I was really sick and it seemed like I was never going to leave there alive. One day I looked up to the heavens and I prayed to God that if He spared my life, I’d make sure I serve him and also start an initiative that would help other cancer sufferers. And God answered my prayers, because I recovered so fast and it was amazing. Even my doctors were surprised at how fast I recuperated.

After the surgery was radiotherapy. It wasn’t as painful as the forms of treatment I had already undergone. The only side effect I suffered was tiredness which compared with past treatments wasn’t bad at all.

Recovery: Is there life after cancer?

Yes, there is life after cancer. I am a survivor so I can say that. I received the ‘all clear’ sign from my doctor 9 months after my diagnosis. I was at the Montana hospital in Pretoria, South Africa. After a few x-rays and scans my doctor gave me the good news. I think it is impossible to explain the way I felt when he told me the good news, to say I was ecstatic was an understatement. One of the nurses even had tears in her eyes when she heard the news. She told me I was a lucky girl because she had lost her husband to breast cancer.

Although I’ve never really thought of a re-occurrence, even if the cancer does return, I won’t be deterred. I fought it once and believe I can fight it again. In my opinion one of the keys to beating cancer is possessing a strong and innate desire to live. The only way to do this is to think and live positively taking life one day at a time and at all times remembering that you can’t do it on your own, except you put God first.

This is the same advice I have for all cancer sufferers out there. Put God first in all that you do and He’ll surely see you through. Tough times will come but don’t give up because the devil only strikes back when you let him. Don’t ever let him win!

My promise to God

Life is too precious to be moping over spilled milk. Having had cancer has taught me to appreciate who I am and count myself to be one of the few lucky ones to still be alive. I view life from a totally different perspective now.

When I was lying on my hospital bed I made God a promise that if he spared me I would help other cancer sufferers. Today, I’m a strong advocate for breast cancer awareness and I teach people about how early detection can help save lives. A lot of people don’t know that the key to beating cancer lies in early detection, just like with me.

When I first discovered a lump in my breast, I went to the doctor thrice and was told it was nothing and that I shouldn’t worry. I persisted and my persistence paid because eventually they found out my tumor was malignant and was still at its earliest stages. I was lucky. If you feel something’s not right act fast! Your fast action might just save your life!

My battle with the disease initiated the birth of my baby ‘SAMIRA’ a Non Governmental Organisation which aims to create awareness on breast cancer because early detection is the key to surviving this disease. SAMIRA aims to source funds that would go a long way to help those affected by this disease through providing medication and financial assistance where needed. We also hope to have support groups for survivors and those living with the disease. We are already creating awareness with scheduled talks with youth groups around my vicinity and churches around.

During the Breast Cancer awareness month of October, SAMIRA organized a walk tagged the ‘SAMIRA Breast Cancer Awareness Walk’ in the city of Jos. It was a gathering with young people who came to help support this cause by walking the city of Jos with placards and our voices. It was awesome! This is just the beginning of many great things to happen. We are fighting breast cancer back. SAMIRA is an Arabic name meaning ‘something good’- what better way to give, even though the disease came to steal my joy but today ‘something good’ is coming out of it. I made it. You too can! Spread the word. Thank you Jesus!

1. Miss ATL

November 5, 2010 at 3:37 pm

You are AWESOME!

2. Peperempe

November 5, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Very poignant story, a friend of mine went through the same. Bella you have always done a fantastic job with this website, but I’m particularly loving the new sleuth of articles featuring random people with deep and interesting stories. Some fun interspersed with truth is always better …

3. anon

November 5, 2010 at 3:41 pm

wow, thank God 4 ur life coz he is definitely doing good things through you
    may u never know cancer again and may your stoy be a source of comfort and inspiration to many people out there

4. Hawt Nerd

November 5, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I am so the first to comment on this inspiring story. May the Lord keep you till you are all grey and old with age, amen. I tap into this story to speak healing into the lives of all those suffering cancers of all sorts. I just lost an uncle to Ca Prostate yesterday. So sad. Thank you for sharing, thank you.

5. fokasibe

November 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm

You are indeed a blessed woman….May the healing of God be permanent in your life. May I use you as a point of contact for others who have Cancer. I pray the Almighty will deliver them as He delivered you. God bless you.

6. Moigal

November 5, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Amazing story! thank you for sharing!!!

7. amaqqs

November 5, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Very beautiful and inspiring story… So glad u survived Samira. I know you have a long and purposeful life ahead of you

8. Kerrie

November 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Truly inspiring!Ignorance and apathy kills..be informed and do not procrastinate!

