Music

New Video: JJC – Say Yes

BellaNaija.com

We can only imagine the number of proposals (and breakups – didn’t you know?) that will take place during this Valentine’s Day season.
JJC is here to get us in the mood with his new video – “Say Yes“. The song has been around for a while but the video is brand new.
JJC’s new album “African Dream” is in the works. He recently filmed a feature for King Lexy’s new video “Na Who”. Watch out for those two projects!

1. Yo!

February 1, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Nice, nice, nice 🙂

2. Girl

February 1, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Couldn’t stop smiling at the end of the video

3. !!!

February 2, 2011 at 12:04 am

awww…nice video, the girl is very pretty and kudos on the proposal scene, very apt.

4. THE AMAKA

February 2, 2011 at 3:15 am

SMDH…
    “WE ARE AFRICANS! AFRICANS, AWOO!” and then i see this? SMH…JJC has lost a fan.
    #NEXT!

5. Alubidi

February 2, 2011 at 4:37 am

This song has a very nice beat! Not feeling the auto-tune but this beat is tight.

6. sweetie

February 2, 2011 at 4:58 am

lovely video, lovely song….my best part is when he was singing in yoruba..aand i dnt even understand yoruba but me likey 🙂

7. jaybee

February 2, 2011 at 5:48 am

i LOVE d song,and the gal is soo pretty
    i was expecting a ring when he brought out the watch,and eventually d ring,nice twist lol

8. iREAD

February 2, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I love it. Yessssssssssss! Yessss!

*Regains composure* Lovely vid. Beautiful girl. @ The Amaka – I think more reason to love JJC, he’s versatile. Do you have their first album -JJC\419? Once a fan, you’ll always be. Please give him a chance. I really like and respect him from them JJ419 days. He’s so underated.

• THE AMAKA

February 3, 2011 at 12:58 am

here is what i actually mean…
      “the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice, black skin is hard to refuse.
      once you go black you can never go back, everything out there just goes ‘WHACK’ ”
      and i look….and that girl looks Lebanese or something (she could be half black or whatever, but thats not the point).

doing TWO REMIXES! all this “African and proud”
      hisssss, what a hypocrite.
      he should stop being fake and stick to the agenda.

9. Purpleicious babe

February 2, 2011 at 2:26 pm

nice song.

10. French Niara

February 3, 2011 at 9:41 am

Nice hope part two wnt disappoint

11. Ms. Sassy eyes

February 3, 2011 at 10:10 am

@The amaka, Ok ur problem is the colour of the girl’s skin? That means the song and video is ok abi? well that is what important here so….

• THE AMAKA

February 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

its not really the girl’s skin, its the fact that she’s not black (maybe she is half, but she doesnt look it)
      dont go singing these songs about African pride and african this and that, and then turn around and do the opposite. why couldn’t an African girl be hired to play the lead role? ehhh? after all, you’re selling your music to African people. we have let our artists get too comfortable with that lousy trend….its really sad.
      please get real
      I’m sure people will say “stop hating blah blah” but no one is hating, im just calling it like i see it.

12. Tunde

February 9, 2011 at 9:11 pm

@ The Amaka for the record the girl is actually an African girl no mixture from anywhere. And i believe We Are African is a song made to make black people proud and unite not turn into racists. I hope this clears things up for you. Regards

13. On Fire

February 12, 2011 at 3:37 am

My, my, my! I’m dancing. And swooning 🙂

14. Redrose

February 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm

@ Tunde, That’s so true, we are africans is a song to unite everyone. Seems like someone’s hating on light skinned girls. SO becos she is light she is not black? please I beg the video is so good and the concept is different. I am looking forward to what else JJC is going to come out with.