We recently published an article on the benefits of calcium. In response to the daily need for calcium, the foremost provider of nutritional value for growing families, Promasidor Nigeria Limited recently relaunched their premium milk brand Loya Milk.
Yes, we were all informed and excited about the mineral requirements for good health in growing families and even adults in general.
If you remember, we mentioned some certain facts and let’s state them again…
- Calcium is most abundant mineral in the body with over 99% stored in the bones and teeth, and the rest of the body’s tissues and inter-cellular fluids.
- The skeleton of a young adult male contains about 1.2kg of this body nutrient – calcium
- It is also important for nerve impulse transmission, muscle contraction, blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, the stimulation of hormone secretion and the activation of enzyme reaction.
- Typically in children, there is more deposition to build bone. In adults, deposition roughly equals absorption to maintain bone strength.
It is joy to the heart that a Nigerian company has taken up the challenge to ensure that we all get the best of calcium in our diets with the improved and re-fortified Loya Milk with 50% more calcium. The repackaged and refortified Loya Milk offers consumers more Calcium for building and maintaining better bones, tougher teeth and a healthier heart. To maintain bone strength, the body continually balances absorption and deposition of calcium into new bones. So really we all, young and old do need calcium especially in this side of the world where our diet is heavily carbohydrates based.
At the consumer launch which held recently in Lagos at the Federal Palace Hotel in Victoria Island. Celebrities, the crème de la crème alongside representative of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria and Dietitians Association of Nigeria witnessed the rebirth of Loya Milk in most serene environment.
The special guests of honour at the launch event were Professor Ignatius Onimawo, National President Nutrition Society of Nigeria and Mary Jane Umeh, National Secretary of the Dietitians Association of Nigeria with keynote addresses on the “value of calcium to a growing Nigerian family” .
The Managing Director of Promasidor Nig. Limited, Keith Richards said at the event; “We have really done our homework on the refortified high calcium Loya milk, and this we did in order to offer the growing Nigerian family both young and young at heart a product that offers them not only a healthier diet mix but also top shelf quality that meets worlds class standards”
Speaking further, the GM marketing Promasidor, Kachi Onubogu asserts “Calcium is an essential part of our everyday lives especially in our growing children and we have introduced the a calcium-Loya® milk to demonstrate that we do care about our consumer welfare and overall health status, so we are really excited about this and how well this product will do in the market based on the nutritional value we are bringing to the growing family in Nigeria”
And according to the National Secretary of the Dietitians Association of Nigeria, Mary Jane Umeh of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital says “ We all should greatly appreciate Promasidor Nigeria Limited for all their efforts and since calcium is a major component of mineralized tissues that is required for normal growth and skeletal development, optimal calcium intake is important for every member of a growing family to maximize peak adult bone mass and its maintenance, to minimize the elderly bone loss and prevent a number of common chronic medical disorders in our families in particular and Nigeria at large”
The new Loya milk comes in various pack sizes like the 400g & 900g in Tins and 22g & 400g Sachet all at affordable prices. The new Loya milk Five Star promises are:
• Loya is made from the highest quality fresh cows’ milk under strict quality control conditions
• Loya mixes instantly and easily in both warm or cold safe drinking water, making it ideal for tea and other beverages
• Loya is rich in protein and calcium as well as the vitamins and minerals essential for the whole family
• Loya’s rich, full cream taste is a delicious treat on its own, in tea or coffee and great with breakfast cereal
• Loya’s range of sizes, from small sachets to family packs, offers convenience and value-for-money
If you are ever in a position to get milk for you or your family, it makes absolute sense to choose the 50% calcium enriched and refortified Loya® milk.