9. hadiza

November 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm

wow, Samira, truly inspirational,
    i am sure a lot of people will draw strength from your story.
    i stronly believe that everything in life has a purpose,
    imagine if you had not been listening the the radio or had not bothered to follow the instructions? your cancer had a purpose, i am glad you are fulfilling it

10. ForeverYoung

November 5, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Is there any one like Our GOD?….*smh* He never fails..NEVER!! Always tap into HIM. I thank God for your life Samira, u ain see nothin yet, this is just the beginning of many miracles to come.

11. Ibo Omoge

November 5, 2010 at 4:00 pm

Amazing story!…God is Awesome!

12. Bisqo

November 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Thank God for healing you. Continue to do a great job of spreading the awareness that this disease is real, but that it can be fought and treated through prayers, early detection and medical intervention. I wish you all the best in life. Thank you for sharing your story.

13. Kay

November 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Well done Samira. Thank God for healing you. You are an inspiration.

14. RMG

November 5, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Thank God for your life Samira. Glad you had the positive energy to scale through despite some misundrestood evil people. Breast cancer is bad enough,stigmatization is even worse……

15. wunmi

November 5, 2010 at 4:03 pm

very touching…thanks for sharing

16. Molicious

November 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Hi Samira,

Wow, that’s amazing, thank God for your life. I am 24 as well, still going through diagnosis – went for the ultrasound, now waiting to go for the biopsy but I’m preparing for the worst case scenerio. Send me an email([email protected] or [email protected]), I would love to chat with you and maybe find out more about your experiences and your organization. It’s great hearing your story, very reassuring. Look forward to hearing from you.

• Ready

November 5, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I wish you the very best of what you need during this trying times. I really hope it’s not worst case scenario as you’re expecting.

• tols

November 6, 2010 at 1:29 am

Hey Molicious!!! God is your strength and He is definitely there wth you through it all… Just try to keep focusing on Him…Its well.
      Thanks Samira sharing for sharing your beautiful story…you have no idea how many people you have encouraged…God bless you richly x

• fokasibe

November 8, 2010 at 10:55 am

Aww…bless…I pray you draw strenght from Samira’s experience and that God give you His grace to overcome this….Praying for you. Bless…

• jennietobbie

November 10, 2010 at 12:42 am

I pray for your healing healing healing and continue to pray. Do not hope for the worst….stay positive

17. Nina

November 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Samira, I want to say may God bless you. I applaud you for your strength to fight your illness and your commendable endeavors in regards to breast cancer activism. Your story touched me very deeply. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 years ago and unfortunately lost her battle a year later. To say the least, it was the most heartbreaking, discouraging, faith testing time in my life. However, reading about your persistence while facing such a devastating trial, you serve as an inspiring example that faith, family and friends, positivity, and long-suffering will help anyone with whatever battles they may face in life and that diagnosis is not an automatic death sentence.

18. eniola

November 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm

I am so happy for this lady…..I lost m grandmom to cancer on my birthday this year. It was such a painful experience for everyone because the cancer kept coming back, soi totally understand you having your life back. May the sickness never repeat itself and may you have your health back in full. I am very happy for you 🙂

19. bimpe

November 5, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Samira, I really thank God for you life. While reading your story I had to do the self breast examination. Honestly i dont have anything to say but to tell Nigerian women to do regular self breast examination, me inclusive.
    Thanks for sharingyour story.

20. Fly

November 5, 2010 at 4:47 pm

God is good!…that is all i can say…i will say it a million times over!

21. t-girl

November 5, 2010 at 4:56 pm

very inspiring story!

22. Shola Pacheco

November 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm

What an Inspiring Piece…Samira, God help You with Your campaign and hopefully someday Our selfish leaders will see reason to invest in more research programs.

Your are an inspiration…Keep Telling Your story!!! One person needs to be encouraged to continue the cycle of encouragement…

23. ego

November 5, 2010 at 6:54 pm

very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your story and very well done for starting SAMIRA. I hope your story and organisation gives others hope. Godbless!

24. God is faithful

November 5, 2010 at 6:55 pm

oh God! your story made me tear up. I am sitting at the hospital watching a love one battle for life and you put it just right. Even when the Doctors from one of the best hospitals has lost hope, God proves himself! He is unfailing no matter your circumstance once you invite him in. She opened her mouth today after weeks of being unresponsive and the 1st full sentence she said was “GOD IS WONDERFUL.” Your story is inspiring and i profess your healing permanent in Jesus Name, Amen! Jesus is a mighty God and all powers bow before him! i am a living witness.

25. Ybleu

November 5, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I pray that God continues to give you strength and excellent health. Thank you for sharing your story. We have to deal a lot with culturally when it comes to our health. I have had someone close to me diagnosed with BC and she opted not to have radiation therapy as a precautionary move after a lumpectomy. Thank God her health is good and we pray that it continues to be.

26. jess

November 5, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Oh wow, thanks for sharing your amazing story. Continue your work with raising awareness and you will be richly rewarded. Plus, I love your name!!!

27. dolamu

November 5, 2010 at 8:10 pm

GOD IS GREAT

28. chubby

November 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I pray for you Samira that your healing with be permanent IJN, Amen. Thank you for sharing your story, its so touching.

29. mary007

November 5, 2010 at 9:12 pm

God has healed you completely in Jesus name.

30. africanchikito no.1

November 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm

May affliction never arise a second time IJN(amen).It is well with us all.

31. Onyenku

November 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Omg!
    Samira Allah sarki!
    no wonder you cut your hair and asked me if you looked great with your shaved hair and yes you did look great!
    I am sorry i did not know you were going through that.
    will call you soon.
    God bless you babe.

32. kk

November 5, 2010 at 10:02 pm

May God bless your step father.
    His light will never fade.

33. BUNSKY

November 5, 2010 at 10:05 pm

God bless u… and the cancer wouldn’t return…AMEN

34. kk

November 5, 2010 at 10:06 pm

If only one woman becomes aware and discovers a lump due to this article, Bella and Samira would have saved a life.
    It is that simple but powerful.
    My mother went through the same affliction years ago and it a route i would never wish it on my worst enemy. Like Samira, God was faithful and merciful.

35. F

November 5, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Thank you for your story and thank God for your life!

36. Virtually

November 5, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Wow…Glad that you are doing okay now.It must not have been easy to go through that.

To think that you couldnt get treatment in Nigeria and had to fly out to another African country…That tells a lot about the health system in Naija..God help us

• CLWCF

November 6, 2010 at 2:05 am

Good thing people are now becoming aware that we are so deficient in cancer treatment in Nigeria, not because we don’t have the manpower but because we don’t have the facilities. Our Government need to do more in this regards. The amount of money spent sending out our people to other countries will do well to get the equipments here and establish a good facility.

37. Ready

November 5, 2010 at 11:03 pm

At first I didn’t wanna read this because I didn’t want the accompanying feelings but even with tears rolling down my eyes, I’m so glad I did. It sucks that you had to go through it amid rumors and some unsupportive people, but I’m glad you survived. I immediately performed a lump-check and while I’m happy there’s no lump, I understand that it’s not because I’m too young. Thank you for sharing and I hope to be able to help with your NGO someday.

38. Dike

November 6, 2010 at 12:23 am

I’m so inspired by this. You are a CHAMPION!

39. CLWCF

November 6, 2010 at 1:59 am

I am happy reading your story. It goes to show that breast cancer awareness in Nigeria has gone a long way. We need to bring childhood cancers to the fore to save our children. As you saw, family support is very important. We need to support families and friends of children with cancer. Help us spread the awareness for childhood cancers.

40. shade

November 6, 2010 at 5:22 am

Moving story. Thank God for your healing and may it be permanent. Amen.

Yup awareness is very important. Breast cancer affects both men and women.

41. alake mogbolu

November 6, 2010 at 5:26 am

Am grteful to God for Samira.

42. SmashingM

November 6, 2010 at 8:15 am

There is none like God! May he continue to keep you at all times. Glory to his name for ever and ever, amen.

43. SmashingM

November 6, 2010 at 8:18 am

God is awesome!

44. aliu omoze

November 6, 2010 at 8:56 am

I’m so touched,I dnt even wanna aimagine wat u went thru,God dosnt sleep.early detection is advised…life after cancer’TO GOD BE THE GLORY

45. Nnie

November 6, 2010 at 9:30 am

Samira thank God for healing you and its going to be permanent IJN.big ups to the members of your family especially your stepfather.God is your strength

46. Hope

November 6, 2010 at 10:36 am

Perhaps when we all finishing thanking God for this increadoble young lady’s life, we can do something positive ourselves by supporting her NGO. I find us Nigerians do a lot of praying without any action.

• kk

November 6, 2010 at 11:35 pm

you assume that thanking God is not anything positive?
      After supporting her NGO we will still thank God.
      Did it cross your mind that some of us are already supporting similar organisations and doing our little bit in increasing the awareness for this monster ailment?
      You sweeping assumptions are very myopic, to say the least.

47. Gold

November 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm

am proud of u.i lot my mom to cancer in 2009.

48. Kofi

November 7, 2010 at 7:47 am

I thank God for ur life, i pray that my bossom friend’s wife, who is about half way thru treatment, will have the same testimony as u have. So far i think God is with her because she is carrying herself so strong both pyshically and psychologically.I so much agree with u that early detection is key to ur success rate with treatment.I’ll encourage u to carry on the good work ur doing i’m u don’t know the number of lives ur are helping by this. go girl!!!!!!

49. The Bola

November 7, 2010 at 10:36 am

May God bless you with good health.
    I hear Turai is building a cancer research centre, this should be ggood. hopefully, a great cure is found soonest

50. Lubie Lu

November 7, 2010 at 11:33 am

Hi! Samira am very happy about ur story on BN, our God we serve is a good God, He did for u and He will always do it again and again and again. I am alos a cancer survivor, i survied bowel cancer in 2009 into early 2010 i also called upon Him, prayed and depended on Him for His divine intervention and He answered me. Pls let’s keep intouch as cancer’s survivors and fight this little monster of a thing. He that is for us is greater than he that is against us. Amen, xXx Lubie

51. Nneka

November 7, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Lovely story Samira! I’m soooo proud of you for keeping your vow to God. Many of us make vows to God in desperate times and do not fulfil them when the going turns smooth. GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED O….for real.

Lesson in summary: CHECK YOUR BOOBIES LADIES…..AND GENTLEMEN!

52. bgal

November 7, 2010 at 3:17 pm

thank you Jesus for life 🙂 congrats samira

53. mullato

November 7, 2010 at 5:21 pm

there is none like our great God. call on him with a genuine heart and all your troubles are over. Am sooooooooo happy for you. PRAISE THE LORD!

54. stanley buba

November 7, 2010 at 11:14 pm

samira. Am happy for you. Welldone. Never knew though. Keep up da spirit and struggle. U can count on me.

55. Samira Gomwalk

November 8, 2010 at 12:12 am

Hey guys thanks for all the encouraging words. I’m so grateful to you all cos you make me even stronger and more positive to go ahead embarking on this quest. Let’s continue to create awareness to help save lives. Join hearts with me on this project. May God see us through, Amen. Love you all big time.

56. abby

November 8, 2010 at 2:49 am

i thank God for your life

57. chi

November 8, 2010 at 6:39 am

Well done Samira! God is indeed faithful. I have two friends now who have survived Breast Cancer. Routine tests are conducted regularly on women for Breast and cervical cancer in the UK and US and more needs to be done to create awareness here in Nigeria as time is of essence in treating these diseases.

58. sense

November 8, 2010 at 10:19 am

we all cant imagine wat would have happened to her if she didnt persit that the doctors should check again, Please our doctors reading this acticle inform all other doctors that duely check up should be carried out, cos she stated that she went to the doctors thrice and they said notin was dere. God bless u SAMIRA, and may he continually guide us. Amen.

59. Pocahontas

November 8, 2010 at 10:20 am

One hell of a young woman. Glad I know you Samira, you inspire me. Zan kira ki anjuma ko?

60. ema

November 8, 2010 at 12:59 pm

May God see you through your endeavour. I am especially glad that you decided to fulfil your promise made to God.

tnks a lot for sharing Samira.

61. ema

November 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Ah, i forgot, my Bible tells me that affliction shall not arise a second time…it will never re-occur for you, in Jesus Name.
    Amen

62. Mariamah

November 8, 2010 at 1:12 pm

I’m very happy 4 u, It is well wit u in Jesus name. Thank u 4 sharing yr story, n encouraging other cancer patients.

63. Ayo

November 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm

Half the battle is truly in the mind. I praise God on your behalf. Your story is inspiring.

64. uchechi

November 8, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Wow…thank God for your life. Ladies please always check your breasts for lumps, a stitch in time saves nine. Had a similar experience when i was 18, thank God it was benign.

65. Adooshe Wuam

November 9, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Thank God for you Samira. Reading this piece reminded me of a friend who recently lost her Mum to cancer and another who’s Mum is fighting for her life right now. I received d most beatiful text when she told me my support helped her through the most trying time of her life – her mum’s illness and eventual death. I watched her go through the trauma of caring for a terminally ill loved one and I saw the helplessness & despair that she felt. So I can imagine how the affected person would feel. It jst sent it home for me that people really want to know that they are not walking alone. It might not take away the physical pain but it provides reassurance, comfort and hope which helps to ease the load.

So am saying, even if you dont have the right words to say, just be there physically, in prayers, text messages anyhow, just let them know you are there.

Jemima, I can’t reach you on your phone so I suppose you got the visa to travel and go be at your mum’s bedside. I’m praying for her and am praying for you. It is well

66. Show some love

November 9, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Wow, Congrats Samira. Your story inspirational. SO funny cos i have seen this article for awhile but didnt get to open it to read it. I was loking for another artcile and stumbled across it. there is a seed like lump on my neck. Its been there for ages but not painful, ive been to teh doctors even recently but they all say its nothing that its just a lymphnode. I’ll go check it. I’m sure it would not be malignant IJMN Amen.I belive so cos He died for me and bore all sickness. Keep up the good work. Psalm 107 v 20 says ‘ He sent forth His word and healed you and He aved you from destruction’. Affliction will never arise a second time In JESUS Mighty Name Amen

67. Show some love

November 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Molicious, please dotn prepare for the worst. You have to prepare for the best instead. Its so important to think and believe positively. Please we have power through our owrds and thoughts.

68. jennietobbie

November 10, 2010 at 12:45 am

Nigerians…..we are moving forward. I know we’re getting there. Veryyyyy inspiring and Bellanaija……muahzzzzz……this website should win an Oscar or sometin’ I am proud of you and everyone else here. This is amazinggggggggggggggggg

69. angelsbeauty

November 12, 2010 at 9:27 pm

thank God for your life. I am glad you got the ‘all clear’. had a scare myself a few years ago. keep spreading the awareness. x

70. Teri

November 13, 2010 at 10:16 pm

I love it when i see young people who have discovered the purpose for which they were born and then get busy actualizing it. You are doing a good work. stay focus and God will guide your steps.

71. roundrobin

November 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm

God loves you and im truly happy for you. may u continually enjoy divine health. thanks for sharing

• Ogo

December 17, 2010 at 10:40 pm

Hi Omachuku, I really thank God for your lives, particulary inteested in autoimmune diseases, its an initiative under my cause….will be working more on it in 2011, it will be nice if we can talk more.

72. Omachuku

December 1, 2010 at 4:58 pm

Samira am so inspired by your story, went through some thing similar at the age of 20 and still dealing with recovering but God has been so marvelous to me. Would be glad to share if am given the opportunity. Till then you all can read on autoimmune diseases, i suffered polymiositis. Having gone through all that i have been through, wouldn’t even wish it on my worst enemy.My dear friends God really dey, and he’s awesome.Samira get in touch am in GH.

73. jackie

December 6, 2010 at 2:11 pm

your a blessed woman.. actually i learnt that we shud nt ignore the little pain we feel in our body coz it signify dat something is wrong. Actually i hv internal pain on my leg for more than a week. I only do da massage coz i always blv that am busy. bt this story realy teach me something am going to hospital ryt now

74. Ogo

December 17, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Beautiful Samira, really wonderful. I thank God for ur life and for the purpose of Cancer in ur life, may u fulfil to His own Glory, Amen!!!

75. Ogo

December 17, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Omachuku

76. vylla

March 21, 2011 at 3:11 pm

so touching..i proud of you for all what happen and the way you throgh it all…god bless yoou

77. Princess

January 23, 2017 at 11:14 pm

it’s so sad that after the fight we still lost samira today to the same disease. My heart has been broken and torn. Cancer lost and heaven has won

78. Paul

January 24, 2017 at 8:50 pm

When I saw friends mourning Samira on Facebook today I sympathised but didn’t really know the story, having gone through her story now. I can only say that Samira fought the good fight of faith and won, God only saw that after everything and all she deserved a good rest that’s why He called her home. Rest on dearie

79. Lisa

January 25, 2017 at 1:08 am

The pain of losing you is intense. Samira, all your pain is gone, your stay was short, your memory will last forever..You have touched so many, loved by many, always there when ever needed.
    Fighting cancer for 9years wasn’t easy but you fought a good fight. Heaven needed an angel and God sent for you. Rest on Sissy, I miss you sooo much.

80. Lisa

January 25, 2017 at 5:15 am

Lisa January 25, 2017 at 1:08 am

81. May...

January 25, 2017 at 9:19 am

Rest on Samira… Rest on our cheerful lady!

82. Kay

January 26, 2017 at 9:38 am

RIP Samira.

83. The President

January 29, 2017 at 1:31 pm

You’ve fought and you’ve won Samira. God wants you with him in heaven. You’ll be fondly missed and remembered for good.